Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The End-of-Fest Mini-Riot (sorta)

Default Re: The End-of-Fest Mini-Riot (sorta)

Did I ever say it was a full-on riot?

Get back to me when your reading comprehension tops that of a 3rd grader...mmmkay?
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Climbing on art = dumb
    Pepper spraying people without warning = dumber

I left after the Cure stopped playing, and I'm glad.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

Update:
    A witness who saw me as I was being maced identified the officer who maced me as having a Banning Police Department embroidered badge on the arm of his uniform. If you were maced by an officer but were unable to see which department they belonged to, you should file a complaint with both the Indio Police Department and the Banning Police Department. Here is the contact information for the Banning Police Department.

321 W. Ramsey, Banning, CA 92220
    banningpolice@ci.banning.ca.us
    951-922-3170

In this video you can see the officers arm badges (3:05 to 3:10). Some are Indio Police and some are Banning Police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsjaSgD8xl0

Here are what each of the badges look like:

http://www.indiopd.org/images/ipd-patch-cc.jpg

http://www.banningpolice.org/images/patch.JPG

Banning Police Department Policy and Procedures:
    http://www.banningpolice.org/policy.pdf

The section on oleoresin capsicum spray is on pages 50 - 53 and states:

"308.4 CHEMICAL AGENTS SPRAY GUIDELINES
    Only authorized personnel may possess and maintain department issued oleoresin capsicum spray. Chemical agents are weapons used to minimize the potential for injury to
    officers, offenders, or other persons. They should be used only in situations where such
    force reasonably appears justified and necessary."

"308.4.4 TREATMENT FOR OC SPRAY EXPOSURE
    Persons who have been affected by the use of chemical agents should be promptly
    provided with the proper solution to cleanse the affected areas. Those persons who
    complain of further severe effects shall be afforded a medical examination by competent
    medical personnel.
    308.4.5 REPORT OF USE
    All uses of chemical agents shall be documented in the related arrest/crime report."

Section on filing a complaint is on pages 431-437 and states:

"1020.2.3 ACCEPTANCE OF COMPLAINTS
    A complaint may be filed in person, in writing, or by telephoning the Department."
    Last edited by NicoleL; 04-24-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Yay!!! NicoleL...risking fucking up Coachella for fun & profit!!! Woo-hooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Yay!!! NicoleL...risking fucking up Coachella for fun & profit!!! Woo-hooo!!!!
    Quit misrepresenting the situation. Trying to get the police to apologize for anything is never fun, and she already stated that she wasn't trying to get any money. You know that. You read her posts in the other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupyounger View Post
    I am not impressed. You were trying to prove you were pro-Coachella? Good reason to bang and climb on people's fucking art.
    this.

pro-coachella, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleL View Post
    Update:
    A witness who saw me as I was being maced identified the officer who maced me as having a Banning Police Department embroidered badge on the arm of his uniform. If you were maced by an officer but were unable to see which department they belonged to, you should file a complaint with both the Indio Police Department and the Banning Police Department. Here is the contact information for the Banning Police Department.

321 W. Ramsey, Banning, CA 92220
    banningpolice@ci.banning.ca.us
    951-922-3170

In this video you can see the officers arm badges (3:05 to 3:10). Some are Indio Police and some are Banning Police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsjaSgD8xl0

Here are what each of the badges look like:

http://www.indiopd.org/images/ipd-patch-cc.jpg

http://www.banningpolice.org/images/patch.JPG

Banning Police Department Policy and Procedures:
    http://www.banningpolice.org/policy.pdf

The section on oleoresin capsicum spray is on pages 50 - 53 and states:

"308.4 CHEMICAL AGENTS SPRAY GUIDELINES
    Only authorized personnel may possess and maintain department issued oleoresin capsicum spray. Chemical agents are weapons used to minimize the potential for injury to
    officers, offenders, or other persons. They should be used only in situations where such
    force reasonably appears justified and necessary."

"308.4.4 TREATMENT FOR OC SPRAY EXPOSURE
    Persons who have been affected by the use of chemical agents should be promptly
    provided with the proper solution to cleanse the affected areas. Those persons who
    complain of further severe effects shall be afforded a medical examination by competent
    medical personnel.
    308.4.5 REPORT OF USE
    All uses of chemical agents shall be documented in the related arrest/crime report."

Section on filing a complaint is on pages 431-437 and states:

"1020.2.3 ACCEPTANCE OF COMPLAINTS
    A complaint may be filed in person, in writing, or by telephoning the Department."
    you got maced, don't climb on the art work from now on (or hang out with loiters).
    welcome to coachella.
    Last edited by lurker_with_a_bush; 04-26-2009 at 12:46 PM.

NicoleL -

Did you require medical attention?
    Did you go to the hospital?
    Did you have any monetary expenses due to the incident?
    Did you take photos of your injuries?

These are all things a judge would want to know in the case of a lawsuit.

I'm SO glad the cops are there to tackle naked guys and pepper spray girls who loiter too long. It makes my weekend more enjoyable.
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

Does anyone else find it absolutely fucking hilarious that THE CURE stared a mini-riot, yet nothing happened after Rage Against The Machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Kinda confusing huh?

Really I wouldn't say the Cure started the "riot" though. It was more about a bunch of dumbasses that didn't want the party to end, and didn't have enough sense to leave the polo field when asked to do so.

Yeah, in '99 Rage fans burned banners in the fields during RATM's set, but when the lights came on and it was time to go, they left. Funny when they played again, everyone was afraid of the "bad element" that would show up. Turns out they were more respectful than a lot of the pop music fans. Go figure.

If they had pepper sprayed Rage fans they wouldn't get a couple of lawsuits that's for sure.
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

They probably wouldn't have bothered with pepper spray on them...they would have gone straight to tear-gas & rubber bullets like they did at the Staples Center riots back in 2000. I was there too.

Why are people hung up on the word "riot"? This was far from a riot.

Well, my last use of the word "riot" was in reference to an actual riot. The one before that had quotation marks around it to indicate that I think the Coachella thing was far from a riot. Thought you could manage to get that.

In my experience, when the last band plays the last song, you leave. A person could have used a gigantic bag to dispose of all the douches in this video.
    (makitron from the old board)

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CAMPING NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Problem solved!!

Infact security told us to get wild cause it was our last night. Party didnt stop till about 4:20 in the morning......hmmmm.

As far as the so called "mini-riot", i would have to hear what the artist has to say, because it could go either way.

Pepper spraying people in this kind of non-violent situation, without any kind of warning is not acceptable, if you don't agree then your obviously a very bitter human being and take pleasure out of the mis-fortune of others.

I believe thats SubBass' issue. If he is infact a "teacher" then whether he wants to admit it or not, he feels he's smarter than all of us. Therefor, he looks at a video like this and misinterprits a crowds good time, for barbaric ritualistics. Basically viewing all those in participation as insignificant creatures....... am i pretty much on the money here buddy?
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    I believe thats SubBass' issue. If he is infact a "teacher" then whether he wants to admit it or not, he feels he's smarter than all of us. Therefor, he looks at a video like this and misinterprits a crowds good time, for barbaric ritualistics. Basically viewing all those in participation as insignificant creatures....... am i pretty much on the money here buddy?
    Not even close, but thanks for playing.

Well, my last use of the word "riot" was in reference to an actual riot. The one before that had quotation marks around it to indicate that I think the Coachella thing was far from a riot. Thought you could manage to get that.
    Ok, we agree it wasnt a riot. So if its not a riot, then what justification does anyone have to use mace on that crowd?

Either its a riot and authorities can mace the crowd to make them disperse, or its not a riot and all the people that were maced have a right to be pissed about the fact?

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Ok, we agree it wasnt a riot. So if its not a riot, then what justification does anyone have to use mace on that crowd?

Either its a riot and authorities can mace the crowd to make them disperse, or its not a riot and all the people that were maced have a right to be pissed about the fact?
    just to nit pick .... a woman can spray a man who is trying to attact her and that isnt a riot ..... so spray is not confined only to riot situations .... ask rodney lol ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Ever watch Operacion Repo? They mace people when they act like asses.

Ever see a cop break up a one-on-one fight? They mace people when they act like asses.

Ever see a person attacked by a pitbull? They often mace the animal.

None of those situations have jack shit to do with a riot, but they are all legit uses of mace and/or pepper spray.

(you)

All of those examples you provided include hostile people or animals. Ive yet to see you provide a good argument for the use of mace in this situation.

All i see is name calling to hide your shitty argument.

total asshat factory

If you're one of "those" people, then go fuck yourself.
    If you have a brain cell or two in your empty fucking head,
    Fucking mob-mentality dipshit.

Baaaaaa!!! Coachell-baaaaaaaa!!! Baaaaaaa!!! Baaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Coachell-baaaaaaaa!!!
    I called these people Woodstock 99 REJECTS.

Does that sound very intelligent to you? Really? Because it sounds fucking MORONIC to me.

It's called acting with some common fucking sense & decency.
    they don't know how to fucking act like grown-ups. They have to go and fuck things up for everyone else.

Personally I blame it on the spoiled-ass "mommy & daddy will fix all of my mistakes for me" society that we're trending towards. But that's just me.
    Please fuck up Coachella for the rest of us non-idiots. We'll really appreciate that.
    Get back to me when your reading comprehension tops that of a 3rd grader...mmmkay?
    It was more about a bunch of dumbasses that didn't want the party to end

(you)
    lol.
    Last edited by digitaldragon03; 04-28-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Are you seriously comparing this to Woodstock 99? The people at Woodstock 99 were hostile towards the police. They were throwing shit at the authorities, they were burning structures, they were raping people.

People in the shrine were chanting, jumping, and drumming on the walls, not trying to attack anybody. There was absolutely NO police presence until they started macing people. Once i saw 3 cops come in one of the entrances with their batons, i walked out the opposite side, as did everyone else. Apparently, there were a few people who walked out the wrong side and got maced for no reason. You obviously were not there to see that NOT ONE PERSON was being hostile to the authorities or each other.
    Coachella will never be a woodstock, we are Californias and we don't care enough about anything to act like a Woodstock, the only reason we Riot is when we get a chance to steal stuff

digitaldragon...you sure do spend a lot of time on this whole argument. lol...not making much ground either. Time to give up and recognize that no one person has all the answers?

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

After the Cure I saw the people having a drum circle on the walls of the shrine but walked by. The fact it was religiously themed and art makes it two things you probably shouldn't be banging on and climbing on, it's not yours nor part of some annoymous corporate entity but art. The fact the booklet we got described the artist collecting objects for his shrine over 20 years makes it seem a bit crass to treat it that way. I like coachella because portapoties don't get overturned and lit on fire but the extent of discontent typically doesn't go further than music nerds grumbling about Death Cab's set. That being said sorry they couldn't get people to leave more peacably and try to ask. It sounds like they handled it poorly and didn't try to ask the people to leave but quickly resorted to mace. I hope the city doesn't view this as even more reason to hold to the midnight noise ordinance for the show but I feel for the people that had such a traumatic ending to the festival.
    Last edited by Hawkings; 04-28-2009 at 09:50 PM.
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance