Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bloody Valentine

Default Re: My Bloody Valentine

i still cant fucking hear. jesus
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStranger979 View Post
    Did anyone else see Bilinda and Debbie standing on the left side of the main stage watching The Cure? My friend and I couldn't believe it as we walked up to them before "100 years" started and got their autographs. They were both really nice and Bilinda is even more beautiful in person. Debbie gave me her pick and even thanked us for coming to the show. I was like...WTF thank you for being so awesome. It was epic.
    Good lord. I'm jealous!
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    i still cant fucking hear. jesus
    Yup. My right ear in particular has been having some angry discussions with me all day.

Quote Originally Posted by eturnol View Post
    MBV were amazing. Much better than when they came to LA last year. The sound was loud, but not so loud that I had to wear earplugs the entire time. I heard so much more detail this time, and loved every minute of it. Definitely one of the best sets of the weekend.
    I kinda disagree, enjoyed the Civic center more. Was able to really drown in the sound there, felt a bit distracted in the field. And wasn't the lighting better indoors? I mean I needed earplugs, AND sunglasses at the civic.
    Either way - AMAZING! Band, album, live, always.

Loved that they were killing the main stage, and I was enjoying it all the way in the Outdoor food court. Also wish my friends weren't such pussies and I stayed closer to the stage... but damn that was some good jambalaya.

Best live band at Coachella!

they destroyed everything....good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    I didn't use the earplugs once.

I chucked 'em into the crowd during the holocaust and loved every second of it.

Just wish they'd played Blown A Wish
    I did the same. I wanted to experience the holocaust fully so I threw my eagplugs up front. I was basically right behind supre's spot he was filming from. They were amazing. Afterwards I just kept yelling "HOLY FUCK!" because it was so unreal.

let me just start off saying that i'm a huge valentines fan. i have a fuckin poster of the ymmr ep cover hanging above my bed! i saw them 3 times in '92, last year in San Fran,both shows here in Santa Monica and i'm going to see them next week in Seattle. They are probably my all time favorite band. The show at coachella was good but it did suffer from a couple sound problems. I was standing about 35 feet directly in line with the left main speakers and it seems like they cut off a few times{??} and the vocals were a little too low. Also the volume honestly was not even close to the recent LA or SF shows. When i saw them back in '92 they played in much smaller venues and it was unfunkinbeleivable how powerful it was. YMMR use to be over 25 minutes long!!! and most people had to walk out or to the rear of the club. If you guys ever have a chance to see them in a regular venue you'll see what i mean...overall i did thoroughly enjoy them and cant wait for next week.

a CV expat, now in the San Joaquin Valley

Quote Originally Posted by mindcradle View Post
    I had to walk to the rail up front to be as close to the speakers as possible. What a beautiful ending...Fuck earplugs!
    exactly. who wears ear plugs seriously? it's like saying, "oh i would like only a quarter of the quarter pounder. i just can't handle the whole thing."

that is like not turning the amp up to "11" and leaving it at a "5".

granted it isn't the wisest thing to do, but why play it safe with only a couple of days worth of concert music.

when i turn 50 i will be proud to say to those who will have to shout at me that yes, throbbing gristle, turbonegro, mastodon, and my bloody valentine all played a part in my dearfness.

Quote Originally Posted by corsair View Post
    exactly. who wears ear plugs seriously? it's like saying, "oh i would like only a quarter of the quarter pounder. i just can't handle the whole thing."

granted it isn't the wisest thing to do, but why play it safe with only a couple of days worth of concert music.

when i turn 50 i will be proud to say to those who will have to shout at me that yes, throbbing gristle, turbonegro, mastodon, and my bloody valentine all played a part in my dearfness.
    why not go out and stare directly into the next eclipse the next time we have one too?

Quote Originally Posted by alternapop View Post
    why not go out and stare directly into the next eclipse the next time we have one too?
    Haha, for real.
    I would have liked to be next to that guy during their show at El Rey and watch him take his plugs out during You Made Me Realize.
    Granted, I had mine OUT during the whole show, it was great, but during the holocaust I know better then to fuck around like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by corsair View Post

you do realize that with the right earplugs that the music can sound better, clearer?

nice that you can joke about being deaf now, but you won't be laughing once the ringing in your ears is permanent. enjoy it!

Wearing earplugs in an indoor venue is needed, but I had mine in for the first song and took them out, my ears are fine, the sound is not bouncing as much as an indoor venue, but it still was loud...

During the concourse show, I had to have them in, but I took them out a couple time during YMMR...

YMMR in HD, more to follow.

Part 2 of HD YMMR.

I saw DRI (not by choice) in 1989, and they were louder than MBV, from what I recall.

thanks for the vids, suprefan.

what a great show. i'd been wishing mbv would play coachella for years, and when it finally happened it did not disappoint. i stood up front for the first 3/4 of the show, then started walking around a bit to see how it sounded in different spots and check out some of the crowd reaction. it actually was louder further back, which surprised me.

I wore a pair of all frequency attenuating ear plugs recommended by JustSteve all weekend in the Sahara. Aside from getting a locker, it was the smartest Coachella move I made.

Thanks homie.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

mbv was so good i was siting there in a trance the whole time the white noise at he end was great
    Last edited by cooperb1; 04-22-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks suprefan. Shame about that damn bunny on a stick or whatever it was.

By your count how long was the holocaust?

15:31 , its cool too see dogonastick trip out. He almost messed up photos which is more of a pet peeve for eme than that during a video.

I just caught MBV at Austin Music Hall last night in ATX and holy fuck, they blew me away. Christ, even before they got to "You Made Me Realize", it was fantastic. "Soon", "I Only Said", "When you Sleep" and "Only Shallow" were all great in their own right but man oh man, when they get to the outro of "You Made Me Realize" (aka 'The Holocaust') it's just transcendent. I tossed away my earplugs and was about 12 feet from the column of speakers. When the holocaust hit, I was in heaven (though in all honesty, I was wishing I hadn't thrown away my ear plugs around minute 10). Just mind-blowing stuff.
    -----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    thanks for the vids, suprefan.

what a great show. i'd been wishing mbv would play coachella for years, and when it finally happened it did not disappoint. i stood up front for the first 3/4 of the show, then started walking around a bit to see how it sounded in different spots and check out some of the crowd reaction. it actually was louder further back, which surprised me.
    This is not suprising at all. If you understand how sound works, if you are really close, it goes through you and thats it. Farther back, frequencies have time to build and be able to have their full potential. Seeing them indoors is ridiculous cause the sound has not one place to go but back at you off walls. At Coachella, it just went off into the night time air. Thus why I had been saying everyone should be lucky that they are playing outside so the holocaust isnt THAT dangerous.

Hands down the most amazing set of the weekend. McCartney was great and played the classics but for sheer musicianship and sonic amazement MBV stole the show for me. I was in total awe, I want to go to APW now just for them they were that good. Fucking incredible. Several of my friends were on the fence about it but afterwards they too were convinced it was one of the best shows of the weekend. Kudos to them for being so fucking good.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman00 View Post
    I just caught MBV at Austin Music Hall last night in ATX and holy fuck, they blew me away. Christ, even before they got to "You Made Me Realize", it was fantastic. "Soon", "I Only Said", "When you Sleep" and "Only Shallow" were all great in their own right but man oh man, when they get to the outro of "You Made Me Realize" (aka 'The Holocaust') it's just transcendent. I tossed away my earplugs and was about 12 feet from the column of speakers. When the holocaust hit, I was in heaven (though in all honesty, I was wishing I hadn't thrown away my ear plugs around minute 10). Just mind-blowing stuff.
    Long time no see
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    15:31 , its cool too see dogonastick trip out. He almost messed up photos which is more of a pet peeve for eme than that during a video.
    15:31- wow! That is insane! Also, I was keeping an eye out in your vids for a moment I could've sworn happened during the holocaust (and I think was mentioned earlier in this thread)- doesn't Kevin at some point walk up to the front of the stage and stare down the Cure fans who had been berating them with a "where is your God now?" look? Maybe it's just me imagining things. I imagined a lot during that 15 minutes.

I will look again, we will see. Part 3 in HD is uploading.

Wink Re: My Bloody Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    This is not suprising at all. If you understand how sound works, if you are really close, it goes through you and thats it. Farther back, frequencies have time to build and be able to have their full potential. Seeing them indoors is ridiculous cause the sound has not one place to go but back at you off walls. At Coachella, it just went off into the night time air. Thus why I had been saying everyone should be lucky that they are playing outside so the holocaust isnt THAT dangerous.
    i saw mbv both nights in santa monica. the first night i was close to the stage and the second night i stood back by the sound board. it seemed louder when i was closer to the stage then, so that's why i was surprised it seemed louder further from the stage at coachella. maybe the second santa monica show actually was less loud overall. or maybe it was just hearing damage from the first night.

Hearing damage, it supposedly sounded better night 2 SMC, but still as loud as any other. They measured the voulme at SMc night 2 and said it hit 129db

My Bloody Nightmare is more like it... what a waste of 20 minutes.

It was hilarious though sitting in front of the beer garden and watching Public Enemy going crazy trying to sing so the fans could hear the beginning of their set while MBV were being douchebags.
    Nothing can stop me now...