Thread: Need a Recommendation for a RV Park near Coachella

Lurker

Default Need a Recommendation for a RV Park near Coachella

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys can recommend any RV parks near Coachella.
    I'm looking for a Place that has electrical and water hook ups. How much do the rates run for?

Thanks,
    -Gil

Default Re: Need a Recommendation for a RV Park near Coachella

Why don't you spend this wasted time and call the city of Coachella to ask them? Seems logical, doesn't it?
    "Never argue with fools, because from a distance, people can't tell who is who"

Quote Originally Posted by MonOm View Post
    You know what else is dumb - that you started a John Mayer thread.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Shooters08 View Post
    Why don't you spend this wasted time and call the city of Coachella to ask them? Seems logical, doesn't it?
    Sorta. Since, I can ask someone here that has personal experience.

the shadow hills rv resort is rad. we've stayed there two years in a row. lots of space, reasonable rates and awesome, super nice staff.
    http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/
    the place is full of coachella people that weekend. during coachella, people also pitch tents in the grass areas. the pool is a party and the staff cooks breakfast and barbeques each day. about a 10 minute ride to the festival with no traffic. affordable too! highly recommended!

By 'cooking breakfast', you mean they throw a Jimmy Dean samwich in the microwave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Lurker

Thanks. Can you park your RV at Coachella? Since, I might need to take the RV.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    By 'cooking breakfast', you mean they throw a Jimmy Dean samwich in the microwave.
    i remember breakfast burritos as well, but they go quick

Quote Originally Posted by beckylyn View Post
    i remember breakfast burritos as well, but they go quick
    I was never up early enough for those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

I'll second Shadow Hills RV resort. 5-7 miles away. Clean bathrooms and showers. Pool. They check wristbands, so be careful trying to sneak people in. No guests allowed. They are very welcoming to Coachella campers, and won't give you a hard time about being loud and up late. No curfew! In and Out as you please. But again they check wristbands.

Ive been there the last 2 years with my 19 foot trailer. And I'll go there this year too!

Also going to second Shadow Hills RV Resort. Have to give Beckylyn some back up on this forum. That place was freakin awesome. Been there the last two years with my group and our RV!

We have Overnight RV Parking on our 5-acre ranch just blocks from the Festival. Rates are $200/night w/four night minimum. Rate includes water, electrical, use of pool/spa, outdoor kitchen, dining, living space w/fireplace. We are also providing a shuttle to:from the Festival!

We only have two spaces left!

Shadow Hills Rv Resort welcomes Coachella goers. Stay 3 nights and get the 4th night free. Check out our website. Tell them Paula sent you!

http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/musicfest.htm

I have a great place that is two blocks away. Bring your own R.V. or I can provide you with one. COOL party atmosphere, and easy rules. prices start at $50.00 760 625=5522

Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    I'll second Shadow Hills RV resort. 5-7 miles away. Clean bathrooms and showers. Pool. They check wristbands, so be careful trying to sneak people in. No guests allowed. They are very welcoming to Coachella campers, and won't give you a hard time about being loud and up late. No curfew! In and Out as you please. But again they check wristbands.

Ive been there the last 2 years with my 19 foot trailer. And I'll go there this year too!
    They are much better now
    Last edited by Bullpup; 01-21-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paula View Post
    Shadow Hills Rv Resort welcomes Coachella goers. Stay 3 nights and get the 4th night free. Check out our website. Tell them Paula sent you!

http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/musicfest.htm

they are much better now, new staff
    Last edited by Bullpup; 01-21-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullpup View Post
    I've stayed at Shadow Hills before and it IS NOT the bed of roses that everyone is claiming it to be. The bathrooms STUNK to high heaven (septic back up?) They are very strict with curfews, and as a matter of fact acted very annoyed with Coachella campers, especially when coming back from the concert.

The day staff was nice enough, but the night staff were pretty rude.

I won't be staying there again.
    I called recently and was told to call back the next day because "the lady who does the reservations" wasn't there.

When I did call back, the staff was rude and disinterested. Acted like I was a hassle to them when I called. I have stayed w/ Shadow Hills before, and stayed elsewhere last year. Extremely strict curfew and people bitching about music from a boombox that our camper neighbors were playing at a medium level.

I called to check back this year because the private homeowner w/ stayed with last year isn't going to allow campers this year. I was quickly reminded why I wasn't thrilled w/ Shadow Hills from The Rage Coachella festival.

No thanks. Better options out there. Plus....the car ride to the Coachella grounds is a LONG time, in the LONG lines of traffic. We actually got out and walked a mile before Coachella, and got there before our vehicle did. Not worth it in my opinion.
    Bullpop i've see you on 3 post... The only 3 post that you have and they are all bashing SHRV I've stayed there 2 years and have not run into any of these problems.

I think Bullpop is affiliated with another park or something all he does is bash SHRV. I mean I'm new to Blogs and Threading but dude your not very good at hiding it at all!...

When I stayed there last year it wasn't as busy as the year before cause of the economy and the show but they hada live DJ at the pool till like 3 in the morning... I mean how does that make any sense to what your saying Bullpop. Which was right next to the bathrooms mind you and I didn't hear anyone complaining about a smell, I also didn't smell anything when I took a piss in there. They even have taxi's come to the park so you don't have to call one. Yeah the traffic sucks but if you tell him to take monroe instead of Jefferson its not that bad.

I loved getting back having a burger from there kitchen grabbing some beer and chillin by the pool. Sounds like you need to crawl out from under your rock and start to live a little there buddy...

I think i'm in site 81 this year or 80 not sure but if you wanna come check it out i'll be there!

Maybe paula could hook up a discount for me!!??? What do you say paula?
    Last edited by greenjack; 04-14-2009 at 10:50 AM.