Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I'm legitimately concerned that none of you have ever actually witnessed anything humorous.
    well now i'm concerned about what you consider to be humerous.. this whole thread and you don't think any of it is funny? are you one of those people that laughs at the Big Bang Theory and Progressive commercials and shit like that?

During Calvin Harris Weekend 2 the two guys behind me were dancing like typical fratty douches (the just random moshing into you even though they have plenty of space) This was fine as I was managing to get plenty of elbows into one of the guys side and he started dancing farther away from me. Soon after they noticed Rihanna wasn't coming out as a special guest they immediately stopped dancing, began booing and flipping off Calvin Harris and discussing how awful and horrible it was Rihanna wasn't making a guest appearance.

I can only hope these kids were from a local college and didnt travel any considerable distance to have their "Coachella Experience" ruined when Rihanna didnt appear.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
    well now i'm concerned about what you consider to be humerous.. this whole thread and you don't think any of it is funny? are you one of those people that laughs at the Big Bang Theory and Progressive commercials and shit like that?
    1) Not one lul has been had in this thread.

2) What are you gonna do about it? I highly doubt you have any associates who, by means of their employment, are capable of getting revenge on people who disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    1) Not one lul has been had in this thread.

2) What are you gonna do about it? I highly doubt you have any associates who, by means of their employment, are capable of getting revenge on people who disagree with you.
    Just out of curiosity, do you ever contribute to threads, or just start forum bickering?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Swedish House Mafia: two djs and a guy who speaks english
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I guess it's like me going to some Al Queda site and being like "Hey guys. don't ask me how I know, but Bin Laden isn't really dead" And all those terrorist dudes would be like "Hey fuck head, Daft Punk is still not playing Coachella"

In the middle of the crowd during Beirut's set two forty somethings were either trying out a new sex move, stretching, or thought they could dance. The woman had her leg on the guy's shoulder, who was wearing a straw hat like a hood with his face through the middle. Watching their drunk asses eat shit was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bus McRider View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you ever contribute to threads, or just start forum bickering?
    Oh, Please
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bus McRider View Post
    I'm legitimately concerned that you're not aware of what "contributing to threads" means.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

We don't all have the inspiration to create content like "Will Thom Yorke Show Up During Modeselektor: THE THREAD"
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...et-and-ruin-it

Saw and partook in a couple of random encounters this past weekend.

The first was buying weed off of the security guys that searched our car when we arrived on Thursday night. $50 got me some really good bud and a lot of it.

The second was finding a huge bag of weed on the concert grounds right next to the Do Lab tent at around 1pm on Sunday. Couldn't have been there long because it was pretty noticeable. We stuck around there for 10 minutes to see if anyone would show up looking for their stash. No one arrived.

Finally, at the food vendors in between the Gobi and Outdoor, there was a guy in the mid afternoon on Saturday that was so f'ed up, that he was running full speed out of the Gobi towards the Do-Lab. He lost control and face planted along the ground. Looked terribly painful and was probably a bit jarring considering he was on some mind altering substance.

Omar is gonna get you mja, watch out
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

BUYING WEED FROM SOMEONE IS NOT FUNNY. IT HAS NEVER BEEN FUNNY.

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Actually, I have a funny story about buying weed. Not my story personally, but a friend who was always relatively not full of shit.

So I grew up a town over from Red Bank, NJ, which is where Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes are from. This resulted in almost everyone who was in their same age range having a story or two about some encounter with one or the other before they were famous, usually Jay. One of my friends was even able to confirm that indeed, Mewes had been quite the rinky-dink pot dealer of the neighborhood. Always selling crappy dime bags of seedy ditch weed for fifteen bucks. But that was years ago, when they were both about 16.

So then a decade later he's in Monmouth Mall (the local mall which Mallrats was meant to be set in) and he sees Mewes in the food court. This was while Dogma was still in the tail end of its theatrical run--it was still playing in the movie theatre adjacent to the food court, in fact. He flags Mewes down, initially a little startled by how different he looked (unaware at the time that Mewes was deep in the throes of opiate addiction). Mewes exchanges pleasant greetings with him, remembers him, but before the guy can even try and trip down memory lane with the now quasi-movie star who used to just be a kid from the neighborhood, Mewes cut him off. "Hey, you still smoke?" My friend had stopped smoking weed by that point in his life, but expecting a rare offer to smoke a joint with a guy who was famous for it he answered that yeah, sure, he could go for a puff.

Mewes answer: "I got some nice ounces out in the car, 300 bucks, you want?"

Motherfucker was on a movie poster no more than 100 feet away.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Well, I take it back. Weed stories, like all stories, can be humorous if they are told well and are more than two dip shit sentences long.

And yes, I find the Progressive auto commercials uproariously hilarious. Clearly.

Some of these read like a live-blogging of a post-Saget episode of America's Funniest Home Videos.

I saw people obviously on drugs. They said something that people on drugs would probably say. Hartiharhtarharhatarhar. They were on drugs!

Some of these read like a live-blogging of a post-Saget episode of America's Funniest Home Videos.
    YOU ARE SO FUCKING RETARDED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    bears were representing this year. mostly weekend 1
    Weekend one had bears too? Getting onto the ferris wheel, there was a group of about 4 or 5 huge, burly, hairy men without shirts riding the ferris wheel together. It was the greatest thing I've ever witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by soursour View Post
    Weekend one had bears too? Getting onto the ferris wheel, there was a group of about 4 or 5 huge, burly, hairy men without shirts riding the ferris wheel together. It was the greatest thing I've ever witnessed.
    Really wish there was pictures! That'd be hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by soursour View Post
    There were a bunch of assholes behind me in the ferris wheel line. They were not from America and had zero idea of what personal space was. It was really obnoxious. Especially when the drunk bitch decided she wanted to have sex with her boyfriend right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    Every night, among the throng of people going back to camp, there would inevitably be a group of people singing loudly off key. Nathan and I would mock them by singing "I NEED ATTENTION!! GIVE ME ATTENTION! I'M SINGING ONLY FOR ATTENTION!!"

That usually shut them up pretty quickly.
    Yeah man singing at a music festival is some FUCKED UP SHIT.

I'm pretty sure you confused "funny stories" with "being a total fucking asshole".
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

speaking of no lulz

Could've left that one in the oven a little longer.

I feel so close to you right now....

Did anyone else have a woman who looked like the immigrant middle aged love child between danny devito and the maid from family guy wander in front of them bug eyed and looking at the sky in horror?

My sister and I were eating a little bit of fungus, but she was as real as the bro population at Coachella

We need more lemon pledge

Consuela

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Well, I take it back. Weed stories, like all stories, can be humorous if they are told well and are more than two dip shit sentences long.
    here are 2 weeds stories...
    First I was lighting up a j right before the black keys, and I began to pass back and forth with a buddy. This weed-hawk chick rolls next to me for a minute and then asks me if I can blow my hit into her mouth (shotgun).. I give her a flat look of disgust and say "why don't I just pass it to you" and hand her the j. Later she tells me, "hey, are you gonna be here for a while? Gonna grab some water" as if 1 hit made us a crew... I reply "I'll probably be where people don't ask me to blow into their mouths...". If you want in on my j, start an interesting conversation with me and I will pass it, don't ask for some unsanitary shit that makes u look like a crack head (although I appreciated that she was trying to conserve...still nasty from a stranger)

2nd weed story...
    Had my lighter jacked by night 2, I was a bit behind and left of the first barrier to the left of the vip entrance thingy for Bon iver and waiting for radiohead, and i was going to light my j up. I overhear a brit couple saying they wish they had a j, so i pull mine out and offer to share to show some California hospitality, they accept and I ask a dude to the right of me for a light, he pulls his lighter out and I ask him if he wants in since he provided the fire, he accepts and tells me a story about how his half ounce got confiscated during car camping entrance and he's stoked that I offered. So we get to smoking, and we kill it, the dude taking eager hits which is understandable since its his first toke of the fest...10mins pass and both the dude and the couple get super quiet, so I ask if they're feeling ok. They reply that they are fine but just crazy high...10 more minutes and I see the dude start to sway (this is now about 10 min before radiohead is about to start). So I turn to check him out and shakes twice and goes down...fainted for like 30 secs...I though oh shit, I'm going to jail ,this dude just died from my herb...30 seconds later he wakes up, I give him my water bottle, there is a day job nurse behind me talking to him. So I look for the British couple to see if they are ok, but they are gone...must have took off in the commotion. So the guy gets up when radiohead starts and toughs it out for a few songs, swaying, and finally asks me, "hey, is it cool if I go chill". I say man do what you need, take care of yourself...what is it about giving someone a hit, that makes them think we are now an crew...strange.

My best weed stories of the weekend...take em as you wish...and pardon the spelling and punctuation (phone)

Weedhawk chick was looking for hookupchella more than ganja it seems.

Is he complaining because she was fat or what?

Ugly?

Your at a fest...swap fluids you clown

Not judging her looks (but a bit of both if you must know)...swapping fluids with a chick who asks randoms to blow in their mouths...sounds tasty, but Ill pass. Although she ended up wet-lippin the j I passed her, prolly got whatever she had anyways, good thing I crutch j's that will be passed. But I see your point, if she was HOT this would've been a different story for a different thread!