Thread: Getting a prime camping spot next to front gates. Strategy, or luck?

Default Getting a prime camping spot next to front gates. Strategy, or luck?

Last year I was a bit disappointed to hear that some people that arrived very early on Thursday to get into the campground were still directed to a remote part that was far away from the front gates.

How do they stack the cars? Is there any order to it? Has anybody had some luck with getting a good spot near the front gates?

Also....we had 4 spots all planned out to be set up in a 2 x 2 square, but they forced us to line up, as in 4 in a row. Did anybody else have luck convincing the parking people to allow them to set up in more of a square?
    Last edited by dj12inches; 07-24-2014 at 04:22 PM.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

Default Re: Getting a prime camping spot next to front gates. Strategy, or luck?

STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE

Default Re: Getting a prime camping spot next to front gates. Strategy, or luck?

You won't be able to do 2x2 squares for the first row near the gates. Those rows are only one line. No neighbors behind you or in front of you.
    Lucidity, come back to me. Put all five senses back to where they're meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE
    Yeah, pretty much. I think it was pure luck for me this year; first time going to Coachella, we left LA a bit later than we planned to (probably around 5:45am?) and I was worried we wouldn't have a chance. We got there around 8/8:30 and were directed towards the right after security cleared us... and got into the very second row of Lot 8! Couldn't believe it, the gates were right there. I don't know if I'll ever be that lucky again haha.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE
    Thanks...that's interesting.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.