Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Adds Coming for Saturday and Sunday

Banned

Default Re: Adds Coming for Saturday and Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by midnitevulture View Post
    I've just got a hunch YOU aren't very successful in your life. a hunch. I didn't mention anyone else. There's still plenty of time though dude, if ya try and redirect that anger you have for a man from Dublin you've never met. Get over it! Hehe I love Bono debates. Yup, I need more hobbies.
    Dude, I just don't care for U2 and don't pay much attention to King Bono or Ireland's life. It just doesn't interest or concern me. I'm merely not into that type of music. If he helps cure AIDS, great, we don't need that problem looming over our heads. It doesn't make me an unsuccessful person in life, it just makes me a person who is overall indifferent to all things U2. Let them come to Coachella. Check another big name I never intended to see on my own off the list. Calm down, person.

Quote Originally Posted by PierogiHead View Post
    Dude, I just don't care for U2 and don't pay much attention to King Bono or Ireland's life. It just doesn't interest or concern me. I'm merely not into that type of music. If he helps cure AIDS, great, we don't need that problem looming over our heads. It doesn't make me an unsuccessful person in life, it just makes me a person who is overall indifferent to all things U2. Let them come to Coachella. Check another big name I never intended to see on my own off the list. Calm down, person.
    Well that all makes perfect sense, and fits right in with my original post. And don't worry, I'm perfectly calm. So he might make shit music in your eyes, he might be a giant twat in your eyes, but if he is helping cure AIDS or whatever, great. That's pretty much all I said in the original post. If someone has a huge problem with the man doing good, then I just see that person as an idiot. And I also said I'd rather they DIDNT come to Coachella, did you read my post at all before you called me a cock sucker? Hehe.

Banned

And I also said I'd rather they DIDNT come to Coachella, did you read my post at all before you called me a cock sucker? Hehe.
    I did, but was just insinuating that I'm open-minded when it comes to ridiculous adds.

I just can't work out all the bitching here. I suppose it's universal, everyone wants more more more. Sure the Killers are fuckin atrocious live(I actually like alot of their songs), and The Cure are abysmal at festivals, but fuck the headliners, there's heaps more to see and do. Can't feckin wait. A superb lineup does not make a superb festival. Go to Ireland's Oxegen for proof in point.

Banned

Happiness is what you make you it.

whiney pain in butt

it is a warm gun

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    it is a warm gun
    whoa...the ghost of John Lennon is being added!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

This thread got much more plausible with the mysterious "pay later" function

This thread is the most nausiating pile of shit we've been subjected to since Scoops Line-up prediction double-threat. Are you guys really debating the price of Bono's sunglasses and the morality of celebrities in general? Paris Hilton has more dignity

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

no wai...nothing could ever match the shitstorm that came from that other thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Ah man, you're seriously not the sharpest tool in the box are ya? First off, yes, I am a big U2 fan, and secondly, yes I am Irish, so this makes me very biased. But I am also bored and hungover, and have had this argument countless times(believe it or not, alot of bitter Irish people hate them too!), it's usually a good laugh, a good debate. But plain and simply, you are so wrong.

So fair enough, you hate U2 for their music, no problem, that's personal taste. But you also seem to have an unhealthy hatred for the little man with the jesus complex. Why so? Dude, he is head of the biggest band in the world, ever, and he is doing unforseen good for the poor in Africa(try google, the evidence is there, he has saved lives, as cheesy as it sounds, the work he has played a huge part in is paying dividends, and it's not just about throwing money to Africa, do 1 minute of research before you do 10 minutes of bullshitting), do you think that might go to the head of an undersized upstart from the north of Dublin? It's almost as stupid as the people who gave out about Obama because he appeared "too confident, too cocky". You can even hate Bono(which usually just boils down to bitterness, he's just like you or me, the difference is he is doing something bloody amazing with his life, what have you done lately psychobetabucketdown? ), but I'm afraid you either respect the guy's work, or just STFU. There's nothing worse than some idiot giving out about a doo-gooder. Yes we should all just get wasted and get high, fuck the world, it's fucked anyway, right? Hehe, cheers for the laughs though.

Oh and long time lurker, first time poster, a few of us hitting your lovely festival for the first time, can't blooming wait!!! And I hope U2 DON'T perform, and I hugely doubt they will. They're off busy with other things, no doubt the jesus fella is off trying to save the World! But if they did turn up to belt a few tunes out, it would be epic, and one of those "i was there" moments. I'd just rather my first coachella experience to be about Coachella and not U2. The lineup is EPIC, a few surprises would be nice though. See ya'll next week!
    I think maybe you're "bitter" for the fact that the most important act to come out of Ireland is fucking U2. But that's okay, you can have Bruce Springsteen if you want. And The Killers, why not?

Throwing money at Africa has not done shit to help in 50 years. Maybe you should read "Dead Aid" by Dambisa Moyo. Better yet, Bono should read it.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Things are heating up.
    Coachella 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009

Coachella Junkie

Maybe you should read a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Maybe you should read a dick.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by icarus04 View Post
    Things are heating up.

this is all b.s. if you cant tell us anything, things are heating up what the fuck is that just tell us for we could go back to are normal lives
    Last edited by johnnystar; 04-07-2009 at 07:43 PM.
    Coachella 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 WEEKEND 1 AND 2

anybody notice that the first song on the new silversun pickups album is awesome?

just trying to bring some light into this eternal darkness of poo

word
    last.fm/user/killakat

Bono...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bono....

I'm not a barricuda, even though I flash the teeth...

Banned

why has this thread disintegrated into a mindless squabble over the merits of bono. I came in here to see unsubstantiated rumors!

Bono (Spoken Word)

bono vs henry rollins
    steel cage fight
    last.fm/user/killakat

Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Thief of Fire, I'll just reiterate one thing - 50 freakin years of aid and practically no improvement. Capitalism works, money going into the hands of corrupt African leaders does not.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Thief of Fire, I'll just reiterate one thing - 50 freakin years of aid and practically no improvement. Capitalism works, money going into the hands of corrupt African leaders does not.
    And I'll reiterate this, your argument is about 10 years out of date. They've acknowledged this fact, and changed tack completely. They don't just hand money over any more. They buy medical supplies and hand them out to the people who need them. They start companies that generate jobs for african people. They build schools and put teachers in them to educate the kids in impoverished places. Dude, you're a joke. They're helping, obviously they ain't gonna save the world, but at least they're fucking trying to help people, and not taking your selfish, defeatest attitude. Do some more up to date research will you? Or shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by karma_guy View Post
    bono vs henry rollins
    steel cage fight
    Main Stage from 8:00 to 8:02

Quote Originally Posted by PierogiHead View Post
    Unless you live driving distance away from Indio, I don't think even U2 would magically make tickets fly out the door or cause a rise among festivalgoers less than 2 weeks away from the festival. You'd need something of shock value, once in a lifetime and hotly unthinkable to do so like a Smiths reunion.
    morrisseys tour list is full, no room to practice with the band. marr to join him is possible
    ]
    sitting through a Jack Johnson headliner with special guests counting crows, ben harper, and dave matthews with a midget sitting on my lap ....a retarded midget with drool driping down my leg as he claps to the curious george song as i hold his lolly pop, while MIA's dj blasts horn noises in my right ear while staring at a 3rd addition of the tesla coils while the group of guys with g strings fart in my left ear > Kanye West

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil007 View Post
    anybody notice that the first song on the new silversun pickups album is awesome?

just trying to bring some light into this eternal darkness of poo
    I did and I think it'd make for a really exciting opening number.

"hotley unthinkable" is a matter of opinion. The smiths ain't that.
    Period.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    "hotley unthinkable" is a matter of opinion. The smiths ain't that.
    Period.
    This was an interesting comment and here's why: You say "hotly unthinkable" is a matter of opinion. Then you go on to insert your own. Haha

whiney pain in butt

that they know nothing..

except i miss them, i look foward to their next tour.

umph