Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

  1. #1

    Default 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    i came into this year wondering morrissey? wtf? whats the appeal?
    i saw him, and still feel the same way, so i cannot really consider this a disappointment.
    the fact that i saw him minus a shirt will leave unpleasantness in my still unconceived childrens mouths, and my wish for his great suffering will remain intact for the remainder of his useless little life. damn i need a steak, well done!!!

    patton and rahzel...damn i wanted to see them bad, and i did, they were lower than pathetic. this is coming from a mike patton super fan!!! they were just so mad that they had to compete with paul mccartney that they didnt even try. i tell ya, as a musician, if i have 100 or less people that are ignoring paul mccartney to watch me perform?!? they will get the best possible out of me not a bunch of jealous rantings.

    my final disappointment was m.i.a. what even gives them a right to even be on the same poster as amanda palmer? i wasnt even an amanda palmer fan until yesterday.

    conor oberst, blitzen trapper,tinariwen, calexico, molotov, superchunk, drive-by truckers, peanut butter wolf, black keys, michael franti & spearhead, fleet foxes, amanda palmer, bob mould band, the do lab, paul mccartney, were all never miss agains.

    the rest were good but forgettable, i.e. franz ferdinand, leonard cohen, band of horses, tv on the radio, etc.

    ok, 3 more disappointments, mastodon, atmosphere, and the killers...not their fault though, i got sick and had to leave and i am disappointed i missed them!

  2. #2
    Member shermanoaksyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    dtla
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    top 5 so far:

    Black Keys, Crystal Castles, McCartney, Blitzen Trapper, Fleet Foxes.

    Also good: Gui Boratto, Los Campesinos!, We Are Scientists, Leonard Cohen, Dr. Dog, Tinariwen, Crookers, Chems

  3. #3

    Default Re: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by ugachaka View Post
    i came into this year wondering morrissey? wtf? whats the appeal?
    i saw him, and still feel the same way, so i cannot really consider this a disappointment.
    the fact that i saw him minus a shirt will leave unpleasantness in my still unconceived childrens mouths, and my wish for his great suffering will remain intact for the remainder of his useless little life. damn i need a steak, well done!!!

    patton and rahzel...damn i wanted to see them bad, and i did, they were lower than pathetic. this is coming from a mike patton super fan!!! they were just so mad that they had to compete with paul mccartney that they didnt even try. i tell ya, as a musician, if i have 100 or less people that are ignoring paul mccartney to watch me perform?!? they will get the best possible out of me not a bunch of jealous rantings.

    my final disappointment was m.i.a. what even gives them a right to even be on the same poster as amanda palmer? i wasnt even an amanda palmer fan until yesterday.

    conor oberst, blitzen trapper,tinariwen, calexico, molotov, superchunk, drive-by truckers, peanut butter wolf, black keys, michael franti & spearhead, fleet foxes, amanda palmer, bob mould band, the do lab, paul mccartney, were all never miss agains.

    the rest were good but forgettable, i.e. franz ferdinand, leonard cohen, band of horses, tv on the radio, etc.

    ok, 3 more disappointments, mastodon, atmosphere, and the killers...not their fault though, i got sick and had to leave and i am disappointed i missed them!
    You have the musical maturity of a ten year old. Grow up.
    I want Parenthetical Girls to play

  4. #4
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,769

    Default Re: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    He's right on Morrissey though.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    ...and mia.

  6. #6
    old school JebusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,299

    Default Re: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Parenthetical Boy View Post
    You have the musical maturity of a ten year old. Grow up.
    You need a new line.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

  7. #7
    Member arya.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    528

    Default Re: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    My top few so far:
    The Bloody Beetroots, Aoki, Joss Stone, Atmosphere, Ida Maria, Spearhead
    anything could happen

  8. #8

    Default Re: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    those whove posted their top few, great choices. parenthetical boy, tell that to the replacements, blind melon, jellyfish, quicksand, leon redbone, lyle lovett, wynton marsalis, and your mama!!!

  9. #9
    Member DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,499

    Default Re: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by ugachaka View Post
    i came into this year wondering morrissey? wtf? whats the appeal?
    i saw him, and still feel the same way, so i cannot really consider this a disappointment.
    the fact that i saw him minus a shirt will leave unpleasantness in my still unconceived childrens mouths, and my wish for his great suffering will remain intact for the remainder of his useless little life. damn i need a steak, well done!!!

    patton and rahzel...damn i wanted to see them bad, and i did, they were lower than pathetic. this is coming from a mike patton super fan!!! they were just so mad that they had to compete with paul mccartney that they didnt even try. i tell ya, as a musician, if i have 100 or less people that are ignoring paul mccartney to watch me perform?!? they will get the best possible out of me not a bunch of jealous rantings.

    my final disappointment was m.i.a. what even gives them a right to even be on the same poster as amanda palmer? i wasnt even an amanda palmer fan until yesterday.

    conor oberst, blitzen trapper,tinariwen, calexico, molotov, superchunk, drive-by truckers, peanut butter wolf, black keys, michael franti & spearhead, fleet foxes, amanda palmer, bob mould band, the do lab, paul mccartney, were all never miss agains.

    the rest were good but forgettable, i.e. franz ferdinand, leonard cohen, band of horses, tv on the radio, etc.

    ok, 3 more disappointments, mastodon, atmosphere, and the killers...not their fault though, i got sick and had to leave and i am disappointed i missed them!
    Wow, i really never leave coachella with disappointments from the past years ive gone. I'm glad you've been tallying the bad times you had. Oh, and M.I.A killed it.

  10. #10

    Default Re: 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by ugachaka View Post
    those whove posted their top few, great choices. parenthetical boy, tell that to the replacements, blind melon, jellyfish, quicksand, leon redbone, lyle lovett, wynton marsalis, and your mama!!!
    lol...burn

    my review purely from the webcast
    rocked it: macca, franz
    no no: m.i.a.,morissey
    eh neither way: the rest
    Last edited by eleanor_rigby; 04-19-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    The great thing about this signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything its too late for you to stop reading it.

Similar Threads

  1. This is not rant....but a 'suggestion'
    By Givemean8ball in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 11:54 PM
  2. ''Gay'' Bands vs ''Safe'' Bands
    By suprefan in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 11:39 AM
  3. Robert Smith Rant
    By TeamCoachellaHellYeah in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 11:09 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 12:49 PM
  5. Reaction to Rage Rant
    By manorastroman in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •