Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Default Re: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Can't wait!!!

The thing that I don't understand about that diagram is what will provide the structural rigidity to keep it from just flying away when the wind comes up.

duct tape is the answer to 99.9% of the questions in the world

yes, but i don't think duct tape will provide rigidity, unless you use *a lot*.

shweeet I just got my hands on a 13x10 canopy with screens on the sides.

welcome our newest soldiers, Veggie Burger (+1) from Las Vegas

Lurker

Hi! I'm Veggie Burger's "+1". Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Dianna. Veggie Burger and I are Coachella virgins, so we're uber excited to participate in the festivities and hope to go to many many more!

Hi veggieburger I am cswilson97 also known as chris and stacey my wife and I are also coachella virgins and are extremly excited. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hi veggieburger I am cswilson97 also known as chris and stacey my wife and I are also coachella virgins and are extremly excited. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

So a lot of you guys may have been contacted finally by the "Un-official Camp All Alone Group" mediator..... finally.... like I was recently. I am trying to merge their group with ours, but they seem to be not on the ball at all, so stay strong with the procrastinators!!!!!....besides their group are weenies compared to ours!!

dah! My name is John Kimball!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
    Last edited by slapuinpublic; 04-02-2009 at 10:33 PM.

if our two camping groups combined, camping would be a fucking ball!!!

GO MEDIATORS!
    I'm not a barricuda, even though I flash the teeth...

Lurker

bahaha kindergarden cop rap.
    this is going to be a good weekend.

yea.. I'm the creator of Un-official Camp Alone. I just wanna clear up some stuff. Basically, I haven't been online in the past few days because I havn't been on campus due to my cousin recently being shot and ending up in intensive care (not that its really anybodys business...) Im glad to see my former members got into another group (which was the point of me making the Un-Official one), and as far as merging, I've already replied to slapuinpublics email saying I was interested. And I'm still waiting to hear back from Yogangsta about merging with the OverFlow group.

So, if we're merging let me know.

yesh, yesh!!! the more the merrier....nightmare and I are getting together on the details now....anybody with ideas for a cool merged group name?

Quote Originally Posted by slapuinpublic View Post
    Here's the official word from the Coachella website so as long as I get there first and everybody calls me to find out where we are at, ahould work out beautifully:
    Just a note...I did an alternate camping group last year, and figured I could follow these rules. We wound up with 70+people. Arrived shortly after the campground opened, and the camp crew didn't know what to do. Apparently, the "Camp All Alone" group had pre-arranged somehow, and their section was all layed out in the back corner. But they didn't know how to handle another large group.

Eventually, they took care of us...actually they were awesome, and the delay wasn't very long. It helped that I had a printout of everyone on the list and some other organizational stuff, so they took me a lot more seriously. But if you can somehow contact someone in advance, it will be a lot easier on you.

We didn't pre-arrange. I think we just arrived a little earlier than you had and had already attempted to explain to half a dozen people what we were doing and why we needed so many spaces. Having a list of the names of people camping with us helped, not that they would take responsibility for directing people to your camp, but made it easier to justify having ~80 spaces.

We are planning on PM'ing psychic friend with our camp details even though she doesn't work as a camp counselor or have any obligation to pass the word along...

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    \ Having a list of the names of people camping with us helped, not that they would take responsibility for directing people to your camp, but made it easier to justify having ~80 spaces.
    Having a list certainly seems like it ought be helpful.

Cool Re: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Finally a kinder gentler camping group thread that is NOT a gazillion pages long
    Well, me & my babies (2) mama are coming from Vegas too, but will be dropping off the kids @ the grandparents' house in Cerritos Thursday night before heading out to Indio. I'm pretty sure we will roll into the camp grounds around Mid-nite to 1am. Most of you will probably already be partying pretty hard while I am lugging her royal highness's matched luggage into the commune. Any chance we can join your little soiree?
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

ideally they'll let us take up a big area, but it may be better if we have a few smaller groups (groups around 40) of campers and our campsites can merge once we get in,,,,

telling them we need like 100 campsites upon entry may be difficult??

it'll all work out one way or another,, looking forward to partying with all of ya

Billtino, ur on the list...I'll PM you my #...I will be at the filter party at 1am probably but, you can still call and I can guide you to the site.

Thanks for the tips guys/gals! I'll try to get in contact with psychic friend as well

We definitely are merging groups...Nightmare will be the other contact...If for some reason my mailbox is full just PM him. The Flying Solo Group let me know that all the groups generally end up camping together anyway, that should make for some fun!

We could stick with the Procrastinators name or....come up with a new one...?? Since this is a democracy, the people should decide. It only matters to me for signs, etc.

We could stick with the Procrastinators name or....come up with a new one...?? Since this is a democracy, the people should decide. It only matters to me for signs, etc.
    procrastinators is a pretty good name, signs with it would work

Did you already get the invite for the Filter party? I signed up for the newsletter a couple of months ago and I haven't gotten anything yet

My buddy is actually taking care of it for me this year, but my understanding is that the invite is only sent out a week before the party

Hey again every1, So I'm trying to get everybodys info all together and hopefully post some suggestions by sunday night. I already have a info from a few of you from the other group (unofficial camp alone) The most important thing seems to be Getting To and From coachella. How many people are flying and to which airport? LAX and PSP seem to be the most popular. What time is every1 arriving at the airport?

Also, a lot of us might have to get supplies from a store b4 getting to the campground, including food. How many people are over 21 and drink, and does anybody know about the bars in the area? Is anybody looking to share a tent with another member, or go to see the same artist with some1 else. And when we get to the actual campground and all get together are we all partying together after the headliners?

Lastly, The most important thing is that we have a full confirmed list of the members.

Slapuinpublic is the dude in charge, im just helping him out. feel free to PM me, ill try to trade contact info with Every1 by this coming monday.

So whats everybody think?

We are definately down we are driving in from bakersfield on thursday and should arrive around 1-2pm we could stop by the store on the way in for some supplies. Just let me know so we can have a plan.

Lurker

We will be coming in on Thursday evening from Las Vegas and are bringing a couple of handles with us, most likely Vodka because that is all we drink. We'll also be packing food and water. As far as tents go my roomate and I will be sharing but we do have an extra tent if anyone is flying in and needs some shelter. Can't wait to meet everyone and party!

^ awesome^

My buddy is actually taking care of it for me this year, but my understanding is that the invite is only sent out a week before the party

Cool good to hear

I should be there on Thursday no later than 3 in the afternoon. I'll be bringing an ice chest with frozen waters and some other drinks, Last year brought snacks like chips and beef jerky stuff like that. I'll have a canopy as well and am bringing in "herbal refreshments" to share.

We should make a list of stuff we need and people that are stopping before can sign up for stuff they are bringing

Talking Re: The Official Procrastinator's Camping Group Thread

Ed your gay maybe you should start the gay camp with daily trips to Uranus... that is all

God Damnit Derek