Thread: Coachella vs. Finals

Default Coachella vs. Finals

Is anyone else trying to juggle these two? I have a final on 4/16 at 5pm and one on 4/20

Since I am doing on site camping for the first time, I want to be in Indio BY 5pm on Thursday. What I really want to do is take both finals early, before Thursday. That way I dont have a damn thing to worry about the whole weekend beside conflicts.

It going to rough, cramming it all in. But well worth it I believe.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Coachella vs. Finals

good luck

this is one of the only reasons i like being a grown up, no tests

My finals start on the 21st, so as long as I don't miss my flight I should be good. Not going to be the most studied though.
    I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
    Though there's not many days that I do
    Gotta get up and take on that world
    When your an adult it's no cliche it's the truth

you don't have to get to onsite camping that early, we show up at 10ish and are fine

i showed up at the campsite last year at 2am. it was great. seeing the spotlights as we were driving in couldn't have got me any more pumped. no need to get there at 5 really

take your finals early, that's what i'm doing. you're not going to end up studying for them. way too much excitement to care about school, even in the days after.

i have done this for the past 3 years... they were grad school finals tho so most of the time it was just a presentation or a project that i could get done before i left. when i did have a final the plane ride from nc to ca was very helpful

i would suggest trying to come up with a better story for taking ur finals early than 'i'm going to a concert'. don't make it anything sad like a grandma dying. hmm maybe something like i am going to africa to study chimpanzees for the summer and i gotta leave the 16th!
    i can go with the flow.

As a professor, i'd advise against bullshitting. We can usually see through bullshit excuses right away. We'll pretend like we believe you, and let you re-sched, but we secretly hate you for being a liar and grade you more harshly.

If you need to move a final due to Coachella... man up and tell them the truth. The earlier the better! We tend to be MUCH more understanding for someone who comes a few weeks ahead of time than someone who e-mails 3hrs before the test.

Also, if the prof ends up being a dick and saying no, they might have good reason. *ESPECIALLY* for someone asking to take the test early rather than late, they have to make a whole new exam just for you (else one person could take it early, then tell the rest of the class exactly what's on the test).

I told a professor that it was a concert, but it was the professor of "Music as a Performance". I can't really help with your problem, as I'm naturally brilliant and never studied for finals when I had to take them.

Family Reunion, works every time, just happens that Coachella is my distant Family, haha

And its true too.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Since I am doing on site camping for the first time
    Did I read correctly you are camping onsite ???

...yes you should take the finals early Brandon, you will be glad you did when Monday rolls around.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Quote Originally Posted by AbundantChoice View Post
    As a professor, i'd advise against bullshitting. We can usually see through bullshit excuses right away. We'll pretend like we believe you, and let you re-sched, but we secretly hate you for being a liar and grade you more harshly.

If you need to move a final due to Coachella... man up and tell them the truth. The earlier the better! We tend to be MUCH more understanding for someone who comes a few weeks ahead of time than someone who e-mails 3hrs before the test.

Also, if the prof ends up being a dick and saying no, they might have good reason. *ESPECIALLY* for someone asking to take the test early rather than late, they have to make a whole new exam just for you (else one person could take it early, then tell the rest of the class exactly what's on the test).
    Question. What should i tell my head of program that i'm leaving Australia and going to America for two weeks, missing compulsory practical classes? i cant think of any believable excuse... i believe our head of program is either Canadian or American.... tips?

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Is anyone else trying to juggle these two? I have a final on 4/16 at 5pm and one on 4/20

Since I am doing on site camping for the first time, I want to be in Indio BY 5pm on Thursday. What I really want to do is take both finals early, before Thursday. That way I dont have a damn thing to worry about the whole weekend beside conflicts.

It going to rough, cramming it all in. But well worth it I believe.
    ahhh how wonderful to not be in college any more.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by pash_87 View Post
    Question. What should i tell my head of program that i'm leaving Australia and going to America for two weeks, missing compulsory practical classes? i cant think of any believable excuse... i believe our head of program is either Canadian or American.... tips?
    destination family reunion?