Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

Quote Originally Posted by droop View Post

damn that girl to the right is pretty fine

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialAgentCranny View Post
    So me and my friend were trying to get in to the Bassnector set in the Sahara saturday night, and we had ingested certain substances of the fungal variety, which were beginning to take effect...So, he had turned the corner and I shit you no we have found ourselves in a group of at least 30 people dressed as Indians doing an intense choreographed tribal dance..It was honestly so bizarre at the time I was just like frozen, laughing my ass off...Apparently it can get real freaky in the back of the Sahara...
    OMFG... I was in the back during bassnectar for this. My friend and I were completely out of it and I turn to my right to see this white girl dressed in a purple Indian get up going ape shit to the music. At that moment I was thoroughly convinced that she was possessed by a demon because the house lights had went purple and he dress blended in so all I saw was white teeth and eyes dancing around crazily and I didn't know whether to laugh or start crying.

Girl Next to me on acid at Gorillaz- "There are no solids anymore! Everything has turned to Noodles!!!!!" hahahaha by far the funniest thing I heard all weekend
    Upcoming Concerts:
    16/1- Jagwar Ma @ The Hi-Fi, Melbourne, VIC
    21/1- Toro y Moi w/ Portugal. The Man @ The Hi-Fi, Melbourne, VIC
    22/1- Arcade Fire @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, VIC
    23/1- Grouplove + CSS @ The Hi-Fi, Melbourne, VIC
    18/4-20/4- Coachella Weekend 2

I saw Vinny Chase smoking a J as I was leaving the XX. We made eye contact which was a little gay, but in a seriously good way

it was sometime saturday in the sahara, during bassnectar i think and i saw jesus walking thru the crowd and my friend asked me who that was i just said, that was jesus dude! my friend looked up and saw jesus walking away and started cracking up
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by 303dubbin View Post
    it was sometime saturday in the sahara, during bassnectar i think and i saw jesus walking thru the crowd and my friend asked me who that was i just said, that was jesus dude! my friend looked up and saw jesus walking away and started cracking up
    I saw him too!

When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

YES!!!! i was crackin up so hard when i saw him
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Around the same time Jesus made the 2nd coming there was this guy and his air-mattress. I believe it was during Benny Benassi's set.

When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

Air mattress guy in action.

Quote Originally Posted by StegoDee View Post
    Did anyone who was camping in El Dorado 2 Sunday night after Gorillaz happen to pass by the drunken gaggle of fratboys who were passing a bottle of tequila, cripwalking very badly to Girl Talk, and screaming at every passing person: "Coachella, get your dick wet!" I loved how their girlfriends were all sitting down and quietly talking amongst themselves while they told people to "Get your blowjobs, man." I lost it though, when one of them turned to his buddy and said "Get your dick wet, dude", and his friend replies "Man, my dick's already so wet, bro..."
    hahaha yes! i was camped right beside those guys, facing the opposite lane. all weekend they were pretty low key, and then on sunday they couldn't stop screaming about getting your dick wet. hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialAgentCranny View Post
    So me and my friend were trying to get in to the Bassnector set in the Sahara saturday night, and we had ingested certain substances of the fungal variety, which were beginning to take effect...So, he had turned the corner and I shit you no we have found ourselves in a group of at least 30 people dressed as Indians doing an intense choreographed tribal dance..It was honestly so bizarre at the time I was just like frozen, laughing my ass off...Apparently it can get real freaky in the back of the Sahara...
    YES YES YES!!! They were AWESOME!

FOUR TET. HOT CHIP. SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO. BOOKA SHADE. LEE SCRATCH PERRY. BEACH HOUSE.

Richie Hawtin. James Blake. Loco Dice.

The drunken Aussie swan diving in the trash pile was a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daft View Post
    I SAW A GUY BELLY FLOP INTO SOME TRASHCANS SUNDAY NIGHT AFTER GORILLAZ!
    I wonder if we saw the same guy?
    Last edited by wstsidela; 10-09-2010 at 07:16 PM.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

So my friends and I are sitting by our car after on Sunday night. A drunken Aussie making a motion like he has a radar "pulling people over" as they were walking by Sunday night. He would stop groups and yell out "WE HAVE RULES!!!" It looked like he was roaming around filming with an old school movie camera. Then we realized he was giving people walking by speeding tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by StegoDee View Post
    Was anyone else there during Jay-Z's set, kind of towards the back of the crowd, when one of the security vehicles started driving through the crowd with its siren going and everyone formed a conga line behind it, chanting "Woop woop!" as they followed it - lol.
    this actually made me laugh . also cuz i was there
    INTENSE REALITY OF A DREAM

one of my friends dance'n at Bassface in camp , and started to do this wind mill dance , not knowing some girl behind him was closing in on him to dance , next thing i know his hand goes back and lands right on her tit . the look on his face was priceless ! she was cool about it , but he was freaked out , cuz he was trip'n hard , and the element of surprise just freaked him out i guess . i will never forget that look on his face ! i wish i had a pic of it .
    INTENSE REALITY OF A DREAM

Banned

I was in between the Sahara and mojave tent, and two Australians with crazy hair came up to me. One of them had a bag of white powder in their hand and they said "dip your finger in this mate!" The look on their faces was if they had just discovered the most magical drug ever, and they wanted everyone at Coachella to try it

a few awesome things -

one chick was TRIPPING FACE during bassnectar, just standing around and staring into the face of everyone around her as if they couldn't see her. it's like she was trying to see into everyone's soul. anyway she was fascinated by the most mundane shit and then best part, a guy dressed like Jesus, beard thorns robe and all spots her, walks up to her and she straight LOSES it. like mouth agape, speechless. she turns to her friend who is rocking out to the bass and in that moment Jesus ducks down and books it, while shes yelling "I JUST SAW JESUS OMIGOD I SAW JESUS "... her friend (who didn't seem to be tripping, just rolling) looks at her like she's crazy... it was incredibly funny and everyone around her is giving her looks like "i dont know what you're on about"... she's definitely gonna remember her personal encounter with Jesus for a while

sunday night after gorillaz we didn't want to stop partying so we were just walking around the campgrounds... came across this limbo party it was just the most random shit. there was this hot ass chick in a white dress doing limbo but she was wearing a HUGE bear head... another chick in what looked like a purple teletubby costume, a guy in a zebra fur jacket... just doing limbo over and over again while people in a circle were hooting and cheering them on

we got bored of that pretty quickly and luckily this guy was walking around leading a mobile dance party holding up an amp blasting electro house and going through the campgrounds with everyone following him yelling AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A COACHELLA PARTY CAUSE A COACHELLA PARTY DON'T STOP... the security busted him but that went on for a good 30 minutes

right before bassnectar this kid was definitely on multiple drugs bouncing in place furiously playing air guitar and yelling "YES THE BLACK KEYS ARE COMING THE BLACK FUCKING KEYS"... no one had the heart to tell him that was last year. would've loved to see his reaction when Lorin popped up on stage

the kid who kept saying "i'm from arizona... is phoenix from arizona? are they from AZ? i'm from arizona"

so many more that i can't remember... god i miss it
    Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    No, I don't think you understand just how much everyone wanted to leave, immediately. Imagine yourself at Stagecoach right now, and then imagine wanting to leave 10 times as badly.

I have it. I hold it close and have it everyday.

Lurker

"I feel like i was just fucked by bass."
    Pure Filth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    yeah the whole thing struck me as kind of a scumbag operation, honestly

"Fuck tomorrow we all have to work."
    random black dude as people exited the polo fields on sunday
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Quote Originally Posted by slurpee View Post
    Maybe it isn't a west coat thing? But at majority of the festivals I go to people are throwing glow sticks throughout the crowd the entire night. Some people call them glow stick wars.

If someone throws a glow stick at you, throw it back!

Some of you people are so up tight.....
    Nothing better than a phish glow stick war. Some decent explosions 12/31 and 12/31 ... were you there

Funniest thing i think i came upon this year was the sunday night cap grounds. We had a group a few tents down dancing in anEZ-up, under one of those spinning flashing balls. Every time it would start to spin and flash everyone in the tent (clearly tripping) would put their hands up and go WoooOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I heard this for a good hour.

Hmmm.. a couple to share (WARNING: may be offensive to many)

Some of us were sitting in our camp drinking and what not during sunset and I look over and see a guy in the walkway catcalling some girls. He basically says some stuff about them having nice tits and that they should come back to his tent. When they told him to toss off, he shrugged it off and said, "Yeah, well whatever. 2012 BOOM!" and gestured his hands up in an explosion. I don't know how it sounds here in writing but I was laughing my ass off at the time.

Another time this chick comes up and is chilling on the couch with us while we drink before we go in and she is there for quite a while. She's hanging out and going on about how she didn't get a bracelet and asking us to take ours off and slide it on her wrist and what not (yeah, right...). She's not bad overall but starts to get a little annoying. Anyways, I get pretty plowed after a bit and start in on the telling filthy jokes (you know, babies and what not) and she (after 3 or 4 of these mind you) proceeds to go off on this rant about how dead baby jokes are sick and she can't stand hearing them and we should tell jokes about dead raccoons or something instead. So I calmly listen to her finish and then start into the following joke:

"What's 12 inches long, purple, and makes a chick cry?"

"A SIDS raccoon!"

Hysterical laughing ensued and she got up and left. Good times....
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

Lurker

Just watching the bassists for Jet's Overhead during their entire set. He was just so happy.

Kind of a scrawny lone-wolf kid casually sauntered up to me Sunday night in the campground and asked, "You wouldn't happen to have any pharmaceutical drugs would you?" in a very proper way, I replied, "I have insulin if you want to go into a coma?" His face lit up when I said "I have" and then it was just disappointment from then on. He just walked away.

Turning around to have Hotshot following me. He'd move his head around and whistle when I looked at him.

People watching - behind the oragami I see a guy running around in circles and acting REAL random. He sees 3 guys playing frisbee and he wants to get involved....no big deal right....funny thing was he started acting like a dog. LOL
    He got on all fours in front of the guy with the frisbee and started barking....the guy was looking at him 'what's up with you' and tosses the frisbee to his bud. The guy goes on all fours...fast....to the other guy. They tossed the frisbee for a good 4-5 minutes while this guy did this dog routine.
    He finally snapped out of it...got up...and walked away like nothing took place.

Laughed my ass off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    People watching - behind the oragami I see a guy running around in circles and acting REAL random. He sees 3 guys playing frisbee and he wants to get involved....no big deal right....funny thing was he started acting like a dog. LOL
    He got on all fours in front of the guy with the frisbee and started barking....the guy was looking at him 'what's up with you' and tosses the frisbee to his bud. The guy goes on all fours...fast....to the other guy. They tossed the frisbee for a good 4-5 minutes while this guy did this dog routine.
    He finally snapped out of it...got up...and walked away like nothing took place.

Laughed my ass off!!!
    PS....this is the best thread of the entire forum.....glad people keep posting.

There is no shortage of 'crazy' and 'funny' things you'll see at Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post

Laughed my ass off!!!
    haha nice
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Quote Originally Posted by brematale111 View Post
    damn that girl to the right is pretty fine
    Great rack but too bad she doesn't have an upper lip.

lmao! Ive looked at that picture many times at the top of this page and never once noticed that upper lip. Nice observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Really? Y'all are that fucking fixated on an UPPER LIP???? Like she's got a cleft palate or something? Like you all wouldn't crawl on broken glass to get with her?? Seriously STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinon View Post
    Really? Y'all are that fucking fixated on an UPPER LIP???? Like she's got a cleft palate or something? Like you all wouldn't crawl on broken glass to get with her?? Seriously STFU.
    the man speaks the truth,
    the title of DSL's don't apply here but I will gladly take a hummer from a girl with that body with or without a cleft lip.
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...