Thread: MIA should consider a new dj. terrible show... Killers was a decent show

Default MIA should consider a new dj. terrible show... Killers was a decent show

Wow that MIA show was really bad. I had low expectations but that one was really bad. First the DJ was really annoying and was not hyping anyone up. But worst of all he kept using that annoying alarm horn sound through out the whole performance. MIA's mic was low and feedback was creeping through.

The whole audience was bored the whole time and were already over it when paper planes came on. I felt a little bad for MIA even she realized that audience wasnt into her and made a few comments one was like "I dont really know how to bring it to the main stage" and the other was "I had a bad feeling about the main stage, next year I am back in the tents" if any one knows they exact words they can post them. Anyways when she walked off the stage no one cheered it was just over.

I was expecting the killers show to bomb. But to be honest I actually liked the killers. Left towards the end, but they did better than my expectations.

Rockeropaisa

Default Re: MIA should consider a new dj. terrible show... Killers was a decent show

what time did the killers ended??

Default Re: MIA should consider a new dj. terrible show... Killers was a decent show

A little before 12:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella2009 View Post
    Wow that MIA show was really bad. I had low expectations but that one was really bad. First the DJ was really annoying and was not hyping anyone up. But worst of all he kept using that annoying alarm horn sound through out the whole performance. MIA's mic was low and feedback was creeping through.

The whole audience was bored the whole time and were already over it when paper planes came on. I felt a little bad for MIA even she realized that audience wasnt into her and made a few comments one was like "I dont really know how to bring it to the main stage" and the other was "I had a bad feeling about the main stage, next year I am back in the tents" if any one knows they exact words they can post them. Anyways when she walked off the stage no one cheered it was just over.

I was expecting the killers show to bomb. But to be honest I actually liked the killers. Left towards the end, but they did better than my expectations.
    You were standing in a weird bubble that did not come through on camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You were right. I was wrong.

:'( i woulda been grooving the whole time. BAMBOO BANGAAA
    <3'd u coachella!
    <3'd u steve aoki, felix da housecat, white lies, crystal castles, ghostland observatory, beirut, paul mccartney, the presets, genghis tron

poor MIA, i was stoked but it didn't do it for me at all. plus yes.. that horn was absolutely ridiculous haha. i left before it was over and probably enjoyed paper planes more from the outdoor stage before jenny lewis than i would have standing in that crowd.

MIA was a train wreck, but the bottom line is that we were all entertained. Few admit to ‘liking’ her act, but if you looked around, the crowd was enormous and it didn’t shrink. Yes, people wanted to stay for Paper Planes, but quite frankly, Paper Planes was boring compared to the rest of her set. I can’t say I’m a fan, but I must say I was very entertained and LMAO with all my other friends who where LTAO most of her set. Anything less annoying or better quality from MIA would have made it less interesting. Cheers to Goldenvoice for replacing Amy with MIA. Great variety. Can’t say there is anything like her. I will never listen to her music, but it's a highlight of Saturday for sure.

Since she's done the Coachella stage and the Sahara tent, where is the next M.I.A. experiment going to be? Outdoor theater or Mojave tent?

Whatever the case, stick Perry Ferrell with her so he doesn't jack up the Sahara anymore.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I felt a little bad for MIA even she realized that audience wasnt into her and made a few comments one was like "I dont really know how to bring it to the main stage" and the other was "I had a bad feeling about the main stage, next year I am back in the tents" if any one knows they exact words they can post them. .
    You are a compulsive liar my friend. She never said that. She was grateful for being on the mainstage. And her performance was amazing. Paper planes was ehh as a closer but every other song was great. Especially Bang, Boys, and $20 (best song of her set) and also watching the security guard tackle people trying to get on stage was hillarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    You are a compulsive liar my friend. She never said that. She was grateful for being on the mainstage. And her performance was amazing. Paper planes was ehh as a closer but every other song was great. Especially Bang, Boys, and $20 (best song of her set) and also watching the security guard tackle people trying to get on stage was hillarious.
    I second this post
    DEF NOYZE

Whats up with Lurkers and their post-Coachella threads? M.I.A was great, i was more than entertained, and everyone around me was dancing. P.S I LOVED THOSE HORNS.

This was the third time I've seen M.I.A. Once in a festival and another in a club environment in Sydney. Both time she rocked it, and did so again at Coachella.

For those that know and love the Baltimore club sound, they know that the airhorn is featured prominately in this genre. It might of been a little bit excessive but I still liked it.

Blaqstarr shouldn't of been on the mic at all. His job isn't to hype the crowd up. That's why Rye Rye was there.

Each time ive seen her she was had a different tour DJ. Diplo, Low B and now Blaqstarr. I think I preferred her with Diplo, but doubt that will happen again...

I wasn't there, but she did say something along those lines:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30294943/

"Next time, I'm back in the tent." Not knocking the mainstage, per se, but recognizing it's not the place for her.

I enjoyed her performance.

I don't know why but I found it so funny when she brought people on stage and that one guy took a picture of himself with her.

I am the most tasteful, intelligent, hippest person on this board and I thought M.I.A.'s set was fucking awesome.

coachella, california, unitedstates ,theworld, thegalaxy, theuniverse

killers suuuuuuuuuuck

MIA should consider a new profession. Killers was a decent joke.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I thought MIA was... yeah.

the air horns were just too funny.

me and jill were standing there tlaking about how the gunshots last year were insanely out of hand and just about ruined the set, and what does the lame-ass DJ do?

goes even nuttier with the air horns than he did with the gunshots last year.

we had other stuff to go watch, so it wasn't a big deal leaving after 20-25 minutes (i.e. like two songs).

the intro with the dancers and UV cannons was quite cool, I'll say that much.

Yeah, she was competing with Crookers, and she totally bombed last year, so she got no love from me...

Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post
    Since she's done the Coachella stage and the Sahara tent, where is the next M.I.A. experiment going to be? Outdoor theater or Mojave tent?
    She played the Gobi in 05 and was AMAZING.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    She played the Gobi in 05 and was AMAZING.
    SAFE. For real. It's because she hadn't turned into a complete egomaniac by then. That show rocked my cock.

My thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Either that or you have a bad memory. Because I was there, and she DID say something along these lines.

Even MSNBC reported it.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

hahaha I left her peerformance when two songs in she started running her mouth saying sarcastic shit like "thanks for putting me on the MAIN STAGE this year" and "thanks for turning the lights off" while throwing out buckets of air horns.

honestly, I thought her intro was really cool. the UV cannons and dancers with the stuff on the screen behind was a really cool, well-planned effect. and I actually liked the whole podium thing. but

a) her ego is way out of control, and it affects her delivery

and b) her DJ needs to have his fucking hands cut off.

whatever. I'll still drop my mashup of boyz/chop suey/contaminada at parties, and if she comes through toronto on a club tour, I might even go.

M.I.A. definitely could have been better. It would have helped if she had new songs, maybe. It just seemed like she was trying too hard.. like when she told people to go on stage and it wasn't even in the middle of the song. Eh.. it was sad to me.

But did you see that guy on stage take a picture with M.I.A.? haha

P.S. I just have to say.... greghead, the quote in your sig is way too funny.
    Gorillaz - Sonic Youth - Daft Punk - Radiohead
    for Coachella 2010!

Last.fm

M.I.A. was not that bad, but that horn was annoying at first, but after a while.....that shit was funny.