Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeah Yeah Yeah and the asshole fans!!!

Question Yeah Yeah Yeah and the asshole fans!!!

Was I the only one who almost got squeezed to death by all the fans rushing to the front. I was there since Okkervile River dying from the sun.. and you see this little punks trying to squeeze through. I never use my size to my advantage because I know how it feels to be the liitle guy, but this time fuck them!!

Some girl next to me alomst died from a heat stroke while on X.. it was some crazy shit during the set.. still love te YYY!!!

Default Re: Yeah Yeah Yeah and the asshole fans!!!

Let me guess, the pushy types were teenagers?

i'll tell you what happened. There was a group of people on ecstacy that were just pushing everybody that was around them and acting all stupid and so people just ended up going with it because if you cant beat em join em and started dancing around too. Some people didn't want any part of it and let them push forward some just went with it.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by victhebrick21 View Post
    Some girl next to me alomst died from a heat stroke while on X.
    this is why people shouldn't do drugs.
    The White Stripes 9/18

That must have happened in the middle. I was on the left side of the stage and although people got a little pushy at the end, I wasn't that annoyed and I hate being at the rail because of that very reason. Great set though. She is so cute!

I was with a bunch of boardies in front of the sound booth, & I had plenty of personal space, thankfully. Same for MBV. Wasn't aware there was such a mess closer to the front.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    this is why people shouldn't do drugs.
    Less of a blanket statement would be "this is why people shouldn't do hard drugs that dehydrate you under the 100-degree desert sun."
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

I think that as Karen O continues to go more commercial as she gets older, she will lose these immature druggy brats.
    Can someone give me a critique of the performance, for those of us not there?

It was a fun set, but nothing spectacular. I love the YYYs on record, but for some reason, I wasn't feeling it as much at Coachella. Maybe I was overly excited for My Bloody Valentine and The Cure next...

I completely agree about the asshole fans. I was getting shoved and prodded and squashed for almost the entire set. Even during Morrissey and McCartney, the crowd eventually got more respectful of each other. What brats.

I was on the left side right next to the rail were it happened and when the set was over.. a rush of MBV fans just poored in squeezing this teen chick which was sick already from all the drugs she already ingested!!

im pissed I didnt get an eye ball!!

Odd. The right side of the stage was exactly the opposite (which I totally was not expecting). I even had plenty of room to move around and get pictures.

I was near the front, and for the first couple of songs people were pushing up and we were squeezed in really bad. After a while though a nice little space cleared up and I managed to move up a little, somehow. I wish people didn't snatch the eyeballs so quickly. They could of at least waited until the end of the song.

I was right next to kroqken on the rail and had been there since the knux. For the first 3 or so songs it was terrible but once it settled down I had enough room to enjoy myself. The push for mbv was actually worse.

Quote Originally Posted by victhebrick21 View Post
    im pissed I didnt get an eye ball!!
    That was disappointing, I wanted to see some flying eyeballs! The stage hands looked like they had fun tossing them into the crowd.

I'm just glad I can come to Coachella and not have dozens of girls sitting on their boyfriends' shoulders blocking everyone's view. It's difficult enough to contend with tall people and people with huge hats or big hair
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

I think i know the pushy people you were talking about. I was almost knocked over by this train of what appeared to be drugged out teenagers with face paint leaving the yeah yeah yeahs set on the left hand side near the front.

but to single out this set for pushy assholes, would be a mistake. many sets had idiots like this, the worst i experienced was Etienne. there were more douche bags around me in that set than i think anywhere else i expeirenced in the festival. maybe its just where i was standing, but they were pushy, loud, acted like every dumb quip they had was gold, and overreacted to everything on stage to the point where i left after 20 minutes (though honestly the whole squares thing got old, fast. atleast for me.)

There was a guy on the front guy that was REALLY REALLY drugged out and kept running into everyone. Some guy got him in a headlock, and three or so other guys carried him out, and our whole area started cheering.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    There was a guy on the front guy that was REALLY REALLY drugged out and kept running into everyone. Some guy got him in a headlock, and three or so other guys carried him out, and our whole area started cheering.
    I seen at least 4 people get drag out during the set.. people were fucked up by drugs and pushing!!

serves you right for being a yyy's fan.

I loved the YYY's set and didn't run into any really pushy people from the front. I thought they were fantastic and any pushing or shoving that may have gone on during their set was completely worth it to get a good spot to get your ass kicked an hour later by that sonic holocaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid B View Post
    I loved the YYY's set and didn't run into any really pushy people from the front. I thought they were fantastic and any pushing or shoving that may have gone on during their set was completely worth it to get a good spot to get your ass kicked an hour later by that sonic holocaust.
    Yea the Holocaust fucked me up... what an experience!!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post

... the worst i experienced was Etienne. there were more douche bags around me in that set than i think anywhere else i expeirenced in the festival. maybe its just where i was standing, but they were pushy, loud, acted like every dumb quip they had was gold, and overreacted to everything on stage to the point where i left after 20 minutes...
    Were you at the Crystal Castles set? I can't imagine anything being worse than that in both the crowd and the awful performance.

I didn't have much of a problem at the YYY's. I was on the right side near the front. people pushed and stuff but I was around a group of people that didn't really budge so it didn't matter. However the teenage girls squealing every time Karen O blinked were a bit obnoxious. However they cleared out faster than you could say Hot Topic when they ended allowing my friend and I to get front and center for MBV so it all worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs was not as bad as Beatroots so chillz

Quote Originally Posted by gemee View Post
    I think that as Karen O continues to go more commercial as she gets older, she will lose these immature druggy brats.
    Can someone give me a critique of the performance, for those of us not there?
    This is my third time seeing the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and i've got to say i was disappointed. I know their new album is a new direction for the band and I'm always one who encourages exploring new ground (unless your bands name happens to be The Ramones) but the new material is just flat, and her perfomance jsut seems lacking. It was an ok performance, but you could actually see her trying to keep her energy down. I wasn't impressed and won't be seeing them anytime soon.

Oh yeah and Karen O if you're reading this: see P J Harvey's Stories from the City Stories from the Sea, if you want to learn how to mature into a reputable artist.
    I miss Bill Hicks.

I did think that their set was a bit safe. I really wanted to hear "Art Star". However "Human Fly" was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

There were a bunch of assholes on Friday, I dunno what that was about.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChoi View Post
    One thing I do need to get off my chest

Apologies to Freddy Prinze Jr for Cursing him out in 2012 when all that chaos unfolded.. I was a total prick to you and I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    I think i know the pushy people you were talking about. I was almost knocked over by this train of what appeared to be drugged out teenagers with face paint leaving the yeah yeah yeahs set on the left hand side near the front.

but to single out this set for pushy assholes, would be a mistake. many sets had idiots like this, the worst i experienced was Etienne. there were more douche bags around me in that set than i think anywhere else i expeirenced in the festival. maybe its just where i was standing, but they were pushy, loud, acted like every dumb quip they had was gold, and overreacted to everything on stage to the point where i left after 20 minutes (though honestly the whole squares thing got old, fast. atleast for me.)
    i agree 100% about the edc crowd, but i thought the yyys had some bad ones too. im pretty sure i know who the first couple posters are talking about when they mentioned the x'd out group of teens that were just being annoying as hell, then later that night i see them push there way to front of groove armada. luckily they pushed there way past me to the far right of sahara stage.

its a GA concert. its to be expected. especially in the front

Quote Originally Posted by hendrixfan143 View Post
    its a GA concert. its to be expected. especially in the front
    This is what I was thinking. I've lost a few pairs of glasses back in the day because I wanted to go up front, you learn to deal with the shoving if you want to be on the rail.