Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dosen't look like Morrissey will play Coachella again...

Default Dosen't look like Morrissey will play Coachella again...

He cancelled his show tonight because he's "sick"
    You guys didnt make a very good Impression!

He needs to come back and do some solo shows in L.A.

Default Re: Dosen't look like Morrissey will play Coachella again...

he got upset at the smell of BBQ<,, he said he smelled burning flesh, and he hoped it was human,,, after that he seemed off..

the smell made me hungry!!
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

The show WASN'T cancelled. He came back on stage and finished his set.

hahahaha...good riddance.

pompous douchenozzle.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure he was having sound issues at Coachella. He said "does it sound okay? Because it sounds dreadful up here." He kept putting his hand to his ear as if he couldn't hear himself. So it may have been a monitor issue.

meh...first and last time I need to see Moz.

Morrisey is a stanche Veg for those that did not not...however there is no defense I was Not that excited about his performance except opening with "This Charming Man" bes Smiths song ever

ending with How Soon is Now? was the ultimate let down

i thought morrissey was fucking amazing. although he could have gotten over himself for just an hour for us..

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Was so boring and pompous that I no longer care if The Smiths reunite
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

he was ok but i mainly watched him so i could make my way up to the front for mccartney
    Quote Originally Posted by im so indie View Post
    life from this point forward is just what you do in between coachellas.

Ditto

Lurker

i wonder waht would have happened if someone threw a burger at him

When he started bitching about the BBQ smell, someone behind me [CLOSE up] yelled, "WAAAAAAAH. How'd you get so fat?"

He wasn't horrible, but he was disappointing (again). He acted exactly like that when I saw him in San Diego last year. Kept touching his hear, complaining about the sound, clearing his throat, dropping notes, making weird faces, and just being a downer in general. The guy just cant sing a whole set anymore, and it's sad.

He WAS better at Coachella than he was in San Diego, although that's not saying much because he put on the worst performance I have ever seen in SD. He dropped his mic in the middle of How Soon is Now and walked off the stage, leaving the band to finish the song by themselves. It was terrible.

He's lost it, and he hasn't aged well. I am afraid he's losing it mentally as well. He might be a legend, but at this point, I have so little faith and respect for him that I don't even want to see a Smiths Reunion, because I know he would ruin it.

Sorry to the Morrissey / Smiths lovers, but Morrissey sucks big time now. It was a waste of money to sign him on, and I hope Goldenvoice never brings him back, and spends their money on a subheadliner that is actually worth the cost.
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

I agree. It would just be a waste of money trying to get them together, because Morrissey would just fuck up the show anyways. What happened to him? Other artists have aged so well, and he seems like he's just going insane. Morrissey paled compared to other artists like Robert Smith, Paul McCartney, and even Leonard Cohen, who is much older. Kind of sad to watch a legend wither away.

The barbecue threw him off.

Morrissey is just sad, that's all.

I thought he was amazing. If you are a Morrissey or The Smiths fan already, then you should know that he is famous for his attitude. Did you expect him to suddenly change and become charismatic and sweet? He was just himself, and I wouldn't have wanted to see him any other way. The only thing that mattered was his voice, which has remained the same since he became famous, and that when he was singing he killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Morrissey is just sad, that's all.
    Because he doesn't have a stitch to wear.

Could you imagine if he played Stagecoach? The BBQ cook off is right by the main stage.

He might have gone into convulsions on stage.

Talking Re: Dosen't look like Morrissey will play Coachella again...

I have only gone 2 times to Coachella. The first one when Morrissey played and this one, because of course of Morrissey the god to many of us hispanics in LA. this is only my 10th time and i will say he this is the worst performance i have seen of him. it was obivious that he wasn't feeling well, his voice sounded like he was getting hoarse, & possibly hurting because he winced.
    Morrissey did great despite his issues that were clear, he trooped on to not cancel and gave us a great joy of hearing "Girlfriend in a coma", "Ask", and "Last of the Gang To Die".
    I was glad to share the experience of Moz with my 7 year old and my 2 year old who sat on my shoulders (she was the one wearing a Misfits onesie that you may have seen).
    Maybe in another 10 years Morrissey will return. I just can't wait until he tours again and by the way Happy 50th next month.
    Last edited by duranmorrissey; 04-21-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelled word wrong

Moz was amazing one of my fav sets

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    Moz was amazing one of my fav sets
    I second this. It was everything I imagined from a Morrissey set
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

i had been warned beforehand about his attitude and mood swings and tantrums onstage, and i am a huge fucking fan of The Smiths / Morrissey, i know he is a strict vegetarian and all that jazz, so for him to complain about that i would par with him on that one, i know how thsoe vegetarians get when there is a delicious stake being prepared, so i will pass on that one, but the fact that he bitchd and complained about the sound every second and kept mumbling his songs it's completely unforgiveable, fuck him for having that attitude, what was this his 2nd or 8th show of all time, fuck no, he is supposed to be a professional, make the fucking best of the situation, plan a sing-a-long, make jokes, but don't act like a pompous little bitch, so Morrissey fuck you for ruining one of the shows that i was most looking forward too on the weekend, you my frien are an asshole of fucking epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanCorso View Post
    i had been warned beforehand about his attitude and mood swings and tantrums onstage, and i am a huge fucking fan of The Smiths / Morrissey, i know he is a strict vegetarian and all that jazz, so for him to complain about that i would par with him on that one, i know how thsoe vegetarians get when there is a delicious stake being prepared, so i will pass on that one, but the fact that he bitchd and complained about the sound every second and kept mumbling his songs it's completely unforgiveable, fuck him for having that attitude, what was this his 2nd or 8th show of all time, fuck no, he is supposed to be a professional, make the fucking best of the situation, plan a sing-a-long, make jokes, but don't act like a pompous little bitch, so Morrissey fuck you for ruining one of the shows that i was most looking forward too on the weekend, you my frien are an asshole of fucking epic proportions.
    well said. the worst part is, many people here are true smiths / morrissey fans, and he was just a flat out disappointment. it's one thing for any old artist to have a bad show, but when a legend like him continues to have bad shows, something's wrong. he should stop touring and just make CDs, because i still think he's great on record, just awful in person.

Quote Originally Posted by geile_sau View Post
    Morrisey is a stanche Veg for those that did not not...however there is no defense I was Not that excited about his performance except opening with "This Charming Man" bes Smiths song ever

Agreed man. I'm not a Smiths fan but that was the only song I could like from em.
    Years gone to Coachella

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

The following members on this board can Suck a Dick

Blackswan

Passive Theory

Morrissey pretends not to hear, it is part of his schtick, like posing in photos with a hearing aid. The book "Meetings with Morrissey" explains this in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    Morrissey pretends not to hear, it is part of his schtick, like posing in photos with a hearing aid. The book "Meetings with Morrissey" explains this in detail.
    well does he pretend not to sing too, because he's pretty good at that as well.

Wish he played on a different stage so i could of watched something good.. not some guy complaining over the smell of bbq and showing every one his man boobs