Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

I heard a guy today say "I wouldn't want to have sex with a woman today. It's too hot."

Shitty quality I know, but funny as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by softbulletin View Post
    I don't agree with him, but he has every right to complain. The people who complain about the complainers are even worse in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongshotJoe View Post
    But the WORST are the people who complain about the people complaining about the complainers. Those people should probably kill themselves.

Some 15 yo Dre fan said - "Why are they called At the Drive-in? That's stupid, they should be At the Drive-thru"
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Someone was pissing on the bleachers from the little upper area in the Mojave/Sahara beer gardens. Word of warning: Watch where you sit after dark!
    I dumped my beer on two girls pissing in the dirt behind the bleachers Sunday afternoon. They were not pleased. Upon descending the press box stairs, I noticed a girl squatting, in broad daylight, under the bleachers. "Don't piss under the bleachers, you skeezy fucking cunt!!!! Put your rotten stinkbox away!" She also was not pleased. Watching her try to run, pee, and pull up her shorts simultaneously, however, was hiliarious.

My favorite: After leaving the Outdoor pit at Refused for some air, I overheard a guy and girl talking quietly, "... I don't know, this isn't very dancey." "Well, let's just wait and see." Two minutes later girl taps my shoulder and asks what stage this is. "Wait, so this isn't the main stage?" I desperately wanted to ask them how long they were standing there before they realized that they were not watching SHM, but I was laughing.
    Last edited by greghead; 04-22-2012 at 04:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

After I took this pic, I noticed some legs up the air.

Why would a woman wear this?

Judging from her breast size and shoulders, that is actually not a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    and never sit along a fence line. first place people go to piss, puke, etc.
    Yeah, in 2009, my girlfriend and I were walking from the fest to Parking lot 15 and walked by the outside perimeter of the artist compound when all of a sudden, I hear the sound of pee hitting the ground near the fence. I tell my my gf, who was walking near the fence, to step away because someone be a-peein'. She jumps away from fence with a "ewwwww!" and the dude on the other side made this "bah!" sound that sounded exactly like Wario.

We still talk about this to this day.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Why would a woman wear this?
    ]
    'Cuz Azealia fucking rocks.

I couldn't wear it to work though.

After Dre & Snoop, My girlfriend and I got back to our tent on the corner of N. 106th and we had our tent open and were just watched the big crowds of people go by. I wanted to get ready for bed, so I wanted to take out my contacts, but I need her mirror, so I could see what I was doing. I held the mirror in my lap as I was arching my back forward to take out the contacts when a dude came up to our tent and said "Excuse me... are you guys doing blow?" Both me and the girlfriend stared blankly at him for a full second before saying no, and could barely contain our laughter as he walked away.

Also, on Thursday evening at the campsite, about a yard away from our spot was some horse manure. The gf and I played a game where we counted how many people walking by stepped in it. After about 15 minutes, roughly 15 people had stepped on it, mostly guys, but only one or two girls in flip flops. The ratio was too frequent, so we stopped counting after that point.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

A bro was debating with his friend whether or not to see Dre and Snoop. He says:

"It'd be cool, but I think it would be a lot more fun to get super drunk, push to the front for Avicci, and rage"

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    After Dre & Snoop, My girlfriend and I got back to our tent on the corner of N. 106th and we had our tent open and were just watched the big crowds of people go by. I wanted to get ready for bed, so I wanted to take out my contacts, but I need her mirror, so I could see what I was doing. I held the mirror in my lap as I was arching my back forward to take out the contacts when a dude came up to our tent and said "Excuse me... are you guys doing blow?" Both me and the girlfriend stared blankly at him for a full second before saying no, and could barely contain our laughter as he walked away.
    I think it's funnier you need a mirror to take out contacts. teehee

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    A bro was debating with his friend whether or not to see Dre and Snoop. He says:

"It'd be cool, but I think it would be a lot more fun to get super drunk, push to the front for Avicci, and rage"
    This isn't funny.

ya it is...i'd laugh with my friends if I heard someone suggest getting drunk and seeing avicci > dre & snoop

While waiting for Radiohead to start, there were two fucked up idiots doing nothing but annoying myself and the people around me. One kept trying to talk to some girl but she wasn't interested so he called her a cunt. We all got pissed at him for that so he left. A few minutes, he comes back and apologizes to the girl saying that he "doesn't want bad vibes, especially before Radiohead starts."

Quote Originally Posted by g1zzz View Post
    While waiting for Radiohead to start, there were two fucked up idiots doing nothing but annoying myself and the people around me. One kept trying to talk to some girl but she wasn't interested so he called her a cunt. We all got pissed at him for that so he left. A few minutes, he comes back and apologizes to the girl saying that he "doesn't want bad vibes, especially before Radiohead starts."
    lol before Radiohead started, I met some dude who found it funny to yell "CUNT!!" as loud as possible to annoy a girl in front of him. She kept giving him a death stare so he said "don't be such a cunt and chill out." She left. lulz ensued.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

^ The scenario in my head was probably funnier than the reality of it
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

In everyone's defense, none of these stories are very funny.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Thursday night in the campground my group of friends were slowly starting to fall asleep one by one when a stranger just wanders into our campsite. The guy was gone, couldn't tell if he was just shit faced drunk or on something harder. Well Anton (took us a little while to learn his name) was a nice guy generally, really interested in my buddy Liam for some reason, wouldn't stop interviewing him. We didn't get much information out of him besides his name, he forgot most questions that was asked of him in seconds and basically had his own language of slurring and expressions of surprise. My friend filmed him so I'll ask if she can send me the video. My buddy Cameron and I realize that this guy is here to stay so we rile him up and lead him to the silent disco and then ditch him there hoping that he finds some other lucky soul to latch on to. We get back to the site and reminisce about our Anton for a little while and generally forget about him. Thirty minutes later we hear a rustling near one of the tents are surprised to see good old Anton back, except he doesn't seem to notice us. For some reason he tries to stalk the perimeter of our campsite, he basically clung to the tarps that our neighbors put in between the sites and very slowly and carefully traversed the border between our tents, canopies, and tarps and our neighbors. It was like watching a full grown man play the floor is lava game and fail miserably. He didn't say a word to us during this and left shortly. The next day we see him on the way to the restrooms and welcome him back, he had no idea who any of us are.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

My husband was walking through the beer garden with a beer in each hand and a young girl nudged him slightly and made him spill a couple of drops from each cup. He yelled very forcefully, "God dammit, son of a bitch!" The girl jumped and cowered in fear. Jim and I just laughed.

Yeah so far this year has been pretty weak, my story was something you had to been there for honestly, or have a more talented writer present

I thought "I hope they play Idiotic" was funny. :/

Boosh has Coldchella'd this thread.

Teri Suaréz, during the Le Butcherettes, first took off her apron and tossed it into the crowd. Then she threw her shoes. A couple of bottles of water. Then she tossed her entire keyboard into the crowd - thought she was gonna kill someone. Anyways, some lucky fellow left the set with a keyboard.

After I took this pic, I noticed some legs up the air.

I really like how in character the one wearing the frog hat is. Do you think he did a...flip when Andrew Bird covered Kermit? Oh jeez, how rich

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In everyone's defense, none of these stories are very funny.
    No, the Refused/SHM stage-fail was definitely funny.

Pouring beers on stupid bitches was funny but, yeah, you would have to have seen the confused looks on the beer-doused faces to appreciate the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Teri Suaréz, during the Le Butcherettes, first took off her apron and tossed it into the crowd. Then she threw her shoes. A couple of bottles of water. Then she tossed her entire keyboard into the crowd - thought she was gonna kill someone. Anyways, some lucky fellow left the set with a keyboard.
    Security came into the crowd a song or two later and took it back from whoever grabbed it.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    Some 15 yo Dre fan said - "Why are they called At the Drive-in? That's stupid, they should be At the Drive-thru"
    I was far left rail during the beginning of the set when a guy pushes me and asks if him and his gf can get in. I had 1 arm on the rail for over an hour waiting patiently for someone to budge over or leave before Dre to get my real spot where I could lean in. The asshole that asked me was told to keep going by about 10 angry people behind me. He started telling his gf "more like the drive-in at kfc" and other fast food spots. He probably said it about 5 different times within 20 minutes. Biggest douche I encountered all weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

In line for water refill while Jeff Mangum's playing nearby...
    Girl to presumed boyfriend: Someone's covering Neutral Milk Hotel over there!

Posted this in another thread but it's more appropriate here, weekend 1:

These are all stories from the same, cracked out neighbors by the way.

Early Saturday morning, around 5 AM, I was the only one in my tent awake, and I hear a girl start shivering quite loudly outside of my tent. I start tripping out because...well that's fucking weird, and she wouldn't stop. She went over to my friend's tent and scratched on the tent until they opened up. My friends asked her where she was camping (literally 20 feet away) but she had no idea where she was and basically couldn't form a sentence. My friends had to take her in and let her sleep in their tent for the night, and when we were talking about how weird it was in the morning, her friend came over and said, "hey, that girl that you're talking about is with us, can we get her from your tent?"

Sunday night: right after the festival ended, one of the girls in the tent was getting completely chewed out by another girl, it was absolutely hilarious, shit like "YOU NEED TO BREAK UP WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND," "YOU'RE SO FUCKING IRRESPONSIBLE."

Later on in the night, around 3 AM, one of the dudes began pissing outside while one of the girls was watching him (I can only assume this is what was happening based on what I heard). They were amazed at how much he was peeing. I'm not joking. Every few seconds, I'd hear the girl say stuff like "it just keeps going!!!" They were so stoked that this was happening. Once he finished peeing (I will never forget this), he told her "you have to make sure to shake it off after you're done, most girls don't know this but it leaves a huge mess if you don't."

Weekend 2:

amazingly stereotypical loud meatheads from Long Island (they were really nice, but some of the shit they were saying was hilarious). Imagine all of these with a heavy New York accent.

Bro 1: "Bro, are you alright?"
    Bro 2: "Yea I'm aight bro."
    Bro 1: "Aight, then don't do any more coke, just smoke some weed or drink or something"

Quote 2: "I was talking to this girl when I was on e bro, my pupils were the size of my fuckin' eye"
    Last edited by Zero23; 04-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.