Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bloody Valentine

Default Re: My Bloody Valentine

MBV was one of the most brilliant moments of my weekend. I was laying in the grass staring up at the sky and bugs kept flying in front of the white lights, which to my weed enhanced mind, looked like the stars were flying all over the place while MBV provided the perfect soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    My favorite part was laughing at all the people running away in fear from the stage periodically throughout the set. The earpluggers were hilarious too. The looks on the non MBV knowers' faces were absolutely priceless. I wish I could have documented their terror.
    I documented plenty of terror, in HD. Full YMMR in Standard and High Definition hitting youtube by tonight I hope. Also filmed To Here Knows When. Coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    I didn't puke this time! YAY!
    jeebus H Christo

you puked last time?

i'm seeing them in Denver this week
    don't scare me
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

yeah i was up front and people were telling me stories about people throwing up from the noise. i was so freaked out going into the start of the set. and i have hearing problems already so i was one of those fools covering their earrs wish i didnt have to be
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

I never saw MBV before and was vaguely familiar with them. I was ready to give them a listen. I'm not so much into their genre these days, but still found them interesting enough to hang for a while.

My man and I chose the VIP for this one. We sat close to the fence. It was good timing. They were like a stunning dream. Maybe even a pleasant nightmare. I wanted to go up on their last song to get close for the Cure.
    Then it happened, their last 10 minute song-brain attack-sensory overload ride. Instead of running away, I went closer. My entire senses were vibrating. It was a beautiful mess of noise. I won't forget.
    Always wear a helmut

15 minutes and change btw of Holocaust.

Quote Originally Posted by DRcube View Post
    MBV was fucking sick, it was my first time seeing them and i was completely satisfied
    Completely agree.

That ten minute long noise solo was beyond epic, it felt like we were all being washed away in an sonic ocean.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by DRcube View Post
    MBV was fucking sick, it was my first time seeing them and i was completely satisfied
    Completely agree.

That ten minute long noise solo was beyond epic, it felt like we were all being washed away in an sonic ocean. And no one cared if we ever floated back to where we belonged.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Pretty dang epic ! I was giddy they were actually playing! A we talked to standing near us had a scrolling message "My Bloody Fucking Valentine" on his IPOD he kept holding up. Wish they could have thrown in Sometimes though. The 'wall of sound' at the end was the loudest mainstage will ever get at any Coachella. It was like a 747 landing. Thank god i had earplugs for that part. The lights and sound washed out everything else. Poor Cure fans that were just there to get a spot were in agony.
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Rarely does one go through a moment where both they are emotionally moved and physically moved by a performance.

Such was the case with My Bloody Valentine. What a great performance. See you guys next March.

Shredder is going on a spirit journey

This was my first time seeing MBV, I was shooting them for work, and they gave me chills.

Here's a shot of Bilinda: http://www.ocregister.com/photos/coa...ing/pid2369186

For people who stare at their feet during their set, they managed to do a lot with their performance.

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Rarely does one go through a moment where both they are emotionally moved and physically moved by a performance.

Such was the case with My Bloody Valentine. What a great performance. See you guys next March.

Shredder is going on a spirit journey
    ! it was pretty moving ! I keep smiling at the people around that were into it too.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchylefrench View Post
    This was my first time seeing MBV, I was shooting them for work, and they gave me chills.

Here's a shot of Bilinda: http://www.ocregister.com/photos/coa...ing/pid2369186

For people who stare at their feet during their set, they managed to do a lot with their performance.

Nice shot, Her red dress and look were iconic. Go shoegaze !
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

MBV was fucking amazing!

was it just me or was Balinda fucking hypnotic?

and did anybody else notice the amount of people who "had to leave" during there set?
    The ones who had to bail out through the front and what not?

blah
    maybe related to their awesmoness or just the heat (which wasnt that bad btw)..

either way i was in awe the whole time they were playing :]

I saw a lot of arms aloft during the holocaust, and at one point I spotted a guy with his middle fingers up.

I thought they were as brilliant as they'd been in NYC last autumn, though my friend said he'd have been more stunned by the holocaust had he not known in advance it was coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

MBV totally rocked coachella, and no one could do anything to stop it! I was blown away (and on mushrooms--best decision ever.)

It was so funny to watch people freak out at the noise solo. I loved during that part when you could see Bilinda's hand strumming like crazy and you couldn't see it in her face at all, it was like it didn't even phase her.

SO COOL.
    Gorillaz - Sonic Youth - Daft Punk - Radiohead
    for Coachella 2010!

Last.fm

Setlist?
    Posted up like Andre Agassi on the tennis court

Inside Anna Kendrick :)...okay seriously, Santa Monica

Coachella regular from 1999, 2004, 2006-2009

Quote Originally Posted by nolanisbomb View Post
    That's "You Never Should."
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    That's "You Never Should."
    thanks

Setlist was something like...

I Only Said
    When You Sleep
    You Never Should
    Cigarette In Your Bed
    Nothing Much to Lose
    Only Shallow
    To Here Knows When
    Slow
    Soon
    Feed Me With Your Kiss
    You Made Me Realise

The order is probably off a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

Damn i missed i only said. wished they performed off your face though

I get why they passed out earplugs now. Glad I didn't use them. Awesome.

Lurker

hardcore Cure fan here, I really enjoyed My Bloody Valentine. They were really good musically, but I just feel they were too loud for comfortable enjoyment of the show. I had been warned previously about how loud and gets and how I should buy earplugs, but I didn't listen. I spent most of their set with my fingers in my ears, but that does not mean I didn't enjoy it. And sure, the last 15 min were odd, nothing but screeching and noise. I really felt it was a test to "how badly do I want to see The Cure?" and I believe I passed. So I would most definitely check out MBV again on a cd of some sort where I could control the volume.

I saw them in Santa Monica in October, and while they were wonderful as ever at Coachella, trust me, they were NOWHERE near as loud as they were at the Civic Center. Didn't need the earplugs this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I think it's probably going to happen immediately that someone will complain about the long noise overdose at the end of their set.
    The last 15 minutes of MBV was in my Top 5 moments of the entire weekend. Amazing hearing the appreciative crowd grow louder and louder as it kept going on, and then after all that time...right back into the end of the song, everyone in the band completely in sync. Incredible.
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Lurker

Did anyone else see Bilinda and Debbie standing on the left side of the main stage watching The Cure? My friend and I couldn't believe it as we walked up to them before "100 years" started and got their autographs. They were both really nice and Bilinda is even more beautiful in person. Debbie gave me her pick and even thanked us for coming to the show. I was like...WTF thank you for being so awesome. It was epic.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    yeah i was up front and people were telling me stories about people throwing up from the noise. i was so freaked out going into the start of the set. and i have hearing problems already so i was one of those fools covering their earrs wish i didnt have to be

Ah don't feel too bad. I had to push my earplugs in a bit further towards the end too. I already have hearing loss in my right ear and don't want to risk too much more.

Ok, not to scare anyone- but after I put up my last post here last night, I hit the hay and about 2 hours later woke up and puked for almost 2 hours straight. I NEVER puke. I mean EVER! Now, my best guess is it was probably due to heat exhaustion and dehydration... but maybe I shouldn't rule out a delayed reaction to MBV??? I ended up having to stay in my hotel one more day as there was no way I could make the ride back to LA. I am only just now feeling better.

i held an empty water bottle in my hand, and it was shaking uncontrollably. they were loud. amazingly loud.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Wheels Of Cheese

Yeah the set was incredible, and it was best without earplugs... I was about 5 rows back and straight and I only have slight ringing in my ears today. The difference that foam shit made was too detrimental, I would have worn my hearos that I've been using but they warped in the sun Saturday morning : (

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Set of the weekend in my opinion. I never experienced anything like that musically before that left me staring completely stunned and overwhelmed. Incredible.