When I see Athens, GA in a music context I automatically get excited. Pavlovian.
they hit the nail on the head with Air, No Age and APTBS today...
I need to find a way to get the No Age EP. I no longer have a record player, so it doesn't really make sense to buy it unless I just wanted to have to listen to at the school library or something.
the grizzly bear live video for Foreground that they posted is incredible.
last couple times they did this feature they added songs throughout the week.
I'm no metal fan, but how the fuck do you give Baroness' new album (which I've been told has been hailed as one of the year's best metal records by a number of publications) an 8.5 but refuse to give it the Best New Music moniker? WTF.
Best new music is something that the whole staff tends to agree on. That reviewer wanted an 8.5. It deserves best new music though, and it might just get one tomorrow morning when they update the site. It happened with the Girls album recently.
Radiohead's world domination continues. According to a story in the Liverpool Daily Post, a race horse named Radiohead will compete in this weekend's Breeders' Cup Juvenile race at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California.
No word if the steed jams out to that Thom Yorke song "Feeling Pulled Apart by Horses" or if he's somehow offended by it.
In a strange twist, a horse named Wilko won the very same race five years ago. And there's apparently a similarity between the two gallopers, according to horse agent (!) Andy Smith, who said, "[Radiohead] reminds me of Wilko-- a feisty, well-built sort who should do well out in America."
P4k editors, hire this guy.
Posted by Ryan Dombal on November 5, 2009 at 12:20 p.m.
Tags: Radiohead, WTF
I figured that this should go here...
It is now 12 years since ‘Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space’ made a profound impact in the summer of 1997, both critically and commercially, with its psychedelic soundscapes and heart-rending lyrics. It has influenced a whole range of musicians ever since. It was NME’s album of the year for 1997 and reached No.4 in the official charts. Originally packaged as a giant pill offering a written prescription, the concept was creatively inspired reflecting the depth of emotion and trauma laid bare on this truly remarkable work.
The album will be re-released with new artwork on special limited edition formats with 2 CDs of bonus content. These bonus tracks give a valuable insight into the artist’s work-in-progress – and include demos, instrumental versions, and session mixes – and highlight an aim for perfection prior to recording the definitive version.
ATP Recordings / Spaceman are pleased to be able to offer the very limited collectors edition. This includes 12 x 3” Mini CD’s of the complete full album track-by-track, a homage to the original release. This will be accompanied by 2 bonus discs (as per tracklisting below). For those who don’t want to open the blister pack, each unit will come with a code to download the original album.
Limited to just 1000 units, each collectors edition will come with a prescription numbered out of 1000 and signed by Jason Pierce.
The Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space Collectors edition will be sent out from the UK on December 16th. If you do not wish to pay postage and handling, there will be an option to pick it up from the Barbican show on December 16th or 17th.
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space Collectors edition is available for £125.00 + postage and handling.
*based upon tedious fact checking.
Best packaging in history? Maybe. Holy hell I want that.
10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda
I really highly recommend that everyone watch the documentary Wesley Willis's Joyrides while it's still up on the one week only section. An excellent, heart breaking and heart warming movie.
Top 100-51 songs of the year are up.
Here's what I agree with:
89. No Age - You're A Target
84. Junior Boys - Parallel Lines
80. YACHT - Psychic City (Voodoo City)
74. Neon Indian - Should Have Taken Acid With You
72. Matt & Kim - Daylight
68. Royksopp - The Girl And The Robot
62. Volcano Choir - Island, IS
85. Wavves - No Hope Kids
69. Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
Got the wrong song:
88. Passion Pit - Moth's Wings (SHB: The Reeling)
70. Discovery - Orange Shirt (SHB: Osaka Loop Line or I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend)
63. Real Estate - Fake Blues (SHB: Suburban Dogs)
61. Atlas Sound - Quick Canal (SHB: assuming Walkabout makes it higher, Criminals)
58. Fever Ray - If I Had A Heart (SHB: When I Grow Up)
52. St. Vincent - Actor Out Of Work (SHB: Laughing With A Mouthful of Blood)
51. Antony & The Johnsons - Aeon (SHB: Kiss My Name)
this seems interesting. It is really fun to play with the three looping links.
http://www.oebkenllbsr.com/ http://www.berobrknells.com/ http://www.ebbelkslorn.com/
Their top 50 tracks are now up. Big shocker for the winner!
10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
10/25: Moodymann @ PW
11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore
49. Yo La Tengo - Here To Fall
40. Bear In Heaven - Lovesick Teenagers
36. Fever Ray - When I Grow Up
34. Atlas Sound - Walkabout
24. Basement Jaxx - Raindrops
20. Japandroids - Young Hearts Spark Fire
12. Grizzly Bear - While You Wait For The Others
10. Washed Out - Feel It All Around
8. Phoenix - Lisztomania
5. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
1. Animal Collective - My Girls
31. Lily Allen - The Fear
C'mon now. Stop fucking around:
41. Major Lazer - Keep It Goin' Louder
39. Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero
3. Phoenix - 1901
Got the wrong song:
45. The Flaming Lips - Watching The Planets (SHB: Silver Trembling Hands)
43. Camera Obscura - French Navy (SHB: My Maudlin Career or Away With Murder)
2. Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move (SHB: Useful Chamber)