Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 57

Thread: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

  1. #1
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    I had quite enough of Dennys last year so school me on some local eats in the Indio area. For breakfast preferably and non chain preferably.

    Thanks .....

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Wait there is a Dennys near? Oh my god, I am in love with Dennys. I will be eating there every night.

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    you and 60,000 other people.

    It will be the only time you'll wait for shitty Denny's food.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  4. #4
    Member Mctommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    BFE.
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Babe's B-B-Que Grill
    71800 Highway 111
    Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
    7603468738

    oops n/m, that's for a heavy lunch!

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,657

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    When I was driving, that's all I pretty much saw; Burger King and Taco Bell.

  6. #6
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    check out this restaurant search from a local news website. i'm sure you'll find something.
    http://directories.thedesertsun.com/...ing/search.asp

  7. #7
    Lurker cellophane_star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Is there a Sonic? We don't have them in Canada. Everytime I hear about it, people are saying how awesome it is.

    Edit: nevermind, I looked it up. There is not. But there's one in Anaheim! I'll be going there after Coachella

  8. #8

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    try citysearch.com

  9. #9

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    If you have never had In N Out before I highly recommend checking that out while you are in Southern Cali. MMMMMMMMM Double Double.

  10. #10
    Member jimmycrackcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    in the shadow of mt. san jacinto
    Posts
    1,933

    Smile Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailmix View Post
    If you have never had In N Out before I highly recommend checking that out while you are in Southern Cali. MMMMMMMMM Double Double.
    in & out is a good go to restaurant but an even BETTER burger joint is "burgers & beer" just a lil up the street in front of the indio fairgrounds on hwy 111... it's right next to a weinerschnitzel... the name says it all! you get a HUGE selection of burgers in either 1/3 or 1/2 pound sizes, all kinds of choices AT your table of things to put on your burgers (sauces, peppers, etc), a flat screen tv for YOU to control @ each of the booths, and some great beer in BIG mugs... if you have never had one order a lava burger (a burger with serrano peppers chopped up inside the meat, spicy jack cheese, and a chipotle sauce) and a king size chavela (beer w/clamato, hot sauce, lemon, and spices on the rim)
    Last edited by jimmycrackcorn; 03-02-2007 at 05:30 PM.
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

  11. #11
    Member stillavirgin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    their was a great italian place we went 2 everyday in la quinta about 1/4 mile from the la quinta hotel not sure about the streets but highly recommended,some of the best food ive had.there was a bunch of us and everyone liked what they got
    IF I DONT GET MY SHIT TOGETHER IL NEVER GET LAID

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    cold white north
    Posts
    2,281

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    in 'n out is a definite MUST-GO place...so is the Crazy Cactus taco stand on the way in from LA (its at the outlet malls, just before the windmills) - best fucking tacos ever...

    breakfast is a tough call though....i'd load up on the carbs wherever you go

    ps. that burger place sounds AWESOME!!!
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

  13. #13
    Member Carlitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    What about vegetarian options outside the venue ?

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie HEADSTRUCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    in & out is a good go to restaurant but an even BETTER burger joint is "burgers & beer" just a lil up the street in front of the indio fairgrounds on hwy 111... it's right next to a weinerschnitzel... the name says it all! you get a HUGE selection of burgers in either 1/3 or 1/2 pound sizes, all kinds of choices AT your table of things to put on your burgers (sauces, peppers, etc), a flat screen tv for YOU to control @ each of the booths, and some great beer in BIG mugs... if you have never had one order a lava burger (a burger with serrano peppers chopped up inside the meat, spicy jack cheese, and a chipotle sauce) and a king size chavela (beer w/clamato, hot sauce, lemon, and spices on the rim)
    that sounds perfect...r there open after fest?

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlitos View Post
    What about vegetarian options outside the venue ?
    Non-existent.

    E

  16. #16
    Member jimmycrackcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    in the shadow of mt. san jacinto
    Posts
    1,933

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    that sounds perfect...r there open after fest?
    no, unfortunately i think they will be closed by that time... if you are here for a day before or after the event check it out tho dude... they even have a flat screen in the bathroom by the urinals so you dont miss the game... + a few video games and pinball too...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

  17. #17

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    The best selection of eats in Indio are taco shops. There's Taqueria Guerrero (81576 Hwy. 111) across the street from the K Mart and next to McDonnald's. If you like Menudo or Pozole, they should have some on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Another is Tacos Jalisco (45333 Fargo St), which is in-between Indio Blvd. and HWY 111. They have some of the best tortas in town.

    If you want a good traditional breakfast, the best place in Indio is Elmer's (81539 Hwy 111). It's alot like IHop or Dennys, except way better and locally owned.

    If you want to grab some good sandwiches, theres Sub Stop, which is actually in the same shopping center as Elmer's. Their Subs are just as good as the Sub King, which is a local chain that most people think serves the best sandwiches.

    Hope this helps!

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    What kind of food do they have inside the venue?
    And is it rediculously over priced? Or is it slightly under that?

  19. #19
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokesQuantity View Post
    The best selection of eats in Indio are taco shops. There's Taqueria Guerrero (81576 Hwy. 111) across the street from the K Mart and next to McDonnald's. If you like Menudo or Pozole, they should have some on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Another is Tacos Jalisco (45333 Fargo St), which is in-between Indio Blvd. and HWY 111. They have some of the best tortas in town.

    If you want a good traditional breakfast, the best place in Indio is Elmer's (81539 Hwy 111). It's alot like IHop or Dennys, except way better and locally owned.

    If you want to grab some good sandwiches, theres Sub Stop, which is actually in the same shopping center as Elmer's. Their Subs are just as good as the Sub King, which is a local chain that most people think serves the best sandwiches.

    Hope this helps!
    I don't think Elmers is local to CA. We have them here in OR. They are better than Dennys or iPlop though.

  20. #20
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,851

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    I think we ate at Elmer's last year on May-Day. There was a sign on the door saying that the employees agreed to come in and work on May-Day despite the protests. There was hardly anything else open.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cellophane_star View Post
    Is there a Sonic? We don't have them in Canada. Everytime I hear about it, people are saying how awesome it is.

    Edit: nevermind, I looked it up. There is not. But there's one in Anaheim! I'll be going there after Coachella
    Forget Sonic. The only place you need to know about is In-n-Out simply the best fast food joint around.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    To the guy from Canada - Sonic is good. You won't be dissapointed, and they have the frozen deserts/drinks on lock. From one Canuck to another, you gotta hit a Carl's JR...just awesome if you are all about burgers. The Breakfast Burger is pure grease love. Didn't make it to In-N-Out, but hear great things. Stay away from the Del Taco & Jack In The Box.

    The Red Robin is also a winner... unlimited drinks and fries with meal. It's just a killer. Serious stuff.
    Last edited by scottierock; 03-03-2007 at 04:23 PM.

  23. #23
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Burger Time off Varner in Palm Desert is our breakfast stop for the past 3 years. HUGE menu even at breakfast time...anything from mexican food to gyros. Bomb-ass fries.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles County
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Me hungry!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    in & out is a good go to restaurant but an even BETTER burger joint is "burgers & beer" just a lil up the street in front of the indio fairgrounds on hwy 111... it's right next to a weinerschnitzel... the name says it all! you get a HUGE selection of burgers in either 1/3 or 1/2 pound sizes, all kinds of choices AT your table of things to put on your burgers (sauces, peppers, etc), a flat screen tv for YOU to control @ each of the booths, and some great beer in BIG mugs... if you have never had one order a lava burger (a burger with serrano peppers chopped up inside the meat, spicy jack cheese, and a chipotle sauce) and a king size chavela (beer w/clamato, hot sauce, lemon, and spices on the rim)

  25. #25
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,799

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by scottierock View Post
    To the guy from Canada - Sonic is good. You won't be dissapointed, and they have the frozen deserts/drinks on lock. From one Canuck to another, you gotta hit a Carl's JR...just awesome if you are all about burgers. The Breakfast Burger is pure grease love. Didn't make it to In-N-Out, but hear great things. Stay away from the Del Taco & Jack In The Box.

    The Red Robin is also a winner... unlimited drinks and fries with meal. It's just a killer. Serious stuff.
    Jack in the Box = best hangover food ever.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  26. #26
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Yakk in the Box ? Blech.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    Right near the venue at 50th and Jefferson there is a kick ass italian joint named Marios, prolly be packed though.

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    What kind of food do they have INSIDE the venue?
    And how are the prices?

  29. #29

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    burger time - yes. elmers - yes. also, try la casita in indio: dark, low ceilings, excellent chile rellenos, and even live music sometimes.

    shields in indio has date shakes and other local date foods (date as in the fruit, not dinner-and-a-movie). just five minutes down the highway, the taco shop in la quinta shopping center off hwy 111 and washington, by ralphs and red robin, has THE BEST vegetarian burritos.


    in fact, that whole stretch of 111 (madison to washington) has ralphs, target, wal-mart, taco shop, del taco, taco bell, shields, meat market II - all manner of must-sees for the non-local. and the worst thing is, im only kind of kidding.


    really, though. it has tons of restaurants and resources, even if some of them are corporate and evil/shitty.
    coachella valley native.
    coachella festival veteran since 99.
    plus, one year i fainted. twice.

  30. #30
    Member slurpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

    I find it gross people at coachella would eat the type of shitty food in the heat?



    grosssss

Similar Threads

  1. Good time, good spot.
    By Quentin in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 06:51 AM
  2. Last Coachella in Indio?
    By JohnJohnIII in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 07:25 PM
  3. good luck to coachella at pollstar awards.
    By scoop49er in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 10:15 PM
  4. Everyone wish Coachella good luck!
    By tessalasset in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 01:20 PM
  5. Hotel IN INDIO available for Coachella!
    By coachella-hotels in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •