Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

Default Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

I had quite enough of Dennys last year so school me on some local eats in the Indio area. For breakfast preferably and non chain preferably.

Thanks .....

Default Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

Wait there is a Dennys near? Oh my god, I am in love with Dennys. I will be eating there every night.

you and 60,000 other people.

It will be the only time you'll wait for shitty Denny's food.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Babe's B-B-Que Grill
    71800 Highway 111
    Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

oops n/m, that's for a heavy lunch!

When I was driving, that's all I pretty much saw; Burger King and Taco Bell.

check out this restaurant search from a local news website. i'm sure you'll find something.
    http://directories.thedesertsun.com/...ing/search.asp

Is there a Sonic? We don't have them in Canada. Everytime I hear about it, people are saying how awesome it is.

Edit: nevermind, I looked it up. There is not. But there's one in Anaheim! I'll be going there after Coachella

try citysearch.com

If you have never had In N Out before I highly recommend checking that out while you are in Southern Cali. MMMMMMMMM Double Double.

Smile Re: Good eats in Coachella / Indio ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trailmix View Post
    If you have never had In N Out before I highly recommend checking that out while you are in Southern Cali. MMMMMMMMM Double Double.
    in & out is a good go to restaurant but an even BETTER burger joint is "burgers & beer" just a lil up the street in front of the indio fairgrounds on hwy 111... it's right next to a weinerschnitzel... the name says it all! you get a HUGE selection of burgers in either 1/3 or 1/2 pound sizes, all kinds of choices AT your table of things to put on your burgers (sauces, peppers, etc), a flat screen tv for YOU to control @ each of the booths, and some great beer in BIG mugs... if you have never had one order a lava burger (a burger with serrano peppers chopped up inside the meat, spicy jack cheese, and a chipotle sauce) and a king size chavela (beer w/clamato, hot sauce, lemon, and spices on the rim)
    Last edited by jimmycrackcorn; 03-02-2007 at 05:30 PM.
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

their was a great italian place we went 2 everyday in la quinta about 1/4 mile from the la quinta hotel not sure about the streets but highly recommended,some of the best food ive had.there was a bunch of us and everyone liked what they got
    IF I DONT GET MY SHIT TOGETHER IL NEVER GET LAID

in 'n out is a definite MUST-GO place...so is the Crazy Cactus taco stand on the way in from LA (its at the outlet malls, just before the windmills) - best fucking tacos ever...

breakfast is a tough call though....i'd load up on the carbs wherever you go

ps. that burger place sounds AWESOME!!!
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

What about vegetarian options outside the venue ?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    in & out is a good go to restaurant but an even BETTER burger joint is "burgers & beer" just a lil up the street in front of the indio fairgrounds on hwy 111... it's right next to a weinerschnitzel... the name says it all! you get a HUGE selection of burgers in either 1/3 or 1/2 pound sizes, all kinds of choices AT your table of things to put on your burgers (sauces, peppers, etc), a flat screen tv for YOU to control @ each of the booths, and some great beer in BIG mugs... if you have never had one order a lava burger (a burger with serrano peppers chopped up inside the meat, spicy jack cheese, and a chipotle sauce) and a king size chavela (beer w/clamato, hot sauce, lemon, and spices on the rim)
    that sounds perfect...r there open after fest?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carlitos View Post
    What about vegetarian options outside the venue ?
    Non-existent.

E

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    that sounds perfect...r there open after fest?
    no, unfortunately i think they will be closed by that time... if you are here for a day before or after the event check it out tho dude... they even have a flat screen in the bathroom by the urinals so you dont miss the game... + a few video games and pinball too...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

The best selection of eats in Indio are taco shops. There's Taqueria Guerrero (81576 Hwy. 111) across the street from the K Mart and next to McDonnald's. If you like Menudo or Pozole, they should have some on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Another is Tacos Jalisco (45333 Fargo St), which is in-between Indio Blvd. and HWY 111. They have some of the best tortas in town.

If you want a good traditional breakfast, the best place in Indio is Elmer's (81539 Hwy 111). It's alot like IHop or Dennys, except way better and locally owned.

If you want to grab some good sandwiches, theres Sub Stop, which is actually in the same shopping center as Elmer's. Their Subs are just as good as the Sub King, which is a local chain that most people think serves the best sandwiches.

Hope this helps!

What kind of food do they have inside the venue?
    And is it rediculously over priced? Or is it slightly under that?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesQuantity View Post
    The best selection of eats in Indio are taco shops. There's Taqueria Guerrero (81576 Hwy. 111) across the street from the K Mart and next to McDonnald's. If you like Menudo or Pozole, they should have some on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Another is Tacos Jalisco (45333 Fargo St), which is in-between Indio Blvd. and HWY 111. They have some of the best tortas in town.

If you want a good traditional breakfast, the best place in Indio is Elmer's (81539 Hwy 111). It's alot like IHop or Dennys, except way better and locally owned.

If you want to grab some good sandwiches, theres Sub Stop, which is actually in the same shopping center as Elmer's. Their Subs are just as good as the Sub King, which is a local chain that most people think serves the best sandwiches.

Hope this helps!
    I don't think Elmers is local to CA. We have them here in OR. They are better than Dennys or iPlop though.

I think we ate at Elmer's last year on May-Day. There was a sign on the door saying that the employees agreed to come in and work on May-Day despite the protests. There was hardly anything else open.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cellophane_star View Post
    Is there a Sonic? We don't have them in Canada. Everytime I hear about it, people are saying how awesome it is.

Edit: nevermind, I looked it up. There is not. But there's one in Anaheim! I'll be going there after Coachella
    Forget Sonic. The only place you need to know about is In-n-Out simply the best fast food joint around.

To the guy from Canada - Sonic is good. You won't be dissapointed, and they have the frozen deserts/drinks on lock. From one Canuck to another, you gotta hit a Carl's JR...just awesome if you are all about burgers. The Breakfast Burger is pure grease love. Didn't make it to In-N-Out, but hear great things. Stay away from the Del Taco & Jack In The Box.

The Red Robin is also a winner... unlimited drinks and fries with meal. It's just a killer. Serious stuff.
    Last edited by scottierock; 03-03-2007 at 04:23 PM.

Burger Time off Varner in Palm Desert is our breakfast stop for the past 3 years. HUGE menu even at breakfast time...anything from mexican food to gyros. Bomb-ass fries.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Me hungry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by scottierock View Post
    To the guy from Canada - Sonic is good. You won't be dissapointed, and they have the frozen deserts/drinks on lock. From one Canuck to another, you gotta hit a Carl's JR...just awesome if you are all about burgers. The Breakfast Burger is pure grease love. Didn't make it to In-N-Out, but hear great things. Stay away from the Del Taco & Jack In The Box.

The Red Robin is also a winner... unlimited drinks and fries with meal. It's just a killer. Serious stuff.
    Jack in the Box = best hangover food ever.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Yakk in the Box ? Blech.

Banned

Right near the venue at 50th and Jefferson there is a kick ass italian joint named Marios, prolly be packed though.

What kind of food do they have INSIDE the venue?
    And how are the prices?

burger time - yes. elmers - yes. also, try la casita in indio: dark, low ceilings, excellent chile rellenos, and even live music sometimes.

shields in indio has date shakes and other local date foods (date as in the fruit, not dinner-and-a-movie). just five minutes down the highway, the taco shop in la quinta shopping center off hwy 111 and washington, by ralphs and red robin, has THE BEST vegetarian burritos.

in fact, that whole stretch of 111 (madison to washington) has ralphs, target, wal-mart, taco shop, del taco, taco bell, shields, meat market II - all manner of must-sees for the non-local. and the worst thing is, im only kind of kidding.

really, though. it has tons of restaurants and resources, even if some of them are corporate and evil/shitty.
    coachella valley native.
    coachella festival veteran since 99.
    plus, one year i fainted. twice.

I find it gross people at coachella would eat the type of shitty food in the heat?

grosssss