Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NARCS!!

Default NARCS!!

Hey so day 1 is over and I saw 2 Narcs yesterday, both times in the Sahara tent. Here's what to look for so you stay safe:

1st Narc was standing by the bar in the back VIP area outside of the Sahara. He was wearing a non descriptive baseball hat and pretty much dressed like he didn't belong in the Sahara tent. A girl walked up to the bar and took a bottle of water without paying, so she came back, returned the water, and as the bartender turned his back, she tried to steal a bottle of vodka. The Narc standing by the bar stops her and starts yelling "HOW OLD ARE YOU? LET ME SEE SOME ID! LET ME SEE SOME ID!" Over and over... I ask him, what do you work for Goldenvoice or something? Security? and he answers... "Something like that." And returns to scanning the crowd. He's not wearing any security gear. No walkie talkie or communication device. He was also wearing lime green earplugs and had a "FIELD" wristband.

2nd Narc was walking thru the Sahara. He was also wearing a hat but was totally dressed out of place for a Presets show while Macca is on. He too had the same lime green earplugs and was also wearing a "FIELD" wristband. He did not once stand still or watch the band. He only scanned the crowd and was walking around by himself.

Both of these guys were well built and looked like they could handle themselves in a fight. Both guys were in their mid to late 20's. Dark out of place clothing for a dance tent. Both wearing hats. Both wearing the same minimal credentials and lime green earplugs. Both not interested in the music and only scanning the crowd.

I wanted to get this message out because there really are Narcs there waiting to bust people, so please read this as a warning to party safe.

Default Re: NARCS!!

We saw them, too (and three more). Wish we could complain about them... two of them kneed and kicked some skinny guy in the head until he bled, and then led him away in cuffs. It was totally uncalled for.

Just look out for beefy guys in their 30s who look like they're trying to fit in.
    2 out of 3 abominable snowmen prefer Coachella.

Lurker

and earplugs... obviously if you're in the Sahara tent and NOT jumping your ass off to awesome music ..

enough said

i woulda shot spit balls at them from the crowd hahahah
    <3'd u coachella!
    <3'd u steve aoki, felix da housecat, white lies, crystal castles, ghostland observatory, beirut, paul mccartney, the presets, genghis tron

Last edited by righteousdnk; 07-14-2009 at 10:50 PM.

i was sitting down taking a break for awhile last night outside the sahara. this clean cut younger white guy came up next to me and asked me if i had a pipe they could borrow. told him i didn't smoke and his reply was "good for you". hmm?

I was told by someone that there were supposed to be something like 2000 under covers there this year. I doubt that number is correct, but there were a lot of under covers.

Quote Originally Posted by righteousdnk View Post
    I was told by someone that there were supposed to be something like 2000 under covers there this year. I doubt that number is correct, but there were a lot of under covers.
    I bet you that number is close. I counted how many times I got hit up for some "E"(lol) on Friday.........9--freaking times!!! everytime the dude was alone and looked out of place.

....that was rediculous. Something was definitely up this year.......

if you don't want to get busted... don't do anything that would get you busted.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Sadly, this is now par for the course for music festivals. It is all about money and arrest rates for NARC's. Most NARC officers earn huge overtime pay for a festival like Coachella and they have to justify the cost through arrests.
    A poorly performing dept can 'boost' its arrest rate and drugs haul at Coachella-making 50-100 busts is good business. Means they can ask for more money for the next year.
    Sadly, these policing methods do very little to address the bigger problem of drug trade. It is just easier and looks impressive when the respective departments present their figures for arrests, seizures and convictions.
    GV is relatively powerless to control the numbers of NARC officers. Any complaints will result in the threat of the withdrawal of Law Enforcement. It is all very political but at the same time all very unneccesary. End result it squashes a couple of bugs in a swarm.

Dumbest shit was this famale came up to me a my friend and straight out ask and I quote "Do you guys have any drugs" WTF!! worst NARC EVAR!
    Last edited by Creeper; 04-20-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    If you see me dancing.......join in!

This really young looking girl with red hair approached me and asked "Do you have any weed for sale"? She sounded so awkward. I'm 40, so maybe this possible narc was trying to speak my parlance by saying "weed."

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    Dumbest shit was this famale came up to me a my friend and straight out ask and I quote "Do you guys have any drugs" WTF!! worst NARC EVAR!
    all this crap and they only had around 50 arrests this year compared to 90-some from last year. pathetic..

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Most of these people are full of shit and paranoid. Don't let paranoia ruin your fun. That said i'm surprised more people don't die in the Sahara each year. People are fucking cracked out of their skulls in there. Lots of them.

I doubt she was a narc because she was young and cute but a girl walked up to me on Thursday and asked me if it was OK if she could ask me an inappropriate question. I told her to go ahead and she asked me if I had any mushrooms. I wanted to be slick and say "yeah, one right here baby" and point to my crotch, but then I remembered that I was at Coachella and not Stagecoach.

my friend got arrested in the campground . its a crazy story that i don't have the energy to explain but we were doing nothing wrong and it was entrapment... sadly i guess he had some coke on him. my friend is now a felon. great.....
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    I check for camping wristbands before I put my penis in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler0js View Post
    TRV$DJ-AM and Bloody Beetroots need to switch set times
    QFT!

2005, 2006, 2008, 2009

I saw a guy take off in the beer gardens by the sahara and two narcs chasing him they were both wearing coachella shirts and both had earpieces this guy ran over and i think tried to hop the gate only to make a u turn and sprint for the exit. We all cheered him on and he made it out with plenty of room to get away I hope he did.

I saw undercovers take down some guy in the Sahara on Saturday. All of a sudden a bunch of 30 year olds dropped their water bottles and tackled a dude before taking him away in handcuffs.

My girlfriend asked around for joints throughout the weekend (we couldn't bring our own since we flew), but no one gave/sold any to her. I think the Coachella crowd is getting paranoid and somewhat rightly so, because NARCs are around. It's making Coachella a somewhat scary experience. People can't share weed (or anything else for that matter) and you have to constantly be watching your back if you smoke weed or do other drugs. Seriously, what percentage of the Coachella crowd smokes weed? Like 75%? Obviously Goldenvoice needs to prevent the event from becoming a drug free for all (like some other festivals are), but it's getting to be a little much.
    '08,'09

Agreed, even though I blame most of what I said on paranoia that set in there shouldn't be any reason for me to experience such paranoia at something so amazing. It wasn't even that I had a reason to be scared since Sunday I had absolutely nothing, it was just the fact that I felt like a suspect and if they would have acted, dealing with that situation would have ruined Coachella for me.

there have been tons of narcs at Coachella forever...that's why I never participate in any transactions there, too sketchy....over the years, I've seen many people tackled and arrested, but this year I didn't see much of that

I saw several typical looking beefy coppish guys scanning the crowd, not paying attention to any of the music...but later sunday, my friends and I were approached and followed around by 2 very attractive girls who gave off a strangely suspicious narc vibe that made us really uncomfortable...they asked us several times for pills and when we left, we saw them a few more times like they were trailing us...maybe just paranoid, but it was definitely odd
    '99-'11...

Before Etienne my friend and I were sitting outside the Sahara taking in some of the Cubatron when some guy acting ridiculously fucked up came and asked me for some pills. I knew he was acting because he went to the guy sitting next and continued acting fucked up and talked about going to school with the guy next to me. Then in a serious voice he said, "alright this kids not budging. lets find some pills over there," and they both got up and left.

Quote Originally Posted by righteousdnk View Post
    I don't even know where to begin on the narcs. Friday, I didn't notice any but on Saturday I watched a guy who offered my friend and I pills ten minutes before get put into a choke hold, thrown to the ground and arrested by three fully strapped undercovers. Then later in the night I was sitting outside the Sahara after the Bloody Beetroots near the water and first aid tent when a narc came up and asked me for a joint, I simply said no and turned away. For the entire time up until the Crookers started undercovers started swarming the place. Granted the three of us were rolling, hard, I still had my wits about me and was observant. I watched two of them dressed up like "ravers" with khaki cargo shorts with either a blue shirt with a backwards yellow "PLUR" hat or visa versa. They were flat out trying to set up traps. I saw a guy sit down next to us probably 20 ft away and not even a minute later he was moving closer and closer. "Shots" were being taken, they had vapor inhalers, the whole works just trying to bait someone in. I went into the Sahara with my friend for the Crookers, we found a nice spot and sat down for a cigarette. As I opened my bag and reached in a girl walks by with a camera facing down at my open bag and takes a picture. I yelled out that I saw her do it but obviously she didn't answer. The Crookers started and we moved up some and were then boxed in completely by narcs. They all stuck out like sore thumbs and there tactics were ridiculous. They had a "couple" grinding together on our sides and others coming and going at our front and back. My pockets were touched from every angle and I made it loud and clear that I was not cool with these random people touching me like that. I knocked off one of the guys hats revealing a wire and saw a wire and microphone hanging out of a bandana wrapped around one of their necks. I grabbed my friend and we moved only to be boxed in once again. This is were it really upset me, as they had us boxed the exact same way they were grabbing my bag and squeezing it, asking me for lighters, gum, cigarettes. I heard a girl say, "Lets smoke cigarettes and he'll want one so he'll open his bag." They did, I didn't open my bag. As the Chemical Brothers went on one of them walked by between us, pushed me and grabbed my friends purse almost completely ripping it apart. Then not even ten minutes later I watched a guy who I am not sure was an undercover or not, creep uncomfortably close to my friend and she looked at me and was not cool with it, when I looked down I saw his hand squeezing her purse and going inside it. I asked him what the fuck he was doing and stepped between him and her. He gave me what I believe to be some fake fucked up daze and wouldn't answer me. That's when I called them out on all the shit they were doing and walked out, but the walk out was not easy. Some pretty large and unusually stiff for the Sahara guys tried to block us.

To sum it all up, I was followed for the most part of Sunday too. Everytime I went to the bathroom the same guy was at the port a john next to me. Everytime I left a tent someone rolled off the supports and started following. Every now and then I'd walk by someone with glowsticks and they'd randomly wave them in the air and start yelling. Everytime I would stop moving someone in the crowd would put their hands up and trying pumping them to the music in my direction and more random people would always be showing up. Whenever I had an itch on my nose and I'd scratch it, people would start whistling. This was not just once or twice, but mostly every single time, especially in the Sahara. I felt targeted in the campgrounds and in the festival someone would always be standing near me talking unusually loud about how they need pills, ecstasy, coke, etc.

Now to clear a few things up, Saturday I had three strong rolls I kept stored in where you put the battery in the cell phone. Took one before Bloody Beetroots and then the last two before MSTRKRFT. I was rolling balls for MSKTRKRFT, so hard that the stage was completely vibrating and I couldn't really make anything out. Before and during the Crookers I am without a doubt positive they were narcs but as for the rest I am starting to believe that it was a paranoia that set in while I was rolling and wouldn't go away and when that's coupled with my complete awareness of everything happening around me, the "everytime" things could have simple coincidences. But all that aside, I had the absolute greatest time this weekend and am so very depressed that it is over until next year.

Just wanted to get my story out there.
    SERIOUSLY, "E" IS NOT YOUR FRIEND! Christ, I had to laugh at all of this because while reading your post, I actually expected you to mention the older couple up front by the 2 dudes in the khakis and PLUR hats...unless of course we were the ones you said were grinding...(We were grinding allright, especially when MSTRKRFT's lightshow seemed to make the whole Sahara tent appear to be vibrating!) In your complete awareness, did you also note that the tent was full, and the chances of somebody up against your bag was pretty damned good? If being paranoid at Coachella was great, I suggest trying it sober next year for an even better time.

BTW...I'm also guilty of random glowstick waving, whistling, and dancing with my arms in the air, as well as dancing from tent to tent instead of walking normally...It's called having a kickass time!

notice how all this shit goes down at the sahara?

all these sightings of narcs and yet did anybody notice how ridiculously easy it was to bring stuff in? wow. i didn't even try to hide it on sunday

They had a "couple" grinding together on our sides
    You are living proof that, "E, It does a body good"

Thanks for making this Coachella the best Coachella ever!

Love always,
    The narc "couple" grinding next to you...

Banned

some narcs were good
    some narcs were straight up stupid
    during zane lowe i had narc come up next to me and my group of friends and try to be all nonchalant and look in our eyes, get a complete visual on us and what not. I was like really dude? You're gunna be that obvious?!

then i had three lonely little girlies run up to me and my friends asking for either "x" or "e". Easy as hell to spot them too.

Funniest ones were the ones who looked like they could be my parents sitting and scoping out the crowd in the sahara during para one and surkin in the back
    i mean really guys are you going to be THAT obvious?!?!?

There were many narcs this year. My buddy was followed around for 45 minutes on friday.

Also, there was a huge, out of place looking guy near the left entrance of the Sahara on saturday who I saw pointing at me to some guys near one of the back speaker towers. Wasn't a big deal. Just dont be dumb.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    if you don't want to get busted... don't do anything that would get you busted.
    I was with a group, and we had a few people that REALLY had to smoke some weed. Went into the Do Lab, found two guys openlu smoking out of a pipe, joined them for 10 minutes or so, then got up to leave.

Obscured by a piece of art, not more than 20 feet away were 3 Police Officers in full gear (not undercover). There were also plenty of underage kids, some that might not have been hip to pot smoking just yet.

We did a very stupid thing and got away with it.
    But McCartney sounded great.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    you mean #Blowie2014

Yeah I had a completely out of place idiot with a blank trucker hat and some foolish clothes on ask me for drugs after some friends and I casually ate our cookies in the sahara beer garden. Another older chick who looked about 35+ years old in unmarked clothing and green earplugs with a "field" wrist band on asked me if I was "really messed up" and if I had any extra "Ex or Cid" while I was in the Sahara during EDC.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

I had a couple come up to me in the Sahara during Marshall Barnes...both had field passes on, and the dude looked like a stoner but something just didnt seem right...they asked "do you have E?"....total narcs.