Thread: My Final Stab at the Coachella Lineup

Default My Final Stab at the Coachella Lineup

The following is my attempt to get nearly 75% of the Coachella Lineup right. It is based off of my own ***ference, as well as research regarding tour dates and record releases as well as acts that have already been con firmed or highly rumored on the message boards.

Good Luck to me.

!!!, 12 O'Clock o a Subway, 16 BIT Lolitas, 120 Days, Air, the Album Leaf, Amy Winehouse, the Annuals, Aqueduct, the Arcade Fire, the Arctic Monkeys, Asobi Seksu, As Tall as Lions, the Avett Brothers, the Baldwin Brothers, Band of Horses, Beirut, Bloc Party, Blonde Redhead, Boards of Canada, Brand New, Brazilian Girls, Bright Eyes, Carl Cox, Chicken Lips, Chin Up Chin Up, Circa Survive, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, the Clientele, Cold War Kids, the Comedians of Comedy, Cornelius, CSS, Cursive, deadboy & the Elephantmen, the Decemberists, Digitalism, Elextric Eel Shock, Explosions in the Sky, Fatboy Slim, the Feeling, Fields, Fischerspooner, Fountains of Wayne, the Fratellis, *****face Killah, Girl Talk, Gnarls Barkley, Gogol Bordello, the Good. the Bad & the Queen, Grizzly Bear, Gwen Stefani, Gym Class Heroes., HelloGoodbye, the Hold Steady, Hot Chip, Hybrid, Islands, Jarvis Cocker, Jay-Z, Jeremy Enigk, Junior Boys, Justice, Kaiser Chiefs, the Killers, Kinski, Kissing Tigers, the Klaxons, the Knife, Konono N.1, KRS-One, Land of Talk, LCD Soundsystem, Lily Allen, Lupe Fiasco, Madlib, Menomena, Mew, Mika, Modest Mouse with Johnny Marr, Mos Def, MSTRKRFT, Murder By Death, Muse, Mute Math, My Bloody Valentine, Nitzer Ebb, Novatron, Oh No! Oh My!, Oxford Collapse, Ozomatli, Peaches, Peeping Tom, Placebo, the ******, Portishead, Queens of the Stone Age, Rage Against the *******, the Rapture, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Regina Spektor, Ricard Henry, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Roger O'Donnell, Satellite Party, Sebastian Granger, the Shins, Shiny Toy Guns, Silversun Pickups, the Smashing Pumpkins, SOULEYE, the Sound of Animals Fighting, Spankrock, Sufjan Stevens, Talib Kweli, Tapes 'n' Tapes, Teddybears, Tortured Soul, TV on the Radio, Underworld, Under the Influence of Giants, the Velvet Teen, VNV Nation, the Walkmen, We Are Scientists, What Made Milwaukee Famous, Wolf Eyes

Default Re: My Final Stab at the Coachella Lineup

I think Bloc Party 3 years in a row is highly unlikely.

me too...plus they are playing two shows in LA earlier that month too. I high doubt Bloc Party will be there.

I am just now remembering why I never posted inteh lineup forum on the old board

I'm gonna have to say no to Wolf Eyes this year.

I'm gonna have to say no to Wolf Eyes ever.

I am watching the Coachella movie fo rthe fist time since I saw it int he theater just about a year ago and I'm thinking it would be great if the Polyphonic S***e played again. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by fond of life View Post
    The following is my attempt to get nearly 75% of the Coachella Lineup right. It is based off of my own ***ference, as well as research regarding tour dates and record releases as well as acts that have already been con firmed or highly rumored on the message boards.

Good Luck to me.

!!!, 12 O'Clock o a Subway, 16 BIT Lolitas, 120 Days, Air, the Album Leaf, Amy Winehouse, the Annuals, Aqueduct, the Arcade Fire, the Arctic Monkeys, Asobi Seksu, As Tall as Lions, the Avett Brothers, the Baldwin Brothers, Band of Horses, Beirut, Bloc Party, Blonde Redhead, Boards of Canada, Brand New, Brazilian Girls, Bright Eyes, Carl Cox, Chicken Lips, Chin Up Chin Up, Circa Survive, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, the Clientele, Cold War Kids, the Comedians of Comedy, Cornelius, CSS, Cursive, deadboy & the Elephantmen, the Decemberists, Digitalism, Elextric Eel Shock, Explosions in the Sky, Fatboy Slim, the Feeling, Fields, Fischerspooner, Fountains of Wayne, the Fratellis, *****face Killah, Girl Talk, Gnarls Barkley, Gogol Bordello, the Good. the Bad & the Queen, Grizzly Bear, Gwen Stefani, Gym Class Heroes., HelloGoodbye, the Hold Steady, Hot Chip, Hybrid, Islands, Jarvis Cocker, Jay-Z, Jeremy Enigk, Junior Boys, Justice, Kaiser Chiefs, the Killers, Kinski, Kissing Tigers, the Klaxons, the Knife, Konono N.1, KRS-One, Land of Talk, LCD Soundsystem, Lily Allen, Lupe Fiasco, Madlib, Menomena, Mew, Mika, Modest Mouse with Johnny Marr, Mos Def, MSTRKRFT, Murder By Death, Muse, Mute Math, My Bloody Valentine, Nitzer Ebb, Novatron, Oh No! Oh My!, Oxford Collapse, Ozomatli, Peaches, Peeping Tom, Placebo, the ******, Portishead, Queens of the Stone Age, Rage Against the *******, the Rapture, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Regina Spektor, Ricard Henry, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Roger O'Donnell, Satellite Party, Sebastian Granger, the Shins, Shiny Toy Guns, Silversun Pickups, the Smashing Pumpkins, SOULEYE, the Sound of Animals Fighting, Spankrock, Sufjan Stevens, Talib Kweli, Tapes 'n' Tapes, Teddybears, Tortured Soul, TV on the Radio, Underworld, Under the Influence of Giants, the Velvet Teen, VNV Nation, the Walkmen, We Are Scientists, What Made Milwaukee Famous, Wolf Eyes
    You forgot about Earlimart.

the Baldwin Brothers?!??!?

Boards of Canada
    My Bloody Valentine

hahahahaha
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

If only...

The Polyphonic S***e have some new material coming out if I'm not mistaken. They would be great fun in the sun.

The National have an album coming out with a tentative release date of sometime in May....just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    The Polyphonic S***e have some new material coming out if I'm not mistaken. They would be great fun in the sun.
    I was so moved when I saw Polyphonic S***e the last time they played Coachella. I was in the Heinken booth area having a cold one, and I heard this music that was just drawing me in....I downed the beer and walked in the direction of the music, and there were all these people on stage, smiling, singing these happy songs in white robes. Now, bare in mind I had never even heard of the Polyphonic S***e before this encounter. I'm tellin' ya, it was like a religious experience. I just stood there, jaw gaping, listening...and listening. And I wasn't even high! I rushed to the Virgin Music Store tent and bought their CD afterwards, and have bought everything Polyphonic I can get my hands on since. I'd welcome their return to Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by fond of life View Post

Good Luck to me.

Carl Cox, Fatboy Slim, Fischerspooner, Hybrid, Justice, MSTRKRFT, Portishead, Underworld
    I think this is lacking a lot of electronica.. although, i would be happy to see all of them play.. I just think there needs to be more artists..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Lacking Electronica? 16 BIT lolitas, 120 Days, the Bladwin Brothers, Boards of Canada, Brazilian Girls, Chicken Lips, Girl Talk, Gwen Stefani (in the tent), the Knife, Peaches, Roger O'Donnell, Spankrock, Teddybears...

That makes more than 20 acts.

I could see a lot of those groups playing some in the gobi/mojave area.. A lot of those are not really dance electronica type of music that's usually in the tent, kind of how ladytron was last year.

and 20 acts would mean it's on average mean it's only about 6 or 7 acts a day..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Muse is performing in L.A. a couple of weeks prior to Coachella, so I'd strike them off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by eudaemonia View Post
    Muse is performing in L.A. a couple of weeks prior to Coachella, so I'd strike them off the list.
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.