Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 107

Thread: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

  1. #31
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    What the hell are you on?

    *NO, I didn't feel, hear, see, taste, or smell a cop anywhere around me.

    *I have 'moved on with my life' .....wtf?

    There were people yelling all around me, I don't have fuckin' sonar....

    Trust me, I learned a few things about the Indio police department..haha

    I did nothing illegal or immoral, I turned my back around and got maced. So naturally when a jackass like you comes along on his high horse and thinks he knows everything about everything, I'm going to fill you in on the reality of the situation. Life is too short to spend in an internet combat, but I wanted to let people know what the truth of the matter is. I'm not asking you to feel sorry for me, or anyone for that matter. Fuck that. Just be aware that people were maced with no warning at coachella '09.

    I don't care how many years you spent getting shot with rubber bullets, getting your pathetic ass tear gas'd, or sucking your neighbors dick dry. I could care less about information that is wholly irrelevant to the events that took place.

    And just in case you still didn't process this through your thick skull;

    I DIDN'T HEAR OR SEE ANY POLICE OR SECURITY AROUND ME. I WAS NOT WARNED.

    -Delta
    Cpt.Funkaho -

    I think this really is THE Delta. No one else is that pre-occupied with the idea of guys sucking dick.

    Delta -

    It doesn't really matter to me what you say about your actions. I know that the truth of the matter probably is somewhere between your version of the story and the police version of the story. You'll never admit to any stupidity in the matter, and there's no video, so whatever.

    All I know is that in all of my years of protesting, partying, etc. I have NEVER ONCE seen a cop pepper spray people for no reason, especially if they were following orders to disperse. What I HAVE seen is people trying to antagonize the police and get that sort of treatment.

    Did ya let slip with a "fuck the police?"

    Did you call 'em "pigs" and then try to scurry away?

    All I'm saying is there had to be a reason your stupid ass got sprayed. Should you get sprayed for saying something dumb to a cop? Of course not, but take the right (wrong) situation and add that fuel to the fire, and don't act surprised if it happens.

    Sexecutioner -

    a). "Peacefully" celebrating by tearing off pieces of someone's artwork and climbing on it? Need I remind you of part of the description of the artwork from the schedule booklet?
    ...Spears family supershrine created out of re-used materials, trash, and over twenty years worth of drawings and paintings.
    (emphasis is mine)

    Sorry, but fuck these disrespectful fools. Let me make a beat on their life's work...shit...let me do that to someone's piece of shit CAR even. Let me climb on it and bang on it...let me rip a few pieces off and use 'em as drum sticks...then tell the cops when they show up that I'm just having fun and being "peaceful." Would you defend my actions?

    b). You do realize that there were a shitload of people...a shitload more idiots than cops right? I seriously think you'd be singing a different tune if you were in the minority during the situation. I'm all for going after cops when they're corrupt, unjust, or violent without cause, but I also will stand up for their right to do what they have to do to get their job done and come home to their families in one piece at the end of the night. You seem to think that a small handful of cops should have individually grabbed and moved how many people? Be realistic.

    c). Of course everyone says they were sprayed while walking away. They're not going to come on here asking for sympathy by saying they were being assholes. Usually in things like this, each side pushes their version of the truth, but no one is telling 100% truth. It's usually somewhere in between the two stories.

    Not once in my experience have I ever seen a cop pepper-spray someone who was walking away peacefully though. Probably because they usually get nailed with some of the pepper-spray too (overspray, splash-back, etc)!

    d). I've said before that I wasn't there, but keep ignoring it. I'm just using what's called COMMON SENSE. Maybe you've heard of it. Like Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense, then it's probably not true." Does it really make sense that the cops would just run into the spot without warning and pepper-spray everyone? Of course it doesn't. But you'd like to believe it happened, so enjoy your little alternate reality.

    I personally would LOVE to see video that proves me wrong. If I saw evidence of someone getting sprayed who had done nothing wrong I'd gladly back up that version of the story (not like a 10 second video that starts out like a second before they were sprayed, but one that showed what they were doing leading up to the spraying as well), but it's such an UNLIKELY and BIZARRE scenario that until i see evidence, I'm going to side with what life experience and reality have shown me...you know...the common sense version of the story.

    Moral of the story:
    If you're the type of person who bangs on, destroys, or climbs on someone's artwork that they've been working on for 20+ years, dont expect me to believe you're not a total asshole, or to believe everything you tell me.

    The end.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  2. #32

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Subbass,

    Why would you waste so much time arguing your point when you weren't even there, or remotely involved in the situation? You can't possibly think that without being there you know exactly what happened there can you?

    If I heard someone say "move or I'm going to pepper spray you" I would run for the fuckin hills! lol...you may think I'm an idiot or an asshole, but even a 6 year old would get the fuck out of there if someone threatened that shit!!!! jesus man! get with it!!!!!

    WHY DOESN'T THIS POLICE DEPARTMENT HAVE A LOUD SPEAKER?

    That would solve the situation perfectly.

  3. #33
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    I don't think it's old Delta. Delta applied to be a cop, I can't imagine him badmouthing them now.

  4. #34
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Nah...he would if it served his purpose at the moment...

    Delta - I can argue it because I feel like arguing it. I have seen video footage of the asshat factory going to town on the shrine, and as a long-time Coachella goer, I HATE how that makes us look. A handful of dickheads made us all look like we had no class. Now some of those same dickheads are whining about their treatment by the police. That makes us look even worse. I have invested 10 years and thousands of dollars in going to Coachella, and have every right to voice my opinion. You just don't like it because I have a point...otherwise I have a feeling you'd STFU and ignore what I have to say...not tell me I have no right to say it.

    But please...find me video of EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

    Change my mind.

    I'd honestly love it if you could.

    I'd be the first to admit that I was wrong if you found video evidence.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  5. #35

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I don't think it's old Delta. Delta applied to be a cop, I can't imagine him badmouthing them now.
    no peoples, I am not the Delta you are thinking of O.o

  6. #36

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Nah...he would if it served his purpose at the moment...

    Delta - I can argue it because I feel like arguing it. I have seen video footage of the asshat factory going to town on the shrine, and as a long-time Coachella goer, I HATE how that makes us look. A handful of dickheads made us all look like we had no class. Now some of those same dickheads are whining about their treatment by the police. That makes us look even worse. I have invested 10 years and thousands of dollars in going to Coachella, and have every right to voice my opinion. You just don't like it because I have a point...otherwise I have a feeling you'd STFU and ignore what I have to say...not tell me I have no right to say it.

    But please...find me video of EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

    Change my mind.

    I'd honestly love it if you could.

    I'd be the first to admit that I was wrong if you found video evidence.
    What, you want me to sit back and submit to your horribly scewed perspective? I think not. You're a sick degenerate. Why would you try to force your opinions on others without a good deal of knowledge about what ACTUALLY happened? A youtube video is a pathetic view on the reality of the situation. Grab your popcorn and soda, pop in a DVD, then go argue about the movie on some other forum, because you're wasting all of our time.

  7. #37
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Hahaha...sick degenerate?

    Hahaha...wow...classic.

    Yes...this 31 year old married man with a college education, a daughter, a career, and his own home is a sick degenerate because he doesn't believe the police go around pepper-spraying innocent people for shits & giggles.

    I guess I'd be less of a degenerate if I just believed your little fairy tale without question, without hearing the cops' side, without video evidence, and without knowing you from any other dickhead that was trashing someone's artwork that took decades to create. That would make me much less of a sick degenerate.

    You're a fucking idiot.

    Like I said before...everyone has their own agenda and their own twist on the story to tell...show me some video to prove me wrong, or it's not worth your effort to type a response.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  8. #38
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    SubBAss-

    I've been pretty quiet on this message. What started as a "was I the only One?" simple question has erupted into 1 person, who protested, [edited since I read your age] I guess sometime in the 90s and has now viewed 1 youtube video from 1 persepective, internet fighting with multiple people who were at the Shrine, over how much force is "enough" when breaking up a crowd. Its hard for you to judge the force needed since you weren't there isn't it. I've been in actual "riots," and the situation at the Shrine was no where near the size or intensity of those. So please keep in mind that yes every situation is individual so before you go comparing it to your sit-ins or Tea Parties get an assessment of the situation at hand.

    Also your argument about being in the minority is moot. As a security guard, and I've worked security, you know that you are the minority, and you are trained in other ways of detaining problem individuals without recklessly discharging a weapon in a crowd. You sign on to be the minority, you're paid to be in the minority, that's why there isn't 1 security guard for every festival goer. So you can't use the "oh look there were so many festival goers and so few security", the difference is security has training and strategic plans to deal with this situation. If you discharge your weapon out of fear, instead of following your trainingm you weren't prepared and obviously not doing your job correctly.


    Your argument about the destruction of a piece of art work that you 1. Didn't create, so you can't speak on the artist's intentions and 2. was made of recycled and reused material for an art festival to be enjoyed and experience, is invalid because well you were not the artist.

    If you were the artist your "OMG your destroying my artwork" is valid, but since your not I'd like to actually hear from the artist.

    Some artist feel that their work is meant to be experienced, touched, and yes even sometimes used to create and inspire, (as in music, and yeah a drum circle). Think about it every sculpture at Coachella invokes participation. Why, because this Shrine is older, or made of wood, is it less tangible than the Serpent mother?

    And guess what I am not the artist, so I may be wrong to. But I'm not wrong that warning, and allowing time to react before breaking out pepper spray is common protocol in "hostile situations" [which you may believe this was with all your first hand experience in the La Familia Divina-Shrine Sunday night Drum Circle.] If crisis management can go into a prison situation, and qualm an actual riot without knee-jerk pepper spay reactions, than then clearing out a 5 x 5 foot Shrine should not require such force.

    Since we can only speculate, and since the artist hasn't reacted, yet. I'm going to speculate that pepper spraying people near a piece of art, that according to the artist statement that was put in the Coachella booklet [sorry i don't have the verbatim on me], Was there to inspire and ward off evil and naysayers, seems diametrically opposed to the spirit of the piece of art, and would be more likely to upset the artist than a drum circle.

    If the artist is out there please respond. But, until then, if your going to post on the situation from Sunday, please only talk to what you know, your experiences that night, the 1 or 2 videos you may have seen, even the news paper articles that mentioned it.

    http://www.eastbayexpress.com/music/...ent?oid=966815

    [Hmm... and nowhere seemed to speak of destruction or hostility.]

    Peace

    NWK
    Last edited by NappyWhiteKid; 04-22-2009 at 08:58 AM.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Hahaha...sick degenerate?

    Hahaha...wow...classic.

    Yes...this 31 year old married man with a college education, a daughter, a career, and his own home is a sick degenerate because he doesn't believe the police go around pepper-spraying innocent people for shits & giggles.

    I guess I'd be less of a degenerate if I just believed your little fairy tale without question, without hearing the cops' side, without video evidence, and without knowing you from any other dickhead that was trashing someone's artwork that took decades to create. That would make me much less of a sick degenerate.

    You're a fucking idiot.

    Like I said before...everyone has their own agenda and their own twist on the story to tell...show me some video to prove me wrong, or it's not worth your effort to type a response.
    You kiss your daughter with that mouth!?!?!?

    O.K. but in all seriousness, I wasn't one of the people "trashing" any piece of artwork. You have it in your head that I was the guy climbing on top of it or ripping pieces off of it...this is not true Sub. I was an innocent bystander that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I agree with you that they should not have been destroying the beautiful piece in any way--that would be wildly disrespectful to the artist and to the festival. I was simply walking by, and then without fair warning took a blast of mace in my eyes. Does this clear it up any?
    Last edited by Delta; 04-22-2009 at 09:04 AM.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    It doesn't really matter to me what you say about your actions. I know that the truth of the matter probably is somewhere between your version of the story and the police version of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    All I know is that in all of my years of protesting, partying, etc. I have NEVER ONCE seen a cop pepper spray people for no reason, especially if they were following orders to disperse.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    What I HAVE seen is people trying to antagonize the police and get that sort of treatment.

    Did ya let slip with a "fuck the police?"

    Did you call 'em "pigs" and then try to scurry away?

    All I'm saying is there had to be a reason your stupid ass got sprayed. Should you get sprayed for saying something dumb to a cop? Of course not, but take the right (wrong) situation and add that fuel to the fire, and don't act surprised if it happens.
    after reading these insanely retarded ASSumptions, there is obviously no point in arguing with you subbass, since you are determined to base your opinion on false assumptions and "life experiences" which have nothing to do with the subject at hand. just because you and your dumb ass protester friends antagonized cops before they fucked you up in the past, doesnt mean thats what happened at coachella. this was a celebration, not a protest. if you were there, you would realize that. nobody was there to fight or taunt the police. the point is, every case is different, and your awesome community college education you like to brag about should have at least taught you that.

    btw, i dont condone destroying art in any way, nor did i see anybody destroying the art. and like nwk said, coachella art is meant to be interactive, and thats what happened. people were interacting with it, not destroying it. i didnt see people breaking it or holding pieces of it in their hands like you claim. id like to see where in that video you see that. if thats the case, then those people were wrong, but either way, don't deserve to be maced.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  11. #41
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by NappyWhiteKid View Post
    I've been pretty quiet...Peace

    NWK
    I've been to more protests/riots/etc. than you think, so to on one hand berate me for not knowing about something because I wasn't there personally (the Coachella incident), and on the other tell me I haven't experienced anything (when you yourself don't know me) comes off as pretty amusing/hypocritical/stupid. Take your pick of adjectives. What I posted was part of the artist statement FROM THE BOOKLET. It took over 20 years to create that shrine...20+ years of effort, emotion, sweat-equity. I can't imagine the artist would have been happy seeing the actions of the mental midgets Sunday night. But what would I know? I'm just an artist


    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    You kiss your daughter with that mouth!?!?!?

    O.K. but in all seriousness, I wasn't one of the people "trashing" any piece of artwork. You have it in your head that I was the guy climbing on top of it or ripping pieces off of it...this is not true Sub. I was an innocent bystander that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I agree with you that they should not have been destroying the beautiful piece in any way--that would be wildly disrespectful to the artist and to the festival. I was simply walking by, and then without fair warning took a blast of mace in my eyes. Does this clear it up any?
    It does if I believe you. All I'm saying is that it's not a very logical situation. There is a chance that you were innocent and did nothing? I don't know. I just don't see cops running around spraying mace into people's eye for the fun of it. Maybe they got you mixed up with someone else? Who knows?


    Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    after reading these insanely retarded ASSumptions, there is obviously no point in arguing with you subbass, since you are determined to base your opinion on false assumptions and "life experiences" which have nothing to do with the subject at hand. just because you and your dumb ass protester friends antagonized cops before they fucked you up in the past, doesnt mean thats what happened at coachella. this was a celebration, not a protest. if you were there, you would realize that. nobody was there to fight or taunt the police. the point is, every case is different, and your awesome community college education you like to brag about should have at least taught you that.

    btw, i dont condone destroying art in any way, nor did i see anybody destroying the art. and like nwk said, coachella art is meant to be interactive, and thats what happened. people were interacting with it, not destroying it. i didnt see people breaking it or holding pieces of it in their hands like you claim. id like to see where in that video you see that. if thats the case, then those people were wrong, but either way, don't deserve to be maced.
    Pathetic. ANother person saying I don't know what I was talking about because I wasn't there, who in the next breath says things about me that they have no way of knowing because they don't know me. Make up your mind, son.

    - I never taunted the cops at a protest.
    - Just because this was a celebration doesn't mean shit...ever see Detroit celebrate an NBA championship?
    - I actually have a Bachelors, a Masters, and a California CLAD Credential...all from a State-System University...so nice try.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  12. #42
    Member digitaldragon03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    2,314

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    hey subbass,

    a) this was not a protest or riot, so all of your "experience" in those matters doesnt apply you arrogant fuck. this was a bunch of people peacefully celebrating the end of a great weekend. i agree with you that its wrong of people to destroy the art, but i didnt see any of that. that thing was very sturdy. sure, people shouldnt climb on it, or tear pieces off, thats just wrong. but to slap it to make a beat is not a big deal if you ask me, nor is crowd surfing. neither of those hurt the art in any way as far as i could tell.

    B) people were not warned. that video was shot from far outside the middle of that thing, and it was loud in there from everybody chanting and screaming. i couldnt hear shit besides that and had no idea the cops were there till i was yanked out from the middle part by my arm (which was fine by me). and since you asked, THAT is the kind of force i expect them to use. not "shoulder massages or handjobs", you jerkoff. they could yell through a bullhorn, then physically move them, and if they dont cooperate or threaten violence, THEN they should pull out the mace.

    C)and even if they did hear the cops warning, you act like they disobeyed. everyone who said they were maced also said it happened as they were already starting to walk away. if you give somebody a warning, you need to give them a second to react to your warning. you cant just tell them to leave and then spray them before they even have a chance to move.

    d)stop talking like you know what happened cuz you werent fucking there, and its very obvious. you've watched some video and are under the impression that these people were disobeying cops, and giving them an excuse to mace them, when really everybody was just having a fun time jumping around and making a drum beat, with no violence involved at all. then all of a sudden cops came in and started spraying people without giving them the chance to leave peacefully.

    if you still want to think the cops were justified, then go ahead, but you really are an ignorant, arrogant, piece of shit.
    This is exactly right. Nobody knew that the police were saying anything. I cant even see one cop in the video, even though he circles it a couple times.

  13. #43
    Member digitaldragon03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    2,314

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday



    Huge riot with people hurting each other, burning cars, and attacking police!

  14. #44
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    PHP Code:
    Originally posted by[B]SubBass49 [/B]But what would I knowI'm just an artist 

    As am I, but neither of us are the artist of La Familia Divina Shrine and therefore can't speak on the artists intentions or reactions. Some art takes years to create, some mere second, and other art has a life of it's own, and the journey that the art travels and artifacts that is collects and loses actually shape the art. And again I do NOT condone destroying the art, but basing an argument on the assumption that this Shrine was fabricated over 20 + years and then meant to be preserved for all eternity, without any knowledge or conversation with the artist is just as bad as assuming that you are the only one posting on the message board with a masters. [ and I know that is not your direct quote or your intention with giving your educational background, but i am just describing an example]

    As for being in the D when the Pistons won, no in fact I've never been to the D, but I was in Boston for 2 "Patriot Riots" and the "Original Red Sox World Series,"[In which I saw a rubber bullet was prematurely shot into the crowd that ultimately accidentally ended a young girls life, It hit her in the eye, story here again an individual event not the same as Sunday, and we can all Assume that everyone here gets that] all of which were considered both a celebration and a riot. However a riot "A riot is a form of civil disorder characterized by disorganized groups lashing out in a sudden and intense rash of violence" and as you can see from the videos there is not "intense rash of violence" this past Sunday, so yes I'm familiar with sports "riots" but at the celebration at the "Shrine" the festival goers weren't "violent," in fact the only violent acts came from the people in charge of crowd control and safety.

    So we can all whip it out and get in a peeing contest about our past experiences in riots [which once again this was not], or we can ask for some answers and accountability for prematurely firing a non lethal weapon into a crowd with no warning, which is something I thought you would agree with.

  15. #45

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    I am urging anyone who was maced WITHOUT PREVIOUS WARNING by the police at the end of Sunday night OR WITNESSED THE EVENTS to file an official complaint, contact the Indio Police Department, and seek legal council. I received no warning, verbal or otherwise, before I was maced. National Institute of Justice recommends standard operating procedures that approve using pepper spray on "actively combative individuals who have resisted or ignored verbal commands," [NIJ TAP Report at p. 5.] The crowd was not combative nor resistant nor given adequate verbal commands. In the video footage you can hear an officer say "we're gonna mace somebody...you'll all get maced". This is barely audible in the video and was clearly not going to be audible to the entire crowd, especially those on the opposite side of the structure. The officer who maced me and those around me did not say anything before or while he maced the crowd, made no physical contact with the crowd, and made no attempts to get the crowds attention before he began using his weapon. The police did not attempt to use safe methods first such as sirens, megaphones, flashlights, or even raising their voices. Blinding a crowd of people is not safe and is not a practical way of mobilizing them toward an exit. Many of the people who were maced were simply making their way to the exit and stopped to see what was going on. I hope that no one sustained serious injuries and that the La Familia Divina-Shrine was not damaged.

    Indio Police Department:
    http://www.indiopd.org/contact.htm
    Administrative Officer / Public Relations: Benjamin Guitron bguitron@indiopd.org
    Chief's Office: (760) 391-4030

    To file a complaint:
    http://www.policeabuse.com/index.php...orms&formid=64

    video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfm8gyYZFn8
    Last edited by NicoleL; 04-22-2009 at 05:16 PM.

  16. #46
    Member dantoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    So sorry you had to deal w that dude.

    im sorry but please tell me someone has pics? - im not sick and twisted but i always ppull out my camera when anything strikes me.

  17. #47
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,830

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by DHARMA2112 View Post
    Anyone else a bit skeptical about this guys story. I have a hard time believing that some guard was waiting outside the door to just spray some unexpected person when leaving.

    EDIT: I saw the video (not of the spraying) - but of the people not leaving and chanting. So I'm sure a couple people got sprayed. I still doubt they sprayed him for no reason. Either way, I don't think Pepper Spray is necessary - unless the person is going ape shit nuts.
    they were spraying people left and right, with absolutely no reason. my wife was sprayed in the eye at point blank range, for absolutely no reason. She was about 20 feet away from that stupid shrine.

  18. #48

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    I was chanting "Coa.Chel.La" right next to the shrine. I felt the imminent standoff. The Cure went late, and we all know the cops shuffle everyone out so the Dome can open for campers. I saw myself actively involved with a group destroying a piece of art, in a time where police were trying to get us to leave. So I backed away. That being said, the police should not have used pepper spray. Not enough time was given for everyone to orderly exit the shrine.

  19. #49
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Nicole`

    I filed a report with the email that you gave earlier this morning, also I tried to call the # but to no avail. I also gave him a link to this message thread.

    Were you the author of the sweet craigslist post too?

    dantoro-

    my buddy and some people have images of the chant, but I did not take any pictures, when my face was red due to skin irritation or of the bags that lingered for the next day and a half. When it happened mostly i was trying to flush my eyes. Not really the images that I wanted as my Coachella memories.

    All,
    Does anyone have a video from the inside? I was inside, basically exactly across from the view that exists in the current video Nicole referred to.

  20. #50
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    machu pichu
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs down Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    What the hell are you on?

    *NO, I didn't feel, hear, see, taste, or smell a cop anywhere around me.

    *I have 'moved on with my life' .....wtf?

    There were people yelling all around me, I don't have fuckin' sonar....

    Trust me, I learned a few things about the Indio police department..haha

    I did nothing illegal or immoral, I turned my back around and got maced. So naturally when a jackass like you comes along on his high horse and thinks he knows everything about everything, I'm going to fill you in on the reality of the situation. Life is too short to spend in an internet combat, but I wanted to let people know what the truth of the matter is. I'm not asking you to feel sorry for me, or anyone for that matter. Fuck that. Just be aware that people were maced with no warning at coachella '09.

    I don't care how many years you spent getting shot with rubber bullets, getting your pathetic ass tear gas'd, or sucking your neighbors dick dry. I could care less about information that is wholly irrelevant to the events that took place.

    And just in case you still didn't process this through your thick skull;

    I DIDN'T HEAR OR SEE ANY POLICE OR SECURITY AROUND ME. I WAS NOT WARNED.

    -Delta
    I was peppersprayed straight up as i stood there to appreciate the fantastic'ness that is coachella. last night, literally like 10 minutes after the cure was officially off stage [no longer playing unplugged like the totally awesome badasses they still are ]
    i was walking up to go start drumming too when a cop, blue sweatshirt/cargopants/toolbelt of crowd controlling goodies walks up and as i look over and smile being all happy and shit, he makes eyecontact with me, smirks a bit and fucking raises his arm and SWSHHHHH over the crowd. Not stoppping the flow for like a minute. just plastering us all with out saying a word.
    my eyes burned like fuck and when i went to go breathe in or talk, it was like parched or like unable to respond to muscle control.
    i stood next to the dick as he just went for it. probably one of the few times he will get to ever just spray a crowd of people he's been dealing with the WHOLE weekend.
    i kept hearing security and the like zoom bye on the karts and use words like 'they, all of them, etc' but it made me feel like it was two parties- us and them. not just an event of people interested in what was happening out in the desert.

    i think its really unfortunate that i saw a separation this year, where as every other year its like a huge gathering. security/vendors are there cause they decided to be, not for the money. i felt an edge from the crowds where in past years i'd sneeze and get like 4 'bless you's' from surrounding festivalie's and this year people seemed irritated with so many people.

    WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG MAN!? high five?
    dont know shit about fuck

  21. #51

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    ha, thats my video. just uploaded it last night. i have one more, but its pretty much the same. too dark to see much of anything.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  22. #52
    Member portisheadgrl88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm springs baby!!
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    i didnt get to see the "riot" i left at 12 because my bf and i wanted to make it through with no traffic..and we were exhausted..i didnt find out about this until today.. im sorry guys this happened to you guys..hopefully next year would be a better year with the security/cops
    "I wonder how many people in this city live in furnished rooms. Late at night when i look out at the buildings I swear I see a face in every window looking back at me and when I turn away I wonder how many go back to their desks and write this down...."
    -Leonard Cohen

  23. #53
    Member oyeloca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    i got sprayed too ;/

  24. #54
    Member *SURREAL*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hot as HELL AZ.
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by lusciouslou View Post
    can someone post the video on here plz!!!!
    just got to youtube and search coachella riot . it was getting out of hand . the same thing almost happened back in camp , the drum circle was going on till 4 in the morning , and security was following them around , i left and went to my tent . i was sure the security was going to get ugly , but thank god they didnt .
    INTENSE REALITY OF A DREAM

  25. #55
    Member *SURREAL*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hot as HELL AZ.
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    INTENSE REALITY OF A DREAM

  26. #56
    Member digitaldragon03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    2,314

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    ha, thats my video. just uploaded it last night. i have one more, but its pretty much the same. too dark to see much of anything.
    Post it, the audio alone is worth it.

  27. #57
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by NappyWhiteKid View Post
    PHP Code:
    Originally posted by[B]SubBass49 [/B]But what would I knowI'm just an artist 

    As am I, but neither of us are the artist of La Familia Divina Shrine and therefore can't speak on the artists intentions or reactions. Some art takes years to create, some mere second, and other art has a life of it's own, and the journey that the art travels and artifacts that is collects and loses actually shape the art. And again I do NOT condone destroying the art, but basing an argument on the assumption that this Shrine was fabricated over 20 + years and then meant to be preserved for all eternity, without any knowledge or conversation with the artist is just as bad as assuming that you are the only one posting on the message board with a masters. [ and I know that is not your direct quote or your intention with giving your educational background, but i am just describing an example]

    As for being in the D when the Pistons won, no in fact I've never been to the D, but I was in Boston for 2 "Patriot Riots" and the "Original Red Sox World Series,"[In which I saw a rubber bullet was prematurely shot into the crowd that ultimately accidentally ended a young girls life, It hit her in the eye, story here again an individual event not the same as Sunday, and we can all Assume that everyone here gets that] all of which were considered both a celebration and a riot. However a riot "A riot is a form of civil disorder characterized by disorganized groups lashing out in a sudden and intense rash of violence" and as you can see from the videos there is not "intense rash of violence" this past Sunday, so yes I'm familiar with sports "riots" but at the celebration at the "Shrine" the festival goers weren't "violent," in fact the only violent acts came from the people in charge of crowd control and safety.

    So we can all whip it out and get in a peeing contest about our past experiences in riots [which once again this was not], or we can ask for some answers and accountability for prematurely firing a non lethal weapon into a crowd with no warning, which is something I thought you would agree with.

    Whatever man...I'm done arguing about this...you don't get it...maybe you never will. The only reason I posted any "qualifications" at all is that mine were challenged...it wasn't a pissing contest or bragging or anything else.

    Good luck to all of you in seeking out your evil attackers who singled you out for no reason whatsoever. I'm sure a judge will have a good laugh at your expense if they ever see a lawsuit come out of this.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  28. #58

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    hahahaha, I think it's hilarious how I was the one who was maced, and Subbass is the one who is pissed. jealous?????? LOL

  29. #59
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    ???
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  30. #60
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

    BTW...side note:

    Shrine:
    A shrine, from the Latin scrinium (‘box’; also used as a desk, like the French bureau) is a holy or sacred place which is dedicated to a specific deity, ancestor, hero, martyr, saint or similar figure of awe and respect, at which they are venerated or worshipped.
    Underlines are mine.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Can any1 help us score??
    By Ellie in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 06:12 AM
  2. Leaving Sunday Night? Santa Barbara?
    By Tiger Beard in forum Carpools
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 03:25 PM
  3. Was it me, or was security super anal on Sunday?
    By Iamjoeswastdlife in forum Questions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 12:52 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
  5. Anyone leaving Sunday afternoon for L.A?
    By stolentarts in forum Carpools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •