Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1614

Thread: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Default Re: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ibuprofane View Post
    I was underwhelmed with Muse in 2010; not that they were bad, there were just better options.
    I think I've seen Muse 2-3 times (I have friends who are REALLY into them). They are pretty good, and I like a lot of older songs, but I'm not that excited to see them again. If there is someone better playing Saturday night, I will skip Muse.

I think I've seen Muse 2-3 times (I have friends who are REALLY into them). They are pretty good, and I like a lot of older songs, but I'm not that excited to see them again. If there is someone better playing Saturday night, I will skip Muse.
    I saw them at Outside Lands, whichever year they played there. They weren't bad, but I'm not all that excited about them again. On the other hand, they're likely playing opposite Empire of the Sun (who closed the outdoor stage the last time they played), and I *hate* them. So it really all comes down to who's in the Sahara.

I'm thinking Skrillex will close the main stage, following Muse (akin to what happened in 2010 with Tiesto following Muse). I'm predicting that Headhunterz closes the Sahara; hardstyle seems like a good way to finish the night.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    I saw them at Outside Lands, whichever year they played there. They weren't bad, but I'm not all that excited about them again. On the other hand, they're likely playing opposite Empire of the Sun (who closed the outdoor stage the last time they played), and I *hate* them. So it really all comes down to who's in the Sahara.
    I keep hearing how awesome Empire of the Sun is (mostly on reddit), so I borrowed a CD from the library and watched some videos on YouTube. I don't get it. I guess they are quirky, but I don't understand the following they have haha. So sounds like we are in a similar boat for Sat headliners.

I'm thinking Skrillex will close the main stage, following Muse (akin to what happened in 2010 with Tiesto following Muse). I'm predicting that Headhunterz closes the Sahara; hardstyle seems like a good way to finish the night.
    If Skrillex is closing the mainstage and Headhunterz is closing the Sahara, I may be back in the campgrounds drinking by midnight.

So what are everyones top/"must see" acts this year anyway? I'm guessing not Muse...

Quote Originally Posted by lucy42 View Post
    So what are everyones top/"must see" acts this year anyway? I'm guessing not Muse...
    Gareth Emery
    Wye Oak
    Broken Bells

Mogwai
    Galantis
    Kid Cudi

Bombino
    John Newman

Gareth Emery
    Wye Oak
    Broken Bells

Mogwai
    Galantis
    Kid Cudi

Bombino
    John Newman
    Caravan Palace would be on there, but I'm seeing them tonight.

Caravan Palace would be on there, but I'm seeing them tonight.
    Oh I think they played up the street from me last night, maybe the day before. Saw their name on the marquee. I like your list, interesting choices!

Oh I think they played up the street from me last night, maybe the day before. Saw their name on the marquee. I like your list, interesting choices!
    So who's on your list?

I have to admit I only knew two of the ones on mine before I started researching this year's bands. But that's part of the joy of the festival, for me.

So who's on your list?

I have to admit I only knew two of the ones on mine before I started researching this year's bands. But that's part of the joy of the festival, for me.
    Yeah I agree- I tend to find some good stuff when researching the lineup. My top lists also change somewhat, depending on who I've been blasting on my headphones at work that day. I'm still trying to cram in some of the bands I don't know. I just ran out of time this year I guess.

Friday: The Knife, The Glitch Mob, Kate Nash, Chromeo.

Saturday: Tiga, Warpaint, Fatboy Slim, Blood Orange.

Sunday: Beck, Classixx, Arcade Fire, Duck Sauce.

To me it doesn't make sense why they would have 3 electronic acts to close the same night (Skrillex, Headhunterz, & Empire of the Sun)

Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by brukftw View Post
    Leave.
    ...and who the fuck are you? Everyone has their own tastes; no need to be an asshole about it. Electronic acts typically increase in tempo/intensity throughout the day. I've never been to a hardstyle show before, but I'm interested in seeing what the genre is about and expanding my musical palate.

So who's on your list?

Was Mogwai on your pre-research list? I didn't know who they were, but my boyfriend really liked them so he took me to a show maybe 5 years ago- it was kind of boring. Probably because they aren't my style. Hopefully you have a better experience

I need to go through my spreadsheet again when I get home, but recalling from memory my tops are (in no particular order):

Friday: Broken Bells, Glitch Mob, Grouplove, Caravan Palace, Dixon, Waxahatchee, Kate Nash, Flume, The Knife

Saturday: Washed Out, Carbon Airways, Headhunterz, Tiga, CHVRCHES

Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, NMH, Krewella, Trombone Shorty, Preservation Hall Jazz Band

I'd never checked out Headhunterz til you mentioned them today- looks like it will be a crazy show!

I need to go through my spreadsheet again when I get home, but recalling from memory my tops are (in no particular order):

Friday: Broken Bells, Glitch Mob, Grouplove, Caravan Palace, Dixon, Waxahatchee, Kate Nash, Flume, The Knife

Saturday: Washed Out, Carbon Airways, Headhunterz, Tiga, CHVRCHES

Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, NMH, Krewella, Trombone Shorty, Preservation Hall Jazz Band
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the New Orleans jazz on Sunday! I have been watching Treme recently, and that has gotten me in the mood to go see Trombone Shorty and Preservation Hall Jazz Band too.

Was Mogwai on your pre-research list? I didn't know who they were, but my boyfriend really liked them so he took me to a show maybe 5 years ago- it was kind of boring. Probably because they aren't my style. Hopefully you have a better experience
    Yes, they were. I was a huge fan of their album Happy Songs for Happy People. They exist in a similar musical space in my mind to M83, Trentemoeller, and Matmos, all of whom I've seen and enjoyed (Trentemoeller's set at Coachella in 2011 is probably my favorite show, ever); Explosions in the Sky is in a similar musical space, and I've been kicking myself for missing them ever since I got the bootleg of their set at Coachella.

So .... yeah, I'm really looking forward to it.

Preservation Hall Jazz Band
    They're on my list. I'm expecting them to be early on Sunday, something I've historically had a problem with. You wanting to go *greatly* increases my likelihood of getting into the venue early enough to see them.

Yes, they were. I was a huge fan of their album Happy Songs for Happy People. They exist in a similar musical space in my mind to M83, Trentemoeller, and Matmos, all of whom I've seen and enjoyed (Trentemoeller's set at Coachella in 2011 is probably my favorite show, ever); Explosions in the Sky is in a similar musical space, and I've been kicking myself for missing them ever since I got the bootleg of their set at Coachella.

So .... yeah, I'm really looking forward to it.
    Ha, I didn't like matmos either, I think that means it is a genre that I'm not into.

I'd never checked out Headhunterz til you mentioned them today- looks like it will be a crazy show!
    I like to find shows that will have a lot of energy; that are good to dance to! Also acts that remind me of summer. That's the Coachella experience that I want to have!

I have a spreadsheet that I make where I rank all of the artists by how likely I am to want to see them based on that criteria, as well as a short note about them. I like to pick the acts based on how I'm feeling at the time; a scheduled approach is too rigid for my liking.

Trentemoeller's set at Coachella in 2011 is probably my favorite show, ever
    So sad that I missed them in 2011. Also sad that I had tickets for their Chicago show and couldn't go

They're on my list. I'm expecting them to be early on Sunday, something I've historically had a problem with. You wanting to go *greatly* increases my likelihood of getting into the venue early enough to see them.
    Indeed, Janine and I will very likely be going to see them!

I like to find shows that will have a lot of energy; that are good to dance to! Also acts that remind me of summer. That's the Coachella experience that I want to have!

I have a spreadsheet that I make where I rank all of the artists by how likely I am to want to see them based on that criteria, as well as a short note about them. I like to pick the acts based on how I'm feeling at the time; a scheduled approach is too rigid for my liking.
    I think I am going to play my Saturday by ear- there are some acts I really want to see, but overall I am going to wander around and see what catches my interest. I started a list and taking notes when the lineup came out, but work got in the way this year and I didn't really update it as much as I'd hoped. I guess I still have another week haha.

My favorite set last year was Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. I was right in the middle of that giant rotating ska pit when it started moving... some of the most fun that I've ever had at Coachella!

My favorite set last year was Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. I was right in the middle of that giant rotating ska pit when it started moving... some of the most fun that I've ever had at Coachella!
    One of my favorite sets at Coachella was 'Trampled by Turtles', with a massive rocking pit at 1pm on the mainstage.

Caravan Palace will deliver. That was awesome.

Caravan Palace will deliver. That was awesome.
    Good to know!

Now to God!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Who has car camping passes? I'm interested in how much chill space there will be? Last year we didn't have enough