Thread: Outside of festival tickets?

Default Outside of festival tickets?

Does anyone know how much people just standing outside the festival would charge for their tickets? Would it be like $1,000 for a three day or something?

Default Re: Outside of festival tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Vericuester View Post
    Does anyone know how much people just standing outside the festival would charge for their tickets? Would it be like $1,000 for a three day or something?
    my gf got $1k for a single radiohead tix a couple years back. i don't think that's the norm. they'll get as much as someone is willing to spend i guess

man you are better off spending $500-600 now... than what they will go for that day.

in years past, they get very desperate by the day of the show and are willing to make very little profit. if you must purchase tickets this way, on the day of the show, you will be asked for way less than $350 (for the bundle). do not buy them from agencies.
    they send their minions out to the parking lot with all the unbought, 300% marked up tickets on the day of the show to recoup as much of their losses as possible. dont feed the beasts.
    Last edited by chunk; 02-15-2007 at 09:48 AM.

2 of my kids said they might not go on Sunday but probably won't decide until then(they might want to just hang out at the hotel:they are teens and not interested in most of Sundays bands) So--if I stand outside am I allowed to sell? I don't need to gouge anybody but just get the money back.

dont know if its legal, but many people are there doing it every year.

Yeah-Don't want to risk me not being able to get in on Sunday!

I'll buy your tickets if it comes down to it.

last year i drove up to the box office at coachella on sunday morning about 930am. i bought one ticket from some scalper for 120, just looked real earnest and he said "ah you look like a decent fellow"

then i bought another for 100

I buy tix fairly often at shows when they are sold out. I've never done this at Coachella though. If you ask enough people, you can usually find people who are willing to sell tix at face value. Sometimes friends can't make it and just ask their buddies to sell the tix to make their money back.

I would never buy tickets outside of a venue simply because of how easy it is to counterfeit tickets. If worse comes to worse, and it has, then try ebay, or (gulp!) craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by longbeach90803 View Post
    my gf got $1k for a single radiohead tix a couple years back. i don't think that's the norm. they'll get as much as someone is willing to spend i guess
    your gf is a cunt for selling a ticket for a grand. i hope...that she chokes.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by luke79 View Post
    I would never buy tickets outside of a venue simply because of how easy it is to counterfeit tickets. If worse comes to worse, and it has, then try ebay, or (gulp!) craigslist.
    i think your order is in reverse. e-bay is the worst. talk about a rip off. sure, you are less likely to get counterfit, but you are also more likely to get ass-raped on the price. ive bought outside venues plenty of times. just gotta use your head.

Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    your gf is a cunt for selling a ticket for a grand. i hope...that she chokes.
    wow... what a choice of word.

You would definitely be the last person anyone should consider selling tickets.

I understand the frustration, but please, that's not very nice and gentleman like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctommy View Post
    wow... what a choice of word.

You would definitely be the last person anyone should consider selling tickets.

I understand the frustration, but please, that's not very nice and gentleman like.
    if you are selling them for a grand, then yes, im the last person you should consider selling them too, cuz ill spit in your face. sorry i dont take kindly to scalpers...anybody who would sell a ticket for that much is a piece of shit in my book. if that makes me less of a gentleman in your book, so be it. and even though you think you do, you obviously dont undertsand...

Sexecutioner's got a point.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

if that makes me less of a gentleman in your book, so be it. and even though you think you do, you obviously dont undertsand...
    Assumptions. How is it that I obviously don't understand? Please explain.

It's your choice of words and the use of your language that portrays who you are. It is especially true in an internet setting, or in this case a message board.

I understand people are frustrated, that doesn't mean that people should just start calling people of names like "c__t"

I, for one, would never have sold a 3-day pass to you if I read this. And yes, I did sell a 3-day ticket to someone on this board for a little over face value within the last 24 hour.

If the difference between me being able to go and not being able to go comes down to my ability to make a profit from selling my extra tickets, I think the choice is obvious. Also, your girlfriend is a total cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

Quote Originally Posted by codytwo View Post
    If the difference between me being able to go and not being able to go comes down to my ability to make a profit from selling my extra tickets, I think the choice is obvious.
    horrible excuse.
    Last edited by chunk; 02-15-2007 at 08:53 AM.

Assumptions. How is it that I obviously don't understand? Please explain.

It's your choice of words and the use of your language that portrays who you are. It is especially true in an internet setting, or in this case a message board.

I understand people are frustrated, that doesn't mean that people should just start calling people of names like "c__t"

I, for one, would never have sold a 3-day pass to you if I read this. And yes, I did sell a 3-day ticket to someone on this board for a little over face value within the last 24 hour.
    you dont understand cuz you seem to think this is about me wanting tickets or being upset that 3-day passes are sold out. i could give a fuck, i already have my tickets. i bought them in the pre-sale.

this has to do with me not liking people profiting from scalping, especially as outrageous a profit as that. in my opinion, its just wrong, and anybody who does it is a cunt. im not going to be polite to people who dont deserve it.

although i dont know whats worse, the people that sell for that much money, or the rich douchebags who pay that much. i guess ill say that there is one situation where i would condone that kind of thing. if you know the person who wants the ticket is out of control rich, and a total douche who deserves to be ripped off, then its ok. but i'm talking like a hollywood celeb or something, like if ashton kutcher came up to me and wanted to buy my extra radiohead ticket, id totally sell it to him for a grand. then i could say i punked that bitch, haha. but for real, buying tickets just to sell them at a higher value is a shitty thing to do. sure, its just capitalism, but it takes the tickets out of the average fan's hands and put them into the hands of the rich, and id say thats a pretty cunty thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by codytwo View Post
    If the difference between me being able to go and not being able to go comes down to my ability to make a profit from selling my extra tickets, I think the choice is obvious. Also, your girlfriend is a total cunt.
    if you really want to go to a concert, im sure you could find a way to save up for it, and buy a ticket without profiting off of others' misfortunes. in this case, you've only had like 9 months. no excuse there.

although i dont know whats worse, the people that sell for that much money, or the rich douchebags who pay that much. i guess ill say that there is one situation where i would condone that kind of thing. if you know the person who wants the ticket is out of control rich, and a total douche who deserves to be ripped off, then its ok. but i'm talking like a hollywood celeb or something, like if ashton kutcher came up to me and wanted to buy my extra radiohead ticket, id totally sell it to him for a grand. then i could say i punked that bitch, haha. but for real, buying tickets just to sell them at a higher value is a shitty thing to do.
    Why ripping apart scalping, but yet you say "one situation where i would condone that kind of thing? Scalping is scalping, it shouldn't matter who the buyer is if you are selling for big profit and with the intent on doing so. And why give preferential treatment to hollywood celebs? Are you trying to kiss their asses? You are just a hypocrit if you start making exceptions for the celebs.

Rich people can afford the festival just as much as filthy rich people. Really what's another added $300 expense added to their current income.

Default Stray camping pass?

So my friends and I were planning on driving down to Los Angeles from Reno to enjoy our first ever Coachella, but my genious friend forgot to get a camping pass. So we have 5 tickets, and 4 camping passes... Anyone happen to have bought an extra by any chance? Thanks

I know you can sell your tickets at face value outside the door and its legal, and if i am not mistaken (maybe check in to it), you can mark them up only 10% to stay within the law...but I cant verify this without research and thats something for you to do if you so wish.

Quote Originally Posted by momof5 View Post
    2 of my kids said they might not go on Sunday but probably won't decide until then(they might want to just hang out at the hotel:they are teens and not interested in most of Sundays bands) So--if I stand outside am I allowed to sell? I don't need to gouge anybody but just get the money back.

Why ripping apart scalping, but yet you say "one situation where i would condone that kind of thing? Scalping is scalping, it shouldn't matter who the buyer is if you are selling for big profit and with the intent on doing so. And why give preferential treatment to hollywood celebs? Are you trying to kiss their asses? You are just a hypocrit if you start making exceptions for the celebs.

Rich people can afford the festival just as much as filthy rich people. Really what's another added $300 expense added to their current income.
    ok, first of all, i was joking when i said that, hence the "haha, but for real..." at the end of it. i agree scalping is scalping, and it sucks no matter how you cut it. But...that said, there are different degrees of scalping, and i dont look down on some as much as others. but this is all just my own logic of course.

second, you obviously misunderstood what i was saying. by scalping a hollywood celeb a ticket for an outrageous amount, im not giving them preferential treatment. its actually the opposite. i would be purposefully ass-raping them cuz they can afford it and cuz i have no respect for them and therefor dont give a shit about them. in other words "if you are a rich douchebag who deserves to get ripped off, then heres a ticket for $1000." but like i said earlier, im joking when i say that cuz scalping is scalping. whenever i have an extra ticket to a show, i sell it for face value (or even under) to somebody who i feel would appreciate it the most.

when ive sold my tickets to some kid who i can tell is dying to get into the show, and i see the look on their face when i hook them up, it gives me a warm fuzzy, and thats worth more than any $$$ amount, so fuck y'all.

Banned

most scalpers will send their people out the day of the show to get what they can. they are basically trying to get what they can for the tix. once the day starts they will go up then at some point will go down.. saw it all the time.... best bet is just go through ebay and hope for a deal... good luck to ya..

ok, first of all, i was joking when i said that, hence the "haha, but for real..." at the end of it. i agree scalping is scalping, and it sucks no matter how you cut it. But...that said, there are different degrees of scalping, and i dont look down on some as much as others. but this is all just my own logic of course.

second, you obviously misunderstood what i was saying. by scalping a hollywood celeb a ticket for an outrageous amount, im not giving them preferential treatment. its actually the opposite. i would be purposefully ass-raping them cuz they can afford it and cuz i have no respect for them and therefor dont give a shit about them. in other words "if you are a rich douchebag who deserves to get ripped off, then heres a ticket for $1000." but like i said earlier, im joking when i say that cuz scalping is scalping. whenever i have an extra ticket to a show, i sell it for face value (or even under) to somebody who i feel would appreciate it the most.

when ive sold my tickets to some kid who i can tell is dying to get into the show, and i see the look on their face when i hook them up, it gives me a warm fuzzy, and thats worth more than any $$$ amount, so fuck y'all.
    Once you scalp that ticket to a celeb or a rich person, you are just like any other scalper.

You sound like you hate rich people, or just jealous.

On that note, I'll end my discussion in this thread.

Ciao.

Thanks, people.

eBay people's prices are making me cry. I nearly did cry when I saw how much I might have to spend. I'm going into such debt for this.

I'm sure the karma police will get the scalpers, so it's good.

FUCK THIS!

It's 2 am. I've got to go to work soon!

I need tickets!

Oh man, I have been losing sleep over this too.

And I have school, but none tomorrow thanks for president's day.