Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    I heard this as well.
    popular line
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caaahmen View Post
    During Flying Lotus, someone walked up to my friend and said "IS THIS DAVID GUETTA?"
    best moment of my life.
    I had two different girls approach me Saturday and ask if the band on the stage was Gotye.... the band was Godspeed You! Black Emperor, and they left as soon as I said no. I should have cofirmed that it was Gotye, and told them they were about to play Somebody that I used to know, or whatever it's called haha

Not so much funny as astounding that I actually saw something so dumb happen in real time. I was a Dawes checking out a few songs before heading over to Sahara for Madeon when I looked over at the giant toothpick spiney art thing (don't know what it was called, sorry, but it's in the above pic with the vendor who got demolished) and there was some dude climbing up it like spiderman. At first I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be doing that, like part of the installation or something, but I though gosh that's probabaly not safe. So I keep watching as this dude goes about half way up the spines and leans out for a photo. At this point I obviously know it's a jackass who has obviously made a stupid descion and I watch as what I knew was going to happen actually happened.... he went to climb back down and only got about 2 spines down when one came undone and he fell to the ground. It was a pretty good distance. As I walked over a crowd had formed and security was calling for medical help and wouldn't let anyone near so I could see how badly the guy got hurt and haven't heard anything else about it. Anyone have any more details/see that?
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Every person that came to our campsite asking for tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    Anyone have any more details/see that?
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...ront-of-Sahara
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    Anyone have any more details/see that?
    see below:

Quote Originally Posted by JosephL View Post
    first time at coachella on the first day. i barely walk into the festival and am heading to the sahara tent and this is what i see lol

It looks like he stood back up after he fell, but security forced him to sit back down until someone else comes.... Probably to check his condition and/or reprimand him.

I saw some guy pissing in the middle of the Outdoor, not 100 ft from the bathrooms, with his friends surrounding him giggling with glee. I thought it was fucking disgusting and lazy, but apparently judging by his gf howling, it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by wompwomp View Post
    Medic to guy who had just woken up in the medical tent, trying to convince him not to leave: "Sir I think you need to see a doctor"
    Guy trying to leave: "I am going to see a doctor, MOTHER FUCKING DRE"
    Hahaha, I don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by someone View Post
    I saw some guy pissing in the middle of the Outdoor, not 100 ft from the bathrooms, with his friends surrounding him giggling with glee. I thought it was fucking disgusting and lazy, but apparently judging by his gf howling, it was hilarious.
    Someone was pissing on the bleachers from the little upper area in the Mojave/Sahara beer gardens. Word of warning: Watch where you sit after dark!

Friday morning we were all sleeping in our tents and then you suddenly hear a guy in our lot yell "Rain my ass, it's gonna be a BEAUTIFUL day!!" and we all started laughing. That was the day it was super gloomy and rainy. In his defense, it was sunny that morning.

Also, my friend said she saw two people standing in front of each other and then a third person reading off vows for them to repeat to each other. And then she saw a group of high school-looking girls sitting down and then suddenly they pulled out syringes with a clear liquid in them and then run off.

"uh yeah, snoop dog is like super old, he's like 85 or something."
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

Getting in at 11am on Friday, after getting searched by security, a guy takes out a walkie talkie and asks his friend "DID YOU SNEAK IN THE HEROIN?"
    It's obvious they were joking but it was a really cool moment
    pillows and parties

Walking through 106th st isles, overheard "I want it to say, i want dick in my mouth now"
    the amount of bros that turned out for 'Wolf Gang' thinking it was Odd Future, realized it wasn't and left.

A guy at Dada Life decided to take off all of his clothes and dance naked for the last few songs. Him standing around embarrassed and trying to put his clothes back on was the best part. And yes, attending Dada Life's set was a mistake. But I was bored and wanted a good spot for Nero. Don't judge me.

Quote Originally Posted by bells View Post
    Getting in at 11am on Friday, after getting searched by security, a guy takes out a walkie talkie and asks his friend "DID YOU SNEAK IN THE HEROIN?"
    It's obvious they were joking but it was a really cool moment
    Saturday night I was in line to get into the venue in front of some guys who wouldn't stop talking about the acid they were sneaking in. They were obviously getting a little freaked out about getting caught until the guy doing the patdowns in our line disappeared, and all of us walked in cool. Lucky dudes had nothing to worry about the whole time ; P

Quote Originally Posted by virexgaze View Post
    Crazy lady Sunday Night by the porta potties screaming HELP!! Help me! Help me! Help me! over and over. People walking by her just watching her or trying to help but then her freaking out on them. Then being tackled by the police and shoved into the car.. Lasted a good 10 mins..

Was that this person?

2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1

Thursday night in the campground my group of friends were slowly starting to fall asleep one by one when a stranger just wanders into our campsite. The guy was gone, couldn't tell if he was just shit faced drunk or on something harder. Well Anton (took us a little while to learn his name) was a nice guy generally, really interested in my buddy Liam for some reason, wouldn't stop interviewing him. We didn't get much information out of him besides his name, he forgot most questions that was asked of him in seconds and basically had his own language of slurring and expressions of surprise. My friend filmed him so I'll ask if she can send me the video. My buddy Cameron and I realize that this guy is here to stay so we rile him up and lead him to the silent disco and then ditch him there hoping that he finds some other lucky soul to latch on to. We get back to the site and reminisce about our Anton for a little while and generally forget about him. Thirty minutes later we hear a rustling near one of the tents are surprised to see good old Anton back, except he doesn't seem to notice us. For some reason he tries to stalk the perimeter of our campsite, he basically clung to the tarps that our neighbors put in between the sites and very slowly and carefully traversed the border between our tents, canopies, and tarps and our neighbors. It was like watching a full grown man play the floor is lava game and fail miserably. He didn't say a word to us during this and left shortly. The next day we see him on the way to the restrooms and welcome him back, he had no idea who any of us are.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

My god I'm getting pumped up .. probably a good idea to clear plenty of space on my iphone for all of this

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    Was that this person?

HAHHA yeh thats the one....

God that sucks. Don't take the brown acid, amirite!?!

My neighbor screaming into his phone at his room mate for throwing a party at this house in La Jolla and how he's getting kicked out.
    My neighbor getting shit faced drunk, walking up to a couple fighting, taking the water bottle out of their hand and dumping it on his head and then walking away.
    Everything that has ever come out of my campmate's mouth, including her getting drunk and mauling Sun Chips.
    In relation to Dre and Snoop, "Wow. They still got it." DUH, MOTHER FUCKERS.
    Last edited by romanticizer; 04-20-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

"I sure hope they play Idiotic"

Quote Originally Posted by BotConnecting View Post
    the amount of bros that turned out for 'Wolf Gang' thinking it was Odd Future, realized it wasn't and left.
    didn't think anyone would actually think that hahah smh
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    Was that this person?

That poor chick. Glad the person in my camp who had a freak out didn't get to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    NO!

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Someone was pissing on the bleachers from the little upper area in the Mojave/Sahara beer gardens. Word of warning: Watch where you sit after dark!
    and never sit along a fence line. first place people go to piss, puke, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    and never sit along a fence line. first place people go to piss, puke, etc.
    This^^^^

If the girls think the dudes are disgusting then they need to watch their friends a little closer. There are some nasty broads out there! I could probably count at least 10+ times I saw a chick kneel down in broad daylight in the beer garden, pop a squat staring at everyone with no shame, and piss right on grass and themselves. At night it was even worse. The girls worked in teams too, one held the beer and the girls hand so the least amount of dribble would be left on themselves.

DO NOT SIT ON THE FLOOR/GRASS NEAR ANY FENCE LINE FOR ANY REASON. IT WAS WET FOR A REASON. YIKES! I TOLD SO MANY PEOPLE TO WATCH OUT WHERE THEY WERE ABOUT TO SIT AND THEN 2 SECONDS LATER THE NEXT POOR BASTARD WAS SITTING IN IT...
    Last edited by JC2011; 04-21-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    NO!
    It will haunt you forever now.