Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1615

Thread: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Default Re: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Quote Originally Posted by grifter View Post
    Who has car camping passes? I'm interested in how much chill space there will be? Last year we didn't have enough
    We're at 8 confirmed, currently:
    -ibuprofane
    -grifter
    -manolo
    -FelonyFruitFlinger (2 spots)
    -jgafs
    -Lucy42
    -dontpanic

We had 7 last year and it was a tight fit, but 8 should be a little better. I think we might have had more people/tents last year too.
    Last edited by ibuprofane; 04-03-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy42 View Post
    I keep hearing how awesome Empire of the Sun is (mostly on reddit), so I borrowed a CD from the library and watched some videos on YouTube. I don't get it. I guess they are quirky, but I don't understand the following they have haha. So sounds like we are in a similar boat for Sat headliners.
    I love their albums cuz they totally have an 80's vibe going on. Their live show (seen them 2 times live) is a bit over-produced for a live set. Still, with a new album out this past summer I'm looking forward to see their show again. The visuals (dancers, costumes, etc.) is worth it.
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

Lurker

My roommate was planning on going with me and we were going to stay in her family condo in Palm Desert, but she had some work obligations come up at the last minute and now my housing situation is up in the air. Might be able to latch on to another group of friends, but they are pretty crammed in as is. The tough part about this is we were flying into Long Beach to save some money on airfare, but I most likely will be able to get a ride to Palm Springs. Looking for any situation whether it's a couch, camping, a recliner, whatever. I'm a 24 y/o guy living in Portland, OR who recently graduated from University of Oregon, very easy-going and just looking to enjoy my first Coachella experience!

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielalgriffin View Post
    Im in too! Will bring tons of water, drinks, snacks and 420 to SHARE I'm college girl Gabriela and want to have fun with all you procrastinators!!
    Hi gabriela, do you have a camping pass? I'm afraid we don't have the extra space otherwise. Also, this group is for Weekend 1.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by ibuprofane View Post
    We're at 8 confirmed, currently:
    -ibuprofane
    -grifter
    -manolo
    -FelonyFruitFlinger (2 spots)
    -jgafs
    -Lucy42
    -dontpanic

We had 7 last year and it was a tight fit, but 8 should be a little better. I think we might have had more people/tents last year too.
    Hey there, I have a weekend 1 car camping pass and am interested in joining you all.
    I just found out I'm going solo this year so would like to meet up with some cool people to make a bigger campground. I went the second weekend last year and did something similar with about 10 spots, and it was a lot of fun.

I just have a small tent but often end up crashing in the back of my car, so you 'd be welcome to use most of my spot as a chill/party area if needed.
    This will be my 4th Coachella. Driving from the valley area of LA if anyone needs a ride.

Let me know if it's cool to join you!

Quote Originally Posted by mikepitz View Post
    Hey there, I have a weekend 1 car camping pass and am interested in joining you all.
    I just found out I'm going solo this year so would like to meet up with some cool people to make a bigger campground. I went the second weekend last year and did something similar with about 10 spots, and it was a lot of fun.

I just have a small tent but often end up crashing in the back of my car, so you 'd be welcome to use most of my spot as a chill/party area if needed.
    This will be my 4th Coachella. Driving from the valley area of LA if anyone needs a ride.

Let me know if it's cool to join you!
    Hi Mike, nice to meet you! Most of us are solo or have been solo in previous years so you're in good company. We're planning on meeting up on Thursday around 10am; I'll send out more detailed info to the group via PM on Monday. See you then!

Lurker

Hi Mike, nice to meet you! Most of us are solo or have been solo in previous years so you're in good company. We're planning on meeting up on Thursday around 10am; I'll send out more detailed info to the group via PM on Monday. See you then!
    Great, I look forward to it!

Lurker

I'll be in Eldorado but hoping to meet up with really fun people!

Quote Originally Posted by AntFitz4 View Post
    I'll be in Eldorado but hoping to meet up with really fun people!
    I'll try to post our camp site location once we're there, come say hi!

Well looks like it will be sunny this weekend, but for some reason i think it will still be cold, this year i am going to bring more stuff to bundle up.

Well looks like it will be sunny this weekend, but for some reason i think it will still be cold, this year i am going to bring more stuff to bundle up.
    The forecast is looking perfect so far; I usually bring a hoodie and jeans for night anyways. At least it won't be like 2012. Hopefully we don't have wind problems again though.

Weather.com: Accuweather.com: Wunderground.com:
    Thurs: H-95 L-64 H-91 L-61 H-97 L-65
    Fri: H-89 L-61 H-86 L-58 H-89 L-60
    Sat: H-88 L-63 H-87 L-61 H-88 L-64
    Sun: H-92 L-65 H-90 L-49 H-93 L-67

As long as it's not as windy as last year, I can deal with heat and cold. I saw Trentemoller last night, it was amazing. I can't believe he's not on the line-up considering he played at a goldenvoice venue and dropped a new album last year.

Quote Originally Posted by manolo View Post
    I saw Trentemoller last night, it was amazing. I can't believe he's not on the line-up considering he played at a goldenvoice venue and dropped a new album last year.
    I would have sworn Arctic Monkeys and the Pixies would have been on the line up this year. There were a couple of past Coachella acts that got passed on this time.

Quote Originally Posted by manolo View Post
    As long as it's not as windy as last year, I can deal with heat and cold. I saw Trentemoller last night, it was amazing. I can't believe he's not on the line-up considering he played at a goldenvoice venue and dropped a new album last year.
    Trentemoeller at Coachella, the last time they were there, was *incredible*. I can't wait to see them again.

"cold".

The lowest *low* temperature there is higher than the highest high temperature here since October or so. Southern California is ... unique.

Good morning everyone, and Happy Coachella Week! I'll be sending out the meetup info this afternoon. Please reply with your phone number so that we can contact each other in case someone gets lost or delayed. Thanks!

Good morning everyone, and Happy Coachella Week! I'll be sending out the meetup info this afternoon. Please reply with your phone number so that we can contact each other in case someone gets lost or delayed. Thanks!
    YAY! Last day at work this week for me, I am flying out tomorrow

Yay, indeed!

What are you doing with your free Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    What are you doing with your free Wednesday?
    Mostly stuffing my face with mexican food and drinking as much Fat Tire as I can (both are lacking in MA haha). I want to stop by the beach too. Other than that I'll see where the day takes me.

Mostly stuffing my face with mexican food and drinking as much Fat Tire as I can (both are lacking in MA haha). I want to stop by the beach too. Other than that I'll see where the day takes me.
    Last year the Ralphs around the corner from the venue sold fat tire in cans!

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    Last year the Ralphs around the corner from the venue sold fat tire in cans!
    I am way ahead of you- I have the BEVMO in SD holding 2 12 packs of cans for me. haha. It is my favorite beer, and I can't get it at home. I'll also be flying home with a case most likely.

Hey Guys…serious procrastinator here…I got a weekend 1 car camping spot and going solo this year.
    This will be my 3rd Coachella, 2nd time going solo. I do love going solo cause you don’t have to compromise on what bands you want to see. But last year I car camped it solo and the neighbors weren't so friendly so it was a bit of drag. I told myself that next year I need to find a cool group to camp next to….but here it is, next year with only days to go and I totally lagged on finding a group. I know it’s really late in the game but you all seem like cool people and good group… is it too late to join in on your reindeer games? - Manny

Quote Originally Posted by Wanny8Wanny View Post
    Hey Guys…serious procrastinator here…I got a weekend 1 car camping spot and going solo this year.
    This will be my 3rd Coachella, 2nd time going solo. I do love going solo cause you don’t have to compromise on what bands you want to see. But last year I car camped it solo and the neighbors weren't so friendly so it was a bit of drag. I told myself that next year I need to find a cool group to camp next to….but here it is, next year with only days to go and I totally lagged on finding a group. I know it’s really late in the game but you all seem like cool people and good group… is it too late to join in on your reindeer games? - Manny
    Hi Manny, you've got a camping pass so it's all good! I'll send you a PM with the meetup info.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanny8Wanny View Post
    cool, our man Ibuprofane is organizing, but i dont think it should be any problem as long as you have your own car camping pass. Its cool to have you. I think we are all getting together at Ralphs at 10am on Thursday, so if that works for you welcome to the group!

Lurker

Hey guys haven't posted in this thread in a while, I just got off the phone with my friend and it looks like we're planning on being at Ralphs around 930-10, and then right after I got off the phone I got the Pm from ibu. So if we're there we'll look for ya. I'll be PMing ibuprofane.

Cheers!

(PS I heard Skrillex just finished his new spaceship stage at about 7am this morning)
    Coachella Class of '09, '10, '11, '12W2, '13W1, '14W1

Find me in that Barry Sanders jersey.

Lurker

I wish I had their info

Lurker

I have a friend who works for OWSLA's publicist.
    Coachella Class of '09, '10, '11, '12W2, '13W1, '14W1

Find me in that Barry Sanders jersey.

Thanks guys....just PM'ed Ibuprofane my contact info...looking forward to meeting up with you all.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is any open space in this group. My original plans fell through and now I don't have a place to camp. It would actually be a friend and me on Thursday night, and just me for the rest of the weekend. He is staying off-site afterwards, but I love the camping experience too much. He has a companion pass, so a ride would not be a problem, we kinda just need somewhere to crash. We are both very friendly and like to party too. I could bring a case of beer and a case of water. I'm a 23 year old guy who recently graduated from USC, but now I'm living in Houston, TX. Also this will be my 7th coachella. Let me know if we can work something out. Thanks.

--Nico