Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: security...

Default Re: security...

The security in the Mojave were fucking troopers. They caught every crowd surfer for Murder City Devils and they were able to keep their shit together during Fucked Up's set, and they were really fucking nice about it. I heard a lot of bad things about the security in the Sahara though

Again (as in other threads) I think it boils down to "if you're nice to them, they'll be nice to you" for the most part. I witnessed tons of acts of kindness by uniformed security guards...tan shirts, yellow shirts...didn't seem to matter. They were cool as shit this year.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

the only one complaint i have is that asshole who was working the re-entry line in the camping grounds, that was uniformed and looked like a mall cop, if he is reading this, fuck you for being a drag and an asshole, you were the only cancer that i had to work through this weekend.

Security was hilariously light. After years past I prepared for the worst, but upon entering the campgrounds not ONE of our 4 bags were even opened, let alone searched. Getting into the fest was a breeze too, a very slight glance into my bag, no patdown, everyone seemed cool.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

Smile Re: security...

We had a great experience with Field Security in the Beige/White shirts. My friend passed out and they were awesome & very nice to all of us. Also didn't seem like it was their mission to hassle anyone for partying, just to make sure people were cool and not hurt or sick. MUCH different from last year. They smiled more.
    Last edited by cbeachcitygirl; 04-22-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling

it was weird; I got stuck in a bad line at the campground and it took 1/2 hour to get in at 2pm on Saturday. The kid in the next line was giving pat-downs and lightly checking bags, moving efficiently and chatting up the attendees. The line I was in a middle aged man took every single item out of her big duffle bag, every item out of my friends purse, opened every pocket in her wallet while thumbing through it.... and then he left 3 items on the counter and I had to pick them up. Every other person in his line got the same treatment, so I know it wasn't because we looked shady or anything.
    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

I thought security was totally cool. They have a job to do but as long as you exercise common sense they don't care. Good people. Hope the same guys are there next year. No problem finding anything in side, know what i mean....

I brought a backpack in camping entrance all 3 days. They opened the big zipper only twice and quickly peeked in. I didn't get pat down any time. It was awesome. I did see shady security and possibly an undercover group around Sahara, obviously trying to get X dealers. but the weed smokers were completely left alone. I was dumbfounded to see security literally looking at a group smoking a J, and continuing on. It made me more relaxed during my sessions. I think I enjoyed the shows more, knowing that herb was not being hassled.

the security seemed pretty chill for the most part. they were especially lax if you didn't have any bags. i walked in all 3 days without being checked at all really. on friday i saw a security guy at the main entrance tell a girl to just spin around once. he checked her out, whistled, smiled at her, and told her to go ahead and walk in. i also saw this guy at one of the stages flirting with jailbait up at the rail all day.

So you post his pic? lol...(shakes head)...kinda not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by elbrycen View Post
    i snuck a ton of shit into the campground like a guitar, vodka, other party supplies, but i couldn't even get a ding dong into the festival.
    HOLY SHIT

Quote Originally Posted by McAwesome View Post
    Was it the old guy? He seriously searched EVERYTHING. He opened and smelled an empty water bottle of the guy in front of us, then he broke the seal on my fiances sealed water bottle to smell it, wtf?! Then he tried to confiscate my fiances prescription heart medicine!! Guy was an uber douche.
    Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by DeanCorso View Post
    the only one complaint i have is that asshole who was working the re-entry line in the camping grounds, that was uniformed and looked like a mall cop, if he is reading this, fuck you for being a drag and an asshole, you were the only cancer that i had to work through this weekend.
    AHAHAHHA Was he a short small dark mexican looking guy?

That guy was such a douche. He got pissed at me cause i brought a case of water. He pulls every single one out and then hands it to me. As I walk away i yell " OH SHIT WE HAVE EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR OVER HERE!" He stops searching my brother and just stares me down.... ahahhha. Comedy!

I wonder what the incentive for them is? Like why do some of these guys take their job so seriously?

But we did have several cool dudes... The security getting into the fest from acamping was lax.
    Last edited by RAFINGKO; 04-23-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Lurker

Thumbs up Re: security...

Hey guys, remember gotta give some respect to get some. As far as I know there were no serious incidents over the three days. For a community of
    50,000-150,000 people, what city can you say that about over the course of a friday, saturday and a sunday.

As far as we are concerned, all the security people that I saw were friendly and very helpful. I have seen these ProStaff people at other events and they
    know their stuff and are pretty friendly as long as you are not acting like a dufus. Sure they might be a bit older but do you want the inmates running the asylum? I was very impressed. Good job! Much better than last year!

The security lady on the bull-horn at the front gate was really clever and fun when we waited in line.

An event like this needs good security and thankfully the security was great

They had a different security company this year. They were definitely more chill and didn't really care. Some people were even able to go in and out of the campground into the festival.
    Where's Underworld and Mew? Make it happen GV.

i was able to walk right in friday and saturday but on sunday my girlfriend decided to hide our pipe in my backpack. she thought it was smart to put a pipe in a ziplock baggie with hand sanitizer wipes, she packed the baggie full of wipes so you couldnt see the pipe at all. when i got to security the girl opened my bag and pulled out the baggie and she knew something else was in there besides the wipes and she looked at me and asked "what is this" and i replied "a bag of hand wipes?" i knew she saw the pipe and she gave me this weird look and then put it back in my bag and i went in.

Security was good all weekend for me except for the pat down first day getting into the festival. The guy had me roll down my pant legs? I asked, "are you serious? can't you just feel it?" so there I was holding up the line and rolling my pant legs down while he watched. I think he got off on it a bit... but seriously, what would I have in my rolled up pant legs?!
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisskross View Post
    anyone else have security complaints? Place them here?

I got carded 6 times on Saturday alone. I even got carded IN the beer garden while i was buying a drink. What the hell is the use of the wristbands if they card you everytime you try to enter the beer garden.
    i got pulled aside while walking into the beer garden and carded myself. i get carded frequently too and it does get annoying, i just wish people would be nice about it and not get mean with you, i'm going to be 27 in june for crying out loud. but it's not the worst thing that could happen though. i just wish earlier in the festival (like friday or earlier in the days) that they had more people working the ID checks.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

My only complaint is that by the end of the day on Sunday, my crappy Heineken ID band was falling off my damn wrist. That didn't happen last year. Go back to the old adhesive dammit!

I've been sneaking in for years, but I got busted twice this year. The one guy was actually a f'n Marine that chased me out. He was pretty cool about it - but a f'n Marine for chrissake! What are they gonna get next year? Doberman Pinchers?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyking View Post
    I've been sneaking in for years, but I got busted twice this year. The one guy was actually a f'n Marine that chased me out. He was pretty cool about it - but a f'n Marine for chrissake! What are they gonna get next year? Doberman Pinchers?
    not really living up to the username there...
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

next year they'll have some of these

Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyking View Post
    All of the Marines that were at Coachella volunteered their time.
    I'm not 100% sure if they got paid or not but I think it was without pay. For a Marine, any day that you can be off base is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    i did the same F@#$ING thing! i cut mine off from friday and put it on my GF's LEFT arm instead of the right one! i realized what i had done when i got back to the festival on saturday and they asked "right arm please" to put on a new one for me... i'm glad we realized it before she got embarassed at the gate...

-shrugs-

she'll be 21 next coachella too
    i could have sworn i have seen the wristband on either wrist throughout the weekend. security wasnt a problem. The only time I got a second look when entering the beer garden was when I was by the Sahara...which wasnt shocking.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

I brought in a plastic water bottle filled with water. The yellow-shirted guard looks at it, opens it, turns to the blue badged guard next to him and goes, "hey can they bring this in?" The blue guy tells him to smell it. He smells it twice, then gives it to blue and has him smell it. Blue smells it, and gives it to a third security guy, another yellow, interrupting another bag search. He smells it too, and I'm like "Dude, it's water. Come on." That guy shrugs and gives it back to the first yellow guy, and the blue guy says "toss it."

Before I have a chance to open my mouth, he dumps 32 oz. of water into the trash can. Doesn't offer to let me drink it or even dump it on the grass, just dumps it in the garbage.

As I walk through, the yellow guy asks the blue guy what he should do in the future, and blue says "from now on, just smell the bottle, and if it smells like water it's okay but if not, dump it." That made me lol - you just tried that system, genius.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands