Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1615

Thread: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Default Re: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    Yah, that would be a good thing to wait for. Where in California might you be moving?
    Orange County. The company is in Tustin, but I'm looking at living in the Huntington Beach area.

The rumor is that if you have not paid up in full for your advance sale tickets, Frontgate is gonna bump you to free up more tickets for the general sale.

If you check your shit now, it would still be procrastinating, so you should be good.
    Last edited by grifter; 01-18-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by grifter View Post
    The rumor is that if you have not paid up in full for your advance sale tickets, Frontgate is gonna bump you to free up more tickets for the general sale.

If you check your shit now, it would still be procrastinating, so you should be good.
    Went to double check my order and realized January was the last payment! Whoo! My tickets are totally paid for! They should start sending them now. Avoid the clusterf*ck that always comes with the ticket mailings. Lol.

Well the line up is out! The headliners are meh.... Blur and Phoenix are cool, but headling???? RHCP are cool, but almost cliche as a headliner.
    The subheadliners and the remainder of the line-up is amazing though. Coachella always comes through there.

Well the line up is out! The headliners are meh.... Blur and Phoenix are cool, but headling???? RHCP are cool, but almost cliche as a headliner.
    The subheadliners and the remainder of the line-up is amazing though. Coachella always comes through there.
    I'm really happy with the electronic lineup. Plus ... Jurassic 5 reunion!!!

Agreed. Not sold on the headliners, but a bunch of other bands are going to make this an amazing year.

Coming from West Texas (915)
    Weekend 2
    Car Camping
    Looking for safety meeting supplies and rad people to have a sweet camping space with.

I'm really happy with the electronic lineup. Plus ... Jurassic 5 reunion!!!
    Loving the EDM. Prydz hopefully will close Sunday night.

See you all Weekend 1.

Unwittingly made a separate thread for this, but figured it can go here as well.

I need somebody to share a non-vehicle camp site! I'm clean, fairly normal, down to party, and most of all, psyched for the fest! This will be my first Coachella, so if you want someone who is going to live the experience to the fullest, I'm your man! I can absolutely help with the cost of the spot and will totally buy you a couple beers. You can PM or reply here, and by the by, this is for weekend 2. Also, if you are coming from central Texas, can I catch a ride with you? More beers will ensue!

Thanks!

- Venny

I bought an extra ticket for my wife for weekend 1 and now she is saying that she doesnt think she wants to come. [Something about being pregnant or whatever]. Anyways...I got an extra weekend 1 ticket for any group member, list price of course for a fellow Procrastinator.

I bought an extra ticket for my wife for weekend 1 and now she is saying that she doesnt think she wants to come. [Something about being pregnant or whatever]. Anyways...I got an extra weekend 1 ticket for any group member, list price of course for a fellow Procrastinator.
    Your wife's pregnant? Congratulations!

Your wife's pregnant? Congratulations!
    Its a bummer she cannot come, because I really wanted her to, but to be for real, she could likely never get over the bathroom situations. She would be miserable.

Thanks though!
    Last edited by grifter; 01-26-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: syntax

Its a bummer she cannot come, because I really wanted her to, but to be for real, she could likely never get over the bathroom situations. She would be miserable.

Thanks though!
    In some ways I wish that my husband could come. But I know he'd be miserable - and him being miserable would make me miserable. So better not ... even though I wish it could work.

I think everyone in this group knows that we'll have a good time on our own. Our loved ones will be waiting when the magic is over.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

Hey I know of somebody trying to buy in the regular sale but if he can't get one I would be interested. Where are you located?
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Hey Eric. This is Martin. I'm gonna try to get tickets through the on sale tomorrow. If I can't get them tomorrow I will definitely take that pass off your hands.

So now that WKND1 is sold out, who all managed to get tickets?

bump

Looks like my cousin swears he will come with me, but he is about as reliable as Lindsay Lohan showing up for a court appearance, so....in for weekend 1
    Last edited by grifter; 01-30-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling

it's getting towards planning time, so here's a poke + a bump: who's in this year?

Seriously. I spent all my work shift today finally ironing out camping details. Now all I need is to figure out which weekend my friend and I are going to... ha!

tickets look like they were hard to come by. might be a smaller group this year. but lm in for another year!

Yooooo, congrats Eric. You should just buy the wife those paper cones that allow women to urinate standing. I bought tickets for weekend 2, but made a deal with someone to trade for weekend 1. I will bringing my lady friend, and will be forcing her to endure the heat and bathrooms. Is our glorious leader returning this year?
    Last edited by manolo; 03-07-2013 at 11:03 PM.

umm so i am definitely a procrastinator... im most likely coming out solo from MD so id like to join this here group. also if i can get a ticket for wk 1, (alrdy have wk2 ) would anyone have room for me and my small tent, i have a 6person tent i will have as well if that's better suited, i know no one can say no to slumber parties

P.S. i have car campspot to contribute for wk2

Quote Originally Posted by manolo View Post
    Yooooo, congrats Eric. You should just buy the wife those paper cones that allow women to urinate standing. I bought tickets for weekend 2, but made a deal with someone to trade for weekend 1. I will bringing my lady friend, and will be forcing her to endure the heat and bathrooms. Is our glorious leader returning this year?
    oh yeah, was'nt that in the Campsite Innovations Thread?...
    Magic Cone 5.jpg

I'm in for weekend one, sans lady friends.

Hi!

I got my ticket - better now than ever, now its looooooong overdue that I come all the way from Europe to the USA I have no camping spot (pass - its all about passes here I see...) but there must be chance to camp with a 1-person-tent!?!

Am I in the right place to find the best possible solution??= land on another continent (1st time NA), alone and mix up with random ppl from the States, around the Globe, in the desert, 3 days constant party, Rodriguez on stage....?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by hailtothetheif83 View Post
    Same here I'm trying to get in touch with the thread starter but no luck...

My name is Aaryn
    I'll be there Thursday probably before 5
    I'M from Temecula which is about an hour away from Coachella
    I'll be there Thurs night through Monday morning
    I'm not sure what I can contribute other than I have been to every coachella since 2000 so maybe some advice

Im from Temecula too and also have no camping pass...Yea we jst need a teleport to temec right to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeykid53 View Post
    Im from Temecula too and also have no camping pass...Yea we jst need a teleport to temec right to the show.
    Jonny - we might be able to accomodate a tent without a car; i think it depends on how many spaces we end up with. Given that we're all procrastinators, we won't know for a couple of weeks.

HockeyKid53 - *laugh* the comment you're responding to is from 2008!

Mitch - AFAIK most of us are going weekend 1, not weekend 2. I might be wrong, though.

So my sense is, we have [WKND1]:

* jgafs
    * manolo
    * grifter + cousin
    * joy (but not paying attention yet)
    * ride a tire! (maybe?)
    * ibuprofane (maybe?)

[WKND2]:

* ApacheRunner
    * Saumuraifez
    * MitchMitcherson

I've spoken with both Aaryn and Ed; neither of them made it. Ed is taking his girlfriend to a festival in Napa.

Jonny - we might be able to accomodate a tent without a car; i think it depends on how many spaces we end up with. Given that we're all procrastinators, we won't know for a couple of weeks.

HockeyKid53 - *laugh* the comment you're responding to is from 2008!

Mitch - AFAIK most of us are going weekend 1, not weekend 2. I might be wrong, though.

So my sense is, we have [WKND1]:

* jgafs
    * manolo
    * grifter + cousin
    * joy (but not paying attention yet)
    * ride a tire! (maybe?)
    * ibuprofane (maybe?)

[WKND2]:

* ApacheRunner
    * Saumuraifez
    * MitchMitcherson

I've spoken with both Aaryn and Ed; neither of them made it. Ed is taking his girlfriend to a festival in Napa.
    I'm still working out the details on my transition to the area, but I'm 99% confident that I'll be there. Joy also indicated that her sister was going to buy my extra ticket, so that might be one more.