Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 136

Thread: Official Hipster Checklist

  1. #31
    Member slapuinpublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    ^ hahaha touche

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,158

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist


  3. #33
    Member im_a_starfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    v neck t shirts





    *not hating*

  4. #34
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    The last sentence of the article is pure poetry.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  5. #35
    Member who8me2k7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    417

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    i love how a bunch of you are hating when i guarantee 50% of this board is considered a "hipster"

  6. #36
    Member Kerowackattack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    IRONIC MUSTACHE
    IRONIC BAND T (of some1 n0t @ Coach)
    LIL' B

  7. #37
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by who8me2k7 View Post
    i love how a bunch of you are hating when i guarantee 50% of this board is considered a "hipster"
    Imagine that...

    funny thing though...

    all of the hipster-haters here don't add up to even 5% of the board...much less 50%.

    Also, to be a hater, you pretty much need to have an UNREASONABLE or UNJUSTIFIED hatred of something or someone. We can justify hipster hate for a variety of reasons.

    - Shitty fashion sense
    - Smug attitude
    - General cockishness
    - Acting like douchenozzles
    - etc.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  8. #38
    Member dantoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    523

    Talking Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by who8me2k7 View Post
    i love how a bunch of you are hating when i guarantee 50% of this board is considered a "hipster"
    if you can't see the humor in the new trends you're taking yourself way to seriously.

    lighten up buttercup

  9. #39
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,754

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  10. #40

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Official Elitist Coachella Board Member Checklist
    1. Pretentious hipster-esque attitude.
    2. An exorbitant effort to strictly avoid anything and everything remotely relating to the word hipster, this includes music acts, and clothing.
    3. The disposition to actually care what a "hipster" is wearing, to the point of making endless threads on it.
    4. Giving off the same smug looks towards hipsters, as these hipsters do to everyone else
    5. Inability to realize that Coachella is a hipster-heavy festival, and they're attending it.
    6. Thinking that they're better than everyone else because they arenít a hipster.

  11. #41
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by c-sanch View Post
    Official Elitist Coachella Board Member Checklist
    1. Pretentious hipster-esque attitude.
    2. An exorbitant effort to strictly avoid anything and everything remotely relating to the word hipster, this includes music acts, and clothing.
    3. The disposition to actually care what a "hipster" is wearing, to the point of making endless threads on it.
    4. Giving off the same smug looks towards hipsters, as these hipsters do to everyone else
    5. Inability to realize that Coachella is a hipster-heavy festival, and they're attending it.
    6. Thinking that they're better than everyone else because they arenít a hipster.
    7. Generalized depression about the fact that Coachella didn't used to be a hipster-heavy festival.
    8. Fond memories of the "good old days" of Coachella in all it's pre-hipster glory.

    FTFY
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  12. #42

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    7. Generalized depression about the fact that Coachella didn't used to be a hipster-heavy festival.
    8. Fond memories of the "good old days" of Coachella in all it's pre-hipster glory.

    FTFY
    9. Allowing hipsters to effect their experience of the greatest music festival.

  13. #43
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,081

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    I never knew Parliaments are considered a hipster brand. Interesting. I think Parliaments taste like shit, but I always smoked them in college because you could use them to more easily snort blow at parties without being too conspicuous.

    That article raises an interesting point in that hipsters go out of their way to attain a certain look (conspicuous consumption at its finest) yet, unlike punkers or b-boys, they resist acknowledging it, despite their obvious efforts. Hipsters always seem a bit shallow and facetious, lacking any sort of substance. They seem overly homoegenized at this point. To each his own, though
    Last edited by greghead; 04-12-2009 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

  14. #44
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,662

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    That article is sad yet very, very true.

    Don't forget the ironic short-shorts.

  15. #45
    old school Jon Blazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    theFUNHOUSE
    Posts
    2,510

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    i hope the new trend is no bras and tank tops...

  16. #46
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Ironically, I attended a hipster house party on Friday and can safely say that 90% of those kids need to be kicked in the teeth.

  17. #47
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    No man should ever wear skinny pants.

  18. #48
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    It's good to let one's balls breathe.

  19. #49
    Member zajaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    silverlake
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    No man should ever wear skinny pants.
    the 90s are over buddy

  20. #50

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    ...i'm a hipp-ster, i'm a i'm a hippp-ster

  21. #51
    Member slapuinpublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Ironically, I attended a hipster house party on Friday and can safely say that 90% of those kids need to be kicked in the teeth.
    how much does a plane ticket to Seattle and a new pair of Doc's cost? I feel a little like Michael Douglas in that movie Falling Down

  22. #52
    Member adagio74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Ironically, I attended a hipster house party on Friday and can safely say that 90% of those kids need to be kicked in the teeth.
    The Seattle breed of hipster is the most dangerous of all!!!

    Wishlist for 2011:

    Outkast
    Kanye (not really, but really)
    The Presets
    Pantha Du Prince
    Loretta Lynn
    Prince
    Aphex Twin
    Radiohead
    Jesus
    Satan
    Obama

  23. #53
    Member Adelita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mejjjjico
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post

  24. #54
    Member Adelita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mejjjjico
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Blazed View Post
    i hope the new trend is no bras and tank tops...
    i've actually seen a lot of that lately jaja

  25. #55
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelita View Post
    i've actually seen a lot of that lately jaja
    Doesn't count if they're 200+ pounds though...
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  26. #56
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    the 90s are over buddy
    Most ironic statement in defense of hipsters (you know, the people that borrow fashion trends from past decades and call it new) EVAR?
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  27. #57
    Member lickety_spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    "The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by BKsaysAction! View Post
    that's pretty much me, minus the trust fund check and switch the pbr to a newcastle and get rid of those shades. But that's just my style. Hate away.
    ditto
    can't wear sunglasses, pbr tastes like burnt popcorn

    but i wear girl jeans because i am, in fact, a girl
    and i'll lose my keys if they aren't attached to me. someone in this town has a key to my work, my old house, my old car & my suitcase.
    your ≠ you're

    [boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

  28. #58
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,081

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    But what about the key to your heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

  29. #59
    Member lickety_spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    "The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    if someone's got that, they'd better materialize with the quickness.
    your ≠ you're

    [boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

  30. #60
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,754

    Default Re: Official Hipster Checklist

    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    I never knew Parliaments are considered a hipster brand. Interesting. I think Parliaments taste like shit, but I always smoked them in college because you could use them to more easily snort blow at parties without being too conspicuous.

    That article raises an interesting point in that hipsters go out of their way to attain a certain look (conspicuous consumption at its finest) yet, unlike punkers or b-boys, they resist acknowledging it, despite their obvious efforts. Hipsters always seem a bit shallow and facetious, lacking any sort of substance. They seem overly homoegenized at this point. To each his own, though
    "Hey, just because every hipster fashion stereotype can be seen on me and that I only listen to pitchfork-approved bands (including ironic ones!) and I liked fixed bicycles and PBR doesn't mean I'm consciously conforming to a specific look just to be cool; it's only a coincidence."
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Similar Threads

  1. Are you a hipster?
    By psychoc&ndy in forum Polls
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 08:49 PM
  2. HIPSTER OLYMPICS?
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 10:36 PM
  3. hipster genocide
    By unknowndrummer66 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 01:16 AM
  4. So because of the little hipster kids...
    By marooko in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:04 AM
  5. Coachella Picture Checklist !
    By SheriNOIR in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 02:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •