Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE UN-OFFICIAL COACHELLA 2009 CAMPSITE CONTEST AND WILDLIFE DISPLAY

Default THE UN-OFFICIAL COACHELLA 2009 CAMPSITE CONTEST AND WILDLIFE DISPLAY

Due to an ongoing rivalry here on the board recently between afew camping groups, and the fact that this will be Our first year camping, I thought it would be fun to express our own creative ideas giving thanks to Paul Tollett for the 10 unforgetable years of Art and Music he has given us inside the festival...I know we've always looked in from outside the campground fence, and when we decided to camp, my first thought was, "How the hell will I find my nest each night after the show?" I've come up with afew ideas, as well as shared afew ideas with others, but now I think it would be way cool to see some ideas! What about you guys?

Keep in mind that there are Facts and Rules you must follow, but that's part of the creative challenge. You can share hints if you want in this thread, give advice, get ideas, or just see exactly how much creativity is out there among all those who share this festival... I'm thinking there's quite abit! As far as an actual contest with prizes go, you tell me...Suggest categories, "Best of," whatever...I know Ivankay got some great campground pics last year, because I used them in this poster... Maybe between all of us, there will end up being a really cool new picture thread in about 3 weeks...(Gotta have time after Coachella to recover!)

Default Re: THE UN-OFFICIAL COACHELLA 2009 CAMPSITE CONTEST AND WILDLIFE DISPLAY

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Due to an ongoing rivalry here on the board recently between afew camping groups, and the fact that this will be Our first year camping, I thought it would be fun to express our own creative ideas giving thanks to Paul Tollett for the 10 unforgetable years of Art and Music he has given us inside the festival...I know we've always looked in from outside the campground fence, and when we decided to camp, my first thought was, "How the hell will I find my nest each night after the show?" I've come up with afew ideas, as well as shared afew ideas with others, but now I think it would be way cool to see some ideas! What about you guys?

Keep in mind that there are Facts and Rules you must follow, but that's part of the creative challenge. You can share hints if you want in this thread, give advice, get ideas, or just see exactly how much creativity is out there among all those who share this festival... I'm thinking there's quite abit! As far as an actual contest with prizes go, you tell me...Suggest categories, "Best of," whatever...I know Ivankay got some great campground pics last year, because I used them in this poster... Maybe between all of us, there will end up being a really cool new picture thread in about 3 weeks...(Gotta have time after Coachella to recover!)
    Exactly 1 week from now the creativity should be flowing!!! Or, I should say, Glowing!

Default Re: THE UN-OFFICIAL COACHELLA 2009 CAMPSITE CONTEST AND WILDLIFE DISPLAY

The picture on the right in the middle is classic.

I can pretty much predict that this year's campground will definitely "out-shine"all previous camping years! The Camping All Alone Group may be headed to the desert, but they're arriving via Yellow Submarine! And, PAW has already begun their weekend "trip," which may be a show in itself! That center right hand picture shows that you don't have to be a rocket scientist to pitch a tent, and just about any idiot should atleast try!

LOL Pardon me while I bask in the GLOW of that cheap shot!

Okay, where the hell is the thread about our significant others and their smartass remarks about our posting on the board? Suffacated just told me from the other room that that I sure wasn't being very nice or, humble...Fuck!

Thought I'd bump this during our post Coachella comedown...

Just to show that anybody could have participated...

They came from around the world...

And got back to nature?

Not a tree in sight, campers were forced to adapt or concoct various methods in order to survive...

Including parts of the kitchen sink's plumbing?

Afew put their creative talents to use and chose to save the finishing touches for others to share...

Amongst themselves and on themselves?

And the love of Art and Music shared produced a bond that will last a lifetime.

pity reply

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

BTW...I can't take responsibility for all of these pics, so kudos go out to everyone that may have posted them in their original form for me to nab and add to this thread...Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubby View Post
    pity reply
    ????Cdubby, did you not join in on this Wildlife display?

no i sure didnt, i would have taken that tent with the volcano and the tiki torches though

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

You'd think that since I made the original thread, I would have atleast taken a fucking pic of our campsite, but noooooo, alas I have but only afew that were taken during my practice run at home...(Duh, what an airhead!) Here's my construction site upon arrival...
    And this is my Daft Punk Pyramid vision and prototype I had, complete with disco lights flashing inside.

Showtime! (Or, a lousy attempt to stand still anyway! LOL)
    BTW...We were camped down with FrozenPilgrim in the Dance All Weekend Group. Our canopy was placed over our tent and had a Happy Anniversary Banner hung acrossed the front. If anybody snapped a pic of this, I'd love to see it!

no i sure didnt, i would have taken that tent with the volcano and the tiki torches though
    That's one I never got around to getting a pic of too! Anyone? I heard the damn thing had sound effects and smoke coming out the top!

Like I said, there definitely was no shortage of Wildlife in the campground...

As well as modern spaceage dwellings.

Some were smaller than others...

While others were quite large...

Obviously, while Paul Tollett was fussing over his own showtents, many of us were fussing over ours!
    Speaking of which, I believe this group may have started the whole custom camp competitiveness that began occurring prior to this year's fest...

Worker bees by day and party animals by nite...Obviously!

This camper took the Wildlife reference way too seriously!

My absolute favorite tent at Coachella...

My nomination for most improved camper of the year goes to...

Although the tent bees were impressive, I'd have to say the pool balls and their creator's friendliness to all gets my vote for Special Effects!

pity reply
    Well, damn...just damn...your pity reply is much appreciated, Cdubby...No one else seems to care.

awesome thread. wish someone had taken a pic of someone like on the poster crawling out of their tent failure in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

great pics! and my coachellaville tent is in there!!

great pics, I missed the updates yesterday. Hope there are more to come. I never manage to see as much of the camp ground as I should.

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    awesome thread. wish someone had taken a pic of someone like on the poster crawling out of their tent failure in the morning.
    Hahaha, he didn't have a tent fail. Someone collapsed it while he was passed out. That's why there's toilet paper, palm frawns and the head of a pinata mixed up in the tent...I don't think that happened to anyone this year
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymikemikey View Post
    great pics! and my coachellaville tent is in there!!
    It was the Coachellaville Sheet that caught my eye and then I realized the construction that went into the whole thing. I was curious how security acted when they went through your stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    great pics, I missed the updates yesterday. Hope there are more to come. I never manage to see as much of the camp ground as I should.
    I'm just glad that others got pics of your tent chia so I could post them here!One of my biggest regrets was not finding you myself to snap some! Seriously, it wasn't until Saturday morning when we went to our truck that I started realizing alot of people put effort into their campsites, and did I have my camera? Duh! Go figure! If I had gone aisle to aisle to get all the pics, I would have missed the fest itself! Correct me anyone, if I'm wrong, but I did hear 13,000 campers this year. That's insane! Insanely fun!

Mark's PAW cube was extrememly impressive and I believe pic credit goes to Ivankay for getting this closeup. Keep in mind that Mark pretty much started the PAW group, yet never did get around to setting his tent up the year before. I'd say he more than made up for it this year!

Our camp leader, FrozenPilgrim setting up his brand new shade canopy. I swear, if it wasn't for his previous campground experience, our experience might have been different without his guidance. Hell, his music knowledge alone enhanced my Coachella experience! Each morning was like a music lesson as peeps would stop by and bullshit about this genre, or that artist, etc...

I took this setting up on Thursday morning...Like little Army ants nesting and ready to stake their claim on the grass.

Seeing as suffacated went straight from working a 15 hour day and then headed to LA to pickup FrozenPilgrim for the drive back, he was beyond tired and I took hold of the stakes myself. By the time I got the mattress blown up, he was out within 5 minutes!

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

<3 !

*John Wayne voice* Well FrozenPilgrim, let me tell you...
    We only had to mosey on down the road to get home from Coachella and I'm just now getting back into a daily groove. Hell, suffacated hasn't even quite returned to 15 hour days yet! But, you...You little rascal! You've had quite the little vacation, haven't you? I bet saddling up to party with Marooko, SFChrissy,Greghead, etc had to have made for a great campfire-like setting! (Like cowboys and indians sharing peace-pipes! LOL)

Sounds like you're back at the ol' homestead now, so I'll take this opportunity to thank you for being our guide along the trail to camping at Coachella for our first time! After only 2 hours of sleep the night before, the energy and excitement you held for Coach when we first met that morning was just what I needed to kick me into the final giddyup to get the weekend started! (And, giddyup is what we did! Each morning when the sun would knock on our tent, there you were, ready for the day's pre-fest lesson in music recommendations to go with my morning java! Then we'd go off our separate trails and adventures until well after sunset, returning to the campfire to share our discoveries of the day.

One of the funniest memories of mine is coming back the first night and you were pretty much already hunkered down for the night...alone. Then I wake up the next morning to find Jill crawling out of your tent,and I'm thinking, "Why, that lil' rascal!" LOL She's got to be about the sweetest roller derby queen you could ever meet, but tough as nails at the same time! (Hell, just her journey to the venue and then trying to push onward through the mud and obstacles would have rolled my ass into a sidewall! LOL)

I imagine it may take you until next year at Coachella to get your daily grind back from this year with all the traveling and partying you've experienced over the last few weeks.(Oh, wait, you're like 1/2 my age...scratch that! LOL)Now that you're home, I hope to see pics and hear tales of the whole adventure! I will add one small, tiny complaint though before my final thanks...

HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU POSSIBLY END UP SMOKING A JOINT WITH RANDY AND NOT ME???? lol lol lol I mean, c'mon...the guy called you an asshole and stomped off, whereas I would have smoked it down to the very end with you until we were teetering on incoherant! LOL Guess that just means we try again next year! Until then, thanks for the memories and good times on our first Coachella Campout! XO BD (Beverly) and Suffacated (Pete)

BD, I didn't realize you were camping just at the end of that row. You were only a few yards from us!