Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Morrissey banned meat from a concert venue...

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Default Re: Morrissey banned meat from a concert venue...

Quote Originally Posted by jonprc View Post
    we kinda do have teeth like a cow.

1-human
    2-cow
    3-cat
    4-dog
    5-horse

always hated that argument.
    Okay, but we have four canine teeth. These are meant for eating meat. We are omnivores. Cows are not.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Someone needs to BBQ Morrissey.

This universe revolves around the sun, not Morrissey.

Quote Originally Posted by gooftroop View Post
    Morrissey is ridiculous, but I do like that someone is trying to make waves. People should not eat meat if they care about the future of our environment and living conditions. I am a vegetarian whenever possible which I have come to realize is every day of your life. You simply don't need meat in your daily diet, supplements (including veggie meats) are more than sufficient and often even better for you. Desire is based upon you growing up with the taste for its nourishment. I am vegetarian because I do not want to this to continue any longer as humanity's dependance on meat is a dangerous addiction. We harvest and feed billions of animals per year and great detriment to our surroundings AND often our health. The factory farming industry produces more greenhouses gases than all WORLD transportation COMBINED.

Believe me I know it tastes good, I still cheat a few times a year, but I do believe in a meatless diet. And as much as I love animals their terrible treatment is just a small part of the problem. It's not like were hunter-gatherers anymore in which we reach a symbiotic relationship with the species we eat. We literally farm these animals and it is a disgusting waste of resources and producer of pollution.

I urge people to give it consideration if not for yourselves then for any new generations that you bring into this world. It is but one step among many in the next evolution of humanity, whether you hop on board or not is completely up to you.

Morrissey and Greenman would be proud. peace and love
    Do you realize half the things you wrote came out of PETA's collective ass?

What exactly is your point about the factory farming industry? As an eater of food, I should stop eating bacon because of the way pigs are raised commercially? Does that mean I should also stop eating wheat products because of the millions of small animals that are slaughtered by harvesters? At least when pigs are slaughtered I do the justice of eating them. When's the last time you ate a mole run over by tractor?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/972951/posts

Or were you saying there should be more cars on the road and more planes in the air? And does your "COMBINED" number include bicycles and power-walking? What kind of loaded bullshit statistic is that?

How is the meat industry a "disgusting waste of resources" if those resources are being used to feed me my t-bone steak?

Your diet is not an ethical matter. If you want to stop pollution, there are less stupid ways to try than depriving other humans of food that is natural and beneficial to their health.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Eating LESS meat is beneficial to your health.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post

Mmmm....Bacon....is there anything it CAN'T do?
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Do you realize half the things you wrote came out of PETA's collective ass?

What exactly is your point about the factory farming industry? As an eater of food, I should stop eating bacon because of the way pigs are raised commercially? Does that mean I should also stop eating wheat products because of the millions of small animals that are slaughtered by harvesters? At least when pigs are slaughtered I do the justice of eating them. When's the last time you ate a mole run over by tractor?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/972951/posts

Or were you saying there should be more cars on the road and more planes in the air? And does your "COMBINED" number include bicycles and power-walking? What kind of loaded bullshit statistic is that?

How is the meat industry a "disgusting waste of resources" if those resources are being used to feed me my t-bone steak?

Your diet is not an ethical matter. If you want to stop pollution, there are less stupid ways to try than depriving other humans of food that is natural and beneficial to their health.
    Look believe me I understand where you are coming from because I love meat and still eat it on occasion, especially seafood.

But this is a matter of beliefs based on FACTS, not things coming out of PETA's ass. I have done my own independent research to gain understanding about what the costs and benefits are of raising billions of cattle and all other animals. It is fact that meat products take more resources to make, maintain, and distribute. It is a fact that we as evolved beings have created both more humane and efficient ways to maintain our species. It is a fact that efficiency is crucial to the future of mankind, just look at the amount of people starving in this world. I am not saying meat is the end of the world, but it is just a part of what is wrong with the system. For instance the enviorment which we should do as many things as possible to help:

"Raising animals for their flesh, eggs, and milk is one of the world’s leading emitters of carbon dioxide (CO2). But global warming is caused by more than just CO2. Animal agriculture is the leading source of methane and nitrous oxide emissions, which—combined with carbon dioxide—causes the vast majority of global warming.

Methane: The billions of farmed animals crammed into factory farms produce enormous amounts of methane, both during digestion and from the acres of cesspools filled with feces that they excrete. Methane is more than 20 times as powerful as carbon dioxide at trapping heat in our atmosphere.5 Statistics from the Environmental Protection Agency show that animal agriculture is the number one source of methane emissions in the U.S.6

Nitrous Oxide: Nitrous oxide is about 300 times more potent as a global warming gas than carbon dioxide. According to the U.N., the meat, egg, and dairy industries account for a staggering 65 percent of worldwide nitrous oxide emissions."

H. Steinfeld et al., Livestock's Long Shadow: Environmental Issues and Options, Livestock, Environment and Development (2006).

I don't have a problem with those who eat meat I have a problem with the way the food system works in general. For instance mole killing, I hardly support that but do you know where so much of that wheat goes? To feed animals, at a rate of 15+ calories to 1. What if we just ate it all AND found a way to not kill animals? Change is possible, it is hard to escape but I do believe a food revolution is coming whether people like it or not. You have the power to choose not to eat meat from an industry that is so harmful to the environment, just as you would any other product. Because our system is unsustainable long term at the rate we are going, you can do your own research on that.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

You know, the whole cows farting thing is stupid...vegetarians say they don't want to kill animals, but they use the whole "animals fart a lot" argument to help persuade environmental folks. Well guess what? The less of 'em we kill, the more farts there will be. Are you gonna sterilize them so that they die off to produce less farters after one generation? Honestly...think this shit through first.

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    You know, the whole cows farting thing is stupid...vegetarians say they don't want to kill animals, but they use the whole "animals fart a lot" argument to help persuade environmental folks. Well guess what? The less of 'em we kill, the more farts there will be. Are you gonna sterilize them so that they die off to produce less farters after one generation? Honestly...think this shit through first.
    That's the thing I have, it finally clicked when I realized that if you don't breed so many cows then you don't have to kill them to keep them from farting. You think it through man, the facts are there you can say they are stupid but, for instance, the EPA has determined that animal agriculture is the number one source of methane emissions in the U.S. And methane is methane whether it comes from a cow's butt or not. You can belittle certain beliefs if you want but I am strong believer in facts.

We have turned farming into a huge industry as population has exploded across the world. But it is built upon old principles that when practiced en masse are unsustainable. These are my understandings, not saying I know everything but I have done my own independent thinking and come to these conclusions. I believe we should question and try and understand the way things work and how we can make them better. Again this is just one area of life that needs work and reform (ahem finance).

Look to Coachella for instance who is rather progressive for most music festivals on providing veggie alternatives and organic products when possible. They could do better of course, but they sure beat the hell out of Ultra.

This is not something worth arguing I am simply stating my beliefs in hopes that maybe even one person will stop and think about the cost of those tasty, tasty burgers...
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

I had In-N-Out today...a double-double...so I did my part to kill off more farting cow than the single-patty-eaters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kindablue View Post
    I say we freeze meatballs and chuck 'em! Or maybe some T-bone steaks, frozen, like boomerangs...
    youre pathetic

you're having trouble with apostrophes.

i dont like em

I like your quote...I'm actually encouraging a group of high school students to do a Crocodile Hunter style nature-doc on bros...I'll try to remember to let ya know if they pull it off...

I like your quote...I'm actually encouraging a group of high school students to do a Crocodile Hunter style nature-doc on bros...I'll try to remember to let ya know if they pull it off...
    whoa. thats cool. are you a teacher?
    i always wanted to get a bumper sticker on my car that says,
    "your lifted truck is pointless"

as pointless as a bumper sticker made to state that...

i think its far from pointless. i think it would be great if a bunch of cars had it. there are too many in california and its really aggrivating

"The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008

it was always my dream for weeks to have one of those create-your-own license plate frames read "who gives a fuck about your hemi?" after seeing a bunch of those "yeah, it's got a hemi" stickers.
    it's too bad i'm conscious of little children... and it was too long. i settled for the shorter, PG "your hemi is hella lame" which was, in its own right, hella lame.
    your ≠ you're

[boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

You can do that on Cafepress if you want...it's what I did for some anti-Prop 8 stickers I wanted to make. Just designed 'em and bought 'em at cost from my own shop.

WWMD?

Announcement: Our universe revolves around the sun, not Morrissey.

looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by gooftroop View Post
    But this is a matter of beliefs based on FACTS, not things coming out of PETA's ass. I have done my own independent research to gain understanding about what the costs and benefits are of raising billions of cattle and all other animals. It is fact that meat products take more resources to make, maintain, and distribute. It is a fact that we as evolved beings have created both more humane and efficient ways to maintain our species. It is a fact that efficiency is crucial to the future of mankind, just look at the amount of people starving in this world.
    You understand what a "fact" is, right? Costs are fact, benefits are fact but can be subjective. Amount of resources, fact. Humane? Not a fact. You obviously think factory farms are inhumane. I do not. That makes it opinion.

Starving people? Not in the United States. But in other countries, if they were to find that it is more efficient and the only way to feed everyone were to switch to a veggie diet, I guess that's better than some people getting their protein and some people dying. But that means the bulk of that country wouldn't have all the proper nutrients in their bodies, some of which they would only get from meat or dairy products. I understand that in the United States we have a ton of other ways to artificially consume protein, but I don't think it's "efficient" for the rest of the world to follow suit.

I don't have a problem with those who eat meat I have a problem with the way the food system works in general. For instance mole killing, I hardly support that but do you know where so much of that wheat goes? To feed animals, at a rate of 15+ calories to 1. What if we just ate it all AND found a way to not kill animals?
    Okay, think about my side with regard to the same argument. What if we just ate meat AND found away not to give off so much nitrous oxide? (As for farting, I have to agree with Subbass that it's kind of a dumb argument.) And once again, at least I'm eating the animals I kill. By choosing a veggie diet, you're contributing to the killing of animals that never get eaten. So while we have this food system that you have a problem with, you're doing the better thing by eating meat.

Change is possible, it is hard to escape but I do believe a food revolution is coming whether people like it or not. You have the power to choose not to eat meat from an industry that is so harmful to the environment, just as you would any other product. Because our system is unsustainable long term at the rate we are going, you can do your own research on that.
    I also have the power to realize that humans will never stop eating meat and they will never want to stop, and that we are always going to look for more efficient, healthy and cost-effective ways to produce it. Look, if you have a problem with the way the meat industry works, you find ways to fix the way it works, not outlaw meat altogether or guilt trip people into believing the consumption of meat is somehow wrong or unhealthy. Just like if you have a problem with the way Wal-Mart treats its employees you don't ban Wal-Mart or large corporate businesses or the free market, you find ways to fix Wal-Mart ("fix" can mean boycotting or protesting or whatever).
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Okay, but we have four canine teeth. These are meant for eating meat. We are omnivores. Cows are not.
    I'm actually a primatologist... we have flat grinding teeth with thick enamel, designed for crushing nuts, seeds and roots.

Either way, like I said, natural does NOT equal ethical! Jesus people... have you SEEN nature? It's brutal!
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

Quote Originally Posted by lickety_spit View Post
    it was always my dream for weeks to have one of those create-your-own license plate frames read "who gives a fuck about your hemi?" after seeing a bunch of those "yeah, it's got a hemi" stickers.
    it's too bad i'm conscious of little children... and it was too long. i settled for the shorter, PG "your hemi is hella lame" which was, in its own right, hella lame.
    Oh man. If I saw that I would remember it forever. So you ended up getting the PG version? Do you still have it?

Quote Originally Posted by EVillSD View Post
    WWMD?

Announcement: Our universe revolves around the sun, not Morrissey.
    Sounds like you need Morrissey to bend you over.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

You can do that on Cafepress if you want...it's what I did for some anti-Prop 8 stickers I wanted to make. Just designed 'em and bought 'em at cost from my own shop.
    I really don't trust websites that allow you to design your own shirts,I'm scared they'll come out crappy. What me and my friends did is bought those shirt markers from michaels, and we wrote "democracy not theocracy. No on 8" they came out pretty good

Do cows have canines?
    nope.
    do humans have comparable "canine" teeth to actually canines? nope.
    05,06,07,08,09,10,11, 12 #1, 13 #1

I think I read once that human canines are better designed for tearing the skin off of fruit than for eating meat.

I think I need a ham and cheese sandwich.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

pigs are my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.