Thread: Morrissey...I'm confused...

Question Morrissey...I'm confused...

Alright i'm gonna get flamed really hard right now but i need to know something... i don't know anything about the Smiths or Morrissey so I checked out the video they have on his coachella page... its one of the most hilariously bad songs i have ever listened to... the dude looks like a complete douche and he is so into his shitty song. I guess I just don't understand it cuz i'm a techie-head...I'll probably end up going and supporting the Stones Throw crew and go see what PB Wolf ends up doing

But honestly, what is the appeal Morrissey? You guys talk about him like hes a legend...

Default Re: Morrissey...I'm confused...

He sang for The Smiths, start there, then figure out that he still kept going on his own after they broke up. He has been at it for almost 30 years, what do you expect.

Dude...go see Beirut...gonna be the best show going on at that moment next to Peanut Butter Wolf...in my opinion.

He has a great crooner voice that was uniquely juxtaposed against Johnny Marr's tight guitar riffage in The Smiths, who were one of the most influential pre-alternative/britpop acts of the 80s. He also writes fantasically droll (but often tongue-in-cheek) lyrics.

He's also the prototypical hipster-douche, for better or for worse. I am quite excited to see him, but understand if he's a little before your time.
    Last edited by JebusLives; 04-14-2009 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

What I want to know is why Morrissey has a fucking hour long scheduled set change.

Actually, what is going on with all these random set changes. I hate waiting. Seriously, it hurts me...

old school

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfmYminD View Post
    What I want to know is why Morrissey has a fucking hour long scheduled set change.

Actually, what is going on with all these random set changes. I hate waiting. Seriously, it hurts me...
    then take drugs?

Back pain, was actually a huge consideration when I was deciding whether to roll or not.

If he played an hour earlier, then a lot of people wanting to see Cohen as well would be pisssssed

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfmYminD View Post

Those MORRISSEY stage letters are big!
    Seriously, it's a quiet stage for Leonard Cohen.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.