Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA Times confirmations article

Default Re: LA Times confirmations article

Hmmm.... how did vinyl know that... he doesn't get a medal.

you're hoping for the police surprise and for no surprise? that must be difficult.

you guys have to realize, the people who are coming just to see bjork will be there to open the gate, and sit there baking in the sun all day just for that hour and a half of bjork-y goodness. waiting two bands before will get you nowhere. i used to care about that, not so much anymore. i'm down for just chilling out in the back, laying on the grass and hearing the beautiful music.

so fucking awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

talk about Coachella being an inventive music festival ... what's up with those repeats?

i'm still awesomely excited though

i'm very very angry!

The big news for a lot of Coachella fans will be the smaller-stage acts - none of the big media outlets are going to report on them.

Remember the confirmations we got before this? (!!!, Fountains of Wayne, Digitalism, VNV Nation)

I'm more excited about any of those than the headliners - that's what Coachella's really about, and that's why I'm reserving judgment until Goldenvoice lets it all out.

If these are the highlights, then I quess itis pretty much assured that I will be spending that weekend in Vegas, And I'll just wait out Bonnaroo. I'm sure they will add Modest Moouse, and others, but come on!! Willie Fucking Nelson? Rage Against the Machine? Bjork? These are the highlights for Coachella? What about acts like The Pixies, Kraftwork, Bauhaus, New Order, A major letdown. Oh well!!! Off to Vegas.

umm...yeah, they've all played coachella in the past. they were great. sorry you missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    umm...yeah, they've all played coachella in the past. they were great. sorry you missed them.
    I quess you missed the part where I was making a statement that in the past we got to enjoy these bands, and now we get RATM. Bjork, and the like. But have fun...see you next year. Oh kind sir, am I allowed back if I miss a year? Or am i forever kicked out of the Coachella fan club!!! Maybe I'll just go to the Country Coachella, oh wait maybe Goldenvoice will add Kenny Chesney and Sara Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesc2929 View Post
    in the past we got to enjoy these bands, and now we get RATM. Bjork, and the like
    In the past, we also got to enjoy RATM, Bjork, and the like.

Banned

cool. differant strokes for differant folks. one less person in the beer line.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    So has Rage.. and Bjork, and The Chili Peppers.. and the Arcade Fire.. and sheesh, is there anything new this year?
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

i also remember someone saying before that they knew that Willie Nelson had got a hotel room the week before stagecoach.. I'd be down to see him, he is a legend.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

oh my god. i was totally dreaming when i even thought rage could possibly be there. if this is true i will just flip! that is the best news!

and i really, really hope arcade fire is true as well. i love them.

How DARE GV not book my favorite band. What the hell are they thinking? Next time, I wish they'd consult me before booking all these whack bands and then forcing me to buy tickets to go see them, against my will. I just simply don't understand how GV can have the audacity to go out and book bands that I don't like and then turn around and completely ignore all the bands i like. It's a sad day when GV caters to the tastes and likes of anyone but me. Screw them </sarcasm>
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

talk about Coachella being an inventive music festival ... what's up with those repeats?
    dude...do you think it's easy to book a fest like this? i bet every band who COULD headline who hasn't yet has at least been asked. gv can't FORCE bands to play. of course there are going to be some repeats - they can't exactly invent new headliners. if you want inventive - just look further down the lineup. coachella has consistently booked acts in the bottom rungs of the lineup who have gone on to achieve mainstream success. And I mean...it's gotta be even harder now with how widespread the internet is. People can hear of a band and fall in love with them and fall out of love with them before the festival even comes around. I think they're trying really hard to give us a fest that everyone will like. I am personally psyched for Rage and Bjork, as I have seen neither. And bballaral just sent me the Girl Talk album and in the first five minutes of listening to it, I could not WAIT to see him at Coachella (assuming he plays...still not confirmed). Seriously listen to the Girl Talk album if you haven't already. It is the aural equivalent of the daft punk show last year.

god, girl talk better be there. and he better let people dance on stage. and i better be one of those people. dammit.

I disagree about Girl Talk....I can't stand the album....it's just mash up, not very innovative imo

i didn't say it was innovative. if you were referring to my daft punk comment, i meant its SO much fun and it kept getting better and better and more unexpected as it went along.

well, yeah, he's not necessarily the definition of "innovative," but the album sure is fun!

Given that the password for advance ticket sales was ROXANNE, it would be a damn shame if The Police weren't on the bill. I sincerely hope Goldenvoice didn't just use the hype about a potential Police reunion tour to generate increased pre-sales. I've had nothing but admiration for GV since my first Coachella in 2001, but that admiration will go right out the window if they don't delivery the goods.

What if GV got the LA times to go along with their fooling...What if this is all fake and tomorrow we get an entire different story?

uh oh. i think someone needs to listen to some girl talk.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    What if GV got the LA times to go along with their fooling...What if this is all fake and tomorrow we get an entire different story?
    That would be good and bad. I think the LA Times is a credible news outlet and I'd be shocked if they were part of any hoodwinking, even for something as benign as a concert listing.

Welcome to the board Gary. I hope you've some of the threads already.

Also, I think leaking the lineup to the LA Times sans the Police could easily have been done to throw people off the scent. But then again, maybe not. I said this somewhere in the Lounge a while earlier. Just because they didn't report the police doesn't mean they're "in" on anything. It's not like they have access to the lineup. they see whatever GV lets them.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Welcome to the board Gary. I hope you've some of the threads already.

Also, I think leaking the lineup to the LA Times sans the Police could easily have been done to throw people off the scent. But then again, maybe not. I said this somewhere in the Lounge a while earlier. Just because they didn't report the police doesn't mean they're "in" on anything. It's not like they have access to the lineup. they see whatever GV lets them.
    Thanks for the welcome - happy to be yapping. First time i've bothered (in the 6 years I've been attending this gig). Yes, I've seen some of the threads, but there's too much garbage to keep up with so I'll focus on highly relevant board fodder.

Keeping my fingers crossed that The Police are on the bill.
    -------------
    Dj Gary-O
    www.myspace.com/garyzero

hehe... anything combining Los Angeles and something remotely connected with police is bad. as far as i'm concerned L.A. Times just listed the lineups they thought were worthwhile or "cool" to mention. i still expect The Police will be on the bill (though I don't care either way, really; I wanna see the Kaiser Chiefs).

It kinda makes sense why Kevin & Bean are going to announce the lineup tomorrow though, with one of 'em being responsible for RATM's breakup and all.
    Last edited by eudaemonia; 01-21-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Willie played with Ryan Adams this year. Willie is cool old dude.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.