Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

Lurker

Default Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

I'm wondering because I was, and I would like to know if anyone else's yearly pilgrimage to the Coachella Valley may have been ruined by the same trigger-happy security guard while leaving Sunday Night.

I'm not trying to be dramatic and I can't 100% say he ruined the entire amazing experience that was Coachella 09. But as all festivals go, at the end of the last night you have a remorse, something like loosing an old friend. But with Coachella you also look forward to beginning the countdown again January 1st, right before the dates are announced. Well this year I didn't really get to relish in missing my old friend. Because I was pepper sprayed by a security guard while leaving "La Familia Divina-Shrine." I really want to know if this happened to anyone else.

Here's how it happened to me.

We, two friends and me, were making one last loop through the festival grounds after The Cure finally stopped their Unplugged set, and I understand there may be a noise ordinance so they had to be unplugged, but they ROCKED it just using their monitors. As we were leaving we heard a chant coming from the "La Familia Divina-Shrine." It first sounded like a drum circle, but when we got closer we notices a crowd surrounding the "Shrine" and chanting and singing. Inside the "Shrine" a packed crowd began singing and chanting Coa-Chel-La, Coa-Chel-La [There are some videos I saw people taking so I hope they end up on You-Tube]. It was surreal. To me really epitomized the spirit of love at the Arts & Music Fest.

Soon, the security began to come in and clear out the "Shrine." At that time, a blond was up crowd surfing, and the security guy began to push people to the door. I headed for the door where he was directing people and no sooner did I step outside to see another security guard and... WHAMM...

It felt like a bottle, and its entire contents of alcohol, had been shattered across my eyes and face. Everything went white and then black, I was suddenly blind. My entire head was engulfed in a scratching, burning sensation. I scrambled to see but couldn't, and wiping my face with my shirt only made it worse because my shirt was drenched in the spray too.

After fruitlessly stumbling to two separate empty ice and water stations, I literally ran into of my friend and poured the remaining contents of his water bottle into my eyes to flush them out. [Note: this experience taught me that water only intensifies Pepper Sprays effects] With my eyes slightly flushed and vision still blurry I made one more effort to flush my eyes before heading to my lock to leave. [I have never wanted to leave Coachella worse, and I doubt the feeling will ever be as bad].

Since the water refill station was still open I headed there to try and flush my eyes one more time. When I told the kid working what happened he said " I would like to help you but I don't have a bottle man" to which I cupped my hands and placed them under the spigot. I used two cupped hands full of water to once again flush my eyes and sooth my burning face. My friends quickly got the contents of the locker and I blotted my face with my non-pepper sprayed hoody. [Note: this actually helped].

With the help of my friends and slightly improving vision I was able to find and unlock my bike. I took the time to ask the two horse police at the edge of the handicapped parking what to use for the pepper spray pain. They had a few pieces of advise but nothing that was immediately accessible [Note: For skin they said to use a baking soda and water mixture]. In general they seemed incredibly shocked. [I guess the horse police at Coachella don't carry pepper spray like the security inside] With the help of some great friends I was able to get back to our hotel, about 1.5 miles away.

Though saying this one trigger-happy security guard may have preemptively ended my yearly pilgrimages to the Coachella Valley, may be a knee-jerk reaction, I Can with 100% certainty that this will be the Coachella that I remember as the Worst Ending to a Festival Ever. So why did I have you read this? Again, I want to know if this happened to anyone else.

Also thanks to the few of your random crowd people who helped direct me towards water and things to blot my eyes with.

[Now a note to the security guard if for some reason you read message boards.]

I was leaving man. The other security guard asked me to leave and I did, I was going to my locker and then my bike, without your help! That "Shrine" chant was AMAZING, possibly one of the best, most international, free experiences ever; thanks for prematurely snapping me back to reality with possibly one of the worst experiences of my life.

Peace
    -NWK

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Default Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

"All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

NicoleL got sprayed too!

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I wasn't sprayed, but my friend apparently rushed the line (stupidly) and had the shit kicked out of him (unnecessarily)-- literally beaten past consciousness-- while he was cuffed by about six huge security guards. They dragged him out of sight before they hurt him. The more of these stories about overzealous security guards I'm seeing, the more obvious it is that we all have some horrible shared experiences in what was an otherwise amazing weekend.
    1999 - 2013, every day, every weekend, no regrets

I'm wondering which security guards these were? I know there were uniformed police, security guards in yellow, and marines in those beige t-shirts. Was it the police with the pepper spray? Confusing... Looking at video of the drumming on the art house thing, it didn't seem like it warranted pepper spray or anything. Some of the security guards look like they want something to happen... Creepy.

Lurker

The Security guard that came into the hut to direct people had one of those beige-event t-shirts on, not sure about the one who blasted me in the eye.

i got sprayed toooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i was chanting and dancing and finally accepting the fact that my perfect weekend was soon ending, when i noticed my cousin was (who was standing right next to me) was missing....

I took a few steps to look for him, and i was pushed out. Immediately after, an officer with a shaved head approached me and yelled at me to get the hell out of there.. not being too sober at the time, i stood there in my confusion and said "what are you talking about?" right then and there he sprayed me!

Do they have a right to use pepperspray without a fair warning and absolutely NO resistance????

also... does anyone have a video of inside the shrine or us getting peppersrayed??

Quote Originally Posted by NappyWhiteKid View Post
    I'm wondering because I was, and I would like to know if anyone else's yearly pilgrimage to the Coachella Valley may have been ruined by the same trigger-happy security guard while leaving Sunday Night.

I'm not trying to be dramatic and I can't 100% say he ruined the entire amazing experience that was Coachella 09. But as all festivals go, at the end of the last night you have a remorse, something like loosing an old friend. But with Coachella you also look forward to beginning the countdown again January 1st, right before the dates are announced. Well this year I didn't really get to relish in missing my old friend. Because I was pepper sprayed by a security guard while leaving "La Familia Divina-Shrine." I really want to know if this happened to anyone else.

Here's how it happened to me.

We, two friends and me, were making one last loop through the festival grounds after The Cure finally stopped their Unplugged set, and I understand there may be a noise ordinance so they had to be unplugged, but they ROCKED it just using their monitors. As we were leaving we heard a chant coming from the "La Familia Divina-Shrine." It first sounded like a drum circle, but when we got closer we notices a crowd surrounding the "Shrine" and chanting and singing. Inside the "Shrine" a packed crowd began singing and chanting Coa-Chel-La, Coa-Chel-La [There are some videos I saw people taking so I hope they end up on You-Tube]. It was surreal. To me really epitomized the spirit of love at the Arts & Music Fest.

Soon, the security began to come in and clear out the "Shrine." At that time, a blond was up crowd surfing, and the security guy began to push people to the door. I headed for the door where he was directing people and no sooner did I step outside to see another security guard and... WHAMM...

It felt like a bottle, and its entire contents of alcohol, had been shattered across my eyes and face. Everything went white and then black, I was suddenly blind. My entire head was engulfed in a scratching, burning sensation. I scrambled to see but couldn't, and wiping my face with my shirt only made it worse because my shirt was drenched in the spray too.

After fruitlessly stumbling to two separate empty ice and water stations, I literally ran into of my friend and poured the remaining contents of his water bottle into my eyes to flush them out. [Note: this experience taught me that water only intensifies Pepper Sprays effects] With my eyes slightly flushed and vision still blurry I made one more effort to flush my eyes before heading to my lock to leave. [I have never wanted to leave Coachella worse, and I doubt the feeling will ever be as bad].

Since the water refill station was still open I headed there to try and flush my eyes one more time. When I told the kid working what happened he said " I would like to help you but I don't have a bottle man" to which I cupped my hands and placed them under the spigot. I used two cupped hands full of water to once again flush my eyes and sooth my burning face. My friends quickly got the contents of the locker and I blotted my face with my non-pepper sprayed hoody. [Note: this actually helped].

With the help of my friends and slightly improving vision I was able to find and unlock my bike. I took the time to ask the two horse police at the edge of the handicapped parking what to use for the pepper spray pain. They had a few pieces of advise but nothing that was immediately accessible [Note: For skin they said to use a baking soda and water mixture]. In general they seemed incredibly shocked. [I guess the horse police at Coachella don't carry pepper spray like the security inside] With the help of some great friends I was able to get back to our hotel, about 1.5 miles away.

Though saying this one trigger-happy security guard may have preemptively ended my yearly pilgrimages to the Coachella Valley, may be a knee-jerk reaction, I Can with 100% certainty that this will be the Coachella that I remember as the Worst Ending to a Festival Ever. So why did I have you read this? Again, I want to know if this happened to anyone else.

Also thanks to the few of your random crowd people who helped direct me towards water and things to blot my eyes with.

[Now a note to the security guard if for some reason you read message boards.]

I was leaving man. The other security guard asked me to leave and I did, I was going to my locker and then my bike, without your help! That "Shrine" chant was AMAZING, possibly one of the best, most international, free experiences ever; thanks for prematurely snapping me back to reality with possibly one of the worst experiences of my life.

Peace
    -NWK
    Holy shit man, my heart goes out to you. I wish I could have been there to just help pepper sprayed people out, that is just too wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

I am not trying to minimize what happened to the people that got sprayed but: I have been sprayed a bunch at fests and many demonstrations . Years from now when you look back, these will be some of the days you remember most and laugh about it . Cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

good thing the festival is moving. it's because indio has a stick up it's collective ass. anyone working there is a total dick. except, ironically, the police.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

moving? lulz

so has been rumored. as it should, because the polo fields are getting tired of us breaking indio sound curfew every year.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

^^^

Then they are stupid. They really can't put up with 3 days out of the year? And when you consider how much money the locals make from concertgoers.

Anyone else a bit skeptical about this guys story. I have a hard time believing that some guard was waiting outside the door to just spray some unexpected person when leaving.

EDIT: I saw the video (not of the spraying) - but of the people not leaving and chanting. So I'm sure a couple people got sprayed. I still doubt they sprayed him for no reason. Either way, I don't think Pepper Spray is necessary - unless the person is going ape shit nuts.

Lurker

DHARMA2112 I didn't put this up for people feel sorry for me and if you don't believe me, that up to you.

I never said "he was waiting out side to spray ME," I said I walked out the door and was immediately sprayed.

I'm not relieved that other people got sprayed too. But the one obvious thing that came out of this is, people who carelessly, and without accuracy, use a weapon in a crowd [and yes pepper spray is considered a weapon], catch people in the cross fire and make the security, in general, look callous and unprofessional.

-Peace
    NWK
    Last edited by NappyWhiteKid; 04-21-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DHARMA2112 View Post
    Anyone else a bit skeptical about this guys story. I have a hard time believing that some guard was waiting outside the door to just spray some unexpected person when leaving.

EDIT: I saw the video (not of the spraying) - but of the people not leaving and chanting. So I'm sure a couple people got sprayed. I still doubt they sprayed him for no reason. Either way, I don't think Pepper Spray is necessary - unless the person is going ape shit nuts.

Dharma, I'm not even joking.. I was pushed out of the shrine.. i looked around for no more than 3 seconds to find my cousin.. an officer came up to me and told me to "get the fuck out of here"... i replied by saying "what the hell are you talking about?" and right then and there he sprayed me.

Either way, I had a lot of fun all weekend, and now I have a story to tell about coach '09

"We're sorry sir, you'll have to leave, the store is closing."

"Just let me and my crowd of friends finish dancing in your aisles. We'll only be a while longer"

"You have to go"

"No"

pffffffffffft
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

lol

I'm sorry, but you think that being a cop/security guard in a situation like that is easy or fun? I seriously doubt it. They probably had visions of Woodstock 99 dancing in their heads and didn't want to be the guy or girl that let shit get out of hand. Also, when you're facing a mob mentality (which that was, you can't deny) you're gonna do what you have to in order to defend yourself.

PS - This is coming from a guy that has protested police brutality for over a decade, and taken tear gas & rubber bullets.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    lol

I'm sorry, but you think that being a cop/security guard in a situation like that is easy or fun? I seriously doubt it. They probably had visions of Woodstock 99 dancing in their heads and didn't want to be the guy or girl that let shit get out of hand. Also, when you're facing a mob mentality (which that was, you can't deny) you're gonna do what you have to in order to defend yourself.

PS - This is coming from a guy that has protested police brutality for over a decade, and taken tear gas & rubber bullets.
    you are a douche.

there was no reason to use that kind of force. there was no violence or resistance by anybody whatsoever. fuck you and fuck those cops.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Guess you're just not that bright then son. You're entitled to your opinion, but have you ever been in a position where you were outnumbered, oh, let's say 1,000 to one by people who had been drinking/drugging all weekend and were ramping up in their mob-mentality and not listening to a thing you had to say?

Yeah...didn't think so.

Neither have I.

I wouldn't want to face that kinda situation either.

Therefore I cant blame 'em for evening the odds a bit.

So go fuck yourself kid.

Gain a little life experience and a little common sense and then get back to me.

By the way...what kind of force would have liked them to use?

Maybe they could have given shoulder massages to the asshats to get 'em to leave?

Handjobs perhaps?

As far as non-lethal force goes, pepper spray is about the tamest shit you're gonna find. They could have used rubber bullets...ever been hit with one? You'd prefer pepper spray. How about tear gas? Yeah...again...pepper spray is better. Maybe beanbag rounds? Gimme pepper spray any day.

Angry Re: Was Any1 else Pepper Sprayed by Security while leaving Sunday

This message is for Nappywhitekid, anyone who doubts that what we are saying is true, or the half-brained dimwit's who think that being maced in the eyes was a justifiable action.

I was maced also, and no I am NOT pulling this out of my ass. If you look at the video, you see people slapping the wood structure making a drum beat. Keep in mind, this is a wood structure, and not a human. I was doing the same thing, having an amazing time, and this isn't out of line. Tell this pathetic fuck of a police department to get a LOUD SPEAKER. How about that one, you inconsiderate moron, who thinks that mace was the only way to handle this situation. I wasn't acting aggressively, I wasn't being violent, hell, I wasn't even YELLING at the police. I turned my back around as I was about to leave and BAM, some sick fuck of a human with a badge soaks my eyes and face, leaving me feeling like my eyes are LITERALLY on fire. I blindly wandered myself as far away from this as I could and sat along a chain link fence. I was the only one left in this entire area of the festival just sitting on the ground trying anything within my power to be able to SEE again so I could get up and leave. Finally two security guards with yellow jackets came up and I told them what had happened, that I had been maced. They were kind enough to supply me with a water bottle to desperately dump into my open eyes, ears, mouth, and skin all over my face. I said "fuck these pigs" and thanked them for the water, and I left. This is a disgusting display of what happens when power-abusing, self-loathing fucks are given a gun and a can of mace. I believe in karma, and trust me, their road isn't looking too pretty ahead.

-godspeed
    Last edited by Delta; 04-21-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Lesson I learned long ago:

If a cop tells you to move, you should move. Not when you feel like it. Not when you're done slapping someone's artwork. Not when you get around to it. Right after he or she says to.

There are battles worth fighting, and this wasn't one.

I watched the video, and I saw people that had PIECES of the shrine in their hands, banging them on the shrine itself. Not fucking cool.

I saw someone being crowdsurfed INSIDE the shrine. Not fucking cool.

I saw people CLIMBING on the shrine. Not fucking cool.

I also heard a cop on video telling people to leave or they'd get maced. Some left quickly, and some didn't.

Did he not give you enough warning? Are you one of the people that tried to give the cops a hard time by lingering? It's the same reason you don't tickle rattlesnakes for shits & giggles...you might get bit, but it's a bitch move to cry about it when it happens because of your own actions.

I don't give a shit if you though it was a great time or not...that's someone else's art that they chose to SHARE with you. But you (and other dimwits) thought that fucking with it would be cute.

Looks like karma sprayed you in the eyes & mouth.

can someone post the video on here plz!!!!

Lesson I learned long ago:

If a cop tells you to move, you should move. Not when you feel like it. Not when you're done slapping someone's artwork. Not when you get around to it. Right after he or she says to.

There are battles worth fighting, and this wasn't one.

I watched the video, and I saw people that had PIECES of the shrine in their hands, banging them on the shrine itself. Not fucking cool.

I saw someone being crowdsurfed INSIDE the shrine. Not fucking cool.

I saw people CLIMBING on the shrine. Not fucking cool.

I also heard a cop on video telling people to leave or they'd get maced. Some left quickly, and some didn't.

Did he not give you enough warning? Are you one of the people that tried to give the cops a hard time by lingering? It's the same reason you don't tickle rattlesnakes for shits & giggles...you might get bit, but it's a bitch move to cry about it when it happens because of your own actions.

I don't give a shit if you though it was a great time or not...that's someone else's art that they chose to SHARE with you. But you (and other dimwits) thought that fucking with it would be cute.

Looks like karma sprayed you in the eyes & mouth.
    Listen Sub,

I received NO warning. Not fucking cool.

I'm not here to argue with people like you who feel they need to voice their less than adequate opinion about a matter that concerns them not in the least bit. While you were jerking off in an outhouse I was enjoying myself at a festival. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Listen Sub,

I received NO warning. Not fucking cool.

I'm not here to argue with people like you who feel they need to voice their less than adequate opinion about a matter that concerns them not in the least bit. While you were jerking off in an outhouse I was enjoying myself at a festival. Done.
    WTF are you even talking about?

You mean no cop tapped you specifically on the shoulder and told you specifically to leave? If I can hear a cop on a fucking youtube video telling people shit like "that's enough, time to leave, leave now or we'll use mace..." then you ought to have heard it in person...IF you were one of the asshats banging on the shrine.

But please explain to me how my opinion is "less than adequate," or were you just using random big words in the hopes that it would make you sound smart?

My opinions about this count because:

- For over a decade I have been an anti police-brutality protestor/activist
    - I have been in plenty of protests where police were armed with non lethal weapons
    - I have been shot at with rubber bullets & tear gas during a protest, not for anything I personally did, but because of the people I was surrounding myself with
    - I didn't get mad at the cops that did that to me, because I placed myself in the situation knowing full well what could happen
    - When told to disperse/leave, I did
    - I have been to EVERY Coachella and never had a problem with a cop or security guard (because I don't act like a total cunt towards them)

I think those points pretty much "qualify" me to talk about this situation as much as I want to...not as though I need to qualify for you or anyone else, but since you seemed to question the adequacy of my opinions, there ya go.

Bottom line:

You got maced for being involved in a situation you shouldn't have been involved in. Move on with your life. Consider it a learning experience. Next time a cop tells you to move/leave, I'm guessing you'll move/leave. Don't expect me or anyone else to feel sorry for you.

WTF are you even talking about?

You mean no cop tapped you specifically on the shoulder and told you specifically to leave? If I can hear a cop on a fucking youtube video telling people shit like "that's enough, time to leave, leave now or we'll use mace..." then you ought to have heard it in person...IF you were one of the asshats banging on the shrine.

But please explain to me how my opinion is "less than adequate," or were you just using random big words in the hopes that it would make you sound smart?

My opinions about this count because:

- For over a decade I have been an anti police-brutality protestor/activist
    - I have been in plenty of protests where police were armed with non lethal weapons
    - I have been shot at with rubber bullets & tear gas during a protest, not for anything I personally did, but because of the people I was surrounding myself with
    - I didn't get mad at the cops that did that to me, because I placed myself in the situation knowing full well what could happen
    - When told to disperse/leave, I did
    - I have been to EVERY Coachella and never had a problem with a cop or security guard (because I don't act like a total cunt towards them)

I think those points pretty much "qualify" me to talk about this situation as much as I want to...not as though I need to qualify for you or anyone else, but since you seemed to question the adequacy of my opinions, there ya go.

Bottom line:

You got maced for being involved in a situation you shouldn't have been involved in. Move on with your life. Consider it a learning experience. Next time a cop tells you to move/leave, I'm guessing you'll move/leave. Don't expect me or anyone else to feel sorry for you.
    What the hell are you on?

*NO, I didn't feel, hear, see, taste, or smell a cop anywhere around me.

*I have 'moved on with my life' .....wtf?

There were people yelling all around me, I don't have fuckin' sonar....

Trust me, I learned a few things about the Indio police department..haha

I did nothing illegal or immoral, I turned my back around and got maced. So naturally when a jackass like you comes along on his high horse and thinks he knows everything about everything, I'm going to fill you in on the reality of the situation. Life is too short to spend in an internet combat, but I wanted to let people know what the truth of the matter is. I'm not asking you to feel sorry for me, or anyone for that matter. Fuck that. Just be aware that people were maced with no warning at coachella '09.

I don't care how many years you spent getting shot with rubber bullets, getting your pathetic ass tear gas'd, or sucking your neighbors dick dry. I could care less about information that is wholly irrelevant to the events that took place.

And just in case you still didn't process this through your thick skull;

I DIDN'T HEAR OR SEE ANY POLICE OR SECURITY AROUND ME. I WAS NOT WARNED.

-Delta
    Last edited by Delta; 04-21-2009 at 10:30 PM.

Please tell me this isn't THE Delta.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

hey subbass,

a) this was not a protest or riot, so all of your "experience" in those matters doesnt apply you arrogant fuck. this was a bunch of people peacefully celebrating the end of a great weekend. i agree with you that its wrong of people to destroy the art, but i didnt see any of that. that thing was very sturdy. sure, people shouldnt climb on it, or tear pieces off, thats just wrong. but to slap it to make a beat is not a big deal if you ask me, nor is crowd surfing. neither of those hurt the art in any way as far as i could tell.

B) people were not warned. that video was shot from far outside the middle of that thing, and it was loud in there from everybody chanting and screaming. i couldnt hear shit besides that and had no idea the cops were there till i was yanked out from the middle part by my arm (which was fine by me). and since you asked, THAT is the kind of force i expect them to use. not "shoulder massages or handjobs", you jerkoff. they could yell through a bullhorn, then physically move them, and if they dont cooperate or threaten violence, THEN they should pull out the mace.

C)and even if they did hear the cops warning, you act like they disobeyed. everyone who said they were maced also said it happened as they were already starting to walk away. if you give somebody a warning, you need to give them a second to react to your warning. you cant just tell them to leave and then spray them before they even have a chance to move.

d)stop talking like you know what happened cuz you werent fucking there, and its very obvious. you've watched some video and are under the impression that these people were disobeying cops, and giving them an excuse to mace them, when really everybody was just having a fun time jumping around and making a drum beat, with no violence involved at all. then all of a sudden cops came in and started spraying people without giving them the chance to leave peacefully.

if you still want to think the cops were justified, then go ahead, but you really are an ignorant, arrogant, piece of shit.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    good thing the festival is moving. it's because indio has a stick up it's collective ass. anyone working there is a total dick. except, ironically, the police.
    I'm not doubting your story, but what's your source?
    Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    Nickelback to me is like walking into an ethnic restaurant and asking to have some unoriginal American cuisine like chicken tenders with a side of ranch dressing.