Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Anybody Coming To Glastonbury From The States!!!(or uk/europe)

Default Is Anybody Coming To Glastonbury From The States!!!(or uk/europe)

I was just wondering if anyone was planning on making a trip over to Glastonbury this year?

Default Re: Is Anybody Coming To Glastonbury From The States!!!(or uk/europe)

HELL YEAH, BUT THEN IM ALREADY IN LONDON (and then Sziget Festival in Budapest in august)
    There he goes... one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind nevereven considered for mass production. -Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Cool!!!
    I think if people ain't ever been there before they really do need to go and do glastonbury!!!!
    it is the largest party on earth!!!
    i'll be there for my summer holiday after i've checked out coachella!!!!
    heres to a fun festival season all around the world

I'm planning on going and I can't fuckin wait!!

vinylmartyr

I wish.

this will be my first glastonbury, are we guaranteed mud? nothing better than a muddy festival as far as im concerned.
    There he goes... one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind nevereven considered for mass production. -Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Lurker

i really want to go, it is hyped up to be amazing this year. Although ticket prices are insane in mid-june, so i might have to put it off another year. whomever is going though, i hope you have an awesome time!

where glastonburys concerned you are almost certain of at least a little mud!!!
    it does add to the fun and the proper fans are up to there arses in mud/water/shit!

I thought a Glastonbury was like a surgery they do when you are like really obese.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I thought a Glastonbury was like a surgery they do when you are like really obese.
    lol

Yup, this is gonna be my first one and I can't wait. I just hope it doesn't sell out in about 5 seconds because there wasn't one last year.

What city do you fly into for Glastonbury, if you're coming from the States?
    And if I'm reading the website correctly, the lineup isn't announced until like 5 weeks before the festival? Is that right?

apparently thats right this year... in previous years we've known whos going before you get tickets... i think its all a bit screwed up that you could be buying tickets for bands you dont like....

however saying that -

glastonbury is a wicked festival because there really is something for everyone. from cool shops and stalls, to fortune telling, our door cinemas, arts and crafts...ive missed stacks out, so even if youre not fussed about the bands you can still have a wild time sitting up by the stone circle watching people do poy and talking insane jabber to random faeries.

great fun.

xxfxx

try flying into bristol if possible. if not... i guess its london heathrow.

xxfxx

But then England is so small that you could fly to pretty much anywhere where you wanted to go and then get a train to the festival.

Lurker

I would love to go to Glasto again but im not gona bother cos its actually impossible to get a ticket inless you've got the fastest internet connection in the world!

If anyone does get one though i recommend spending alot of your time by the Glade stage, its the place to be. Or just go to the glade festival, i reckon its better

Quote Originally Posted by ~fab81~ View Post
    apparently thats right this year... in previous years we've known whos going before you get tickets... i think its all a bit screwed up that you could be buying tickets for bands you dont like....

however saying that -

glastonbury is a wicked festival because there really is something for everyone. from cool shops and stalls, to fortune telling, our door cinemas, arts and crafts...ive missed stacks out, so even if youre not fussed about the bands you can still have a wild time sitting up by the stone circle watching people do poy and talking insane jabber to random faeries.

great fun.

xxfxx
    well for all the years i've been to glastonbury 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 the line up wasn't released until 2 weeks before at the earliest!!!
    I know this is fact because when i went for the first time i didn't know the line up until i arrived on site!
    you must all have faith that the festival team will secure a truely amazing and diverse range of bands/artists!!
    every year the festivals on they deliver the goods!! this year will be no exception.
    trust me in the fact that i reckon £150 or $300 is more thanadequate for a festival that includes camping! with the added bonus of you never having to leave the site itself for the duration of the festival. (unless you stay in the caravan/rv section)
    Here comes the summer
    lets have some

It shouldn't be as hard as usual this year to get a ticket. The pre-registration thing will stop people buying them all instantly to sell them on. Don't get me wrong, they'll still sell out, but it might take about half an hour instead of 5 minutes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by happyguy23 View Post
    It shouldn't be as hard as usual this year to get a ticket. The pre-registration thing will stop people buying them all instantly to sell them on. Don't get me wrong, they'll still sell out, but it might take about half an hour instead of 5 minutes this year.
    well i know that one and a half million people have registered so far!!!!
    and theres still 12 days left!!!
    some people are gonna be disappointed!!
    if i was living abroad i'd be buzzing cuz you can get through for internatonal sales so much easier than the regular line.
    but fingers crossed lets hope we win the lottery!!
    good luck

do you think the pre-registration with the photo id will work? gonna kill the ticket scalpers profits. i love the idea

Quote Originally Posted by nic_ball View Post
    well i know that one and a half million people have registered so far!!!!
    and theres still 12 days left!!!
    some people are gonna be disappointed!!
    if i was living abroad i'd be buzzing cuz you can get through for internatonal sales so much easier than the regular line.
    but fingers crossed lets hope we win the lottery!!
    good luck
    Jesus that's a lot of people who are going to miss out. How many tickets are there? I might go abroad and try and get one if that's the case.

that photo idea is kind of a good idea but also a pain in the ass... ive never ever been organised enough to buy a ticket, ive always turned up and got in one way or another.

xxfxx

the photo idea is ridiculous all they need to do is take name and birth date details when purchasing tickets and then check photo id at the gate and they would achieve the same thing. still ill be making the effort and crossing my fingers come 1 april.

Lurker

I'll be there... Playing there. get in!

Has the lineup been announced? Doubt I could make the trip, but I'd be interested in seeing who's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by BritAbroad View Post
    I'll be there... Playing there. get in!
    yeah!!
    you'll have to sneak us all in under your coat if we can't get tickets!!!
    what band you in then?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMatt View Post
    Has the lineup been announced? Doubt I could make the trip, but I'd be interested in seeing who's playing.
    only rumours and self confirmations as yet!!!
    they won't release the full line up until june!!!
    but i guarantee they'll have a wicked line up!!!

how is it easier to get tickets if you're abroad? you can get them by phone or internet, right?
    Last edited by lindseyb; 02-16-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by longbeach90803 View Post
    do you think the pre-registration with the photo id will work? gonna kill the ticket scalpers profits. i love the idea
    I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. Demille

[
    Last edited by gaypalmsprings; 02-16-2007 at 09:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by lindseyb View Post
    how is it easier to get tickets if you're abroad? you can get them by phone or internet, right?
    they have a direct line for international sales!!!
    so it hasn't got over a million people trying to grab 170,000 tickets