Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Row

Default Front Row

I know this has been talked about a bit in other threads...but how do you get in the front row for the main stage? Not just near the front. I specifically want to be in the front row for the Killers on Saturday. And please don't fill up this thread by telling me I don't have to worry about it cause I'll be by myself...cause we all really know that's just not true. It will be packed.

If anyone has been front row for any headlining acts before, can you let me know what you did to get there? And was it hard keeping your spot while you waited? Could you leave to go to the bathroom & get food while the rest of your group was holding your spot? Did you die of heat stroke, etc? thanks!

Default Re: Front Row

Lesley Anne, I too plan on being front row for the killers.

First of all, bottom line: If you want rail you have to get there early as fuck and rough it.

I want rail too but I'm not getting my ass there at noon or whatever to do it.

But this is what you do, just get to the mainstage like 4 or 5 bands before THE KILLERS and you keep your ass there. Every time a band finishes tons of people leave which is our turn to move on up. Make sure you have water in your backpack. And as far as bathroom goes, hopefully you're good at holding it.

This is what I plan on doing and I guarantee that by the end of the night, I WILL feel BFlow's heat
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

your going to have to get there early as fuck and push your way through every time a band is finished. your going to have to be prepared for people hating, mad pushing, you cant go pee, better be well hydrated and know your going to be stuck by some middle eastern fool thats going to have smelly arms pits. dont be scared to be aggressive because people are coachella are a bunch of pussies ayways. but remember that your going to miss a lot of other cool bands that you might like. but if thats what you want... do that shit. you'll have so much fun and when your up there push mother fuckers back that start pushing. remember it get rough up there. especially for the main stage

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho confucious View Post
    your going to have to get there early as fuck and push your way through every time a band is finished. your going to have to be prepared for people hating, mad pushing, you cant go pee, better be well hydrated and know your going to be stuck by some middle eastern fool thats going to have smelly arms pits. dont be scared to be aggressive because people are coachella are a bunch of pussies ayways. but remember that your going to miss a lot of other cool bands that you might like. but if thats what you want... do that shit. you'll have so much fun and when your up there push mother fuckers back that start pushing. remember it get rough up there. especially for the main stage
    exactly on the ball. you have to sit through bands you dont wanna see and succesively move up everytime someones set ends while people are walking away from the stage. seeing as how it is the headliner, you might wanna start 2 bands back.

You sound like a fucking idiot. Are you, in any way, related to Quicksand's dad?

Better? Cockfag.
    Last edited by paganman7; 03-27-2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    You sound like a fucking idiot? Are you, in any way, related to Quicksand's dad?
    do you not see the irony of posting a statement with a question mark while calling someone else an idiot?

You sound like a fucking idiot. Are you, in any way, related to Quicksand's dad?

Better? Cockfag.
    see i told you, people start hating all the time but they dont do shit! just go up there and have fun. i always get up front when its someone i really want to see. no matter what, your going to experience coachella and thats all that matters.

as for you fuckin peganman puto you better cast an invisible spell on yourself or some shit because if i know who you are i'm going to rape your fat ass fuckin puto hijo de puta!

I trie to do that for rage against the machine and it didn't work out because I wasn't pushy. I was really close but I wanted the rail. My advice, don't start you journey by entering down the middle, go down the sides and you'll be more successful

Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    I trie to do that for rage against the machine and it didn't work out because I wasn't pushy. I was really close but I wanted the rail. My advice, don't start you journey by entering down the middle, go down the sides and you'll be more successful
    yeah thats true. the sides work better.

Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    I got to the rail at ratm just by pushing whenever the music started playing. Seriously, it's rage, everybody pushes to get to the front and only the strong survive.

as for you fuckin peganman puto you better cast an invisible spell on yourself or some shit because if i know who you are i'm going to rape your fat ass fuckin puto hijo de puta!

LEL

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

and don't be an asshole to the earlier bands and ruin it for their fans who are enjoying the show up front...you know, like the ratm fans.

It's stupid to wait all day on the rail. You miss so much. I walzed right up to the front last year for Kraftwerk/Portishead/Prince. If I hadn't taken a few steps back to hang out with Sasha, we would have been right in the front.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

don't waist your time with getting front row. see other artists and get there an artist before and get about ten feet from the front just by passing through people.

Better? Cockfag.
    well "better" and "cockfag" dont really make up a sentence, so they dont need punctuation at the end. it does indicate your inability to communicate intelligently, along with the fact that your a homophobe. its ok, maybe one day youll even earn your GED.

<cue moronic insult...>

How early are people going to get to the mainstage for Paul McCartney?

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

who cares.

the railing is NEVER the best view, and it's usually got the worst mix.

have you ever given shape-shifting a try? (a la harry potter, animorphs, vampires into bats..). i would suggest choosing an animal that is small but relatively resilient - you dont want to get smushed by somebody's dancing boots, do you? no, you don't. also make sure that you are not only able to shift into animal form, but back out into human form. this is key.

Talking Re: Front Row

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyAnne View Post
    how do you get in the front row for the main stage? Not just near the front. I specifically want to be in the front row for the Killers on Saturday.
    show your tits...
    HELLO?! that's what they are there for
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Unhappy Re: Front Row

my friend was in the front row for nine inch nails. he lost his shoe, have you seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    who cares.

Totally. You'll see much better and the sound will be way better if you plant yourself somewhere near the soundboard.
    And you won't have to miss a bunch of great bands at other stages to get there, or annoy the fans of the earlier bands on the main stage.

who cares.

Portishead/Kraftwerk sounded amazing up front. Probably an anomaly though. I'm also afraid that I was able to get up front for them because the crowds were more mellow and lighter. I'm genuinely worried about Franz/Moz/McCartney. Some crazy fans in that mix and MORE fans in that mix as well.

edit: it also looked great from there too. I can definitely see the appeal of being as close as you can be. And sometimes if you're kinda close but not right up front, you're squished and you can't SEE if you're average size or short.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 03-27-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

can somebody explain to me the advantage of being on the rail for a huge stage like Coachella Main? you wanna be able to see 14% of the stage show, and really be able to see their shoes or up their noses or what? now, front row in the tents, i get...

but the best place to see the show at Main is just far enough back where your entire periphial vision goes from the left screen to the right... imo

shit, even if you're front row, you're still gonna be like 30 feet away, so what's the fucking point?

to be as close to your idol as possible of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

my fav spot is the second railing.

sightline advantages of railing 1, with none of the crushing or neck craning, and a near-perfect mix

I want to touch Brandon Flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

sightline advantages of railing 1, with none of the crushing or neck craning, and a near-perfect mix
    I totally agree-you see great ,have some space and if you have your back to the rail its all good. No pushing-good sight line,sound ,room to dance and Breathe!

Default i did it for radiohead, and prince

only one way.
    get there as the gates open, fill a backpack full of water, and hope you dont have to pee.
    bring some food, but water is utmost as it will be hot. your friends will not be able to save your spot after the 5th to last band (at best) but make nice with the people around you they may save the day, and your spot. they may hose you too!!! (actually they probably will) hold your ground or you will be way off to the side of the stage and probably better off behind the sound man.
    i did it for prince last year, (and radiohead prior to). no pee, beer, food, or moving from 2:30 until 1:45 a.m. when they finished.sounds crazy in 100+ degree heat!!! peeing probably wont happen with sips of water, the heat will sweat it out. but you will need 7-10 bottles of water.
    if you are up front, you WILL have a place to sit in between bands, but you will have to stand through every band. DO NOT ARRIVE TIRED!!! or you will not make it no matter how much you love them. good luck!

Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyAnne View Post
    I know this has been talked about a bit in other threads...but how do you get in the front row for the main stage? Not just near the front. I specifically want to be in the front row for the Killers on Saturday. And please don't fill up this thread by telling me I don't have to worry about it cause I'll be by myself...cause we all really know that's just not true. It will be packed.

If anyone has been front row for any headlining acts before, can you let me know what you did to get there? And was it hard keeping your spot while you waited? Could you leave to go to the bathroom & get food while the rest of your group was holding your spot? Did you die of heat stroke, etc? thanks!
    Last year I was essentially front row for Prince, and front row dead center corner rail for Roger Waters.

I got to the mainstage for DCFC and Stars on their respective days, and moved up during the time between acts when their is usually an exodus of fans. Bring plenty of small snacks and water with you though, I had a small backpack last year. Also, the nice security guards will toss you water if you ask politely.

who cares.

Not the best view? It was incredible, and the only act I really regret missing during that time is Hot Chip. (The only bad thing was that during Eclipse, the prism was essentially right above my head). As for the mix, I had absolutely no problems last year.