Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depeche Mode

Default Depeche Mode

If Depeche was added it would be an 80's utopia... .
    Look Prince was added late and he headlined... .
    Sorry but the killers last album blowed... .
    and Depeche has a new album to promote... .
    Possibility??? ? Please!!! !
    and please i dont need some miserable cunt and or dick replying saying
    "Its not gonna happen"
    Even with the economy in the shit hole its in Depeche would really draw a crowd.
    Morrissey Depeche Cure... . goth lovers wet dream... .
    TONZ28

Default Re: Depeche Mode

NOT HAPPENING

I like your 'Moxy", and am not saying it wouldn't be cool, but I don't see it happening. Personaly, I would just go see Depeche Mode when their in your area of the world.

Die. You really don't think we've discussed this at length already? Really?
    Last edited by captncrzy; 03-26-2009 at 08:28 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Depressed Mode = Lame for Coachella.....Your 80's fix should be satisfied with The Cure. Leave some fun for the rest of us.

What I wanna know is; with the diversity of music, why they don't ever bring in any (good) Metal acts like Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, etc.? I understand the woodstock-type atmosphere they are going for and it's not to say that a metal band wouldn't be a little mayhem, but the genre shouldn't be excluded....I have a friend that drums for a band called Death By Stereo, they are amazing, their lyrics are super insightful/political, etc. Why not some godamn shredders of ear pussies? what gives? (by the way, check out DBS, they rock)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsXJUAAxCkQ

even if you don't like the style of music, you have to appreciate the lyrics (look them up)

Quote Originally Posted by slapuinpublic View Post
    why they don't ever bring in any (good) Metal acts
    Yeah, cause Mastodon & Genghis Tron are elevator music.

Much as I don't care about him, stroll by Steve Aoki's set around start time, you might hear "New Noise" (Refused) blaring out of the tent. That's about as good as it gets.

Funny how all the hatred towards the Killers came after the release of Human. Didn't hear any hate towards them before that.

Quote Originally Posted by firesuite View Post

Much as I don't care about him, stroll by Steve Aoki's set around start time, you might hear "New Noise" (Refused) blaring out of the tent. That's about as good as it gets.
    Yeah not a fan of these guys....well Mastadon, kinda sorta....but I will for sure be at Aoki's set and yes I have heard the Refused song at the beginning of his cd, it's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJesus28 View Post
    goth lovers wet dream also translates roughly to "Coachella shits forth the 80s, 20 years after relevancy." I love these bands, but it'd just be too much.

Depressed Mode = Lame for Coachella.....Your 80's fix should be satisfied with The Cure. Leave some fun for the rest of us.

What I wanna know is; with the diversity of music, why they don't ever bring in any (good) Metal acts like Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, etc.? I understand the woodstock-type atmosphere they are going for and it's not to say that a metal band wouldn't be a little mayhem, but the genre shouldn't be excluded....I have a friend that drums for a band called Death By Stereo, they are amazing, their lyrics are super insightful/political, etc. Why not some godamn shredders of ear pussies? what gives? (by the way, check out DBS, they rock)

even if you don't like the style of music, you have to appreciate the lyrics (look them up)

two words - TURBONEGRO!

those three are 80's mall goth lovers wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveorangejuice View Post
    Funny how all the hatred towards the Killers came after the release of Human. Didn't hear any hate towards them before that.
    That's because you weren't talking to me.

The first time I heard Sam's Town, I kicked a child.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Coachella Junkie

If Depeche was added it would be an 80's utopia... .
    Look Prince was added late and he headlined... .
    Sorry but the killers last album blowed... .
    and Depeche has a new album to promote... .
    Possibility??? ? Please!!! !
    "Its not gonna happen"
    Even with the economy in the shit hole its in Depeche would really draw a crowd.

Oh man. Your Depeche Mode thread just got metal'd. You gonna stand for that?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

"Its not gonna happen"
    NOT GONNA FUCKING HAPPEN
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

he said "blowed"

Thumbs down Re: Depeche Mode

this comment is gross.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    NOT GONNA FUCKING HAPPEN
    I am willing to bet you got your ass smeared by people in highschool. Or other shit was smeared on it.. get where I am going with this, Malcom?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurker_with_a_bush View Post
    I am willing to bet you got your ass smeared by people in highschool. Or other shit was smeared on it.. get where I am going with this, Malcom?
    Well, actually, I don't. You lose me at the suggestion that other shit would be smeared on my ass. Can you explain to me how that would take place?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

You think Depeche Mode would be lame for Coachella, yet you're advocating for As I Lay Dying and Lamb of God? Go back to Coachella 101, immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJay View Post
    he said "blowed"
    Funny, that part really stood out to me and I was going to say something about it, too.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

The Killers will be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    You think Depeche Mode would be lame for Coachella, yet you're advocating for As I Lay Dying and Lamb of God? Go back to Coachella 101, immediately.
    Maybe I think Coachella 101 could use some adjustments...I'm not sorry that I love Metal

I've already seen Depeche Mode at Coachella.
    Adding them would make me happy for you...but I'd probably sigh.
    I don't hate sighing though.
    I just prefer Mr. Bungle.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Well, actually, I don't. You lose me at the suggestion that other shit would be smeared on my ass. Can you explain to me how that would take place?
    butt sex. get it now?

Maybe I think Coachella 101 could use some adjustments...I'm not sorry that I love Metal
    Metal is great, but not at Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by firesuite View Post

what does aoki (the worst dj in the line up) have to do with metal? all ur gonna hear from him are the usual 5 or 7 daft punk tracks plus 5 more from justice and the rest will be junk from the ed banger crew, junk that will be repeated by almost every electro dj.............

Banned

Look Prince was added late and he headlined...
    Prince was not a "late add" -- He was already signed on from the very start, but due to his hip surgery, Goldenvoice didn't want to chance announcing him and then have him drop out if he didn't fully recover from surgery on time. Had he never had to go through surgery, his name would have been on the poster from January on, and not just a month prior to last year's festival.

This is a fact, so just try not to get your hopes up that a past addition that was never an addition at all means all other years have that same exact possibility.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Why does everyone who hate the Killers mention the Prince add? When Prince was added to a great day not the day of Jack Johnson. Hussssh!
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Metal would be great at Coachella. However, As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage is NOT the right metal. I'm down with the direction of Mastodon as opposed to that super screamy emo type hardcore crap. They should get more psychadelic metal acts to incorporate like Kylesa, or Baroness, someone that would actually work thematically with the rest of the acts there instead of just bringing in a bunch of fourteen year olds with bangs in their eyes and birds nests on the back of their heads.

DM will be at lolla.