Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RATM....headlining?

Default RATM....headlining?

Really?

No problem with the band thought can't say I'm much of a fan. But headlining? I can see them filling a slot like Kraftwerk - late at night, post headliner almost - but are they really big enough to headline? Pixies didn't headline. Bauhause didn't headline...Just don't see them as big enough.

Default Re: RATM....headlining?

who are you kidding? they are one of the biggest icons of the 90's in terms of political activism, voice, power, and an amazing rock style and sound. when i think of the rock music of the 90's generation, i think of them.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

bulls on parade is one of the most intense songs i've ever seen live...

they're a bit heavy for me but i still think they're gonna be great

RATM would headline so easily.

Rage is much bigger than Bauhaus though.

(tt's girlfriend) If Coachella was in any other state, I would agree, that Rage would have 2nd billiing. No material in while and is a reuniting (like pixies) but its SoCal, and they are natives so I can see why. The PIxies had 2nd billing and I think were far more loved and had more of an impact in the music industry. Thom Yorke said he felt Radiohead should've opened for the Pixies on stage- Who would say that about Rage?

Sure they're intense. Sure they have a solid core of fans. But how many fans did they draw to their shows? I just don't think of them as being as big as previous headliners, that's all.

I'm no ta big RATM fan, Offyrhd, but you must be kidding me if you don't think they will draw a HUGE crowd - especially in SoCal and especially since, previsouly, the thought of them reuniting seemed impossible. If anythin, this makes me happy because it means Audioslave is dead (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    If anythin, this makes me happy because it means Audioslave is dead (hopefully).
    *crosses fingers*

personally i think there kinda whack, with the exception of 2 or 3 good songs. Im not down with the whole Rap/metal korn/linkinpark/limpbizkit scene.

I wouldnt want to see them headline. There not as big of a name to carry a headlining spot.

Banned

ok its time to send a wake up call.

would the pixies or rage headline? sorry guys i dig the pixies but rage is at another level. their live shows are amazing. i know some of you are too young to understand it but u will see soon enough. the pixies are a nice novelty of what was. rage will bring it like no other and especially with so much political chaos right now with the war and other things. this is where it will be and it will be amazing.

Comparing RATM to Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit is like comparing Pearl Jam to Puddle of Mudd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

There not as big of a name to carry a headlining spot.
    the pixies are a nice novelty of what was
    First, The Pixies were not a mere novelty. They were just before your time, just like RATM was before the time of a lot of the people on here now, so you don't understand. They are a band whose popularity and stature grew after they broke up.

As for RATM not being big, that's just ignorance. Seriously, that's a huge reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by rampaige View Post
    Comparing RATM to Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit is like comparing Pearl Jam to Puddle of Mudd.
    That was so much nicer than what I was going to say.

Also, you're one post away from "member" status.

So say we all.

TT's Girlfriend)
    I have seen the Pixies twice and Rage back when I was in High School so Im not young- and yes they were amazing= but its not the 90's anymore they arent a headliner. I dont think I made myself clear- I didnt think Pixies shouldve headlined either. I was just sayin...

I was in 6th grade when RATM broke up, and was pissed that I would never see them live. So I am very excited, along with the other new fans or people who just never got to see them back in the day. They can certainly headline.

Technically speaking, the pixies didn't headline.

But Rage is already the one act everyone is talking about.

I hope they have new material.

I never said the Pixies Headlined I said that THOM YOrke felt like they should have. I was disagreeing w/ Thom Yorke. I think reunited bands should get 2nd billing.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    I was in 6th grade when RATM broke up
    I'm not even that old, but this statement makes me feel like I need a walker. It seems like eons have passed since they broke up.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboy80 View Post
    I hope they have new material.
    Heh. I hope they don't. I want only old stuff, mostly from the self-titled and Battle of Los Angeles.

It's all their "new" material since 1992 that's keeping me from the main stage when the Chili Peppers are on.

No Kidding!!! 6th grade! we should get senior discounts- HAHA

I guess your right. There new material could suck. Hopefully Zach doesnt take up too much time bitchin about our gov't! What do I care I prolly wont even watch rage.

Quote Originally Posted by NoneForMeThanks View Post
    That was so much nicer than what I was going to say.

Also, you're one post away from "member" status.
    Sweet! Member at last!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

Andrew is wise beyond his years.

When he is 29, he will put the 29-year old me to shame. Then again, I'll be 39, but whatever.

if this is true I'll be there!! the last time I've seen RATM was in Germany in 2000 at one of the biggest festivals in front of 60000 people and I've never seen more people rock out to a band, they were amazing!! I was never a big fan but live they rocked waaay more than pretty much any other band I've ever seen and that's around 200....

Quote Originally Posted by rampaige View Post
    Like i said, im not really a big fan.

it wasnt really a comparison, its just that to me they all fall into the same Rap/Metal catergory. I really dont care if they are there or not...I'll just go check out another stage while they perform.
    Last edited by Cydewonder; 01-21-2007 at 05:52 PM.

RAtM reminds me of high school and all the homophobic metalheads wearing their Evil Empire t-shirts. I've never been able to get past that. Tom Morello is an amazing guitarist, though. It's probably not good to base a band off their fans because Tool has some major meatheads as fans as well... but I seem to recall Tool getting MAJOR backlash on these boards last year. I'm not quite certain what Rage has that Tool doesn't.
    Last edited by microcuts; 01-21-2007 at 05:53 PM.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Dude Headline Questions? Have you been to an Audioslave Concert? They are lackluster at best; however, when they play Rage songs the crowd goes wild. As far as not being able to draw a Big CROWD have you seen their DVDs? They have played in front of over a Hundred Thousand people in Europe during their First couple of World Tours. the DNC event was sick here in Los Angeles...They shut down Downtown L.A. It is the best time and Venue for them to play. You'll enjoy their set. Now as far as the correlations to Limp Bizkit goes that is just plain unwarranted.

My friend (HUGE RATM fan) and I were hanging out in our apartment and were listening to the radio, KROQ, I believe, when they broke the news that RATM had broken up. They had people calling in, crying, asking if it was really true. We kinda laughed, because we thought it was silly to call in a radio station and cry over a band breaking up, but it just shows you how important they were to some people. I would always pretend to not like them, just to piss off my friend. I'd compare them to Limp Bizkit all the time, haha. Of course, I was being facetious. I'm freakin' excited about RATM re-uniting and I can't wait to have my ears melted off my face. I can't wait to listen to Bjork under a starry desert sky, with my girlfriend. As for RHCP, I'm sure something else worthwhile will be on at that time.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)