Default Re: MSTRKRFT

I was at Flying Lotus.

You all should've been too.

MSTRKRFT is great but srsly.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongehead56 View Post
    I was really disappointed by MSTRKRFT. In my opinion, their set was very predictable.

I have to admit though, their mixing was better than usual.
    I disagree, like malcolmjamalawesome and DFranklin, I thought this set was definitely different than what I've seen of them before. Better mixing, different songs, completely new lightshow/setup, and just overall, like, better. And this was my 4th time seeing them.

And I just realized something, did anyone see them drinking the crown again? I don't think I did. But, I couldn't exactly see alot of them too.

And JFK DEFINITELY wanted to keep going, he even said that they we're making him stop, remeber?

wasnt this set LIVE? All they did was mix Mstrkrft songs right? It was such a great set, my fav of the whole weekend.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

JFK was drinking crown on stage during beetroots

I think after a. Seeing Bloody Beetroots &
    b. Not getting to seeing the REAL surprise (ie NOT John Legend)
    The set was quite a let down but thats just me.

it was way too crowded in there, really. we came from mastodon/glass candy and had just started rolling pretty hard...and since i could barely move, we said fuck it and went around and sat amongst the art instead.

Damn, was it rowdy. In the best way possible of course, and John Legend coming on for the finale? SHITWASTHATWONDERFUL. UGH.

I don't get what was so wonderful about John Legend. The song he sang at the end was boring commercial crap. This "surprise" went over like a lead balloon. Everyone was expecting some amazing stage setup and it was whatever. I did like the music before this middle of the road boring singer John Legend came out.

Dang, had to miss their set. Too exhausted.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

yeah i was expecting a crazy stage set up but the 4 plasmas was a nice touch.
    john legend was great but not worth hyping him as a BIG surprise know what i mean?

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Oh shit, almost forgot...

MEHSTRKRFT
    ohsnapnot
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

the crowd was rowdy and packed, i was so damn exhausted after...my first time seeing them and i thought they were awesome

best DJs of the weekend
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Quote Originally Posted by buymarshon View Post
    was the same old shit.. lame ass set. was cool 2 years ago.
    QFT
    LIL' B

^^What are you agreeing with? They mostly played stuff from Fist of God, and if they played anything old it was mixed with something new.

I thought they were great but I was rolling damn hard and don't really remember many specifics just that I was having the time of my life dancing around to whatever they had going. I must say I was disappointed with John Legend being the "surprise." Weak.

I can honestly say that MSTRKRFT are my favorite DJs of this decade. They do such a great job with mixing. They know how to make it three times better than the original and also keep you interested throughout the whole song. No dull moments at all. Glad I stayed to catch their set. I serioulsly was about to leave my spot during the wait because I also wanted to see Gang Gang Dance.

Sucks the "one more song" thing didn't work out. I peeked behind the curtain and saw the production crew cleaning up so I just went "Meh" and left. Great performance to end Saturday with though.
    Chuck Norris has the best poker face of all time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite having in his hand a Joker, a 6 of Clubs, a Get Out of Jail Free Monopoly Card, his drivers license, and a Green Uno Card.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefachink View Post
    Sucks the "one more song" thing didn't work out. I peeked behind the curtain and saw the production crew cleaning up so I just went "Meh" and left. Great performance to end Saturday with though.
    I know!! I really thought that our chanting would actually bring them out for just one more song. I think they ended around 12:30...which i dont get the noise violation if The Dome is up and running until 4am?

When they played The Fist of God I creamed my load all over the place.
    Oh, and they should not have ended with John Legend, even though it was enjoyable...not a good end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by StillDancing View Post
    And I just realized something, did anyone see them drinking the crown again? I don't think I did. But, I couldn't exactly see alot of them too.
    There was definitely Crown being drunk. In fact, they captured an image of JFK taking down the Crown right from the bottle and repeated a three-frame montage of it for about fifteen seconds on the screens overlapped to JFK's headbangin' both in that weird infrared video effect overlapped to the crowd going wild in the background in colour.

It was sweetness.

MSTRKRFT was fucking sick and if you disagree than you are wrong. god that was the sickness, so packed, as dennis reynolds would say, it was real "jammed up" in there.

Yeah, that set was a great end to Sat. night, even though I spent the end of it by the water tent, being tired.
    weekend one

Banned

EPIC. one of the most fun sets of the weekend.
    john legend was a bit of a let down in terms of special surprises or whatever was mentioned by paul, but I wasn't going to miss their set regardless

Quote Originally Posted by DFranklin View Post
    My question is why the fuck did the chemical brothers get such a longer set if they werent finishing the tent?
    Uh, 'cause they're the fucking Chemical Brothers. That's like asking why Paul McCartney and the Cure were allotted more time in their headlining slots than the Killers. Only reason they didn't close the tent is because they were doing a DJ set and MSTRKRFT were playing live. Chems live set would have closed out the tent, fo' sho'.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

MSTRKRFT didnt play live...

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    MSTRKRFT didnt play live...
    ditto.

it was a fuckin great set, whatever they were doing...I hope a recording surfaces.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    I don't get what was so wonderful about John Legend. The song he sang at the end was boring commercial crap. This "surprise" went over like a lead balloon. Everyone was expecting some amazing stage setup and it was whatever. I did like the music before this middle of the road boring singer John Legend came out.
    I think most knew John Legend was going to be the surprise. I like the tracks but it seems as though they are quite repetitive, and Legend was only on for like 6 minutes. Oh and they left out the andre 3000 portion of the Green LIght...."What kind of girl do you think that you are? The kind of girl you meet at a bar!"
    Upcoming Shows

Budgetchella Here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    wasnt this set LIVE? All they did was mix Mstrkrft songs right? It was such a great set, my fav of the whole weekend.
    Wow, how many times have we gone over this???

Yeh I was hoping for an encore too and I know if it was up to them they would have done one. They often times do. But hey I suppose they already went a half hour after they were supposed to.

As far as ending with John Legend, it wouldn't suprise me if they didnt plan on doing that. Dont you guys remeber when JFK even said they wanted to go for longer but they we're making him stop, then Mr.Legend came out right after that.

i was actually quite impressed with their set, i thought it was gonna be a lot more "all i do is party" kind of stuff, but i thought they threw down some heavy beats and stuff i've never heard before... plus i was on ecstasy-->win!