Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bloody Valentine

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: My Bloody Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    I love reading reactions like that! You should really try to see them in-doors. I saw the at El Rey a few days earlier, and it was just as amazing, but with one BIG difference. The bass. Nothing can compare to being shocked as you are during You Made Me Realize and having the bass vibrate your body SO HARD you actually get scared. Really though, I was getting a little freaked out with how my chest/hard/lungs might have been getting affected because of the full body/vision vibrations. That was the only thing lacking from the Sunday show. I am hardly hardly complaining however.
    This is a band I will now travel to see. My ears were raped but I when all was said and done I felt it was more of a favor than a crime. It was really just something special. Not just the ending named after the attempted extermination of the jews but the entire god damned set was unfuckingreal.

I will see these guys again, it's just a matter of where, when and how. I didn't think anything could top Amanda Fucking Palmer and then it happened.

MBV was fucking epic awesome. During the holocaust, I was just smiling the whole time as the noise destroyed my brain. By the end of it i felt almost the same as after Aphex Twin, it was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    MBV was so good that I spent the rest of the night wandering around in a daze. I am not joking and only exaggerating a little bit. I went to go see the Kills but I was like, what the fuck, this is nice but how can you play songs after what just happened?

for me after their set i just walked around too in a daze, and i watched tehir set alone because my wife didn't like them before and she sure as hell hates them now, but for me it was just pure bliss, a fanfuckingtastic show...i loved their set, just goddamn brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Thats why I went to The Orb and just chilled out to some beats, only way to try and process things.
    yep i did the exact same thing

i was dazed and confused afterwards as well

did people watch the same set as i? MBV was terrible. forget the fact that the mixing was terribly loud, there was no emotion, i couldn't hear anybody's voices, the drummer is ridiculously bad live, he did the same exact snare drum fill in EVERY SINGLE SONG. i had to leave. and i'm a huge MBV fan as well, major disappointment
    rowboat.

Quote Originally Posted by rkawar View Post
    forget the fact that the mixing was terribly loud
    Misses the point.

Quote Originally Posted by rkawar View Post
    did people watch the same set as i? MBV was terrible. forget the fact that the mixing was terribly loud, there was no emotion, i couldn't hear anybody's voices, the drummer is ridiculously bad live, he did the same exact snare drum fill in EVERY SINGLE SONG. i had to leave. and i'm a huge MBV fan as well, major disappointment
    I have a hard time believing that. I can EASILY understand how some may not enjoy MBV, in fact, I can even understand how some may really hate MBV.
    I do not, however, understand how "a huge MBV fan" "had to leave" their performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

FINAL HOLOCAUST PART (still processing, be patient)

I was fully expecting to just hate it and I fucking loved it from top to bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    I have a hard time believing that. I can EASILY understand how some may not enjoy MBV, in fact, I can even understand how some may really hate MBV.
    I do not, however, understand how "a huge MBV fan" "had to leave" their performance.
    because you can love the recorded stuff, but the live stuff is garbage. I've never seen them live before, and was stupid disappointed.
    rowboat.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Thanks for the vids suprefan, I'm now subscribed to you on YouTube.

rkawar, I want to know what it is you like about MBV's albums that you didn't hear live. I just don't get it. You come off like some live music connoisseur and that's fine, but what is it that you even get out of their albums?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Lurker

My favorite part was when the person next to me melted into a gooey mass of earplugs, Killers merch and faux Native American wear. One of the greatest experiences of my life.

MBV.... what a pile of shit that was.. Couldnt hear shit nor try and read the deadpan lips on the big screen. Not sure what the rage is about. Absolute waste of time.
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '09 '11 '12(2) '14(1)

Couldnt hear shit nor try and read the deadpan lips on the big screen.
    Hi, welcome to shoegaze.
    Last edited by cormaic; 04-21-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Hah, you can hear someone saying "they didn't do anything!"

Holy Pat Robertson! You were quite close. You must have been physically shaken after the last song. What a jaw-dropping, eye-opening experience that was. So glad I rushed from The Horrors to catch the last half of MBV's set. All the way from the back of the crowd, the sound was nearly deafening, I just can't even comprehend what it must have been like from that close. Could you even hear anything afterward?

Great job on the video, though, if I hadn't been there to physically experience that set, I would not understand what all the fuss was about.

Thanks, HD is uploading as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Nice! And that was a first time post- welcome!

Just so you know- MBV would be very glad to know everyone was looking "pretty morose". And it was not lost on me that a lack of familiarity with the band would certainly be an issue given their high billing. So it was made that much better for me watching all these people look at each other with confused expressions. I mean- you should be able to at least make out the words to a song, right?

I also loved the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (my 5th time seeing them) and would not have minded them getting a longer set. But MBV are legends and truly delivered on their promise as a band tonight.
    glad you enjoyed them, i just think coachella is trying to be all things to all people and it doesn't work.

It was the most moving concert experience I have ever had.

MBV were amazing. Much better than when they came to LA last year. The sound was loud, but not so loud that I had to wear earplugs the entire time. I heard so much more detail this time, and loved every minute of it. Definitely one of the best sets of the weekend.
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

Thanks for the vids so far suprefan!

More videos!

Uploading as we speak Ken, it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by espirit77 View Post
    glad you enjoyed them, i just think coachella is trying to be all things to all people and it doesn't work.
    Dude- have you not seen the responses in this thread? Now, I know the message boards are hardly representative of the entire Coachella-going public, but just because the majority may not have understood what MBV was going for doesn't mean they didn't kill it. They did. It just wasn't your cup of tea.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I find it funny that the Cure fans were booing MBV when Robert Smith has stated numerous times that Loveless is in his top 5 albums ever....MBV belongs at coachella more then almost any band on the line up.....

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I was fully expecting to just hate it and I fucking loved it from top to bottom.
    He has spoken!

MBV should return in 2010. They are working on new songs.

as great as the loveless tour, and the sf show last year. they crush.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I find it funny that the Cure fans were booing MBV when Robert Smith has stated numerous times that Loveless is in his top 5 albums ever....MBV belongs at coachella more then almost any band on the line up.....

Honestly, all the "die hard" Cure fans that were around me were so lame. One guy in particular kept talking about how he had driven "many mile" (he didn't add the s) to see the Cure. Anyways, the same guy kept yelling "ROBERT!" during MBV, apparently he didn't realize how fuckin loud MBV were.
    The entire time I was completely in my own world, it was just me and MBV. I "danced" like a fucking crazy person, my Girlfriend told me it was more like really intense convulsions. I'm still trying to get over how fucking amazing that was and it's been two days. I can't get it out of my mind.
    MBV IS THE GREATEST LIVE GROUP EVER.
    I am soooooooo biased to Moz and DM, but they don't hold a candle to MBV live...nothing does.