Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "I'm NOT EVEN CLOSE to leaving yet" Thread

Angry Official "I'm NOT EVEN CLOSE to leaving yet" Thread

This is the OFFICIAL thread for those NOT on their way to Coachella right now. If you are not “OUTTA HERE” or "ON MY WAY, then you should be posting in this thread only.

As of today through Thursday night, I am NOT on my way to Coachella. In fact, I have the biggest meeting that I have ever had to prepare for Thursday from 10 to Noon. In addition to the typical Execs who are there each month, others have invited themselves because of the insightful topics we will be discussing. That means, I can’t half-step this agenda.

So, I’m really trying to put together a meaningful presentation, but Coachella is a F)(#)(*ing distraction. In fact, I’m drafting this goddam post in PowerPoint (slide 5) of the presentation. The map, set times, people are on their way, and all this crap. How the hell am I supposed to not let Coachella distract me for just a few hours today and a few hours tomorrow???

Who else is in complete hell right now?
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 04-10-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Default Re: Official "I'm NOT EVEN CLOSE to leaving yet" Thread

me.

ok i am leaving thursday morning but i know i won't get anymore work done today or tomorrow. i completely half-assed my phd research this week and i'm sure my meeting today is going to involve my advisor scolding me on my lack of effort. also i need to finish writing this play (long story) by 9pm tonight and i'm completely unable because damn you coachella and your awesomeness.
    i can go with the flow.

lowfront

I have 2 really really hard tests tomorrow. (wed) and a paper due.

One that ends at 9pm. Then I need to pack, get ready, freak out, panic.

Drive an hour to my home town. Freak out some more, get my friend at 3am. Start heading to boston to get on the plane.

So ya. 2 tests and paper due tomorrow,

And I'm having a hard time getting ready for these tests.

Freaking out badly

I am not leaving until 10-12ish Friday morning, depending on set times, and when my friends can get out of school, etc....

But that's an improvement upon years past in which I have not left on Friday till like 3 PM. Which translates to not getting to Coachella until about 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

I'm leaving Thursday at noon, but I have to make this HUGE detour from Phoenix to Sedona to take my kids to my parents' house, and then we go back to Phoenix to pick up my sister-in-law and then on our way to Indio. It's gonna suck, but at least we'll have 3 drivers instead of just 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I wont be leaving until Thursday morning. I have class on Wednesday. But I don't know how much I am going to pay attention, as if I pay much attention already. I enjoy the anticipation though, because I know when it's all over, I'll want it to be today so that I can experience it all again.
    www.facebook.com/LameCake

LEROY!!!!! Did they find you??
    Rob! Get off my channel
    MAARRRRRKKKK! "Mark goes ass to mouth."

I leave tomorrow, but 1/2 of my crew left today..

SOO SAD!

i plan on leaving thursday around 8am to get their by 10 and have everything in my car by tomorrow

I was going to leave Thursday morning to pick up the RV but I have a class I can not miss and I dont get out till 9pm in Cypress...fuk

grrrrrr and by then the guest check-in at Indian wells will be closed

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I'm leaving Thursday at noon, but I have to make this HUGE detour from Phoenix to Sedona to take my kids to my parents' house, and then we go back to Phoenix to pick up my sister-in-law and then on our way to Indio. It's gonna suck, but at least we'll have 3 drivers instead of just 2.
    Amyzzz, it takes 3 drivers to get here from Phoenix??? Christ, are you gonna need a walker for dancing this weekend too???
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Amyzzz, it takes 3 drivers to get here from Phoenix??? Christ, are you gonna need a walker for dancing this weekend too???

We get it, you're old.

haha
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I don't leave until Thursday around 530ish (right T?) but have so much shit to do before then, plus I have to at least make an appearance at work for the next 2 days and pretend to be working occasionally. I am sure glad these guys aren't computer geniuses. I can pretend that the simple spreadsheet they need took me 4 hours to work on so that I can cruise the boards and dream about my upcoming trip during that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I'll hopefully be leaving at 5 the latest on Thursday.
    Where's Underworld and Mew? Make it happen GV.

As far as being close to leaving yet? Honestly? Let's just say it's a really good thing that we live within walking distance to the fest, okay? (I'm guessing there will be atleast 2-3 trips back home over the weekend for shit that I thought I had ready! %$#&...)

Suffacated and I plan to be at the campground Thursday morning to setup. The tricky part is when I have to leave the campsite to go bartend at a private party from like 3pm-9pm, and then try to return home to change back to my "No worries, it's Coachella Weekend" attire, so I can depart offically. I'm hoping that by that time there isn't a traffic jam forming on Monroe street because if there is, you guys are liable to see what appears to be a penguin in a bowtie sauntering up to the line for camping!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We get it, you're old.
    Trust me, TommyBoy, I won't need a walker to dance circles around your ass this coming weekend! I was referring to Amyzzz needing 3 drivers to get here from Phoenix, dipshit!

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    haha
    And WTF are you laughing about Amyzzz??? When it comes to age, you're dancing right behind me!

no bus

Just one more day of work then i`m off to coachella on thurs morn.

Im leaving on Friday around 3 PM...will probably be getting there around 10:30 on Friday night. My friend was scheduled to work until 5 PM...I made him find someone to cover the last couple hours of his shift so we could go early.

I'm leaving Thursday at 4...Before that time, I have to write 2 term papers, and write, shoot and edit a short film. I'm going to be working right up until the moment I get on the pane. The stress is well worth it though

I'm sitting at the local Firestone right now waiting on an oil change... then work tomorrow. Hopefully, I get into the free Mastodon show tomorrow night here in Albuquerque then we're off on Thursday afternoon.

We're also only traveling as far as Laughlin, NV on Thursday, as we can't check into our timeshare in Palm Springs until Friday afternoon. I'm tired of this waiting...
    Hey Randy! What? The devil! Whuh? The devil is everywhere...

I'm going solo this year (cowards...) so i'm not leaving until Thursday. Too bad... definitely could have used an extra day for bonus tacos.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

I'm leaving tomorrow but feel your pain. I've had the busiest week at work, I am scheduled every minute until the time I'm picking up my rental, and then am going to have to take some calls on the drive. (On the upside, one of my scheduled meetings today was administering exams, so I am forced to sit here and do nothing/read the board).

I am not packed. My friend who is coming with me is not going to start packing until tomorrow afternoon. It wouldn't be coachella without a last minute scramble and getting started several hours after planned.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I feel the pain of those who are finding doing real work nearly impossible with Coachella looming. I've got a shit ton of school work to do including preparing for an exam that is the day after I get back. I'm bringing my notes with me. Maybe I'll glance at them in the mornings? ...wishful thinking, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I feel the pain of those who are finding doing real work nearly impossible with Coachella looming. I've got a shit ton of school work to do including preparing for an exam that is the day after I get back. I'm bringing my notes with me. Maybe I'll glance at them in the mornings? ...wishful thinking, huh?
    Don't bother... you'll just spill beer on them, or someone will use them for filters.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

I'm leaving at 2:30 in the morning tomorrow... Startin' my weekend early.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

i'm glad i live 2 hours way. leaving thursday at about 12! so excited! campsite thursdays are amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    I check for camping wristbands before I put my penis in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler0js View Post
    TRV$DJ-AM and Bloody Beetroots need to switch set times
    QFT!

2005, 2006, 2008, 2009

I myself will be ready to bounce by 1 PM on Thursday, but my friend, who happens to have the one car between us, doesn't get out till 8 PM (she works in a TV station), so we won't be getting to Indio until 10 PM at the earliest. Could be worse though...

I'd be 100% down to leave for Indio after my last class gets out at 5 pm on thursday, but 1/2 of my carpool doesn't get out of work until 9.30. This is my first year camping and I'm guessing by the time we all get settled most of the early bird camper Dome festivities will be wrapping up, FML.

"The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008

35 hours.
    your ≠ you're

[boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying