Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

I stood behind a man in the Sahara during Chemical Brothers who was about 7 feet tall. Even the waistband on his underwear was taller than the average waistband. I wish I had taken a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    "im not sticking around for some wannabe tom waits!" - some girl pushing by us trying to leave the crowd at leonard cohen as fast as possible
    wow. just wow.

Hahaha, this was my story, although I couldn't remember which act it was during.

Yeah, he fucking faceplanted, just like that. Everyone got the FUCK out of the way when he jumped.

Also, this chick was acting stupid during Blitzen Trapper on her BF's shoulders. He went to put her down, I looked away, and then heard this HUGE THUD (and that's saying something, as BT was loud as fuck) and she had fucking fallen off his shoulders and faceplanted so gooddamn hard. He was trying to omfort her, it was clearly an accident, but she was RIPPED, like hitting him and stuff. DRAMZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaw-naw-thin View Post
    Groove Armada was playing in the Sahara.

I was in the front row next to that fence.

Some kid hops the fence runs past security and climbs on stage and
    dances around for a few seconds.

Before security could catch him he dives back into the crows (swan dive style)

I assume he was hoping people would catch him and he would crowd suft away from security.

No one caught him.

Ouch, I thought.
    Walking a narrow ledge between reassurance and realism since 1978...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
    I tried getting a picture of this
    didn't turn out
    that wouldve paid you handsomely to the tabloids probably.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

If anyone saw my friend drop to his knees, then face plant while getting ready to pose for a picture, please post your recollection of the event here.

i think it was during, or right before MACAs set.

kthnx
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

well i didnt really see it but it happened to me
    i was at the front of the crystal method and the guy next to me was rolling on E. We still had like 20 minutes before they came on and they started to test the fog machine, then i started to feel water on my feet, 2 seconds later 2 guys away from me tell the kid standing next to me to stop peeing and put away his junk. i then realized i got peed on
    FML

Quote Originally Posted by cansei de ser sexme View Post

Also I saw someone who looked like they were making out with an apple. then I look close and they took the stem out and made a bong out of an apple. It was sick. I dont know how common this is but i lold.
    you have to be kidding
    as predicted by nostradamus

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Bicycle View Post
    I stood behind a man in the Sahara during Chemical Brothers who was about 7 feet tall. Even the waistband on his underwear was taller than the average waistband. I wish I had taken a picture.
    was this a white guy with no shirt on towards the left side of the tent? when i was making my way out halfway through their set i walked behind him with my group and i had to stop, turn around and just look at the guy. i mean there are tall people out there but damn, this guy was tall!

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

During Paul some surly but funny kids behind us:
    - Paul was telling a story of his life as a young man in Liverpool and they start saying ,"We've heard this one already". In response to Paul saying he has a new album ,"We hate new albums".

- While people watching, sitting in traffic coming in we saw a cute girl that was a spitting image of a 'chubby Phoebe Cates', which became part of a game, make up band names for 1:00 Gobi

-Random girl grabing my face and 'frisking' me as she pulls out a map and starts asking me about set times

-My buddy getting high, looking through a pair of Kaledescope glasses we had and giggling for 30 min straight during Ghostland

- A guy with a message 'My Bloody Fucking Valentine' scrolling on his IPOD he kept holding up during MBV, really nice guy, after telling me he's on the message boards he got sad, clammed up and said people didn't like him cause of what he said about Prince.

-Aussies with an inflatable Kangaroo
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

the conversation between the fleet foxes' drummer and some people up front, he said some stuff about beer and that "i love you" was not an appropiate response..

cute australian girl in blue diving through the crowd, showing her t's during bloody beetroots.

I saw a guy in a banana suit running through the crowd in the Sahara

"that's what happens when you piss in my asshole..."
    - overheard from the next camping group over, early evening on thursday, while we smoked the first camping group bowl of the weekend...

"No Automatic Weapons... No Swords... No Peyote Buttons... No Glass..."
    -reentry guard on thursday, shortly before another guard brings him a hatchet someone had brought...

billy & i seeing Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus walking around bored and ignored during Noah & the Whale...

getting very groped by a very drunk middle-aged cowgirl at Stagecoach as she stumbled by...

Girl Talk's literal 'buzzkill'

the size of the crowd during Throbbing Gristle...

the dude who ran up to us at the cubetron sweaty & screaming about what he had just witnessed at MBV... we both agreed that we heard weird sounds & beats inside the noise... i wondered if he was on the same thing i was...

Amanda fucking Palmer crowd surfing from the stage to the sound booth only to play Radiohead's "Creep" on the ukelele...

the streaker on Sunday night who started in section A and from the screams in the distance, made it really far...
    Last edited by nbvwes; 05-22-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aclockworkapple View Post
    Was he wearing a shirt that said "Had Enough? Vote Obama/Biden Nov 4th"?

That may have been me.
    then i saw you... hilarious! i remember standing there and seeing you and saying 'ah... someone else gets it' while mostly everyone else was standing there like 'what the fuck is going on right now?'

--------------------------------------------------------------
    THOU SHALT NOT PISS IN THE SAHARA!!!!
    Last edited by nbvwes; 05-02-2009 at 03:05 AM.

Lurker

An angry Mexican dude yelled to Robert Smith, "Tocca los viejos cabron!" which roughly translates to, "Play the old songs, fucker!"

I was in the med-tent for a debilitating nosebleed when the cops came in with a guy tripping balls on acid. They were asking him a bunch of questions and he was completely unaware of most of it.

They asked him: "Are you on any medications?"
    he replied: LSD!

It was awesome.

I separated from my friends to watch Jenny Lewis. They wanted to watch the Chemical Bros. Anyway, I was sitting near the Outdoor Theatre, waiting for Jenny to start. A couple was standing over me talking. The guy says "So you want to just stay here?". She replies "No. This is chick music." Made me feel good. Thanks cunt.
    Last edited by iloveorangejuice; 05-15-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Lurker

the kid from home alone 3 and max keeble's big move.
    saw him during booker t. i didn't know if it was him at first because he's about 20-ish now but i asked politely if he had been in home alone 3, to which he replied "yes"

-On saturday, my camping group and myself headed out to the parking lot at about Noon or 1ish and promptly drank everything in sight. I shotgunned many PBR's and downed about 3 jello shots which we bought from a couple of strange dudes in the parking lot. (More on them later) I got nice and drunk. We head back to the tents and I decide to drink some sort of crown royal concoction. I was feeling pretty damn good. We all agree that its time to head into the festival. On the way I decided to stop off and piss in between some tents. This is where it starts to get real fuzzy. I dont remember anything after that besides a little bit of walking in between the palm trees at the entrance. Next thing I know Im waking up in my buddies tent, halfway in and halfway out. Its dark now and I had a horrible headache and was very confused and still somewhat drunk. I couldnt see straight and fumbled around in the dark with my tent zipper for a good 15 minutes. Finally got it open, was hoping to find some Advil. Remembered that I had left it in my truck in the parking lot. Figured I was screwed and tried to sleep it off. What I failed to remember was that I had some Aleve in my shaving kit. FAIL. Come to find out next morning from my friends that I was having a good time, laying in the sun with one hand in the air keeping beat with Spearhead at the main stage. I got drug by my foot while I was passed out and somebody clapped my hands for me. I regret not getting to enjoy the Sahara on Saturday night but thats a great war story for me.

-the creepy dudes in the camping parking lot selling Jello Shots. One was wearing a Dave Mathews Band shirt. The other must have been a product of incest, and he had what can only be described as splinters of teeth left in his mouth. Meth is a helluva drug.

-quotes from the weekend.
    -"theres puke in my mouth and its not mine."

- the gay guys staying across from us saying "Butt Sex!"

-guy 1 "i was at *buraka som sistema* and they had the crowd....
    guy 2 "who?"
    guy 1 "uhh buraka som sistema"
    guy 2 "bless you"
    guy 1 "wow, way to whip that out way to late"

-"Thom Yorke at the Gobi, 8 oClock"

-The absolutely medicinal Arnold Palmer from the Spicy Pie stand in the campground.

-The baggy full of pure molly

-The hash krispies

-LEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

-The guy in the campground yelling "Fuuck Paul McCartneeyyyyyy!"
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '09 '11 '12(2) '14(1)

Quote Originally Posted by s0nn3 View Post
    -On saturday, my camping group and myself headed out to the parking lot at about Noon or 1ish and promptly drank everything in sight. I shotgunned many PBR's and downed about 3 jello shots which we bought from a couple of strange dudes in the parking lot. (More on them later) I got nice and drunk. We head back to the tents and I decide to drink some sort of crown royal concoction.
    umm, overkill? why would you drink that much at that time of the day? so not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by schmuee13 View Post
    well i didnt really see it but it happened to me
    i was at the front of the crystal method and the guy next to me was rolling on E. We still had like 20 minutes before they came on and they started to test the fog machine, then i started to feel water on my feet, 2 seconds later 2 guys away from me tell the kid standing next to me to stop peeing and put away his junk. i then realized i got peed on
    FML
    Shit, I was right there. Were you the guy right in front with your girl/wife/sister/whatever that was about 10 seconds away from kicking his ass? Or just some other dude that got R Kelly'd?

Those fuckers were annoying as shit. Especially the fat friend who kept talking about how "chill" I was because I didn't yell at him to shut the fuck up, but explained that if "nothing happened" like he said, he'd have no reason to be incessantly babbling about WHAMBULANCES and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    umm, overkill? why would you drink that much at that time of the day? so not worth it.
    Yes.... and thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious.

During vacation with friends, there are a lot of funny things we saw.That was very funny and we really enjoy our vacation. you should go for vacation very often to relax.

-While dancing up a storm, front and center during the bloody beetroots, I saw greenman crowd surf right up to where I was. I then started to help him back up while screaming "get this fucker on stage!!!"

Sadly he didn't get up there. But later he said that he had crowd surfed all around the sahara and had a crazy time.

-after separating from my friends on friday to see girl talk and the presets, I went to catch the second half of macca's set. Sitting by myself listening was awesome but then I randomly ran into one of my friends. Out of sooo many people! They lead me back to our group of friends and we got there right as fireworks went off it was amazing haha

-On saturday, my camping group and myself headed out to the parking lot at about Noon or 1ish and promptly drank everything in sight. I shotgunned many PBR's and downed about 3 jello shots which we bought from a couple of strange dudes in the parking lot. (More on them later) I got nice and drunk. We head back to the tents and I decide to drink some sort of crown royal concoction. I was feeling pretty damn good. We all agree that its time to head into the festival. On the way I decided to stop off and piss in between some tents. This is where it starts to get real fuzzy. I dont remember anything after that besides a little bit of walking in between the palm trees at the entrance. Next thing I know Im waking up in my buddies tent, halfway in and halfway out. Its dark now and I had a horrible headache and was very confused and still somewhat drunk. I couldnt see straight and fumbled around in the dark with my tent zipper for a good 15 minutes. Finally got it open, was hoping to find some Advil. Remembered that I had left it in my truck in the parking lot. Figured I was screwed and tried to sleep it off. What I failed to remember was that I had some Aleve in my shaving kit. FAIL. Come to find out next morning from my friends that I was having a good time, laying in the sun with one hand in the air keeping beat with Spearhead at the main stage. I got drug by my foot while I was passed out and somebody clapped my hands for me. I regret not getting to enjoy the Sahara on Saturday night but thats a great war story for me.
    Good job idiot you deserve not remembering the fun you were having, why?....... If I ever saw anyone pissing on my tent or next to me in a crowd you'd regret being you at that moment.

EDIT: ohhh i didn't notice your from Bakersfield, it makes more sense now.
    Last edited by ADGZ662; 05-20-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ADGZ662 View Post
    Good job idiot you deserve not remembering the fun you were having, why?....... If I ever saw anyone pissing on my tent or next to me in a crowd you'd regret being you at that moment.

EDIT: ohhh i didn't notice your from Bakersfield, it makes more sense now..
    No.. No I wouldnt regret being me, if youre the type of clown who would try and fight somebody at Coachella, then you are the type of person that nobody wants at Coachella. Somebody pissing in a crowd at Coachella is much more acceptable then starting a fight, are you some kinda "BRO" or what? LMAO.. Go be an e-thug elsewhere, youre a joke.

In addition, I didnt piss ON a tent you dolt. ARE YOU ILLITERATE ?!?! Try sounding it out... "..in between some tents.." Im not a dick so try again there little guy. Oh and well done on the Bakersfield comment, you can stereotype and cast aspersions, BRAVO!........twit.

Actually, I'm pretty sure pissing in a crowd where a good percentage of the people walk barefoot and/or with minimal foot coverage and someone starting a fight are both on somewhat level playing fields. Both are asshole moves. No one wants either of these types there.

Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure pissing in a crowd where a good percentage of the people walk barefoot and/or with minimal foot coverage and someone starting a fight are both on somewhat level playing fields. Both are asshole moves. No one wants either of these types there.

Seriously.
    Maybe getting this for coachella 10 will even the playing field.

You are fucking retarded, what's wrong with y . . . oh wait, you're from Bakersfield, nevermind. I know you live in the shit middle of nowhere, but that's no excuse to piss in between the tents where people sleep. Please get killed before next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

No.. No I wouldnt regret being me, if youre the type of clown who would try and fight somebody at Coachella, then you are the type of person that nobody wants at Coachella. Somebody pissing in a crowd at Coachella is much more acceptable then starting a fight, are you some kinda "BRO" or what? LMAO.. Go be an e-thug elsewhere, youre a joke.

In addition, I didnt piss ON a tent you dolt. ARE YOU ILLITERATE ?!?! Try sounding it out... "..in between some tents.." Im not a dick so try again there little guy. Oh and well done on the Bakersfield comment, you can stereotype and cast aspersions, BRAVO!........twit.
    E-thug WTF!!! nonono you got me all wrong, what I said is justified, now I know a festival the size of Coachella there is bound to be some pissing going on, vomiting, and so on but if you piss okay go off to an area where there isn't much people or in a bottle, but not on a fucking tent or in between a tent thats not even yours what the fuck is that shit idiot let me go piss around you fucker, you sound like the "bro" type bro. Im just about having the greatest time ever at the fest as I do every year, never have no problems. If I saw you or someone doing that id get pissed most likely call person out on it and either a) piss back on them or b) spit on person then id just take it from there and see what happens.