Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That misleading presale was kind of sh*tty.

Default Re: That misleading presale was kind of sh*tty.

Quote Originally Posted by feed them to lions View Post
    I will address you when you can properly construct a sentence.
    Let's try this again. Perhaps you are incapable of understanding the implications of an incomplete thought...

Forget it. You aren't worth the time.

you guys are taking this a little too hard...heck, even if the password had been "GEOGADDI", I don't think I'd be this upset.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Seriously. How many people do you think bought presale tickets expecting The Police to be there, and how pissed do you think those people are now (referring to the LA Times confirmations of RHCP, Rage, and Bjork)?

I am a little stunned neither Smashing Pumpkins or Police are there. I mean, Rage will be amazing, but I've never gotten into Bjork, and RHCP are a bit disappointing, I feel like they're always touring.

Mostly I'm just pissed to have been so mislead. But I doubt they'll add someone of Pumpkins or Police magnitude if they're not announced officially tomorrow.
    FUCK THE POLIIICE you had to know they were fuckin with you

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    you guys are taking this a little too hard...heck, even if the password had been "GEOGADDI", I don't think I'd be this upset.
    hhahaha

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Again, I'm really not upset about it. I'd rather see The Police than the Chili Peppers, sure...but I'd rather see Smashing Pumpkins than either of them; more importantly, I'd rather see Rage Against the Machine and/or Bjork than all three. It's more just the principle of the joke, and the idea that it's justified because everyone goes rabid at this time of year, that I think is messed up.

Also, Erik.....you really would rather not find out the hard way about that, would you?

am i making a mistake deciding against not doing the pre-sale (EDIT: i mean, i have done pre-sale for the past 2 years) just b/c i'm super paranoid about the whole "not being mailed until 2-3 weeks *before* the show" thing?? (especially since i'm 99 percent sure i'll probably be moving between now and coachella but address/location is still TBD).

hmm.. one more hour to decide! ack decisions decisions!!
    Last edited by laineinla; 01-21-2007 at 05:38 PM.
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

From what I remember, The Police were never actually rumored to play. Everything i remember was people saying "wouldn't it be awesome if The Police play?" There wasn't any suggestion of someone having inside knowledge, that there was someone's friend at Capitol Records who told them this or that. I have a hard enough time picturing Sting trying to get back into the Police mold at all, let alone having the opportunity to witness them play live. Didn't even enter my mind as a possibility until I got that e-mail. My own rationalization was that GV wouldn't screw with us that way. Yeah, I'm THAT naive. So I got excited and started listening to all their music - "Spirits in the Material World," "Walking on the Moon," "Don't Stand So Close to Me," "Demolition Man," Miss Gredenko," etc, etc and got all psyched out. Now that it looks like they aren't playing, I'm a little bummed and don't think it was all that funny as a joke. This would actually have been the first headliner that I would have been genuinely excited about.

It didnt' affect my purchasing decision...and I'm not going to bitch about it any more...but I don't think it was too cool.

That said...fucking Crowded House....The Good, The Bad, and the Queen, Manu Chau....it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

I was the same way. I took the Police rumours with a grain of salt, until I saw the pre-sale password, and that's when I actually got excited. Call me naive, I guess. Other bands would excite me as well, such as RATM, Smashing Pumpkins, so it's all good. I'm going regardless and the fact that I thought the Police would be playing did not incline me to buy tickets moreso than if I had no idea who was playing. I'd buy regardless. But I will admit the pre-sale password thing got me excited about them playing.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Seriously. How many people do you think bought presale tickets expecting The Police to be there, and how pissed do you think those people are now (referring to the LA Times confirmations of RHCP, Rage, and Bjork)?

I am a little stunned neither Smashing Pumpkins or Police are there. I mean, Rage will be amazing, but I've never gotten into Bjork, and RHCP are a bit disappointing, I feel like they're always touring.

Mostly I'm just pissed to have been so mislead. But I doubt they'll add someone of Pumpkins or Police magnitude if they're not announced officially tomorrow.

I was buying pre sale no matter what..... Who cares who plays, I think its genius with the decoy of the offficers of the law...

Quote Originally Posted by laineinla View Post
    am i making a mistake deciding against not doing the pre-sale (EDIT: i mean, i have done pre-sale for the past 2 years) just b/c i'm super paranoid about the whole "not being mailed until 2-3 weeks *before* the show" thing?? (especially since i'm 99 percent sure i'll probably be moving between now and coachella but address/location is still TBD).

hmm.. one more hour to decide! ack decisions decisions!!

Your billing and shipping addresses can be different. I'm having mine sent to work. So, if there's an alternate address you can use, then definitely do the pre-sale

Hey now, hey now, Yablonowitz. The worrrrrrst is ooooover.

Hey now, hey now...

Quote Originally Posted by feed them to lions View Post
    Hey now, hey now, Yablonowitz. The worrrrrrst is ooooover.

Hey now, hey now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

Wow people sure are overreacting... if anyone seriously bought the tickets just because they thought the Police were playing, then you can always SELL the tickets. And probably even make a profit off it since you can sell it for face value, which will be higher than what you paid for the presale. Sheesh.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

why is it we can make threads about the presales now.. but we weren't allowed before?? even though it's not even 8:00 yet..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

I just bit the bullet. I hope I can actually afford to go.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Has Crowded House done anything of merit besides that one horrible, horrible song?

If you think "Don't Dream Its Over" is a horrible song...then, no.

But for my money, they made four brilliant albums. Like Fountains of Wayne, the indie hipster douches will call them "soft rock" or "adult contemporary," but they are top notch songwriters. I'm surprised they're playing...their drummer committed suicide a couple years ago and I didn't think they'd ever play again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Okay, that did sound really smartassy, the question i meant to convey was, to those who like Crowded House, what would be some songs I should look for that are better than that single?

i actually don't believe you on that erik. i think if they had your hopes up that BoC was playing, and in your mind you had been convinced that it truly might happen, and then later to be told it was a joke, you'd have been pretty crushed. i'm sure it's similar for a lot of the Police's fans.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

I second Yabs that if you don't like "Don't Dream It's Over", then I'm really not sure what to recommend to change your mind. Different strokes and all that. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite among their first four albums (which I feel are all excellent), and I got to see them live on their tour for "Woodface" and they put on a really good, fun live show.

I still haven't checked out their "farewell" show that was released on CD this month though.

edit: was posting before I saw the above response. Personal favorite songs of mine are: "Better Be Home Soon", "Sister Madly", "Fall At Your Feet", "Four Seasons In One Day", "Weather With You", "Black And White Boy", "Distant Sun", "Walking On The Spot"...um...that's more than I meant to list...
    Last edited by CuervoPH; 01-21-2007 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the censoring was to prevent further info of the presale, the PRIVATE presale being posted here, publicly. ill type that again if you need me to.
    what was the criteria for being included in the private presale?

Im just disappointed that you guys didn't make the password LOVELESS. Imagine the madness then.

let the piracy begin...

what was the criteria for being included in the private presale?
    you had to have signed up to the coachella community within the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

I had signed up with the coachella community and never got an email about the presale.

What email address did you give them? Di dyou check the spam folder?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Yeah, I just double checked everything and logged onto the Community with my current email address. Not in my spam either. Oh, well.

same here, tnordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

you're right brad....you might as well had just aimed a crossbow at my heart and fired