Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1455

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Have you ever been dosed? Story, please. I'm relatively young, when it comes to drugs... more or less. I've never been dosed with acid. I've smoked a bowl two or three times that took me somewhere I, as a "pot head," didn't want to be. Do I feel angry at the agent? No. I'm the fool. Curse your company, if you must, but don't forget that you chose them. You take your doses, and you find appreciation in them. There's someone out there who'd have paid dearly for your trip. Have a beautiful time (once you realize you're having a time lol).
    Yeah, at a festival here in Maine some dude had a water gun and was shooting it at people all sneaky-like. He got me a little on the neck, and I knew what it had to be. An hour later i was feeling weird. It was a weak dose but i could def feel it. It's not a big deal for me, but what if you get someone who is there with their little kids, or who has never done it before and thinks they are going crazy? There are too many bad scenarios, and the chances of you ruining someone's night are high. The difference is when you smoked a bowl that was too much for you, it was your choice to smoke it. People running around dosing people think they're doing a public service but they could potentially be wreaking havoc. Especially at Coachella where there are so many inexperienced kids.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    How does your husband feel about this?
    It was innocent and spontaneous. No big deal.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    Yeah, at a festival here in Maine some dude had a water gun and was shooting it at people all sneaky-like. He got me a little on the neck, and I knew what it had to be. An hour later i was feeling weird. It was a weak dose but i could def feel it. It's not a big deal for me, but what if you get someone who is there with their little kids, or who has never done it before and thinks they are going crazy? There are too many bad scenarios, and the chances of you ruining someone's night are high. The difference is when you smoked a bowl that was too much for you, it was your choice to smoke it. People running around dosing people think they're doing a public service but they could potentially be wreaking havoc. Especially at Coachella where there are so many inexperienced kids.
    I agree with what you're saying, but those are the risks we all run. Music festivals draw druggies (grossblech). It is pretty sad that you have to worry about things like this, but it's what happens when you're exposed to so many people at once in a party-like atmosphere. I wouldn't bring my kids, but I do think it's a cool (if not slightly risky) place to have your children, if you're willing to hang around the back. I like to think that someone shooting lsd on people would be able to refrain from spraying a child, or anyone who seems like they wouldn't appreciate it, but...? That"...?" represents potential negative/ positive times. You're going to encounter a...? every time you leave your home. Live accordingly. Take risks, and make stories. At the end of the day, we all have cool scars to share =) (you'd have to be an asshole to dose someone. I'd be cool for a good dose, but I would still call the person who dosed me a fuck (with that wicked grin/glint that experience brings)

Nah, dosing someone without their explicit permission is just a shitty thing to do.

I wouldn't mind but that's not to say someone there on a completely different level would not mind. I have seen peeps wiggin out on pot, an unwitting acid dose would be hell for someone not anticipating it.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Or it could be a desert wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    Nah, dosing someone without their explicit permission is just a shitty thing to do.

I wouldn't mind but that's not to say someone there on a completely different level would not mind. I have seen peeps wiggin out on pot, an unwitting acid dose would be hell for someone not anticipating it.
    I agree. I would never want this to happen to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Seeing as how my friend that comes eveyr year is a preschool administrator, getting dosed with LSD and then getting youtubed would be career suicide. She also gets randomly drug tested, so it's just all around not cool. There are plenty of people that want it they should share with.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I have had a few extremely bad trips - if I even thought I had been dosed against my will i would start freaking the absolute fuck out. I know I wouldn't be able to handle myself.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Does her drug test also include a spinal tap? I think thats the only way you can actually detect if someone has taken acid before.

My cousin and I were taking a break during the Justice show, during weekend 2 last year and we noticed some people lighting up some flying laterns. Two of them went straight up, but the third started going horizontally and we noticed it was heading straight too this guy that was walking and texting. A bunch of people including myself were yelling at the guy to look up (all this was happening in slow motion), but his faith was set, the lantern hit him right smack in the face. He was okay, but he looked embarrassed. Funniest moment of the weekend for me

Oooooooh, flying lanterns sound like a great idea. No joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionComics View Post
    Does her drug test also include a spinal tap? I think thats the only way you can actually detect if someone has taken acid before.
    Nah, but I can imagine some f*cktard video taping someone having a bad trip and it going viral.

^^^

one of my friends that saw Justice in the back during weekend 1 said some guy had a dolphin, sitting with some friends. he got up and told them that he was gonna go to the front I guess. well he took his dolphin and started shoving it in peoples asses trying to get thru and like 5 minutes later the dude goes back to his friends saying "they took my dolphin! " then they all watched it go around in the crowd. I thought this was funny when my friend told me.

Lurker

"Getting dosed via spray bottle!!1!" is the new version of "Some dude gave me a joint and it was LACED!!1!"

If it happened as often as people claim, we'd be living in a sea of LSD, un-laced weed would be impossible to find, and druggies everywhere would have to have unheard of amounts of disposable income in order to just give away mass quantities of drugs to unsuspecting strangers.

But drug newbs constantly swear it happened to THEM.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I agree. I would never want this to happen to me.
    i worked at an upscale casual chain in chicago. i used to buy acid dipped onto altoids. i always fantasized about leaving one altoid in a tin and then getting something to eat to watch the show.

i never did it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Late one evening hear some people talking, "Is the silent dance party still going on? I think I hear it."

Quote Originally Posted by xmichaelyx View Post
    "Getting dosed via spray bottle!!1!" is the new version of "Some dude gave me a joint and it was LACED!!1!"

If it happened as often as people claim, we'd be living in a sea of LSD, un-laced weed would be impossible to find, and druggies everywhere would have to have unheard of amounts of disposable income in order to just give away mass quantities of drugs to unsuspecting strangers.

But drug newbs constantly swear it happened to THEM.
    I got dosed with GHB at a bar once. Got super dizzy and just thought I drank/smoked way too much, but this was like being 5x drunk. Thank god I wasn't driving.
    I didn't know what happened until months later when I heard a couple of guys had been dropping it in various people's beers.

No disrespect, crime scene, are you a girl?

Nope, I'm a gay dude. Happened at a gay bar in the 90s.

That sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    I got dosed with GHB at a bar once. Got super dizzy and just thought I drank/smoked way too much, but this was like being 5x drunk. Thank god I wasn't driving.
    I didn't know what happened until months later when I heard a couple of guys had been dropping it in various people's beers.
    This happened to a girlfriend of mine in the 90s as well. She had one wine and then suddenly was sick all night, couldn't even stand. Her boyfriend and me held her head over the toilet all night. It was scary.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Man I wish somebody would pour some GHB in my drinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

You and me both.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by ActionComics View Post
    It's water soluble and super small amount so you piss it all out completely in 12 hours or so. Spinal tap comment is also an established urban myth.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

While I was leaving the Main stage at the end of Nick Cave:

"This is the worst piece of shit I've ever heard! Can't believe I sat through this just for the Peppers"

and just a second later from a different guy:

"This was the most amazing set ever I've ever heard!"
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

sunday night either at the gobi or mojave bathrooms they were shutting down part of one side of the mens to pump out the waste. some dude was trying to go into one "real quick" to pee when the young woman working with the crew told him they were closed. instead of just going to the other side where there were hardly any lines longer than 2-3 people anyway, the guy LOSES HIS SHIT and starts getting into some big philosophical argument about what they are doing is wrong and he should be allowed to go in because by the time he's done they still wont be cleaning that toilet.

staff was professional until the guy started swearing/insulting the girl. then some black dude on staff came over and basically stepped up and told him to fuck off. you could tell he'd take the guy on in a heartbeat if given the chance and he probably would have deserved it. i'm still a little mad at myself for not telling the pee guy that they are right and to calm the fuck down because that girl did not deserve to be treated like that and pretty much all the guys around me felt the same. she is working all day in the hot dusty sun pumping human waste from toilets. the last thing she needs is more shit from this guy.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

just remembered another one. early this morning just before sunrise i went on a final walk through various camp sites by myself, just taking it all in. as i was making my way through lot 7 i wandered by a guy and a girl on a couch, screaming along to some song that i couldnt identify but it sounded very MCR or the used or something along those lines. pretty sure they were completely trashed as they were rocking the fuck out and never noticed me. very amusing to see but that must have been hell for at least half of lot 7 because holy shit they were loud. somehow though it felt strangely appropriate amidst all the trash and ez-up skeletons
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    she is working all day in the hot dusty sun pumping human waste from toilets. the last thing she needs is more shit from this guy.
    ICWYDT

Logan, James and I had just walked into the Yuma tent in the afternoon to meet Drew and Nathan. We were at the entrance looking for them and some guy with sunglasses on walked in and started walking one way while looking another and trips over this riser. He did a full tumbling flip over it an ended up on the other side on the floor and the got up like nothing had happened. it was pretty funny.