Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

Banned

Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

here is another bottom line for some of you as i have worked security before and i did for around..

when the show is over, its over!! u r directed to leave the area as u r now trespassing. what those fucking idiots were doing is called destruction of property and you are subject to any restraint seemed fit without warning. a warning is a courtesy anyone can give if they want. but they can use force if it warrants it. i feel bad for anyone that got sprayed that didnt deserve it, but most of them in there did! so guilty by association is how i see it...

thats just reality but more than likely some shithead will file a lawsuit and now starting next year they will block off the sculptures and designs and fuck up that part of coachella. and also i can guarantee you they will shorten coachella to a strict 12am curfew and cut the lights and everything... so to all of you that felt like acting a fool. thanks for fucking it up for everyone else! assholes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Man, so now that I finally bothered to read the thread, I saw this happening (though didn't see people getting maced specifically -- I think they were on the opposite side of the shrine as I was).

All I can say is that I don't think any reasonable person would have thought they were NOT going to get hassled about what they were doing. They knew it was a bad idea. They crowded a ton of people inside the interior of the shrine, and were stomping, jumping up and down, hitting the walls, etc, anything to make noise. From the outside, the whole thing was shaking and it definitely looked like it would be damaged in the process. It might have been find if a couple of people were doing it, but there were a LOT of people for that tiny structure.

As formerly an artist and someone who has friends who built art for festivals, I was really put off. What you were doing was not cool. It was incredibly disrespectful to the person who spent months of their life building something for your VISUAL enjoyment.

I am not glad you got maced, but you're a bunch of asses who might want to reconsider your bright ideas before you rush into them next time.
    Just so you know, the persons that built that piece of art were artists Shrine and TukTuk. These guys built a temple, Basura Sagrada(Sacred Trash) that was over 50 times larger than the one seen at Coachella. What did they do with that temple? Burned it in front of 30000 people. I can't speak for them, as you shouldn't, but i don't think that they mind if their pieces are destroyed, do you?
    No one cares what shows you've seen, are currently seeing or are going to see!!!!!

Yep Subbass, Slippery slope they are on …. I would have been all over this years ago but I have finally decided that if I leave “them” alone they tend to leave me alone …. I must say to the people that want to go forward on this: couldn’t you just leave GV out of it and deal directly with the Indio police, ACLU, and the city? Just wondering out loud ….and if not, just pack right for coachella ……. Cr****

Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Changoloco View Post
    Just so you know, the persons that built that piece of art were artists Shrine and TukTuk. These guys built a temple, Basura Sagrada(Sacred Trash) that was over 50 times larger than the one seen at Coachella. What did they do with that temple? Burned it in front of 30000 people. I can't speak for them, as you shouldn't, but i don't think that they mind if their pieces are destroyed, do you?

Basura sagrada was from burning man, and that is an entirely different situation where art is designed to be burned. It's almost like you're trying to say that because they designed a piece of art for burningman to be intentionally destroyed as part of the nature of the event, they are welcoming people to damage or destroy their other art installations outside of burning man? Please don't be stupid. I wasn't trying to speak for this artist. I said (generally) I don't think the artists who exhibit at Coachella expect purposeful damage (ie, vandalism). You seem to be trying to speak for them when you compare burning man art burns to other situations.

since i brought up Burning man, i did read an article about last year and i guess the day before or somewhat earlier, they set the big display on fire and it is suppose to go the last night .... the artist were pissed .... so even if it was meant to be destroyed, there is a time and place for destruction .... cr****

Update:
    A witness who saw me as I was being maced identified the officer who maced me as having a Banning Police Department embroidered badge on the arm of his uniform. If you were maced by an officer but were unable to see which department they belonged to, you should file a complaint with both the Indio Police Department and the Banning Police Department. Here is the contact information for the Banning Police Department.

321 W. Ramsey, Banning, CA 92220
    banningpolice@ci.banning.ca.us
    951-922-3170

In this video you can see the officers arm badges (3:05 to 3:10). Some are Indio Police and some are Banning Police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsjaSgD8xl0

Here are what each of the badges look like:

http://www.indiopd.org/images/ipd-patch-cc.jpg

http://www.banningpolice.org/images/patch.JPG

Banning Police Department Policy and Procedures:
    http://www.banningpolice.org/policy.pdf

The section on oleoresin capsicum spray is on pages 50 - 53 and states:

"308.4 CHEMICAL AGENTS SPRAY GUIDELINES
    Only authorized personnel may possess and maintain department issued oleoresin capsicum spray. Chemical agents are weapons used to minimize the potential for injury to
    officers, offenders, or other persons. They should be used only in situations where such
    force reasonably appears justified and necessary."

"308.4.4 TREATMENT FOR OC SPRAY EXPOSURE
    Persons who have been affected by the use of chemical agents should be promptly
    provided with the proper solution to cleanse the affected areas. Those persons who
    complain of further severe effects shall be afforded a medical examination by competent
    medical personnel.
    308.4.5 REPORT OF USE
    All uses of chemical agents shall be documented in the related arrest/crime report."

Section on filing a complaint is on pages 431-437 and states:

"1020.2.3 ACCEPTANCE OF COMPLAINTS
    A complaint may be filed in person, in writing, or by telephoning the Department."

"They should be used only in situations where such
    force reasonably appears justified and necessary."

that is pretty black and white good luck

but I must say, my kids where so unpolitical after me being joe demo, but to each their own .. i love it, no matter what the side, to see people get involved (well cept people who like palin cr****

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain

How stoned are you in this picture?

Ron, I believe it. My dad used to get really upset with us for being uninterested in politics/issues. He was a pol sci/history major from the UC system, Berkeley hippie, draft dodger type, and I'm not sure he'd like the politically disaffected self-interested yuppie type person I've become, but it's my life...

I will never forget him literally dragging me to vote when I was 17 - in our area you could vote in local special elections if you would be 18 by general elections. I kept asking why I "have to" vote, boy was he frustrated with me.

lol...Ron...I love the reminders from time to time how much you rock...the gas mask pic is one such reminder. lol

My dad is right-wing socially (total opposite of me), but yet consistently asks me how to vote on state propositions because he knows so many will effect me as a teacher. Pretty cool in that little way if you ask me. His dad was a Reagan Republican, to the point where he kept an autographed photo of Reagan on his dining room wall. A virulent racist too. He must be spinning in his grave knowing I married a Black woman and have a mixed-race daughter. lol
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

why don't you file a lawsuit? if this is true, it's obvious battery.

Why would you encourage that? Lawsuits tend to fuck up good things in life.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

You must be the type of teacher that touches students.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    You must be the type of teacher that touches students.
    You must be the type of loser that touches swine where the sun don't shine.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Ooh, good one, swine even rhymes with shine! Extra points for you. No lawsuits for touching pig dick though, right?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

i don't encourage a lawsuit. but if this is true (which i don't necessarily believe it is), then this is exactly the kind of action that lawsuits are for.

as for lawsuits "fucking up the good things in life," if being pepper sprayed "for no reason" (again, i don't believe this is what happened) is one of the "good things in life," then they should be fucked up.

my point is this: if it's true, do something about it.
    Last edited by BillyCrystal; 05-01-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Ooh, good one, swine even rhymes with shine! Extra points for you. No lawsuits for touching pig dick though, right?

The only way I touch my students is through the education I provide them.

But let's explore your admission of touching pig dick...

How long have you been into touching pig dick? Did you happen to touch a lot of pig dick on an industrial pig farm near Veracruz, Mexico within the past 2 years? After touching pig dick, did you wash your hands with soap & hot water for at least 20 seconds? I think you may be able to provide some answers as to the mutation of the swine flu. Perhaps you were the cross-over host.