Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: My Bloody Valentine

Default Re: My Bloody Valentine

THANK YOU GV, for bringing My Bloody Valentine to Coachella even though you didn't have the "scoop" on them this time. I know they will never come to Phoenix, and I can't really justify traveling to see them, but because of GV, I got to see them at Coachella, and I am damn glad I did. AMAZING. And Bilinda had the sweetest, most passive look on her face the entire time MBV were destroying our eardrums. She just looks so sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    THANK YOU GV, for bringing My Bloody Valentine to Coachella even though you didn't have the "scoop" on them this time. I know they will never come to Phoenix, and I can't really justify traveling to see them, but because of GV, I got to see them at Coachella, and I am damn glad I did. AMAZING. And Bilinda had the sweetest, most passive look on her face the entire time MBV were destroying our eardrums. She just looks so sweet!
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by gooftroop View Post
    Hands down the most amazing set of the weekend. McCartney was great and played the classics but for sheer musicianship and sonic amazement MBV stole the show for me. I was in total awe, I want to go to APW now just for them they were that good. Fucking incredible. Several of my friends were on the fence about it but afterwards they too were convinced it was one of the best shows of the weekend. Kudos to them for being so fucking good.
    we are now thinking about going to APW for that as well. Just sat though

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    we are now thinking about going to APW for that as well. Just sat though
    Glad you are now a convert friend. Definitely the highlight of Sunday, if not the entire fest. Still can hardly get over it.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

THAT WAS THE LOADEST ONE NOTE EVER!!!! IT WAS LIKE 10-14 MINUTES LONG! NO JOKE...
    [B]Darthlaker

15:31 to be exact. Part 3 of YMMR in HD is done, will post when viewable

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    lol at trying to boo MBV....
    You do NOT boo My Bloody Valentine. That last song (You Made Me Realize) should be our National Motherfucking Anthem. All those pussies should be made to stand with their hands over their hearts (saluting if they're in uniform) while it plays.

It should be played at baseball games and every other sporting event. It should be blasted at full fucking volume at presidential elections.

If you don't get it, fine. That's fine. Yeah, the fifteen minute sonic blast was almost too much for a die-hard fan like me to take when I saw them at Santa Monica Civic (believe me, in a closed arena, you wouldn't have survived if you weren't a true fan) but I laughed the whole time at people who were grimacing in pain. Hehehehe eat that, Jack Johnson fans!

Cheers,

-m

Part 3!

Coachella Junkie

I dont understand why anyone would even try to boo MBV. Kevin will just counter your booing with an even louder guitar riff that will put your boo to shame. He will win, you will lose.

Very crisp and clear video, Supre. Best I've seen so far of YMMR live.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Thanks, if you want better sound look at my video list, the non hd ones sound better.

Last one!

Oh god. That was one of the best shows I've ever seen. MBV make complete and total sense to me now. That was probably the most immersive concert experiences I've ever gone through, sonically, visually, and emotionally. Everything about it seemed to be drawing me in deeper and deeper into another world. Also, Bilinda is one of the scariest people I've ever seen.

My buddy who was at the Santa Monica show said afterwards that a bunch of ambulances showed up because multiple people had seizures due to the sound/lights. It was an epic Coachella show and I hope my hearing returns soon.

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    you do realize that with the right earplugs that the music can sound better, clearer?

nice that you can joke about being deaf now, but you won't be laughing once the ringing in your ears is permanent. enjoy it!
    Totally, I loved MBV, had to see them, and loved the performance. I put earplugs in for the 15min 'wall of sound' and was laughing during it, enjoying the strange white noise/light taken to extreme but now feel stupid, i swear when i wake up now i have a bit of permanent ringing. I think even with earplugs it caused damage. I wish i would have left for the end instead of wanting to experience it, the lifetime of even 5% hearing loss isn't worth the surreal experience of that 15 minutes, for me.
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Oh god. That was one of the best shows I've ever seen. MBV make complete and total sense to me now. That was probably the most immersive concert experiences I've ever gone through, sonically, visually, and emotionally. Everything about it seemed to be drawing me in deeper and deeper into another world. Also, Bilinda is one of the scariest people I've ever seen.
    You obviously didn't stay for The Cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    Actually, the scariest looking person at Coachella for me had to have been that Robert Smith 'clone' I saw as I entered the fields on Sunday and later saw in front of me for MBV. You know that black suit and make-up had to be sucking during the mid-day heat! Anyone got a pic?

i fell in love with bilinda. she told me the feeling was mutual but could never work out cause she's too busy being the most awesome woman in the world and i'm too busy writing about her on the interwebs.

sigh
    BLESS UP
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    You should look into glitch hop.

well MBV is right up there .... cr****

British punk band Gallows allegedly broke Manowar's previous record for loudest band in the world, claiming to have achieved 132.5 dB; however, this record was claimed in an isolated studio environment as opposed to live.[12]

[edit] Other dates
    Other previous record holders include Deep Purple (117 decibels), Iron Maiden (1985 Guinness World Book of Records), The Rolling Stones, Motörhead, AC/DC, My Bloody Valentine (132 decibels), and KISS (120 decibels). Although it has never been made official, some reports suggest that New York noise rock band, Swans reached 140 decibels at some gigs.[13][14]
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

ooooooohhh,

You MBV fans must be soooo special,,,, you guys GET it! I bow down to your ability to GET it, when we lowly music mortals need our music to be more easily palatable.

Idiots!

Stick your head in a fucking blender, that's a truly spiritual experience. You MBV fans are too busy GETting it to see how stupid you're being! It's like you're cult being brainwashed, which could easily be the case since there's probably tons of subliminal messages behind the noise.

I have a serious question: Have any of you MBV fans been to a bad MBV show? Honestly? How is that possible? What makes a bad MBV show bad?

Quote Originally Posted by zediac View Post
    ooooooohhh,

You MBV fans must be soooo special,,,, you guys GET it! I bow down to your ability to GET it, when we lowly music mortals need our music to be more easily palatable.

Idiots!

Stick your head in a fucking blender, that's a truly spiritual experience. You MBV fans are too busy GETting it to see how stupid you're being! It's like you're cult being brainwashed, which could easily be the case since there's probably tons of subliminal messages behind the noise.

I have a serious question: Have any of you MBV fans been to a bad MBV show? Honestly? How is that possible? What makes a bad MBV show bad?
    Your post makes absolutely no sense. This was the first MBV show and had ever seen and I loved it. I don't understand what you mean that I was too busy "getting it" because I was just enjoying it and taking in the wall of sound. It (to me) really was a spiritual experience. If (for you) that is sticking your head in a fucking blender well that speaks volumes for you.

If you didn't like it that's fine, I can completely understand people not liking MBV, as they push the music envelope for a lot of people. When music connects with me it is a gutteral feeling, I am not trying to enjoy something just so I can feel "cooler" or "better" than others that "don't get it." I just know what I feel, so please don't try and call me brainwashed or an elitist snob because I truly loved and connected with what I felt to be one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. You just sound like an asshole.

MBV is seriously making me consider going to APW I liked them so much.
    Last edited by gooftroop; 04-23-2009 at 12:40 PM.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

I have to admit I didn't really care either way about the wall of sound/holocaust part.

If you really thought that the "wall of sound" was amazing, then at least admit that you would also enjoy standing right in front of a jet engine. For that matter you should listen to all your songs with the TV on the static channel at full blast, you'll probably like it more.

Also, I'm sure none of you MBV fans care about the fact that you ruined the Public Enemy show for anyone who wasn't in the front for them.

You said you enjoyed it huh? Well I hope its worth not being able to have a conversation with your grandchildren. Were they trying to set a record for loudest show? That's as infantile as Spinal Tap's "They all go to 11".

I have to admit I didn't really care either way about the wall of sound/holocaust part.
    Why by no means something I necessarily enjoyed sonically it ranks among one of the most surreal and ridiculous musical experiences I have ever had. Having seen thousands of concerts in my life this show really did tower above most. For being unique and so memorable I give huge kudos to this band of for GV brining them to us.

YYY's -> MBV was truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    I saw a lot of the Cure and did not find it as amazing as MBV, but I had seen them before. Great mainstage lineup on sunday.

Hooked since '06

If you really thought that the "wall of sound" was amazing, then at least admit that you would also enjoy standing right in front of a jet engine. For that matter you should listen to all your songs with the TV on the static channel at full blast, you'll probably like it more.

Also, I'm sure none of you MBV fans care about the fact that you ruined the Public Enemy show for anyone who wasn't in the front for them.

You said you enjoyed it huh? Well I hope its worth not being able to have a conversation with your grandchildren. Were they trying to set a record for loudest show? That's as infantile as Spinal Tap's "They all go to 11".
    No, because their is no variance and artistry in the sound of jet engine or TV static. You mentioning this speaks volumes about you. Also the wall of sound was essentially a bridge in part of a MBV song I really like, so once they brought it back home I was blown away. And they only ran about 5-10 minutes into PE so don't be such a drama queen.

And the show was not too loud as I was standing a good ways back and put earplugs in when I felt it was needed. I guarantee this was no where close to their loudest show.

And btw...please respect other's musical opinions. /communication
    Last edited by gooftroop; 04-23-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Hooked since '06

ooooooohhh,

Idiots!

I only wish I could see MBV enough times to pick one of their shows out as being bad. That is really the best part about them being at Coachella. They are impossible to see for most of us who don't live anywhere near a big city. Personally, I think it makes way less sense to find something to enjoy about Crystal Castles. I can't say enough about how disappointing they were. MBV on the other hand was exactly everything I'd hoped they would be.
    Nothing would be better than a Smiths reunion.

I really like "You Made Me Realise" as a song by itself (and all the other songs), but I stood and patiently waited through the holocaust for the end of it just to see what it was all about. I don't remember hearing any "chimes" or "birds," but watching/hearing them kick right back in to finish the song was rather astounding.

I love the people who are adamant about the fact that we are stupid for liking them. Especially when there were two other bands playing and you could have easily seen the Horrors or Christopher Lawrence, or, y'know, gotten food or gone to the record tent or gone to the Do Lab or the Dome or checked out some art or socialized with friends or had some beers or margaritas or wine or you could have read a book or all sorts of things.

Why'd you watch it if you hated it? You can leave...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

my wife liked the MBV set but didn't like the holocaust part either....

Also, for the record, I've seen MBV 5 times and they've been uniformly fantastic. ATP was actually my least favorite set from a purely musical level, despite being my favorite for a bevy of other reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****