Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1615

Thread: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Default Re: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Quote Originally Posted by manolo View Post
    Yoooo, just traded weekends. I'm in for weekend 1 for sure now
    F-yeah, are u gonna bring your girl and those pee cones that you so highly recommended? Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by grifter View Post
    F-yeah, are u gonna bring your girl and those pee cones that you so highly recommended? Haha!
    I was thinking about, I wonder if they can be used for more than pee? I hate sitting in the port a potties too.

In for weekend 2. Bam!

If there is anyone interested in crashing on my lot, holla. lol i have the pass and a vehicle, so i just need you and your shit. i will have 2 tents with me, 1 6-person and 1 2-person. i would like to share the camping cost.

*Weekend 2*
    Last edited by mitchmitcherson; 03-31-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Lurker

mitch let me know im down to split everything im weekend 2 tho :/
    Last edited by FB3PLAYHOUSE; 03-28-2013 at 12:37 PM.

I declare Rob the new leader. He must make all executive decisions including new memberships, and making cheesewhiz or peanut butter shit bombs. But, he must drink and pass out all day, seeing only two to three acts the entire weekend. Who seconds this?

I declare Rob the new leader. He must make all executive decisions including new memberships, and making cheesewhiz or peanut butter shit bombs. But, he must drink and pass out all day, seeing only two to three acts the entire weekend. Who seconds this?
    Oh man fuck that shit. Responsibility + no fun from actually seeing the acts? Who wants that?

Rob, King of the North!

Game of Thrones Sunday! Yeah man.

king of the north!

I second only if Rob agrees to also repeat the same three stories all weekend and tell them with the same enthusiasm as he did when he told us all the first time!

I second only if Rob agrees to also repeat the same three stories all weekend and tell them with the same enthusiasm as he did when he told us all the first time!

HAHAHAHAHA! You win the game! But for real, I still got love for him and he won't be named.

HAHAHAHAHA! You win the game! But for real, I still got love for him and he won't be named.
    so there was this time i fell out of a rowboat, see ...

anyhow, yeah, i'll miss him too. i wish he'd come back some year.

Alright procrastinators, we're down to the last fortnight, and it's time to break out the brass tacks collection.

So, two questions:

(a) am i right in my estimate of car camping pass quantity?

(b) how many people without car camping passes can we handle?

(c) what time do we want to get to Ralph's?

Based on responses, we've got the following returning regulars for weekend 1, all of whom (I believe) have car camping passes:

jgafs
    manolo
    grifter
    joy
    ride a tire!
    ibuprofane
    felonyfruitflinger (maybe)
    billtino + crew

anger_is_a_gift seems to be unclear; he said he was gonna try to get a ticket but then there was no word.

we also have one returning regular without car camping pass:

aphrael (has a tent space)

not to mention the following newbies without car camping pass asking to join up:

fuzzywarbles
    allansteiner

and four canadian girls represented by kat719 who may or may not be going weekend 1.

----------------------

(a) So that looks like 7-8 car camping spaces (we don't know if felonyfruitflinger is coming) plus between 3-7 people who have no car camping space and want to join in. My tent is tiny, as is ride_a_tire!'s, but remembering that we want an open space for hanging out in, can we all fit?

(b) My sense is that we can pick up 2-3 extra tents if people are willing to sleep in the space between cars (which I can certainly do), but beyond that it's gonna be tight.

(c) Lot 8 is gone this year. So if we want to be really close, that means we need to get to Ralph's earlier; but being really close might be a disadvantage in terms of the site's vulnerability to crowds. I'm sorta in the not-so-close is better camp.

I can be at Ralph's arbitrarily early. I'm still not sure how i'm getting to Indio - but I fly in Wednesday and get into LAX around dinnertime, so I'm pretty sure that any time can be made to work. That said, since I think not-so-close is better, I'm still gonna vote for noon or 1 rather than anything earlier.

do you have room for one more 25f weekend 1?!
    horrible procrastinator: don't have a camping pass but have a tent I can bring or can just sleep in a space between cars.
    More than willing to help with the cost of a camping spot or buy a round of beer for the group
    Last edited by xhogwartsdropout; 04-01-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    Alright procrastinators, we're down to the last fortnight, and it's time to break out the brass tacks collection.

So, two questions:

(a) am i right in my estimate of car camping pass quantity?

(b) how many people without car camping passes can we handle?

(c) what time do we want to get to Ralph's?
    This looks like 3 questions, but moving on... every time we say a meeting time, we should factor in the hour and a half it will take for people to stock up at Ralphs before we eventually get in line. Im down for as early as possible but no latter than 11am for sure.

This looks like 3 questions, but moving on... every time we say a meeting time, we should factor in the hour and a half it will take for people to stock up at Ralphs before we eventually get in line. Im down for as early as possible but no latter than 11am for sure.
    AH, right, that's a good point.

Hey! We're actually 6 Canadian girls and we're weekend 2 - We'll fit in two tents :P We might potentially have a spot (with ChanseCampbell) but he hasn't been online in a couple of days. Let me know, we're still on the lookout We got tons of supplies if necessary.

I think around 10:30/11 would be a good time, that way we can roll out around noon.

allansteiner

allansteiner reports that he's found a different sleeping option, but will drop by and say hi if he can find us.

allansteiner reports that he's found a different sleeping option, but will drop by and say hi if he can find us.
    I can confirm this.

Change me from maybe to 95% sure I'll be there. For Ralph's meeting time, I vote 10:30 ish. We really want Lot 8, and I'm sure we kill the "too close" risk with a 2-3 hour cushion.

I also say early-ish meet up time at Ralph's. Joy and I will be carpooling, so only one camping pass between us. We need more space, if we're going to take in orphans.

> We need more space, if we're going to take in orphans.

I think we're down to one weekend one orphan, who isn't talking.

> Joy and I will be carpooling, so only one camping pass between us

Hahaha that makes me feel better about not having a pass myself.

Lurker

Hey guys,

Driving down from SF Weds night for weekend 1. Planning on getting into line around like 3-4 am. Who else has a car camping spot that wants to make a mega campsite? We've got tons of goodies like propane grills, shade tents, dry ice, 1000 glow sticks, about 60 ft of El-wire and a 3 ft tall inflatable Batman wrapped in LED to find our tent. We made a megasite last year and it was so much fun, so just looking to camp with some equally cool people this year. 420 and everything else friendly. Either PM me or email (rabelman1013@gmail.com) if you are down.
    Last edited by rabelman1013; 04-03-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to put weekend 1

Quote Originally Posted by mitchmitcherson View Post
    If there is anyone interested in crashing on my lot, holla. lol i have the pass and a vehicle, so i just need you and your shit. i will have 2 tents with me, 1 6-person and 1 2-person. i would like to share the camping cost.

*Weekend 2*
    Hey my friend (f/21) and myself (m/18) are in desperate need of a ride (we're in riverside, on the way to indio from LA or OC) and a spot to camp. We have a tent. Any chance we can crash?

Is this for weekend 1?

I've procrastinated long enough; how do I get in on this?

Quote Originally Posted by dlmdlm View Post
    I've procrastinated long enough; how do I get in on this?
    If you're coming WKND1, and you've got a car camping pass, then join in. It looks like we're meeting @Ralph's around 10.30 on Thursday, and we'll caravan in together. Saturday morning i'll send out a call for cell #s so we can all contact each other the morning of.

If you're coming WKND1, and you've *not* got a car camping pass, I think we've determined we have no space for non-car-camping-pass-holding stragglers. :{

If you're coming WKND2 ... there are a bunch of people in this thread who seem to be interested in meeting up for WKND2, but nobody is organizing. (I'm not; most of the organization work would need to be done *during WKND1*, and i'll have no internet). My recommendation would be for some weekend 2 person to volunteer and take charge of organizing a group for WKND2.

Quote Originally Posted by rabelman1013 View Post
    Hey guys,

Driving down from SF Weds night for weekend 1. Planning on getting into line around like 3-4 am. Who else has a car camping spot that wants to make a mega campsite? We've got tons of goodies like propane grills, shade tents, dry ice, 1000 glow sticks, about 60 ft of El-wire and a 3 ft tall inflatable Batman wrapped in LED to find our tent. We made a megasite last year and it was so much fun, so just looking to camp with some equally cool people this year. 420 and everything else friendly. Either PM me or email (rabelman1013@gmail.com) if you are down.
    Hi rabelman, I saw you on reddit, too.

A large campsite would be awesome, but I really doubt we're all gonna be moving early enough to get there by 3-4 am. We'll definitely look for your batman, though.

I have extra space for someone who doesn't have where to camp and I also have an extra GA ticket for weekend 2. we definitely need an organizer for weekend 2.