Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

in the campsite, i woke up to someone singing a freecreditreport.com song

Quote Originally Posted by LameCake View Post
    Sorry for blurry picture, i think he was moving just too much, plus I didn't take it.
    i took video of his friend dancing, you can see the bald shirt guy on his right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtuK60gdOWY
    ]
    sitting through a Jack Johnson headliner with special guests counting crows, ben harper, and dave matthews with a midget sitting on my lap ....a retarded midget with drool driping down my leg as he claps to the curious george song as i hold his lolly pop, while MIA's dj blasts horn noises in my right ear while staring at a 3rd addition of the tesla coils while the group of guys with g strings fart in my left ear > Kanye West

old school

Quote Originally Posted by meowlouder View Post
    classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by meowlouder View Post
    Was that us?
    Always a sack of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulfikar View Post
    Was that us?
    YES!!

Hahaha! That's awesome. A part of me feels like I need to look up the lyrics to their songs and memorize them.
    Chuck Norris has the best poker face of all time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite having in his hand a Joker, a 6 of Clubs, a Get Out of Jail Free Monopoly Card, his drivers license, and a Green Uno Card.

Saw a total A-hole white guy walking around wearing an Arabic style headdress. Let me say it again, this was a white dude, and he's strolling around in an arab type head dress. Funny shit. White and black design- I would love to meet that guy. Probably gay though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GoodEarth View Post
    I would love to meet that guy. Probably gay though
    and?

gtfo of here you lowlife scum

In 07 a couple of friends an I quickly ran from RATM to check out Infected Mushroom. I was standing behind this guy that was probably around 6'3" and 350 pounds. Basically, big. He kept doing this repetitive dance and I got annoyed because 1 I couldn't see the stage 2 it was the same thing over and over again and I didn't want to look at him. I decided to copy him when I got every step of his repeating dance down, then my friends did the same thing. About 5 minutes later I look back to see about 50 people doing the exact same dance. All of us were behind the guy and he never even noticed us doing it. I left for rage before we stopped so I dno what ended up happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickjagger00 View Post
    thanks doc!!! are you armenian?
    me is
    Last edited by iammrcandyman; 01-25-2010 at 09:06 PM.

I'd like to see an entire field do 'The Bird'. The Morris Day one complete with the loud intermintent "gawk"s. Then they all take off and fly around.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Stefachink View Post
    Hahaha! That's awesome. A part of me feels like I need to look up the lyrics to their songs and memorize them.
    if you need to go look up the lyrics, you're missing the point..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

In '08, my friends and were in the Sahara up front close to the stage waiting for Hot Chip to come on. Some kids next to us had inflated a helium balloon that contained an enormous heady nug about the size of a golf-ball. Written all over the balloon was "WEED INSIDE" or something to that effect. They tossed it into the crowd and handed their camcorder to my friend (who is almost 7 ft tall) to record balloon drifting above the crowd. Eventually the weight of the weed became too much for the helium to handle and it disappeared into the crowd. I wonder if anyone ever found the weed or if it just ended up getting trampled. Let that be a lesson to all you ravers: there could be free drugs floating directly over your head and all you have to do is just look up and snatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    if you need to go look up the lyrics, you're missing the point..
    Haha yeah, well I've always wondered what the actual lyrics were anyway. It's pretty hard to capture what they're literally saying in the commercials since they sing so fast =/
    Chuck Norris has the best poker face of all time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite having in his hand a Joker, a 6 of Clubs, a Get Out of Jail Free Monopoly Card, his drivers license, and a Green Uno Card.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    In '08, my friends and were in the Sahara up front close to the stage waiting for Hot Chip to come on. Some kids next to us had inflated a helium balloon that contained an enormous heady nug about the size of a golf-ball. Written all over the balloon was "WEED INSIDE" or something to that effect. They tossed it into the crowd and handed their camcorder to my friend (who is almost 7 ft tall) to record balloon drifting above the crowd. Eventually the weight of the weed became too much for the helium to handle and it disappeared into the crowd. I wonder if anyone ever found the weed or if it just ended up getting trampled. Let that be a lesson to all you ravers: there could be free drugs floating directly over your head and all you have to do is just look up and snatch it.
    That would make my coachella if i found it

Talking Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

Quote Originally Posted by adeline3 View Post
    my neighbor and new aussie friend

SEXY!
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Quote Originally Posted by GoodEarth View Post
    Saw a total A-hole white guy walking around wearing an Arabic style headdress. Let me say it again, this was a white dude, and he's strolling around in an arab type head dress. Funny shit. White and black design- I would love to meet that guy. Probably gay though
    Didn't Kanye West make it cool for white people to wear those?
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

While walking back to our camping site at night last year:

Guy #1: "I WANT SOME PUSSY NOW!!" (really loud)
    Guy #2: "Yeah... like that ever really works." (sarcasm)

It was funny as heck at that time & in that state of mind.

before thom yorke, the crowd started getting pushy & people were crowdsurfing out & when some hairy dude with long middle parted hair was being crowdsurfed out & everyone started chanting "jesus, jesus, jesus"

LOL!

two sentences i heard uttered that made me lol:

at the camp site: "so...how drunk should i get before we go?" some bro
    walking to venue: "i don't get anything i ever say" some hippy full of lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )

This conversation. Overheard Saturday while trying to pick up my phone and charger from the charging station.

Girl 1:...No dad no! I mean... Dad, I'm in college! I just take ridalin so I can stay up and write papers all night. Everyone does it... No it doesn't make me a druggie! I have to write my papers dad, the ridalin as just easy to get and really helpful... Ok... love you to.

::Girl 1 closes her phone. Pauses, then looks to the right at Girl 2::

Girl 1: So.... Apparently you told your mom, who told my mom that you were worried about me, because of all the drugs I've been doing.

Girl 2: *blank face* What? I mean, Why would she do that?

Girl 1: Apparently, they drink together and they talk. But like, you could just talk to me, you don't have to go behind my back and talk to other people about it.

Girl 2: *now looking caught and uncomfortable* Yeah... Sure... I mean, I don't why she would do that though...

----

Funniest conversation I've ever happened on

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

front row at the xx

girl 1: so what kind of music is the xx?
    girl 2: ummmmm i think they're like pop...

...DIE

sunday night, packing up camp because shit is wrecked from the wind, gorillaz blaring in the background; a wild-eyed guy stoned on what was probably a LOT of hallucinogenics stumbles up to my girlfriend and said all of the following in what can only be described as slow-motion:

stoned guy (asking his girlfriend who's trying to drag him away): "are these people real?"
    my girlfriend: "yes we're real."
    stoned guy: (begins to walk into the canopy we're trying to take down)
    my girlfriend: "careful! we're trying to take this down."
    stoned guy: "are you guys just getting here?"
    my girlfriend: "no we're just trying to take this down, it fell over."
    stoned guy: "you guys are LEAVING?" (almost begins to cry, or something)
    my girlfriend: "not yet, don't worry"
    stoned guy: "okay...." (his girlfriend finally manages to drag him away)

saturday i'm standing in the middle of the main stage area looking at the schedule when suddenly i'm blind-sided on my left. a girl spins around me and as she's falling down says "oh...oh i'm sorry....excuse me..." and collapses face down on the field. my girlfriend goes to get a volunteer and that person then walks off to find the medics. 30 seconds pass and when we looked back at where the girl had fallen she was gone.

saturday night i go into one of the nice a/c bathroom by the outdoor and surprisingly its empty except for a girl who's straddled over one of the urinals with her skirt hiked up. after a brief pause i say "hi" and she smiles and says "hi". i remember that i actually needed to pee so i turn to the other urinal and go "i can't believe its taken almost 2 whole days for a girl to figure that out". she laughs and as she's leaving says "i know, don't tell them".

also on saturday during dirty south, i guess a guy had a seizure or some kind of reaction on the far side of the sahara against the rose garden fence. eventually he was carted off on a stretcher but not before they had called over like 10 event staff/police and finally had an ambulance pull up. as they were trying to lift him up he suddenly tensed up and the police had to force him to comply.

sunday early morning after seeing nosaj thing at the bassface event, i'm sitting near our car with my gf and talking/people watching. mid-sentence she stops talking and is just staring like over my shoulder. i turn to look and walking up the midway is a guy staring straight ahead, not blinking, and taking baby steps. like serious 'what about bob?' baby steps. he's got a large backpack on with a bed-roll on it and isn't blinking. he looked like he was slowly marching into hell or seeing something so amazing he was unable to comprehend it. i wonder if he finally made it to his campsite.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

This year had some winners:
    "Did you just see a piece of pizza go running by?"
    "yup"

"And then your best friend is dressed up as Rafiki?! How are you supposed to deal with that?!"

"I'm sorry, I'd like to have this conversation with you, but your face is changing colors" which was then changed into "I'm sorry, I'd like to have a serious conversation, but you have a checkerboard face"

4am Monday morning campgrounds: I have absinthe, shrooms and coke. Let's do this!"
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

we're waiting in the parking lot on saturday morning next to the chain link fence, by a part of it that had been nearly flattened almost to the ground from people sneaking in, this old skinny ass dude comes walking up to where we're sitting along the fence. We have seen a few other people hop the fence and make a break for it, but it's like 10 a.m. and thus there are no festival goers actually inside the polo grounds so it's a stupid idea to try and sneak in. So we have the following conversation trying to warn the guy:
    us: "Hey dude you should wait a few hours, the festival hasn't started yet today so there's no one in there, you'll look suspicious.."
    dude: "Can you go in through there???"
    us:"....Yeah dude but you should wait a while first."
    dude: "I'M GOING FOR IT"

He then proceeded to hop the fence and run straight into a fucking cactus as he looked over his shoulder and yelled "I DON'T NEED DRUGS, I AM DRUGS!!!"
    He stumbled a little after hitting the cactus and then took off running.
    I wonder what happened to that guy

I was amazed at how when people knew absolutely nothing about a band they would pretend they knew everything. Here are some of my favorites:

"I don't know, some shitty band that we have to sit through between Passion Pit and Vampire Weekend. Echo and the... I don't know." - Hipster douche bag.
    "Whoa, that Echo band is going to be huge." - Same douche bag.

"What is this slow soft shit? This band sounds like a 70s cover band I could probably take a nap." - Morons talking about Faith No More during the first song (which was a cover of the Peaches & Herb song "Reunited") - Ugly guy with enormous wart on the tip of his nose. When he started pushing toward the front I asked him what that thing on his nose was and informed him that I couldn't hear what he was saying past it.

"I can't wait for Little Red Dragon during The Gorillaaaazzz" - Red. Gorillazzzz.
    "I can't see Snoop on stage." - Same guy.

"PiL. It's the guy from the Ramones." - Yeah.

"Sunny Day Real Estate, a guy from the Foo Fighters started it after Dave Grohl left to start Them Crooked Vultures. I think they just released their first album." - No.

Very whitebread sorority style girl saying to her friends on Friday afternoon, "No, I don't want to take them til 9."

Oh, and everyone singing Biz Markie's Just A Friend in unison on the way out of the gate on Sunday night. Can we say random? Can we say amazing?

Some people on a hill Monday morning were taking pics and I walked by after taking a shower and they were asking everyone to dance and I tried to talk by unnoticed in my striped yellow shirt. I didnt want to dance so they forced a dance party on me which pretty much smelled like old assholes and liqour. Pretty funny experience. (I was "bumblebee" if you were one of the hoodlums that ran up on me)

while waiting in line to get in, i overhear this bro on the phone trying to pinpoint his coordinates for a meetup
    bro: "where are you? i'm standing where there's... dead grass."