Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That misleading presale was kind of sh*tty.

Default Re: That misleading presale was kind of sh*tty.

It's also conveniently done when the festival switches from two days to three days. I know this follows the mold of other festivals but given the timing, a three-day festival could be difficult for someone working full-time or in school (with exams looming). The argument made is that people who took advantage of the presale would have done so even without any misleading, but I'm not sure that is the case with a three-day festival. There might have been more of a tendency to wait until more was known about the line-up before fully committing to attending all three days.

if anyone wants a refund on their presale tickets they should email me and I will take care of it immediately. otherwise shut up
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

First, Gabe I am surprised you are reacting to this so mch.

Second, I didn't think abou thte password being roxanne, either.

Third,
    It's a cynical and disgusting day when people can talk themselves into believing that people deserve punishment simply for getting excited about the opportunity to see a favorite band, particularly one who hasn't played in 20 years.
    Who is getting punished? That statment is loaded with entitlement. Does GV OWE us something? For what? they're giving us a 20% discount. That's something. Now you feel like they owe you something else, based on a password?

please stop arguing about it. im asking nicely.

i did't get any presale info via email. i went to Ticketmaster and could not find any obvious presale. i thought i was a member of this fine ommunity (albeit not one of the most active). Where is this presale?

refund ... it means no chance for The Police waaaahh

am still going without the police but am so disappointed

I think what bugs me most is that it was The Police and there are all kinds of speculation currently going on that they will be playing shows to commemorate their 30th anniversary. I mean, putting Gwen in as the password wouldn't really cause that much of a reaction one way or the other, she's current and would be more believable as a joke. "Roxanne" is more of an insult than a joke. That's my suggestion if you want to screw with us next time - don't raise it to the level of a (mostly) universally loved band that hasn't played in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Go Patriots!
    -----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    please stop arguing about it. im asking nicely.
    why? this is fun. much more fun than seeing the police not headlining.

Can someone please fill me in on when the presale was and how was everyone informed?
    I buy presale every year when GV sends out the email. For some reason i didn't get it this year. was there even an email sent?

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    First, Gabe I am surprised you are reacting to this so mch.

Third,

Who is getting punished? That statment is loaded with entitlement. Does GV OWE us something? For what? they're giving us a 20% discount. That's something. Now you feel like they owe you something else, based on a password?
    Jeff, I'm responding to the sentiment expressed above that it's not irresponsible in any way to set as a presale password a famous song title for a band that's rumored to play. I personally don't give a shit about The Police playing or not playing, and as I've said a couple times already, I'm loving the initial reports of who's playing this year. But people on here are acting like it's all fun and games to intentionally mislead the Coachella community with those passwords & asterisks, and I'm saying it's a move with a much higher potential for alienating people than the entertainment value of a practical joke is worth.

There's no entitlement in my statement. Some people are all over the board saying that "people get what they deserve" for making fake posters or letting the rumor mill run amok; I'm calling that extreme bullshit. I didn't say that Goldenvoice owes anybody anything, least of all a Police reunion; I said that the idea of that is exciting to people, and if you intentionally lead them down that road only to reveal there was no truth to it, you're going to piss them off, and it's not right. I'm sure that whoever made up the idea for the prank - assuming that it is one, mind you, because none of us know shit at this point - laughed long and hard, but it's a big "fuck you" to people who had legitimate excitement at seeing a band that, in many cases, they have probably never seen before.

Dani, I will stop arguing it when people stop defending it.

Yablo, perfectly stated.
    -----------------------

I didn't get a pre-sale notice from anyone--especially Golden Voice--either, and I've pretty much attended very Coachella since inception. So, Psychic Friend, what happened? I got a pre-sale last year, and I haven't changed my email address. Really, what happened? I'm not trying to be a smart -ss, but I'd really like to know who got the pre-sale info, and what the qualifications were.

Quite a few people that got the presale e-mail might have thought nothing of it (though I'm not sure what else you associate "Roxanne" with). However it was hard not to notice that certain words on the message board (such as "presale", "passes", "police", "sting", etc.) were somewhat censored over the past couple of days, and seeing that and knowing that the presale was "Roxanne" would cause a few people to make the connection. Furthermore, it might cause them to go ahead and take the plunge on the three-day pass for an opportunity to see, as Yabs said, a band a lot of us love that hasn't played in years. If the misleading leads to a purchase that might not have been made at that point otherwise, then that kind of sucks and shows a bit of lack of respect for the fans (since this was offered to the Community and not the general public).

But Dani has offered a refund and I'm requesting her wishes and shutting up.

I thought the whole thing was funny. Way to go Dani! You guys definitely suprised alot of ppl I think. I kind of had a feeling it might be joke, albeit a sick one, but those jokes are usually the funniest.

what yablo said

the censoring was to prevent further info of the presale, the PRIVATE presale being posted here, publicly. ill type that again if you need me to.

although i need plenty of things from a lady as fine as your self, presale info would be appreciated.

in the words of chris daughtry,

ITS NOT OOOOOOVEEEERRRRRRRRR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    in the words of chris daughtry,

ITS NOT OOOOOOVEEEERRRRRRRRR.
    I've been trying to say this in my posts as well - we don't know dick right now.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the censoring was to prevent further info of the presale, the PRIVATE presale being posted here, publicly. ill type that again if you need me to.
    Don't be so naive as to think that the people that post on message boards don't share information with each other or know how to work around word censorship. The password thing was a dick move. I'm dissapointed in knowing that someone came up with it, and others approved it, thinking it would be some great joke to pull on the community that creates A LOT of buzz for this festival.

yeah. that presale information spread like wildfire. i found it all over the place.

which means a lot of people who aren't in this community -- who aren't diehards that would be buying the tickets anyway -- saw that the police would (theoretically) be there and bought tickets.

i'm sick of the excuses. just apologize. please.

However it was hard not to notice that certain words on the message board (such as "presale", "passes", "police", "sting", etc.) were somewhat censored over the past couple of days, and seeing that and knowing that the presale was "Roxanne" would cause a few people to make the connection.
    Look - the censoring was a bit of fun that was instigated AFTER the email, after everyone came here blabbing about a presale that was not mean to for public consumption.

Yes, I'm sure the censoring was menat to get people going. PF EVEN SAID SO. Anyway, why do you think 199 and 200 and pre and sale and passsword were censored, in addition to Police/Sting/Roxanne?

Finally, there is no reason to think the Police are completely ruled out. I think the password hoopla took them by surprise and spun out of control. Maybe -- just maybe -- they leaked the info to the LA Times a day early to throw everyone off the scent of pork, ya know? Or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by feed them to lions View Post
    Don't be so naive as to think that the people that post on message boards don't share information with each other or know how to work around word censorship. The password thing was a dick move. I'm dissapointed in knowing that someone came up with it, and others approved it, thinking it would be some great joke to pull on the community that creates A LOT of buzz for this festival.
    Most of the community treated it as a joke, how many times were there posts scoffing at how ridiculous this idea was? And you have the gall to accuse others of naivete...

Go Patriots!
    -----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    And you have the gall to accuse others of naivete...
    I will address you when you can properly construct a sentence.

wasnt being naive, just modding this particular board.

Gabe and Yablo - I see your points. Disagree, but see them nonetheless. I think most of the people that got the email knew enough to know it wasn't a sure thing. It wasn't like people that had never been through the process of lineup relevation got the email, as jax said. We had all been through process before, and we all knew better, no matter what you tell yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.