That's disappointing about Immortal. They put out a few of the best black metal albums. Then again, so did Enslaved. I'm stoked to see them, but I feel like I might have to leave after the twin jet engines of Pallbearer and Royal Thunder.
50. Lambchop - Mr. M
49. Crystal Castles - III
48. Peaking Lights - Lucifer
47. Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction
46. Rustie - Essential Mix
45. El-P - Cancer for Cure
44. Metz - Metz
43. Mac DeMarco - 2
42. Rick Ross - Rich Forever
41. Dum Dum Girls - End of Daze EP
40. DIIV - Oshin
39. Hot Chip - In Our Heads
38. Lotus Plaza - Spooky Action at a Distance
37. Future - Pluto
36. Sharon Van Etten - Tramp
35. TNGHT - TNGHT
34. Chairlift - Something
33. Actress - R.I.P.
32. Action Bronson & Party Supplies - Blue Chips
31. Spiritualized - Sweet Heart Sweet Light
30. The Men - Open Your Heart
29. Cat Power - Sun
28. How to Dress Well - Total Loss
27. John Talabot - fIN
26. Julia Holter - Ekstasis
25. Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions
24. Purity Ring - Shrines
23. Miguel - Kaleidoscope Dream
22. Flying Lotus - Until The Quiet Comes
21. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Mature Themes
None of their highest 20 reviewed have been accounted for so this will be the top 20 in some order or another...
Frank Ocean "Channel Orange"
Kendrick Lamar "good kid, m.A.A.d city
Godspeed You! Black Emperor "Alleluja! Don't Bend! Ascend!"
Grizzly Bear "Shields"
Beach House "Bloom"
Swans "The Seer"
Fiona Apple "The Idler…"
Tame Impala "Lonerism"
Dirty Projectors "Swing Lo Magellan"
Japandroids "Celebration Rock"
Spiritualized "Sweet Heart Sweet Light"
Ty Segall Band "Slaughterhouse"
Death Grips "The Money Store"
Chromatics "Kill for Love"
Burial "Kindrid EP"
Twin Shadow "Confess"
Killer Mike "RAP Music"
Julia Holter "Ekstasis"
Cloud Nothings "Attack on Memory"
Converge "All We Love We Leave Behind"
Last edited by xanman86; 12-20-2012 at 11:20 PM.
I expect Grimes in the top 5, Frank Ocean at number 1.
Their top five "songs of the year" are horrible picks.
Why does "Myth" by Beach House sound so familar, is it a cover?
Idol snake, get out of that skin.
Here's my breakdown of the top 5 singles:
1. It's good, but not number one good. I enjoyed her interview on XMU a couple months back.
2. I liked the way that "Pyrimads" sits on the album, but I think that "Thinking About You" is better song on it's own. The video is awesome.
3. Seriously - WTF is with this Usher shit?
4. *rolls eyes*
5. Japandroids aren't very bad, but they aren't very good either.
With that being said, I do appreciate their list. There are some good picks like, "Only Going Backwards" and "Wet Blanket". Does anyone have a playlist that I can DL?
Idol snake, get out of that skin.
Usher's Climax wouldn't be relevant without Diplo behind it.
Their year end quote list is full of gems: http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-...n-quotes-2012/
Including this from Beach House:
Writing about us, people have said: "Do we need another album by this band?" What the fuck is that? That only matters if you're just listening to sound. It's this pathetic era we're in where people are like, "I'm done with them, I need a new sound; I'm a baby, I need something every five minutes." A lot of people listening to music now don't listen to the songs at all. They just go, "Good tones…" and that's it. But we're obsessed with songs. Sometimes, I feel like people aren't listening to our songs, they're just listening to the sound.
The 2012 N*sync vs BSB
Thats a pretty solid top 10 actually.
I'm surprised they gave the shaft to Godspeed over Grizzly Bear!
Kendrick Lamar over Frank Ocean.