Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Unreal Coachella moments...?

Default Re: Unreal Coachella moments...?

Quote Originally Posted by jnadrich View Post
    I would say seeing sigur ros than seeing daft punk. And just walking around and having huge artists walk right past your or stop right next to you. Last year I was leaning against this fence and erol just walks up and leans right next to me
    yea i love bumping into artist in the crowd...didnt happen at Coachella but at Global Gathering here in Miami I bumped into Trent Reznor and spoke with him for like 5min, it was epic awesome. I was very surprised no one else noticed him

06 - When they dropped the curtain for Daft Punk I pretty much lost my mind

07 - Ghostface -> Justice -> LCD Soundsystem was so amazing

08 - Aphex Twin and Roger Waters both made me go "WHAT THE FUCK" in the best way possible.

My only Coachella experience was in it self the most "unreal" experience I have ever had. I wish I could afford to go back, but living in Winnipeg, Canada it is difficult to get the time off/pay for the plane tickets.

The way it went down was like this. Spring of 2007 I had a few extra bucks kicking around so after many of years of planning, I finally went to Coachella. First day had a blast and saw some amazing acts. Friday night Bjork was the top of my list, and I ended up getting quite close to the front. Unfortunately I was almost squished to death and had to be pulled out by security. Once I finally got out, I realized I had lost my passport/cell/other two weekend tickets (in hindsight it was stupid to have them on me, but I didn't know if I could trust leaving them in the tent). Not knowing what to do I asked the first man backstage for help (yes, for some reason security pushed me back stage). Turns out it was the stage coordinator for the festival. Being the swell guy he was he took me back to the office, and told me they would do the best to get my stuff back. Since there was nothing he could do at the time, he let me watch the rest of Bjork from the side of the stage. Afterwards, he gave me a wristband which he said would get me back into the festival encase I didn't find my tickets. Long story short, it was an artist wristband. Miraculously, after the show they sent out a search crew and found my stuff amongst the rubble. The rest of the weekend was history. I was able to go from stage to stage as I pleased, watch bands from the side viewing area, and met a lot of amazing people. I never got to thank them properly, but if any of you are reading this I just want to say thanks for one of the best weekends of my life! The crew who organize Coachella are the real unsung hero's of this festival. They are an amazing group of people.

I've really enjoyed reading these. A couple of my favorite moments from each Coachella I've been to.

-Muse performing Bliss and the confetti balloons
    -Radiohead

-Win's microphone finally working
    -Secret Machines blew me away
    -Buck 65 was a real nice surprise. Only time I bought a CD at Coachella was his.

-Daft Punk. Close Encounters theme gave me chills.
    -Yeah Yeah Yeahs made me fan.

-Interpol. Somebody already mentioned Pioneer to the Falls and I agree that it was amazing.
    -The Good, The Bad, & The Queen. Damon is greatness.
    -slept through the Rage riot. haha

-Portishead & Prince & campground parade was amazing
    -The National sunset slot
    -Roger Waters

can't wait!
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypolite View Post
    I've really enjoyed reading these. A couple of my favorite moments from each Coachella I've been to.

-Muse performing Bliss and the confetti balloons
    Bastard! I've seen Muse twice and would have DIED to have heard Bliss. They didn't play it either time.
    12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Talking Re: Unreal Coachella moments...?

After sitting in traffic all day, it fet so good to finally get to dance my ass off non stop with all of my friends to Basement Jaxx and the Crystal Method. Then cooled it down nicely with the closing set of the Cure. Stayed at an awesome house and watched the moon most of the night in the hot tub.

Me and my sister playing with the Dragonfly sculpture that sprayed water everywhere. Watching Rilo Kiley for the first time, not knowing who they were and falling in love with Jenny Lewis.

Shrooming like crazy for My Morning Jacket at Sunset, Franz Ferdinand, and Daft Punk dancing nonstop the entire time!! I couldn't stop dancing!!!

Falling in love with Arctic Monkeys. Being able to hang out with so many different groups of friends that I've known for years all day long and seeing different acts with them. Everything was just in sync that year. Being in the very front against the Gate for Bjork with two of my friends that survived. Running back and forth between the Rapture and the Good, the Bad, and the Queen several times. It wore me out but I refused to give in to the time conflict haha. Staying at that awesome time share for the first time.

Kicked it off with an awesome Filter Pre-party that I will never forget. Does it Offend You, was insane. Being blown away by Cold War Kids on Saturday. Got to see two of my favorite bands, Hot Chip, and then Rilo Kiley, like a dream come true. Getting to see Portishead with my boyfriend. Moshing and dancing around at Flogging Molly!!!

This says it all:

i couldnt believe that i was almost-front center at daft punk
    living that 1 hour and 20 minutes moment
    as predicted by nostradamus

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    As Daft Punk finishes their set and the lights come on, the Disney song "Wish Upon a Star" starts playing.
    It was about being there with the two most important people in my life, my daughter Lindsay and Beverly.
    It was about the Hell we had all gone through, the wrong turns we had made and the shit that we had all stepped in that brought us all together in the Sahara tent that night.
    You see, it had been a long time since I had seen my daughter.
    As the lights came on, there she was.
    Good times.....
    I'll never forget that night...
    oh man i never knew that song was the one they played when they turned the lights on
    hearing it is taking me back
    oh...

n e way, top unreal moments other than daft punk:
    1. lying under the cubatron during prince
    2. yeah yeah yeahs turning me in a fan with that sunset in 06
    3. 'boys dont cry'. a bad move turned legendary
    4. my mom calling me while the verve was playing, but the funny thing is i couldnt receive any calls since i didnt have any minutes and plus you know how bad the reception is in there, unreal
    5. devendra banhart playing long haired child while eveyrone on the front row was banging
    6. the go! team's banter about everyone's a vip to someone
    7. MARY! running high as fuck to their set singing.. MARYYY
    8. 'pictures of you' almost cried
    9. everyone losing their shit at the end of zach's speech on wake up
    10. another wake up... arcade fire... oh man

Quote Originally Posted by thepoetblue View Post

2006 Possibly my greatest Coachella ever. Pure love and joy for miles and miles. Daft a seminal moment in my life. And Go Team! GO TEAM! But that's just the start of the wonder from that year, Common, Sigur Ros, Carl Cox, Joey Beltram, Animal Collective (saving me from the hell of Madonna!), Massive Attack, YYY's, Gnarls! Words cannot describe that year!
    fuckin a

add scissor sisters, jazzanova, the walkmen, kaskade, metric, my morning jacket
    pure gold
    Last edited by matsuolost; 05-02-2009 at 11:59 PM.

hi-five to all those who think '06 was the best coachella year. the undercard that year was STACKED!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

The Cure's recent set, especially the end with 'Boys Don't Cry' is right up there.

THE VERVE. I never thought I'd see Ashcroft playing Lucky Man with Nick McCabe RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

My mate Brian, and I hugged eachother and cried like babies with our eyes closed and arms up.

Call me corny but reading all these posts are giving me the chills

2006: daft punk - common - yeah yeah yeahs - digable planets - gnarls barkley

2009: people under the stairs - ghostland ob - drop the lime - zane lowe - crystal method - mstrkrft - bloody beetroots - crookers - etienne de crecy (wtf??) - public enemy - treasure fingers!!!

taking a nap by one of the air conditioners at the ATT tent was soo fucking refreshing after a long time of partying. and that awesome PARTY PARADE at the campsite sunday night!! LONG LIVE ROO
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    hsrom is betr then acd
    You're skating on thin ice, Assy!

Sounds like the ices problem to me.

if this is not on the dvd ill be deeply heartbroken, in despair

at least the first half
    0:35 is amazing

^^^ mannnn f the go team. my girlfriend wanted to try and take one last picture with her camera that had already died, so she fired it up, had enough juice to snap one last one, but when it was saving it died again, ERASING OUR ENTIRE PICTURE COLLECTION soo so depressing
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    hsrom is betr then acd
    You're skating on thin ice, Assy!

Sounds like the ices problem to me.

walking onto the field thursday night and watching paul mccartney's soundcheck from the soundboard.

Listening to Elvis Presley on the radio with thousands of others.... waiting for Waters to get his ass on stage
    careful with that axe Eugene