Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The End-of-Fest Mini-Riot (sorta)

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Default The End-of-Fest Mini-Riot (sorta)

I started this thread cuz I have a pretty great 10 minute video I shot of it all thats upping to Youtube even as we speak.

Anyone else get any great footage or pics last night of this?
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Default Re: The End-of-Fest Mini-Riot (sorta)

you have to tell the story now for all 40,000 of us who missed it

Wat riot!
    If you see me dancing.......join in!

So after they finally cut off The Cure, were all heading to the exits.

But the problem is that no one wants to go home yet.

So this happens....

I got the cops breaking it up too, but not the part where they (allegedly) broke out the pepper spray.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

^Weakedt F'ing riot ever!....but I think Coachella goers are way to peaceful for this kind of acted.
    If you see me dancing.......join in!

Not really a riot.

Are any of you guys reading the headline before complaining that there werent like overturned cars on fire and shit?

I was maced directly in the eyes at close range by a police officer at the time that this footage was taken. I was standing close to the building on the opposite side from where the video was taken, so unfortunately there is no footage of the officer who sprayed me, but I can hear my scream toward the end of the video. I was just standing there when I felt a hand on my shoulder, turned around and saw the officer, and got an eye full of mace. I was not doing anything that would justify being maced and would have been happy to leave if the police or event staff had asked us to. I spent the next 2 hours unable to open my eyes and in EXTREME pain. The spray made direct contact with my eyes and also got in my mouth and I breathed it in. It is still on my skin and hair and when I try to wash it off it spreads and burns. The video shows that there was no warning from police and no indication from event staff that they wanted us to leave. Ironically, they immobilized me and anyone else who was maced so that we could not leave independently. This was inappropriately aggressive and completely unnecessary. I am filing an official complaint with the Indio police department and encourage anyone else who was a victim or a witness to do the same. If anyone has further video, accounts of the police activity, or badge numbers/names of the officers please post them! Also, if anyone knows how I can get the mace off of my hair, skin and clothes without spreading it around, please post your suggestions! I tried shampoo and milk and they both made it worse. This was an unfortunate end to an otherwise peaceful and successful festival.
    Thank you!

Indio Police Department:
    http://www.indiopd.org/contact.htm
    Administrative Officer / Public Relations: Benjamin Guitron bguitron@indiopd.org
    Chief's Office: (760) 391-4030
    http://www.policeabuse.com/index.php...orms&formid=64

Oh man Nicoloe, Im sorry to hear that.
    I heard rumors of mace but didnt see anything.
    I CAN say that they roughed us out of the area with no warning, but thats when the video gets shakey and I didnt get it unfortunately as I was RIGHT in their path at the time.

MY FRIEND GOT MACED TOO!

Everybody was having a great time in that temple, chanting "coachella!", jumping up and down, just celebrating the weekend and not wanting to go home, and all of a sudden I was yanked out by a guard. Ok, fine, no biggy, time to go home. Then I walk around to find my friend and he grabs my water and throws it in his face, and his eyes are all blood red, and face looked all red too. Some other guy tells me he got pepper sprayed by a cop. This was completely unnecessary, as nobody was being violent. It totally ruined the end of the weekend for our group, since the last thing that happened at coachella was us trying to take care of our fucked up friend who got sprayed by some power trippin pig. I seriously hope somebody got his fuckin name or badge number.

oh, and i have some pics and video of the party before it got broken up that ill post in a bit.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I am not impressed. You were trying to prove you were pro-Coachella? Good reason to bang and climb on people's fucking art.
    '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09!

I dunno, that thing had some good acoustics. I think it was meant to be banged on.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupyounger View Post
    I am not impressed. You were trying to prove you were pro-Coachella? Good reason to bang and climb on people's fucking art.
    Agreed. Seriously guys, no one wants Coachella to end, but that gives you no excuse to terrorize some ones art like that. Honestly, if I was the owner of that piece of art and saw all of you jumping up and down and banging on it I probably would have had anyone do anything to get you off it! Common sense people!!
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

WTF are you people talking about? the house was pretty sturdy and was not being damaged. it was just some people having some fun. get off your high horses.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

they did that on saturday night too, and i remember thinking they were just fucking up that dudes art piece

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupyounger View Post
    This.

Everyone with an ounce of sense knows that Coachella ends at a certain time, and then you leave. I've seen drunken people puking as I left before, but never a total asshat factory like this video.

If you're one of "those" people, then go fuck yourself. Seriously. People like you are what get festivals cancelled...and you make the rest of us look bad. Do us all a favor and dont come back next year.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRcube View Post
    they did that on saturday night too, and i remember thinking they were just fucking up that dudes art piece
    ...you never fuck, with someones art.
    www.myspace.com/classiccult420

Quote Originally Posted by BUSY P View Post
    classic cult is numero uno

I saw this walking out of the Cure, and kept going. Didn't look too interesting. This was at around 12:45 ish, did anything happen after that?

Only hippies would riot without setting someone else's property on fire.

Lame.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    This.

Everyone with an ounce of sense knows that Coachella ends at a certain time, and then you leave. I've seen drunken people puking as I left before, but never a total asshat factory like this video.

If you're one of "those" people, then go fuck yourself. Seriously. People like you are what get festivals cancelled...and you make the rest of us look bad. Do us all a favor and dont come back next year.
    Eat a dick. I guess everyone has an ounce of sense except Paul McCartney, The Cure, and Prince because they didnt stop when the festival was "supposed" to stop.

The people that made that art piece probably thought it was awesome that this single structure united the Coachella crowd in their own music. Look at the booklet, the art piece is suppose to be a place for inspiration an self expression. The crowd self expressed themselves by rocking the shit out of the final 15 minutes of the festival.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I didn't partake but watched from afar. Another boardie and I hung out on the grounds until we had to leave, albeit very reluctantly.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    The people that made that art piece probably thought it was awesome that this single structure united the Coachella crowd in their own music.
    Are you joking? If we were to take a vote on the SINGLE structure that unites a Coachella crowd, I don't think it would be that art piece. It was a shitty thing to do, no matter how you want to justify it.
    '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09!

love the festival and all it stands for....dumbasses standing around when its time to go banging on someones work is not cool. Sorry, FAIL!

i'm surprised a riot didn't erupt during the leave in saturday's parking lot
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChoi View Post
    One thing I do need to get off my chest

Apologies to Freddy Prinze Jr for Cursing him out in 2012 when all that chaos unfolded.. I was a total prick to you and I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Eat a dick. I guess everyone has an ounce of sense except Paul McCartney, The Cure, and Prince because they didnt stop when the festival was "supposed" to stop.

The people that made that art piece probably thought it was awesome that this single structure united the Coachella crowd in their own music. Look at the booklet, the art piece is suppose to be a place for inspiration an self expression. The crowd self expressed themselves by rocking the shit out of the final 15 minutes of the festival.
    First off, no thanks on the dick eating...don't wanna encroach on your territory.

Second the ARTISTS have every right to be there after the show...THEY WERE PERFORMING. If you have a brain cell or two in your empty fucking head, you know that WHEN THE SHOW IS OVER you leave. Yeah...fine...wanna run around and chant theres nothing wrong with that long as you're headed for the exit.

You wanna act like a Woodstock '99 reject and bang on people's artwork that (obviously) took a long time to create? Don't bitch and moan that someone manhandled you or sprayed pepper spray at you then. Act like an asshole, get treated like an asshole.

You wanna explain how I was able to manage going to this show for the past 10 fucking years without even once getting into a fight, getting yoked up by security, getting arrested, or getting pepper-sprayed? It's because I act with some fucking decency.

Fucking mob-mentality dipshit.

Baaaaaa!!! Coachell-baaaaaaaa!!! Baaaaaaa!!! Baaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Coachell-baaaaaaaa!!!
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

i got a 3 and a half minute movie of this. Once i get it up on the youtubes, i'll post it here. i did not see any of the pepper spraying and it is not on my video. i stopped shooting after the cops cleared people away from the structure. It seemed like good tribal fun. Some knuckleheads went too far and climbed up it (if you fell something tells me you wouldn't just say "Ah it's cool GV. I'll take care of my own medical bills and won't sue you because it was my own fault i'm a moron.").

its over people, go home, get out.

Lurker

Damn Nicole' sorry to hear it happened to you too, and mfnalaska, I can't believe they dragged someone down and took them out, I guess I was lucky (?)

I posted another thread seeing if anyone esle got sprayed here.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1169868

And everyone "Riot" is a Real stretch to the festival goers it was more like a huge drum circle.

-Peace
    NWK
    Last edited by NappyWhiteKid; 04-21-2009 at 07:41 AM.

lowfront

how about the dome take over sunday night camping?

that was some funny shit

"to the dome!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    First off, no thanks on the dick eating...don't wanna encroach on your territory.

Second the ARTISTS have every right to be there after the show...THEY WERE PERFORMING. If you have a brain cell or two in your empty fucking head, you know that WHEN THE SHOW IS OVER you leave. Yeah...fine...wanna run around and chant theres nothing wrong with that long as you're headed for the exit.

You wanna act like a Woodstock '99 reject and bang on people's artwork that (obviously) took a long time to create? Don't bitch and moan that someone manhandled you or sprayed pepper spray at you then. Act like an asshole, get treated like an asshole.

You wanna explain how I was able to manage going to this show for the past 10 fucking years without even once getting into a fight, getting yoked up by security, getting arrested, or getting pepper-sprayed? It's because I act with some fucking decency.

Fucking mob-mentality dipshit.

Baaaaaa!!! Coachell-baaaaaaaa!!! Baaaaaaa!!! Baaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Coachell-baaaaaaaa!!!
    Are you seriously comparing this to Woodstock 99? The people at Woodstock 99 were hostile towards the police. They were throwing shit at the authorities, they were burning structures, they were raping people.

People in the shrine were chanting, jumping, and drumming on the walls, not trying to attack anybody. There was absolutely NO police presence until they started macing people. Once i saw 3 cops come in one of the entrances with their batons, i walked out the opposite side, as did everyone else. Apparently, there were a few people who walked out the wrong side and got maced for no reason. You obviously were not there to see that NOT ONE PERSON was being hostile to the authorities or each other.